Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

It's mostly just extra vehicles for looting, fixing a few issues with the custom vehicles and single-player games start with 2 class books instead of 1. :)

So nothing major.

This is the best mod I've played(>2000 hours, started alpha 11).

Few problems:

1. Where is spawn Scientist zombie, Scifi Locker? I need researchNotes for craft futureTechBook. Maybe you should add scrap MasteryBook to get a researchNotes? I found only 2 bunkers(7 researchNotes) in the burnt biome although I have level 206 and 113 days.

2. How can i get a Roadhog bag? Disassembling any cars does not give it and did not find it in the loot file.

3. M4A1 and AR15 is very OP damage with 9mm ammo and scope on it has a greater range. For this damage they should use 7.62 ammo.

4. The cost of crafting energyCell is large(10 electronicParts and 1 enriched uranium for 1 shot???). Tested with the admin panel-I can not craft a laser workbench.

5. Maybe you should change the noise level of all laser weapons (from 50 meters to 7)?

6. hoeScrap does not fertilize the ground. With an hoeIron everything is fine. Or is it like a laser multitool and a titanium block?

7. Laser multitool has an error: when I click on it with the left mouse button in my backpack, the image of the backpack disappears.

8. The bullet from P225 flies above the aiming point by the right mouse button.

Sorry for my English-it's google translator :-)

Few problems:

1. Where is spawn Scientist zombie, Scifi Locker? I need researchNotes for craft futureTechBook. Maybe you should add scrap MasteryBook to get a researchNotes? I found only 2 bunkers(7 researchNotes) in the burnt biome although I have level 206 and 113 days.

2. How can i get a Roadhog bag? Disassembling any cars does not give it and did not find it in the loot file.

3. M4A1 and AR15 is very OP damage with 9mm ammo and scope on it has a greater range. For this damage they should use 7.62 ammo.

4. The cost of crafting energyCell is large(10 electronicParts and 1 enriched uranium for 1 shot???). Tested with the admin panel-I can not craft a laser workbench.

5. Maybe you should change the noise level of all laser weapons (from 50 meters to 7)?

6. hoeScrap does not fertilize the ground. With an hoeIron everything is fine. Or is it like a laser multitool and a titanium block?

7. Laser multitool has an error: when I click on it with the left mouse button in my backpack, the image of the backpack disappears.

To: Answer 1: Check military camps, I find them often in the ones with 2 tents that are out in the wilderness, and less often in the small bases with like 4 tents. I just ran into one on day 2 on 90 min days game I started recently, thankfully I bought that 580 qual sledgehammer at the trader or else i'd have been in some real trouble.

You've gotten alot farther in the mod than I have, but I agree with number 3: those guns are way to strong for the ammo-type they use, to the point I literally refuse to use them as they are op as hell.

6: hoeScrap doesn't fertilize the ground with fertilizer, this is intended you need the Iron Hoe to do it. It even says right on it that the scrap hoe won't allow you to use fertilizer to increase crop yeilds more.

To: Answer 1: Check military camps, I find them often in the ones with 2 tents that are out in the wilderness, and less often in the small bases with like 4 tents. I just ran into one on day 2 on 90 min days game I started recently, thankfully I bought that 580 qual sledgehammer at the trader or else i'd have been in some real trouble.

You've gotten alot farther in the mod than I have, but I agree with number 3: those guns are way to strong for the ammo-type they use, to the point I literally refuse to use them as they are op as hell.

6: hoeScrap doesn't fertilize the ground with fertilizer, this is intended you need the Iron Hoe to do it. It even says right on it that the scrap hoe won't allow you to use fertilizer to increase crop yeilds more.

Yes, 6 point is my mistake and I can not read the description of the scrap hoe :(

I need this scientist(from loot.xml):

<!-- Scientist zombie loot-->

<lootcontainer id="121" count="1,2" size="4,3" destroy_on_close="false" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item group="clothes" prob="1.9"/>

<item name="scifiAIOT" count="1" prob="0.1"/>

<item name="KeycardGreen" count="1" prob="0.5"/>

<item name="KeycardBlue" count="1" prob="0.3"/>

<item name="researchNotes" count="1" prob="0.3"/>

<item name="gunLaserPistol" count="1" prob="0.1"/>

</lootcontainer>

If this is what you are talking about, then I killed them enough and the loot was just clothes. I used to think it was another scientist. But if this is the one, then for all the time I have not received reseachnotes from him-forever bad luck.

Few problems:

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy. :)

1) Military camps. Anywhere a military zombie can spawn, so can a scientist.

2) Look for the "duffle bag" loot container. Wrench it. :)

3) AR-15 is actually less than an AK-47. I think the M4A1 is either the same or slightly more.

4) Was supposed to be 10, not 1. Whoops! Will fix it.

5) Will look into this since I'm re-balancing sound.

6) Intended. ;)

7) Reported issue, but I literally cannot reproduce it locally so I have no idea why it's doing it.

8) Sort-of known issue. It's a pain to line up guns in 7DTD so that's about the best I could do with. I can enable the crosshair for aiming though which will help.

3) AR-15 is actually less than an AK-47. I think the M4A1 is either the same or slightly more.

6) Intended. ;)

7) Reported issue, but I literally cannot reproduce it locally so I have no idea why it's doing it.

8) Sort-of known issue. It's a pain to line up guns in 7DTD so that's about the best I could do with. I can enable the crosshair for aiming though which will help.

About 8 yeah its funny, the crossbow and bow always shoot to the same spot, bow is near the bottom of the crosshair, xbow is the lower right corner. They never have fixed it (TFP I mean). I'd understand if it had accuarcy variance, but it always goes to the same spot every shot.

Also the male research zombie needs fixing, he has no hitbox for his head, so you cannot headshot it.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I think I see your problem.

They have to be planted within 2 blocks of a WATER BLOCK. The code check is this.

for (var x = -2; x <= 2; x++)
   {
     for (var z = -2; z <= 2; z++)
     {
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 0, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, -1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
     }
   }

Is this still the check for water? A server I play on is having plants disappear on fertilized farmland, and I've been trying to figure out why. Our current setup is dirt over a layer of water.

I'm not clear from the code if you're checking the Y axis. X & Z are obvious from the for loops, but I don't know the syntax of Vector3i() so I'm not certain...is the 0, -1, and 1 check for water at the same level, one block lower, and one block higher? If that's the case then our setup should work. If not, does the water just need to be on the same elevation and within 2 blocks?

6) Intended. ;)

The problem with the laser multitool bug appears when it is partially broken. I solved it like this:

<item id="2993" name="energyCell">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="oilpump" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="A83418"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="energyCellDesc"/>

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/Bows/WoodenBow/Arrow"/>

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#FutureTech?EnergyCell"/>

<property name="HandMeshfile" value="#FutureTech?EnergyCell"/>

<property name="Material" value="metal"/>

<property name="HoldType" value="21"/>

<property name="Stacknumber" value="500"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftFutureTech"/>

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="450"/>

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons"/>

<property name="RepairTime" value="2"/>

<property name="RepairAmount" value="2500"/>

</item>

Once it is tied with energyCell for repair. I added 2 last lines(items.xml), but the values for the cost of repair and time can be edited.

Is this still the check for water? A server I play on is having plants disappear on fertilized farmland, and I've been trying to figure out why. Our current setup is dirt over a layer of water.

I'm not clear from the code if you're checking the Y axis. X & Z are obvious from the for loops, but I don't know the syntax of Vector3i() so I'm not certain...is the 0, -1, and 1 check for water at the same level, one block lower, and one block higher? If that's the case then our setup should work. If not, does the water just need to be on the same elevation and within 2 blocks?

That's still the right code, yes. So why it's not working I have no idea. :D Stompy did that for me and said it should check 2 blocks in all directions (including above and below)

Worse case, I find a 5x5 grid with 1 block of water in the middle works fine.

The problem with the laser multitool bug appears when it is partially broken. I solved it like this:

<item id="2993" name="energyCell">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="oilpump" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="A83418"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="energyCellDesc"/>

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/Bows/WoodenBow/Arrow"/>

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#FutureTech?EnergyCell"/>

<property name="HandMeshfile" value="#FutureTech?EnergyCell"/>

<property name="Material" value="metal"/>

<property name="HoldType" value="21"/>

<property name="Stacknumber" value="500"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftFutureTech"/>

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="450"/>

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons"/>

<property name="RepairTime" value="2"/>

<property name="RepairAmount" value="2500"/>

</item>

Once it is tied with energyCell for repair. I added 2 last lines(items.xml), but the values for the cost of repair and time can be edited.

Huh. This is why a second pair of eyes are good. Thank you very much :) I'll make sure that goes into the next version of the mod.

So I made a Farm right, it looks like this:

w=water d=dirt b=wood block

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

bwddwddwddwddwddwddwddwddwb

till 30 rows down.

The issue I am having is, some places on it cannot seem to hold seeds (or any plant/tree for that matter i've tried with both), like second I plant on the spot it explodes and either turns back into a seed or disappears. Not even the grass from forest ground can grow on these spots, it explodes and poofs second it grows. Any idea whats causing this?

Also am I the only one who never takes scrap tools, and just waits till level 30 to get iron? I usually pick Civilian as my 1st class, as I like the bonus skill points they help alot early game.

Edit: Added a picture, the 2 green spots as well as the one right smack in front of my character for some reason is unable to hold a plant at all, second I put it there it has a 50/50 chance of poofing or turning back into a seed. It seems to be random.

1313309690_7DaysToDie2018-11-09.thumb.jpg.7590a804dcbfb02feed520c3eb9374e2.jpg

So I made a Farm right, it looks like this:

w=water d=dirt b=wood block

till 30 rows down.

The issue I am having is, some places on it cannot seem to hold seeds (or any plant/tree for that matter i've tried with both), like second I plant on the spot it explodes and either turns back into a seed or disappears. Not even the grass from forest ground can grow on these spots, it explodes and poofs second it grows. Any idea whats causing this?

Also am I the only one who never takes scrap tools, and just waits till level 30 to get iron? I usually pick Civilian as my 1st class, as I like the bonus skill points they help alot early game.

Edit: Added a picture, the 2 green spots as well as the one right smack in front of my character for some reason is unable to hold a plant at all, second I put it there it has a 50/50 chance of poofing or turning back into a seed. It seems to be random.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25331[/ATTACH]

I do not understand what is happening with your game client. As I have: if you plant seeds without water on the ground treated with a hoe, then the neighboring ones disappear. But you can plant diagonally in a checkerboard pattern. If there is water at a distance of 2 blocks (3 are already breaking), then everything is fine. As an example

seeds.jpg.77f6043878269d599056786d6d624753.jpg

Yeah I have no idea whats going on either, there are just some spots where the plants just won't stick/plant, yet other spots right beside them as you can see in my image I put there are perfectly fine.

Like this is what happens when I try to plant on that spot, notice how the plant like falls off and slides down the side? 46197761_7DaysToDie2018-11-0920-57-30.thumb.jpg.71296adc2a88add7cb4a830fcca60db5.jpg

V1.8.4B is on GitHub and the launcher! Have fun!

• 2 class books granted in a single player world.
  • Auto Coil Turret added. Uses 7.62mm coilrounds.
  • Auto Turret should be able to use 9mm Hollow Point rounds in addition to normal rounds.
  • Added gun sounds from earlier Alphas (Pistol, AK-47 and SMG) to the P225, M4A1 and Coilcarbine.
  • Muscle car spawn rates adjusted.
  • Damaged variants of the muscle cars and ambulance added.
  • Added gas cans as something you can "harvest" from muscle cars and the ambulance. (they were supposed to have this, but I forgot)
  • V8 engine changed to use the most fuel (more than the small engine)
  • New lootable vehicles added! All have at least 2 damage stages. (Police Car, Taxi, School Bus, Mail Truck, Fire Engine, Garbage Truck, Military APC, Military Scout, Military Truck)
  • All of the above vehicles have unique loot lists, to a certain extent. (taxi and motorbike use generic car lists)
  • All new vehicles have a chance to drop the new parts for the car and roadhog when harvested.
  • Fixed a bug on the Radiated Zombie Policeman loot list.
  • Vehicle code updated so the car can destroy blocks without needing to use EntityCustomLoader, so the red text is gone. BEGONE RED TEXT!
  • Custom icons added to the Roadhog and Car UI windows, compass and map.
  • Changed the size of the inventory slots on the car so they fit on the screen better.
  • Changed the size of the car stats bar (where you refuel) so it lines up with the inventory.
  • Changed the size of the roadhog stats bar (where you refuel) so it lines up with the inventory.
  • Finally fixed the UI for the input slots on the Big Forge and Advanced Forge so it's not too big anymore.
  • Inventory issue fixed on all custom vehicles.
  • New buttons for the backpack and the vehicle storage: Stash All, Take All, Drop All. (Stash All has a variant option that ignores the TOP row of the backpack)
  • All vehicles now have custom inventory sizes and have been tweaked... see the next list.

Vehicle inventory size list.

• Minibike is 25 slot inventory. It is the slowest vehicle and cannot run over zombies OR destroy blocks.
  • Roadhog has a 45 slot inventory. It is the fastest vehicle, can run over zombies but CANNOT destroy blocks.
  • Armoured Car has a 80 slot inventory. It is faster than the minibike, but slower than the roadhog, can run over zombies and can destroy blocks (like trash bags and cinder blocks)

Restart not required, but new cars will only spawn in unexplored areas, so bear that in mind. The inventory size adjustment won't properly take effect until you disassemble your vehicle and rebuild it. Any items in "hidden" inventory slots (which will happen with the minibike) are still there and will go to your inventory when you take the basket out. So make sure you empty your bike as much as possible, then your inventory and take it apart to get any remaining items.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

No idea what's happening there... it's been working fine for me.

I'll double check a few things, but I personally just use a 5x5 grid with 1 block of water in the middle and never had a problem.

Yeah I tried that but the lower right corner plant wouldn't stick, it'd fall off, until I put a block of dirt beside it, then removed it, and it seems to have stuck, unsure if it'll stay that way after I have to replant it.

Also how does one get a second class book if your continue from a old game? Like the one that you get from single player? I'm on day 15 90 min days and still don't got enough skill papers to make a second class manual, so I kinda want this lol.

I may just start a new game actually. Since it spawns in new stuff, and I've explore a fair amount so i'd have to go like 5 km out from my base for the new stuff to spawn. Now I gotta decide what second class to take, I usually take Civilian first, as those skill points are useful early game, lets me max weapon/tool craft very early. then need lv 30 to lv them to 5.

Khaine, did you notice the issue I posted at https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsServerBBM45/issues/1 ?

I've run the mod up to 1.8.3 successfully on a server, but beginning with 1.8.4 (and also 1.8.4B) it fails during startup with some repeating error (see issue for details).

Is that a known problem?

Any hints on how to avoid that or things to try?

I'm not the mod creator nor did I work on it, but did you by any chance modify anything in either of the xui directories? or using another modified dll for example? As I tried to use simple UI with Darkness Falls for a bigger backpack and i'd get a init error at launch due to custom codeing the .dll in Darkness Falls has that is not present in the vanilla dll so it errors out. If you've edited the xui's, or used a diffrent assembly_csharp.dll that could be causing it.

Thats my stab at the issue anyway.

I'm not the mod creator nor did I work on it, but did you by any chance modify anything in either of the xui directories? or using another modified dll for example? As I tried to use simple UI with Darkness Falls for a bigger backpack and i'd get a init error at launch due to custom codeing the .dll in Darkness Falls has that is not present in the vanilla dll so it errors out. If you've edited the xui's, or used a diffrent assembly_csharp.dll that could be causing it.

Thats my stab at the issue anyway.

Thanks for that comment Siveria.

I'm using just the plain vanilla mod (as cloned from github), so no customizations from my side there.

Hello! After the last update in the moped reduced storage to 25 cells. I want to ask him TO even increase. Or tell me how I can do it myself. Wasn't enough, now VERY little. With that volume, it's a waste of time and gasoline. The rest very much. And by the way, I have 24 cages in my mini-bike right now. Very sad.

Khaine is there any chance of releasing a version that doesn't use the custom vehicle code please?

Give me a good reason why, because I really don't want to maintain ANOTHER code base. :p (and I'd need 1 for single player and 1 for servers)

Khaine, did you notice the issue I posted at https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsServerBBM45/issues/1 ?

I've run the mod up to 1.8.3 successfully on a server, but beginning with 1.8.4 (and also 1.8.4B) it fails during startup with some repeating error (see issue for details).

Is that a known problem?

Any hints on how to avoid that or things to try?

No, I hadn't seen that error. However that NRE seems to be related to power issues... and I have absolutely no idea how or why you're getting it because the ONLY thing I've messed around with on the power side is the new turret (which went into 1.8.4B). The build is/was running fine for me on my server.

I say is/was because I had the great idea of formatting it to install windows.... but it was running fine on a Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Hello! After the last update in the moped reduced storage to 25 cells. I want to ask him TO even increase. Or tell me how I can do it myself. Wasn't enough, now VERY little. With that volume, it's a waste of time and gasoline. The rest very much. And by the way, I have 24 cages in my mini-bike right now. Very sad.

No. I'm not going to increase it.

The roadhog is 45 slot. The car is 80 slot. It's called a "Progression system."

Increasing it is in windows.xml (which I don't recommend messing with) or XUi (try swapping <window name="windowVehicleStorage" /> for either <window name="VehicleRoadhogStorage" /> (45 slot, same as minibike before this update) or <window name="VehicleCarStorage" /> (80 slot).

However you would be defeating the point of the progression system I have put in place AND the current minibike storage is still larger than vanilla values.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Khaine, a little bit of my thinking.

1. Coil turret does not require the skill of turrets to create.

2. I just can not understand the creation of a laser workbench. It is created in the laser workbench itself. And how to loot it or is it installed somewhere? Can you create it in lathe? ;-)

3. I tried to understand the gamestages.xml file, but my brain exploded. My vision is this: with 112 nights, dangerous zombies from BaseBreakersNoBears disappeared. If I understand correctly, these are the ones that have smoke like an airdrop. Radioactive, fiery zombies are weak and not dangerous, they have no long-range attack and do not explode. But succubus, demons, Behemoth are present. Can you add this spawn BaseBreakers to every next horde?

4. What do bunkers look like that open red and blue cards(or what prefab for them?)? The same water wells as the green cards? And there is no spawn zombies in them, but it would be good. And the first door after the descent is open. I think it's wrong.

Khaine, a little bit of my thinking.

1. Coil turret does not require the skill of turrets to create.

2. I just can not understand the creation of a laser workbench. It is created in the laser workbench itself. And how to loot it or is it installed somewhere? Can you create it in lathe? ;-)

3. I tried to understand the gamestages.xml file, but my brain exploded. My vision is this: with 112 nights, dangerous zombies from BaseBreakersNoBears disappeared. If I understand correctly, these are the ones that have smoke like an airdrop. Radioactive, fiery zombies are weak and not dangerous, they have no long-range attack and do not explode. But succubus, demons, Behemoth are present. Can you add this spawn BaseBreakers to every next horde?

4. What do bunkers look like that open red and blue cards(or what prefab for them?)? The same water wells as the green cards? And there is no spawn zombies in them, but it would be good. And the first door after the descent is open. I think it's wrong.

1) That was an oversight on my part cos I'm kinda dumb. ;)

2) You need to find the big bunker in the wasteland to create a laser workbench (it has a working laser workbench and fusion forge).

3) Welcome to my world. ;) The problem is that telling me you had 112 nights doesn't tell me what gamestage you were at, so I can't easily do that. Also the fire zombies DO have ranged attacks... which they don't always use for some reason. It does a lot of block damage and not much player damage (which is intended). I think a better alternative might be to change how difficulty settings adjust the gamestage... something to look into for sure.

4) That's the wasteland one. Look for an army camp. The well door being open is intended so folks have a way to get more keycards fairly easily... and they do spawn zombies. Just not all of the time for some reason because apparently the sleeper system hates me.

I am worried about the wasteland how balanced are the bandits guns? I am worried because those npcs guarding the traders seem to have infinite ammo and never seem to ever need to reload, not to mention they are super accurite like a aimbot. They also seem to hit like trucks. I've actually gotten killed by said trader guards in earlier games when I first started the mod to try it as they don't check if a player is in the way before they shoot. Either that or I got clipped by stray shots, needless to say I died before I even knew wth hit me.

That's the problem... they will straight up aim and shoot you. Most people tend to only encounter pistol bandits though.

Basically it's not wise to go there without some armour and at least a minibike so you can just drive straight past them.

And yes, trader guards have infinite ammo intentionally, because people were complaining when they didn't.