Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

DF is on the new launcher, since some of my testers were asking for it, but there's a few things you need to remember.

1) It's still a test version. Exect bugs.

2) It's only for A17, not A17.1.

I'll sort out a full changelog once it's properly released. :)

Hello there!

I don't know if you already know about some bugs i am reporting here, but some of them are of great concern to me and the players on our server.

We use the DF 17.0 server & client version:

#1 If u shoot a bug/wasp with a bow there is a 90% chance that your arrow is stuck in the insects body, but the arrow is about 50m Big and blocking your screen, u can't see the insect anymore and it kills u - minor issue

#2 Some items in the toolbelt are locked and cannot be moved unless u do something with them (like using) normally its no problem but if it comes to first aid kits and u only have one and u want to give it to another player who is dying, well... doesn't work! - minor issue

#3 After already playing for some time and relogging because of a bug, many players cannot log back in and are stuck at the "Creating Player" part. We scienced most of our ideas out of it like: restarting the game, restarting steam, restarting the computer, reinstalling the mod, reinstalling the game and restarting the server.

It is pretty random which of the last 3 solutions work and honestly: redownloading and reinstalling the game is quite annoying if u just wanna play :smile-new: - major big issue

Do you have any solution to the #3? We would be glad to hear it ;-)

#2 Some items in the toolbelt are locked and cannot be moved unless u do something with them (like using) normally its no problem but if it comes to first aid kits and u only have one and u want to give it to another player who is dying, well... doesn't work! - minor issue

Don't know about the others, but this one is a bug of 17.0 and is fixed in 17.1 that is still in experimental.

Don't know about the others, but this one is a bug of 17.0 and is fixed in 17.1 that is still in experimental.

Didn't know it was fixed in 17.1, so thanks for that. :)

I know the first one is a bug with SDX and custom entities, which I believe sphereii said he's going to look into. #3 we're looking into... need the NRE's to track down the problem.

#3 After already playing for some time and relogging because of a bug, many players cannot log back in and are stuck at the "Creating Player" part. We scienced most of our ideas out of it like: restarting the game, restarting steam, restarting the computer, reinstalling the mod, reinstalling the game and restarting the server.

It is pretty random which of the last 3 solutions work and honestly: redownloading and reinstalling the game is quite annoying if u just wanna play :smile-new: - major big issue

Do you have any solution to the #3? We would be glad to hear it ;-)

How big is the map you are playing on ? Since i had alot of trouble with people getting in to my server, and myself if the map had a bigger size than 12k. They where just stuck on creating player

Love the Mod for A16. Been trying out your experimental A17 using the ModLauncher and have run into an old but extremely annoying bug. On death, if your backpack is rather full then items will be deleted/lost. I just died to a pack of burned victims. When I reclaimed my bad, half the items on my belt (my best iron and steel tools with the only modes I had found) and the last few items in my bag (newly minted minibike and mastery book I just found) were gone. Needless to say I didn't have the heart to continue playing.

On a different topic... do any of the recipe books work? Every book I have found seem to the read option grayed out.

Is there any plans to make the simplest class abilities to be more generic? Playing solo bites when you are dirt poor because your barter sucks or have to live on a diet of grilled meat. I love how a lot of the skills are organized under particular classes but if there are 5 levels, it would be nice if level 1 can be learned by all but you have to have the class to learn the more advanced levels. Everyone could make bacon and eggs or coffee, but only the farmer could make meat stews or red teas, etc.

Thanks!

is there any idea when you will have this for 17.1 I do not know how to make my server run just 17 and when I try to install it on 17.1 the server just keeps crashing

At some point within the next few days.

Love the Mod for A16. Been trying out your experimental A17 using the ModLauncher and have run into an old but extremely annoying bug. On death, if your backpack is rather full then items will be deleted/lost. I just died to a pack of burned victims. When I reclaimed my bad, half the items on my belt (my best iron and steel tools with the only modes I had found) and the last few items in my bag (newly minted minibike and mastery book I just found) were gone. Needless to say I didn't have the heart to continue playing.

I'll double check the dropped backpack window. It SHOULD be fine... but I've updated the XML so many bloody times that I might've screwed it up.

On a different topic... do any of the recipe books work? Every book I have found seem to the read option grayed out.

From the impending release notes.

- "Read" function doesn't work on some books. Put it in your toolbar and left click. Then it'll work.

If it doesn't work, your level may not be high enough for what you're trying to learn.

Is there any plans to make the simplest class abilities to be more generic? Playing solo bites when you are dirt poor because your barter sucks or have to live on a diet of grilled meat. I love how a lot of the skills are organized under particular classes but if there are 5 levels, it would be nice if level 1 can be learned by all but you have to have the class to learn the more advanced levels. Everyone could make bacon and eggs or coffee, but only the farmer could make meat stews or red teas, etc.

Thanks!

Probably not. Solo players get 2 class books to help with this... or they should. If you didn't, then I derped. :D It is something I will consider in the future, but not right now.

Hi There is 2 errors i want to show: all skills are adding up, but they dont show in the system. when you click on athletics it says 67/100 but when you click on it its still on level 1 so no gain from it.

2nd error is that my civilian quest is stuck on 2/6 and the new quest didnt spawn, so i can bever upgrade better barter past level 2.

Can you help here?

Is it possible to add this mod with something like Guppycur's modlets? If so, in which order would you suggest? I am just about to get back into 7DTD after a few months away after playing a16.4, and would install Darkness Falls manually.

(I always had issues with the Mod Launcher and cannot get it to install mods since upgrading my PC to Win 10 from 7)

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to add this mod with something like Guppycur's modlets? If so, in which order would you suggest? I am just about to get back into 7DTD after a few months away after playing a16.4, and would install Darkness Falls manually.

(I always had issues with the Mod Launcher and cannot get it to install mods since upgrading my PC to Win 10 from 7)

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the new installer? https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/raw/master/SetupInstaller.msi

Hi There is 2 errors i want to show: all skills are adding up, but they dont show in the system. when you click on athletics it says 67/100 but when you click on it its still on level 1 so no gain from it.

2nd error is that my civilian quest is stuck on 2/6 and the new quest didnt spawn, so i can bever upgrade better barter past level 2.

Can you help here?

You are gaining benefits from your skills levelling up. It's just a display bug from the fact we've had to use cvars to get the action skills back in.

As for the quest, no idea. I need an error or something so I can track it down. It's working fine for me.

Thanks in advance!

The mod is still in testing.

Yes you probably could add modlets to it, but my stance is DO NOT install any modlets onto the mod. Sphereii is going to allow us an option to have a curated list of modlets that are either confirmed working or recommended.

Once the mod is actually done and released, I'll look into doing that. However I will not be offering any support for any versions of the mod that have been modified with modlets.

Thanks for replying SphereII, yes, I downloaded it this morning, I'll comment in the Launcher thread with the issues I'm having.

Thanks KhaineGB, I'll hold off for now with multiple mods. I wasn't sure how a17 handled multiple mods being combined together. (I know an overhaul is more than a simple mod, but I still was not sure how modding changed for a17.)

Thanks for replying SphereII, yes, I downloaded it this morning, I'll comment in the Launcher thread with the issues I'm having.

Thanks KhaineGB, I'll hold off for now with multiple mods. I wasn't sure how a17 handled multiple mods being combined together. (I know an overhaul is more than a simple mod, but I still was not sure how modding changed for a17.)

I had like... 4 or 5 modlets running at once, but those were all ones I made. :)

I've seen some folks run like... 10 or so.

Umm... I noticed that a link to download the A17 version of the overhaul directly is not in the first few posts. At least, I can't find one, just the 16.4 versions on post #3. I copied the link from the 7D2D Launcher that displayed at the bottom of the info when I selected Alpha 17. I figure that if the Launcher uses this for a17, then it's what I should use, right? https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsA17Client/archive/master.zip

To double check, I should be using 7 Days To Die with a17.0 installed, not a17.1 or experimental, correct?

question I love the Campo-pack is there anyway you might consider adding it to the prefabs I have tried to install it but it messes up the game there are so many player built prefabs that are so good love the HEPA building lol. love the full mod tho you rock me and the wife do enjoy it altho the green zombies at night have scared the hell out of her a few times at night lol cant wait for 17.1 so I can attempt to run it from my server.

question I love the Campo-pack is there anyway you might consider adding it to the prefabs I have tried to install it but it messes up the game there are so many player built prefabs that are so good love the HEPA building lol. love the full mod tho you rock me and the wife do enjoy it altho the green zombies at night have scared the hell out of her a few times at night lol cant wait for 17.1 so I can attempt to run it from my server.

It's in the current A17.1 test build...

...against my better judgement since people come and complain to me when there's POI issues. ;)

This sounds really good, as does undead legacy.

Will have to give this a try when yer updated for 17.2. =)

EDIT-

After posting that, I remembered.... "didn't I post something like that already before for one of these large mods?"

Well this time I mean it.

I can't believe all the stuff these 2 mods do, and a lot of stuff I been waiting years for the pimps to do already.

Edited by zombo (see edit history)

Which of my mods? If it's the blood moon, it's likely compatible.

Probably not cos I rewrote the bloodmoon code.

But I took the crawlers out because they're SUPER annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds really good, as does undead legacy.

Will have to give this a try when yer updated for 17.2. =)

EDIT-

After posting that, I remembered.... "didn't I post something like that already before for one of these large mods?"

Well this time I mean it.

I can't believe all the stuff these 2 mods do, and a lot of stuff I been waiting years for the pimps to do already.

I'm hoping 17.2 is a while away ;)

Mod should be ready for 17.1 soon though... like... monday-ish.

I was waiting for 17.2 in hopes the pimps optimize, but I might not be able to wait since reading about what your mod does. I am pretty excited for this. Strange I have avoided big mods this whole time, I been missing out it looks like.

This mod is brutal lol. I had 5 ferals chasing me by mid day, day 1. Fun times :D

Been trying to added dismemberment "Head Pop" chance to your archery skill. But the description is a little funky and I am trying to add it as a base amount like 1-20% from level 1 to 100. Mostly because I don't see any other way to get it on bow in your other perks since headshot was taken out.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/509882394187399178/536398117478858763/unknown.png

Also guessing that none of the 4K texture upgrades works with this mod as of now? (I know it's test :) )

Edited by Towel (see edit history)