Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

EDIT: crap! i just realised we are on a17.1 stable now lol ignore this while i try again :D (sorry)

hey khaine, great job with the mod it sounds awesome!

but i cannot seem to get it to work, im using the mod launcher with latest experimental a17.

i download then pre sync and hit play, once at the main menu it runs really slow and when i tried to create a world it came up with errors such as missing behemoth and stuff like that. (i have used other mods also so im thinking there may still be some traces of other mods messing with it?)

what are the goto options for resolving mod issues? as i assume this is 100% on me and my pc

also i only have 8gb ram is that too low for a big overhaul like this?

Edited by clethby (see edit history)

Mod is pretty fun so far, but it's clearly not ready for multiplayer yet as you warned. My friend did indeed get stuck at character creation screen after a few times of logging out in back in.

Then while playing I got somewhat frequent null ref exceptions interrupting me trying to get me killed.

Gonna need a few more days or weeks to work some of these issues out? Not trying to rush you, I can be very patient for a good mod like this.

Also my custom xml edits didn't work when playing this with the mod launcher, just made a few changes to vehicles and entityclasses. How could I get to changes to keep while playing this?

May have a workaround for the server issue. It seems to be related to items tracking cvars that are EQUIPPED when the player logs out.

Emptying the toolbar before logout appears to help with this issue, but I'm going to look into a proper fix. Have a couple of ideas already but I need to recharge the mental batteries a bit. :)

Need to know what the output_log says for the NRE or I can't fix it. :p I've only seen one be reported and that was for crafting a shiv for a quest... for some reason. No idea why, but it only happened as the shiv was completed. May change that to a gather requirement instead of a craft requirement.

Being completely honest? I don't really support changes to the mod and I don't use the mod launcher myself, so I have no idea.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Also my custom xml edits didn't work when playing this with the mod launcher, just made a few changes to vehicles and entityclasses. How could I get to changes to keep while playing this?

As Khaine said he didn't use the modlauncher and zombo wanted to make some changes, even though he should play Khaines awesome mod as is :D Anyway, for reference, you edit files within TempMods where the files are cached/verified upon each start.

I may.... big may... have a fix for the creating player issue.

7_Days_To_Die-12-56-48-22-01.jpg

That weapon levelled up with this bit of code turned OFF.

<effect_group name="Action Skills">
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="AS_Automatics_XP" operation="add" value="8">
		<requirement name="StatCompareCurrent" target="other" stat="health" operation="GT" value="0"/>
	</triggered_effect>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfKilledOther" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="AS_Automatics_XP" operation="add" value="32"/>
</effect_group>

And thanks to a server log provided by TormentedEmu, it's that bit of code on an EQUIPPED weapon that's stopping people from logging in to servers.

So, for now, empty your toolbelts before you log off. It's not a guaranteed fix, but preliminary testing shows it does help minimize the Creating Player issues.

In the mean time, I now have a template that works so I can strip out all of that code from items, hopefully still have working action skills and hopefully fix the problem. :)

I am using the launcher as well, the previous version worked fine for me but the new version just gives me errors. I tried starting a new world and still got errors and it locked up during generation. I am including the output_log.txt in a zip file here so you can see what it is doing.

[ATTACH]27327[/ATTACH]

EDIT: I will wait a few days before I edit and remove the log so you have a chance to see it but it doesn't clutter up my attachments for the forum.

output_log.zip

Hey Khaine just started playing your mod. I think I found a bug, I went to the trader(the one in the snow biome) and when I talked to the guard captain, I noticed there were two of them. I separated them and they both had different items in stock. I don't think it's game breaking but I thought you should know. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Hey Khaine just started playing your mod. I think I found a bug, I went to the trader(the one in the snow biome) and when I talked to the guard captain, I noticed there were two of them. I separated them and they both had different items in stock. I don't think it's game breaking but I thought you should know. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

They're just breeding. It's fine. ;)

Actually it might be an issue with spawn blocks because I've seen that happen in vanilla with traders.

As Khaine said he didn't use the modlauncher and zombo wanted to make some changes, even though he should play Khaines awesome mod as is :D Anyway, for reference, you edit files within TempMods where the files are cached/verified upon each start.

Oh for the most part I am playing it as intended. I just changed the vehicles to have a higher hop force, and zombies to have low mass so they do crazy fun ragdolls. Everyone who doesn't play this way is missing out imo lol.

@KhaineGB

I never had an issue using mod launcher with this game, and I use mod launcher to use the HDHQ texture pack, because it's freaking sick! I love it. Paired with this mod, it's just fantastic. Though come to think of it, I did install darkness falls manually into the hdhq clone of 7d2d instead of using the mod launcher to get it in.

TEMP FIX IN THE MEANTIME?

If the joining player is already bugged, what exactly can I do to restore that player? Is there a way to get that player back in without losing levels or items? I assume there isn't without reverting to older files? Or maybe this question is irrelevant now cause it seems you are close to a fix anyways =-)

I'll be sure to take notes on what my nre's are for you in the future.

Oh for the most part I am playing it as intended. I just changed the vehicles to have a higher hop force, and zombies to have low mass so they do crazy fun ragdolls. Everyone who doesn't play this way is missing out imo lol.

@KhaineGB

I never had an issue using mod launcher with this game, and I use mod launcher to use the HDHQ texture pack, because it's freaking sick! I love it. Paired with this mod, it's just fantastic. Though come to think of it, I did install darkness falls manually into the hdhq clone of 7d2d instead of using the mod launcher to get it in.

TEMP FIX IN THE MEANTIME?

If the joining player is already bugged, what exactly can I do to restore that player? Is there a way to get that player back in without losing levels or items? I assume there isn't without reverting to older files? Or maybe this question is irrelevant now cause it seems you are close to a fix anyways =-)

I'll be sure to take notes on what my nre's are for you in the future.

Only fix is to delete the player profile from what i'm seeing server admins saying.

Ok I did more testing to figure out this custom xml thing- they were working the whole time- I just didn't test enough (or test vehicles at all since I started a new game).

The ragdolls that consider mass are either just more rare in your mod- or it's something that doesn't happen much until higher level in str, perception and using better weapons then the starting ones (which is probably what it is). Sorry for wasting your time, and I anxiously await the fixed multiplayer version so I can really dive deep into this mod.

(oh and that fix makes them have to start over from lvl 1 I imagine?)

*okay thanks for the info- will hang tight*

Edited by zombo (see edit history)

I'd like to play this mod but also am playing another vanilla game on my rented server. Can I play this single player locally without messing up my client where I cannot play on my server?

I'm fairly certain I could do it by backing up and restoring but would prefer not to have to backup, install, restore, etc. each time I want to play the other game.

I'd like to play this mod but also am playing another vanilla game on my rented server. Can I play this single player locally without messing up my client where I cannot play on my server?

I'm fairly certain I could do it by backing up and restoring but would prefer not to have to backup, install, restore, etc. each time I want to play the other game.

You could just use the 7d2d mod launcher that makes a copy of the game and install the mod in that :)

Hey, Khaine, love your mod. Congrats for the amazing job Can you insert some of the new playable vehicles from others modders to yours? It would be awesome!

Give me a reason beyond just wanting more vehicles and I'll consider it.

How do I get that tester version or is the fixed version almost out to the general public? I am dying to play this =).

Join the discord.