Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'll consider it. I just woke up and found out A17-E is out this weekend for streamers and next week for us.

So now I'm like "Well... do I fix up a couple of bugs, or just say screw it?" :D

Its hard to say which is better, Are you going to convert the mod for a17e? or wait till a17 stable before you do? Mind you I don't think the core is going to change much between experemental to stable, it hasn't really in previous alphas afaik.

Actually Monday for us plebs :p

That's still next week, you tit :p

- - - Updated - - -

Its hard to say which is better, Are you going to convert the mod for a17e? or wait till a17 stable before you do? Mind you I don't think the core is going to change much between experemental to stable, it hasn't really in previous alphas afaik.

I'm going to START work during A17-E because I want to re-do the skill system to be a hybrid of A16 and A17.

I may not release until A17 Stable since I need to wait for SDX anyways. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So I just ran into the bandits in the wasteland... the ones with guns, yeaaaah I think they need to be toned down quite a bit for a17. They have perfect accuarcy and with full 550+ qual armor they kill me in 3 hits on warrior diffculty. Can't even aim at one fast enough before they kill me. Did find traider Caitlin though, awesome stuff in there, but I died 3 times in a row trying to get my backpack back so I just gave up due to bandits 2-3 shoting me XD. Deleted the save too I was so mad. Day 17 90 min days 0 deaths then killed 3 times in 10 mins by the same bandit, or well it had an AK47 or some sort of rifle which ever it was. First time I died to him I got off my minibike to try to kill one to see what they drop. Dead before I could aim at em. Somehow he seen me from that far away. This is going to be intersting in a17.

Yep, that sounds like you found the super rare spawn one with the AK.

By super rare, these are the spawn chances.

<entity name="BanditLeader" prob="0.002"/>
	<entity name="BanditLeader2" prob="0.002"/>
	<entity name="BanditFemaleLeader" prob="0.002"/>
	<entity name="BanditFemaleLeader2" prob="0.002"/>

If it was a guy in a gas mask, that's not a bandit and they carry M4A1's. They only shoot if you damage them, same as survivors. :)

Ok folks, this is the last update. After this, I will be starting work on A17 because I want to do some playing and poking at the XML. It's pretty much only bug fixes. :)

• Fixed medicine cabinet loot list.
  • Add the auto-coilturret to the coilguns perk (unlock at the same time as the carbine, which is level 2)
  • Scrap Plastic now craftable.
  • Gamestage now increases faster the higher you set your difficulty. Insane will be pretty fast.
  • Steel and titanium bolts/arrows use feathers or scrap plastic instead of feathers or cloth.

It's on the launcher, so have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

KhaineGB,

Will your A17 mod increase the number of walkers that are outside of buildings?

Honest answer? No idea. I need to get my hands on it and see how the spawning.xml works. :)

Good day! I like the idea of new cars very much. Want to suggest to add the fuel truck. With the appropriate loot.

Oh, like a big tanker that you see at gas stations? That's a possibility. Will scout out some models. :)

KhaineGB,

Another question, is it possible to add XP debt for dying?

So if you die you get a percentage of debt that needs to be paid off before you can level again (Everquest 2 has this).

I want dying to hurt both physically (vanilla Q17 has this) and XP wise.

Oh god... EQ2 XP debt. I remember having 50% XP debt because I went shiny harvesting in the bonemire when KoS first came out.

Level 60 in a zone full of 70+. Yeeeeeeah... worth it for the plat though. :D

Now... A16? Absolutely not. A17? ....maybe? There is a PlayerExpGain effect, so I might be able to do a "lose XP on death" or have a buff that stops you gaining XP until X amount of time.

It's absolutely something I can look into. :)

Better than death in EQ1 where you could lose hours of XP grinding and levels on death.

"or have a buff that stops you gaining XP until X amount of time."

I prefer the lose XP if that option is possible, if not, can you stop just a certain percentage of gain? I wouldn't want to zero out all XP gain.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Better than death in EQ1 where you could lose hours of XP grinding and levels on death.

"or have a buff that stops you gaining XP until X amount of time."

I prefer the lose XP if that option is possible, if not, can you stop just a certain percentage of gain? I wouldn't want to zero out all XP gain.

I never played EQ1, but my wife did and she told me how bad the death penalties were in that.

I'm PRETTY sure that losing XP can be done. My concern is I don't know if it will de-level someone, and if that would bug something out. Again, I'd need to get my hands on the XML and start playing around. :)

But I could set a flat % penalty for X amount of time... like... an in-game day just as a ballpark figure.

EDIT: Just confirmed with Prime on stream. I could absolutely reduce the amount of XP a player gains for X amount of time.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I wasn't planning to, no.

But if I work out how to do it, then I'll make sure it's easy to find in the XML for folks to turn on. :)

I think one of the TFP staff in a streams chat said that its still there in the xml just commented out currently, so you just have remove the comment out notations to enable it. Possible in windows.xml maybe?

They're looking at allowing the bar to work WITHOUT being in debug or god mode.

If this is about the life bar, I hope they do this, even better if they make it a options in the standard options thats client side, whether to show the hp bar for zombies or not.