Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

This mod is brutal lol. I had 5 ferals chasing me by mid day, day 1. Fun times :D

Been trying to added dismemberment "Head Pop" chance to your archery skill. But the description is a little funky and I am trying to add it as a base amount like 1-20% from level 1 to 100. Mostly because I don't see any other way to get it on bow in your other perks since headshot was taken out.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/509882394187399178/536398117478858763/unknown.png

Also guessing that none of the 4K texture upgrades works with this mod as of now? (I know it's test :) )

Headshot damage is part of the perception attribute now, but you start getting it at level 6.

But you'd add it like this.

<effect_group>
		<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkArchery"/>
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value="0.01,0.20" level="1,100" tags="head"/>
	</effect_group>

4k texture pack SHOULD work as long as you get the version that only modifies the resources.assets folder. If you get the one that modifies the biomes file with new trees, that might cause a problem. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Headshot damage is part of the perception attribute now, but you start getting it at level 6.

But you'd add it like this.

<effect_group>
		<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkArchery"/>
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value="0.01,0.20" level="1,100" tags="head"/>
	</effect_group>

4k texture pack SHOULD work as long as you get the version that only modifies the resources.assets folder. If you get the one that modifies the biomes file with new trees, that might cause a problem. :)

Awesome, thanks!

Sorry another question. Is it intentional that you start taking damage as soon as you enter the water? I start taking damage immediately after submerging and continue to take damage even when I hit the surface for a few seconds.

Sorry another question. Is it intentional that you start taking damage as soon as you enter the water? I start taking damage immediately after submerging and continue to take damage even when I hit the surface for a few seconds.

Nope. It's not. I need to look into that

You are gaining benefits from your skills levelling up. It's just a display bug from the fact we've had to use cvars to get the action skills back in.

As for the quest, no idea. I need an error or something so I can track it down. It's working fine for me.

The mod is still in testing.

Yes you probably could add modlets to it, but my stance is DO NOT install any modlets onto the mod. Sphereii is going to allow us an option to have a curated list of modlets that are either confirmed working or recommended.

Once the mod is actually done and released, I'll look into doing that. However I will not be offering any support for any versions of the mod that have been modified with modlets.

Thanks for this but found 2 more things: advanced forge and the sink are not working. crafted them both, installed them and could not use them. Tried to get them from the crteative menu, they still didnt work. restrated the game, didnt work. can you check??

Seems like whatever controls the "Air capacity" is set too low. I start drowning as soon as I submerge lol. Guess im just too dumb to hold my breath :p

Also, seems like some of the new "Zombie/Mobs" have a weird clipping issue. Pretty much to the point that it makes it unplayable until I get away from it or it vanishes. So far the bee's and that weird ass lizard man at night.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/272896517055053824/536615474822250559/unknown.png

Looks like it due to the arrow "sticking"

Wish you had a discord to ask these LOL.

The skills like archery that level up on their own. So if Archery is level 10 on it's own by use, do I also need to use the 10 skill points to get the +% modifiers that it gives?

I only ask so I know where to spend my points, and I might want to increase either the amount of levels (level cap) or the amount of points per level. Maybe give an extra 5 SP every 10 levels.

I'd like to see full support for HDHQ textures\lighting\environment mod at some point, it sure looks amazing!

Hello, my dear,

congratulations for this mod

I have a dedicated server with 7 days to die installed in A17 B240 version with Darkness falls mode.

error occurs in loop on the server

Invalid Layer Index '1'

(filename: Line: 897)

also when you disconnect and want to connect to the server it doesn’t work.

there is an error when loading the player

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RequirementBase.ParamsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TargetedCompareRequirementBase.ParamsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CVarCompare.IsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.canRun (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single level, FastTags _tags, Int32 _multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single _level, FastTags _tags, Int32 multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionClass.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _ea, .ProgressionValue _pv, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Progression.ModifyValue (PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_val, System.Single& _perc_val, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionRanged.OnModificationsChanged (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionCatapult.OnModificationsChanged (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemAction.StartHolding (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionLauncher.StartHolding (.ItemActionData _actionData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClass.StartHolding (.ItemInventoryData _data, UnityEngine.Transform _modelTransform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.updateHoldingItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.SetItem (Int32 _idx, .ItemValue _itemValue, Int32 _count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.SetSlots (.ItemStack[] _slots) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.ToPlayer (.EntityPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.RequestToSpawnPlayer (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Int32 _chunkViewDim, .PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageRequestToSpawnPlayer.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I installed the right version of the mod server

Would you have a solution?

Hello,

nice job for this mods

I have a dedicated server with 7 days to die install version A17 b240 with the server version of mod.

I have a recurring error

Invalid Layer Index '1'

(Filename: Line: 897)

I also have a backup problem.

When a player tries to join and that already to play on the server it remains block to the creation of the player

an error message is in the logs

at RequirementBase.ParamsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TargetedCompareRequirementBase.ParamsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CVarCompare.IsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.canRun (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectGroup.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single level, FastTags _tags, Int32 _multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single _level, FastTags _tags, Int32 multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionClass.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _ea, .ProgressionValue _pv, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Progression.ModifyValue (PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_val, System.Single& _perc_val, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionRanged.OnModificationsChanged (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionCatapult.OnModificationsChanged (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemAction.StartHolding (.ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionLauncher.StartHolding (.ItemActionData _actionData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClass.StartHolding (.ItemInventoryData _data, UnityEngine.Transform _modelTransform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.SetItem (Int32 _idx, .ItemValue _itemValue, Int32 _count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.ToPlayer (.EntityPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.RequestToSpawnPlayer (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Int32 _chunkViewDim, .PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageRequestToSpawnPlayer.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

if I delete the backup the player can join.

It can also join when I restart the server for a few minutes

would you have a solution?

it's been three times since I put the server back to zero

Edited by olig93 (see edit history)

Hello,

nice job for this mods

I have a dedicated server with 7 days to die install version A17 b240 with the server version of mod.

I have a recurring error

Invalid Layer Index '1'

When a player tries to join and that already to play on the server it remains block to the creation of the player

Fire the line error issue does it list a file name? I had that when I adjusted a line in the progression file but forgot to add a " to it.

The creating player bug is a pain in the butt :( the only way I found to fix that was to find the persons player #/profile in the server files and delete it.

- - - Updated - - -

Found another bug... Some how I caused it to give me a level up on scavenging every single time I open something. A birds nest, a mail box, a trash bag and so on. Always skills up scavenging every single time. No idea how to reproduce it but it lasts through death and log out.

Fire the line error issue does it list a file name? I had that when I adjusted a line in the progression file but forgot to add a " to it.

there is no file name. the error is looping on the server. the log file exceeds 500 MB in 30 min of games

The creating player bug is a pain in the butt :( the only way I found to fix that was to find the persons player #/profile in the server files and delete it.

I found this solution the problem is that all player have issues at each connection eand get to restart

Try turning off steam networking? Or visa versa if it is off? Was a fix in experimental for the creating player thing.

we tried everything. we have deleted the client-side backup, we even tried to install new client-side mod. nothing works. the only solution is to delete the backups on the server.

Jesus christ folks. I went to watch a movie with the wife :p

Also it's bloody typical you all start posting issues when I was hoping to release it tomorrow.

And there is a discord. First page of the thread. If you aren't in there, you might be using the A17 version of the mod instead of A17.1, which means bugs being reported might not actually be bugs.

Also, seems like some of the new "Zombie/Mobs" have a weird clipping issue. Pretty much to the point that it makes it unplayable until I get away from it or it vanishes. So far the bee's and that weird ass lizard man at night.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/272896517055053824/536615474822250559/unknown.png

Looks like it due to the arrow "sticking"

Known issue with ANY custon SDX entity. Sphereii was going to look into it. I may just turn off sticky arrows tbh.

Wish you had a discord to ask these LOL.

The skills like archery that level up on their own. So if Archery is level 10 on it's own by use, do I also need to use the 10 skill points to get the +% modifiers that it gives?

I only ask so I know where to spend my points, and I might want to increase either the amount of levels (level cap) or the amount of points per level. Maybe give an extra 5 SP every 10 levels.

No you don't need to spend points.

Hello,

nice job for this mods

I have a recurring error

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Ignore the layer thing. I'm working on fixing it locally. Which basically means removing the trader guards for servers.

The other thing is related to cvars, which means the action skills. Pretty sure it's fixed in the A17.1 version as cvars are stored differently now.

- - - Updated - - -

Found another bug... Some how I caused it to give me a level up on scavenging every single time I open something. A birds nest, a mail box, a trash bag and so on. Always skills up scavenging every single time. No idea how to reproduce it but it lasts through death and log out.

Scavenging is a little iffy atm. I need to track it down more, but right now you can go for a while without getting any levels, then get a TON of them at once... and then it goes back to normal. No idea why so I'm tempted to ignore it for the moment until I can do more tweaking.

Athletics is levelling a little quickly as well, so I may just need to tweak XP numbers.

Ok just got this.... Opened a garbage truck and now I can't move, close the window or anything, have to hard shut the game down. It just spams that.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/248968069676924938/536721627778646026/unknown.png

- - - Updated - - -

I will confirm which version I have. I got the version of the launcher. So I apologize if that wasnt the most recent lol. They may want to put a disclaimer on it if so, unless there is and Im blind lol. It says 17 B240 :(

Right...

Fixed the drowing thing. The hold breath timer was linked to a perk that doesn't exist anymore, so I tied it to fortitude and now it's fine.

Fixed the trader thing, which was a pain and means I have to delete the guards for servers... but it fixed it.

Ignore the layer thing. I'm working on fixing it locally. Which basically means removing the trader guards for servers.

The other thing is related to cvars, which means the action skills. Pretty sure it's fixed in the A17.1 version as cvars are stored differently now.

I took the last version on the discord. I still have the same problem. players can not join because of their backup. the only way is to delete their backup at each connection

Found the server issue.

Now, it is going to be a MASSIVE pain to fix. So my plan is to still release today, but warn folks to stay on SP for now.

However, here's a workaround folks can try.

When logging out, make sure the player has an empty hotbar and is not holding any weapons/tools/etc. The reason is the server seems to be throwing an error on trying to initilize the cvars of a held weapon.

Mod is out! Be aware there are a few issues listed. Here's the changes.

- Progression HEAVILY edited. A lot of "normal" perks are now class perks.

- Action skills added! You can now level most things by doing! (thanks to Deceptive Pastry and his Action Skills modlet for the code to base this off!)

- Archery Perk removed. Benefits added to the Archery Action Skill.

- Run and Gun Perk removed. Benefits added to all firearms Action Skills.

- Deep Cuts Perk removed. Benefits added to the Bladed Weapons Action Skill.

- Stay Down Perk removed. Benefits added to the Blunt Weapons Action Skill.

- Lucky Looter Perk removed. Benefits added to the Scavenging Action Skill.

- Mother Lode perk removed. Benefits added to the Mining Action Skill.

- Rule 1: Cardio and Charging Bull removed. Benefits dded to the Athletics Action Skill.

- Pack Mule perk removed. You gain inventory slots from levelling STRENGTH.

- BOOM! Headshot perk removed. You gain headshot damage from levelling PERCEPTION.

- Daring Adventurer perk removed. Benefits added to the INTELLECT Attribute.

- Sexual Tyrannasaurs perk removed. Benefits added to the FORTITUDE Attribute.

- Parkour Perk removed. Benefits added to the AGILITY Attribute.

- Breath Hold duration is tied to the FORTITUDE Attribute.

- Schematics are back!

- Magazines that grant temp bonuses have been removed.

- Hornets replaced with the original model from A15, which I always intended to do.

- Boiled eggs, grilled meat, boiled meat, baked potatos and corn on the cob are no longer perk locked.

- Gun spawn probability lowered.

- Gun parts make their return!

- Pipe Pistol and Pipe Rifle added! Semi-easy to craft, easy to repair, cannot take mods but use standard ammo (with reduced damage/range vs normal pistols and rifles)

- Scrap tools rebalanced so they're better than stone but worse than iron.

- Clothes now grant backpack space. You need to max strength, wear the right clothes AND install an armor mod in order to unlock all 30 slots.

- Storage pocket armor mods now only work on chest and leg armor pieces.

- Class quests now grant "level up's" in your class attribute and any skill you need in order to progress.

- Watch added, survivalist class specific item.

- Basic Survival quest now 3 quests long (1st quest auto-completes to set the new perk attributes to level 1, then make a stone hammer and make a bedroll)

- "Decaying" zombies added. They never run, have feral eyes where possible and have half HP and XP of normal zombies.

- "Decaying" zombies added, in large numbers, to forest and desert spawn. The zombie apocalypse now has a LOT of zombies. (burnt and snow need new zombies still)

- "Decaying" version of rad zombies added (they work like the ones from A16)

- Included Mumpfy's alternate zombie textures for the weak zombies.

- Tires you find on the roads have a low chance of dropping Wheels for vehicles.

- Less "open/empty" containers in POI's.

- Wandering horde code from A16 added.

- 7 Day horde code from A16 added.

- Per zombie loot lists from A16 added.

- Zombie loot probabilities adjusted. See below for full details.

- Party size increased from 6 to 10.

- RWGmixer tweaks, wasteland now at the edges of the map, but you will still find some dotted around the map. (thanks to mjrice and The Wild Land mod for the code to base this off!)

- Plants Needing Water code updated. Now less buggy and checks for water up to 3 blocks away. However, water is now CONSUMED. Keep your farms topped up!

- Bucket of Water can be crafted at the campfire from an empty bucket and snowballs.

- 2 Legendary weapons added. They're suitably OP, cannot be sold and cannot be crafted.

- Compo pack added.

- 308's elevator mod has been added.

- 308's powered doors mod has been added

- Xyth's flag's mod added so you can make flags to mark buildings as looted.

Server-Version Only Changes.

- Players start with 1 class book, not two.

- Traders do not have guards.

Known issues.

- "Read" function doesn't work on some books. Put it in your toolbar and left click. Then it'll work.

- Food/Water don't display correctly. Anything over 100 doesn't seem to work, so bear that in mind.

- Coilsniper currently has the wrong icon, cos I'm lazy and haven't made a new one yet.

- SDX entities, like behemoths and the hornet, don't like being shot with arrows.