Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Is there a way to remove this gore blocks? I know that intent is for horde nights that zombies piles up over walls or obstacles, but its really annoying on the average day and weird looking during the looting and those big piles in the world.

On the horde nights you can always build your defenses in a way these gore blocks just drops and breaks.

Otherwise awesome job with the modpack. It is what A17 suppose to be for my taste.

Ok, first up, I'm not removing the gore blocks. They exist for zombies to climb on during horde nights and for the player to have a way to get more bones.

However, you should just be able to edit the XML. It's entity classes, and you're looking for this.

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="terrGore"/>
<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

You can either remove it or just change the chance to 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you just add Manux's vehicle modlet?

I'd actually say just do this. I'll have to check and make sure the modlet doesn't edit something that doesn't exist.

If people tell me what modlets they want, I can check for compatibility and build a list. However, as stated in the discord, I won't be providing support for versions of Darkness Falls modfieid by modlet because it changes too many variables.

Good day KhaineGB,

Been a while .. glad to see you finally got the Mod up and running for A17 ..

I see there are a few bug's in it after watching .. Games4Kickz got a GIANT Arrow.

And thank you on leaving a way to get rid of Gore Blocks .. That will have to go for me .. never liked them in any of the games.

Thank you again .. Have Fun and Enjoy the weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

The gore block thing I'm looking at possibly doing a custom DLL patch for so I can have them naturally "expire" after a certain length of time, but I make no promises on that.

The arrow thing is a bug with custom models like the Hornet and Behemoth. It's because of the new sticky arrows... and it annoys me. :D

Give me a reason beyond just wanting more vehicles and I'll consider it.

1) Manux's Quad bike and 'antler-handlebars' 'HellGoat' bikes seem to be better suited to actual rough road (everything post-apocalyptic) than the 'cowcatcher' front ends on the built-in motorcycle and 4x4 truck. At least the Quad and 'Hell Goat' bike should be able to drive over bridges without scraping their nose on them. Makes me wish the 'cow catcher' front end was optional for the built-in motorcycle and 4x4. (Though the 'Beast' 4x4 looks like it DOES have this problem.)

2) The little bubble car in Manux's modlet is just so awesomely redonkulous in a zombie game! Pleeeease???

3) I would love to see someone's MOD for an electric 4x4 Power Wheels toy car in this overhaul. Needs to be able to use up to 6 car batteries, have a max speed potential of 90 MPH with perfect parts, and be as fragile as a Ming Vase. Because insanity rules the mad kingdom.

4) Manux's Human-powered Gyrocopter? Flight AND a workout at the same time? Who could say no to that? (OK, maybe a bit redundant...)

5) And Manux's Monster Beetle just seems like too much fun!

1) Manux's Quad bike and 'antler-handlebars' 'HellGoat' bikes seem to be better suited to actual rough road (everything post-apocalyptic) than the 'cowcatcher' front ends on the built-in motorcycle and 4x4 truck. At least the Quad and 'Hell Goat' bike should be able to drive over bridges without scraping their nose on them. Makes me wish the 'cow catcher' front end was optional for the built-in motorcycle and 4x4. (Though the 'Beast' 4x4 looks like it DOES have this problem.)

2) The little bubble car in Manux's modlet is just so awesomely redonkulous in a zombie game! Pleeeease???

3) I would love to see someone's MOD for an electric 4x4 Power Wheels toy car in this overhaul. Needs to be able to use up to 6 car batteries, have a max speed potential of 90 MPH with perfect parts, and be as fragile as a Ming Vase. Because insanity rules the mad kingdom.

4) Manux's Human-powered Gyrocopter? Flight AND a workout at the same time? Who could say no to that? (OK, maybe a bit redundant...)

5) And Manux's Monster Beetle just seems like too much fun!

Honestly? That modelt might just work without me having to add it.

I'll have a look at it later.

Can't launch new game

I just installed this mod using the mod launcher, running 17.1. When I try to start a new game I get the following error "Unable to open archive file c:/7D2D/Alpha17/Darkness_Falls/7DaystoDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/workstations.unity3d"

I checked that folder and that file does not exist there. Any idea what i'm doing wrong? I've deleted all mods, wiped the mod folder and tried installing it several times including pre-synccing the mod but I'm getting the same error. Screenshot attached with errors as well

Error7D.jpg.7444d3c2c74499645a4756bfc8ef47cf.jpg

I just installed this mod using the mod launcher, running 17.1. When I try to start a new game I get the following error "Unable to open archive file c:/7D2D/Alpha17/Darkness_Falls/7DaystoDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/workstations.unity3d"

I checked that folder and that file does not exist there. Any idea what i'm doing wrong? I've deleted all mods, wiped the mod folder and tried installing it several times including pre-synccing the mod but I'm getting the same error. Screenshot attached with errors as well

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27353[/ATTACH]

Can you click on the Log Files button, and then click on Upload Log file? Then send me the pastebin.com link to take a look.

Important notice.

There is currently a bug within the mod where, if you complete a class quest that grants clothes (usually your first quest) while wearing clothes, it causes an NRE.

Workaround: Get nekkid.

Fix has been tested and I am working on applying that to all class quests.

Loving the mod! Thanks for the hard work! One issue I have is that I bought a "Bikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s" book from the trader but after I got it I cannot read it. What are the requirements to read?

Another question - what is the base number of slots open?

Loving the mod! Thanks for the hard work! One issue I have is that I bought a "Bikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s" book from the trader but after I got it I cannot read it. What are the requirements to read?

Another question - what is the base number of slots open?

If you mean backpack slots, it's 30 :) And Zombo answered the book question. I'm thinking of adding that to localization so folks know.

I would like to report a bug with Chicken Coops. I made some chicken coops with my farmer quest. So coops spawns in a nest I pick some feathers and an egg. Than I destroy the coop ( didn't get any meat ) and w8 for the next nest. In mean while I build 2 more coops.

So when the nest spawns I loot and istead of feathers and eggs I get pistol parts and some 9 mm ammo? I guess that is not intended? :)

I would like to report a bug with Chicken Coops. I made some chicken coops with my farmer quest. So coops spawns in a nest I pick some feathers and an egg. Than I destroy the coop ( didn't get any meat ) and w8 for the next nest. In mean while I build 2 more coops.

So when the nest spawns I loot and istead of feathers and eggs I get pistol parts and some 9 mm ammo? I guess that is not intended? :)

Already fixed it in the test build.

Yeah, I had the wrong loot list. ;) Animal snare has the same problem too.

Something I stumbled upon. I'm playing a laborer/scientist, and during the laborer quest chain (3rd part of 6 i think), I leveled from a zombie kill and put a point into hammer and forge. This made it Hammer and Forge 2/5 before the quest line finished. Now that I finished the quest, levels 3-5 are redded out and disabled "due to status effect." I should have read more about the quest lines here before trying to rush iron tools, but just thought I'd let anyone else know.

TL;DR - Finish your class quest line before putting points into your class perks.

Something I stumbled upon. I'm playing a laborer/scientist, and during the laborer quest chain (3rd part of 6 i think), I leveled from a zombie kill and put a point into hammer and forge. This made it Hammer and Forge 2/5 before the quest line finished. Now that I finished the quest, levels 3-5 are redded out and disabled "due to status effect." I should have read more about the quest lines here before trying to rush iron tools, but just thought I'd let anyone else know.

TL;DR - Finish your class quest line before putting points into your class perks.

This also happens if you find a mastery book for a class you didn't take. After reading the book it will say 0 and be redded out.

Good Day KhaineGB

I'm sitting here Playing and getting ready for the Horde night 7 …… AND …… SOMETHING Came to mind and I didn't notice anything in the Notes; DO WE Still have Wireless junction boxes and connection .. OR .. is it coming still … OH Please say we will _ if not yet.

Something I hated about Vanilla .. seeing all those wires.

Have a Great weekend and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity: