Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Regarding farming.

Barrels have to be put down, outside, preferably on dirt but concrete/asphalt/etc should also be fine. You have to completely leave them alone until you can't pick them up anymore.

THEN break the block. You get back the barrel + a bucket of water. Also, keep them away from your plants because the code for checking for water can cause problems with barrels and trees (hopefully this won't be an issue once A17 comes out as I've potentially got a better way of doing it).

Oil pumps are the same. Must be outside, on dirt, and then you just throw fuel in it and get oil out.

In THEORY.... yes and no.

I should be able to make the bodies stay longer, but I don't think I can stop them disappearing. I also don't know if I can have them turn back into gore blocks.

Sadly that's a "I need to see the code to answer properly" question and I can only make an educated guess. :)

Well I'm basing it off assumptions in A16. Right now, entities have this entry.

<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="4" />

The value is seconds. If I were to make a corpse stay for a DAY, then it'd have to be set to around 3600 (that's 1 in-game day if your days are 60 minutes) which I have a suspicion might be a bit too long.

I'm more likely to set it to 5-ish minutes instead so lag doesn't get insane (especially horde nights) but they'll despawn after a while. A LOT of AAA games have body clean up after X amount of time to reduce lag. :)

Heads up for folks. The 1.8.4 test build has been posted in the discord server!

Now, this massively alters the titanium minibike. I plan for this patch to go live on Monday, assuming no major issues. If you have a titanium minibike, please empty and disassemble it BEFORE then otherwise you could lose items/have NRE issues.

A restart will not be required for the update, provided you follow this advice. :)

V1.8.4 is on GitHub and the launcher! Have fun!

• Hornet sounds reduced by 5Db. (approx 25-30%)
  • Combat shotgun sounds reduced slightly and tweaked to reduce chances of them playing twice.
  • Green hornet is no longer aggressive unless attacked. (meant to do this ages ago)
  • Added new cars to loot. (with unique lists for disassembly)
  • New cars downgrade into frames. (also with adjusted disassembly lists)
  • Custom vehicle code added!
  • Roadhog bike now replaces the mechanic's titanium minibike.
  • Armoured Car added.
  • Rare book added to learn how to build the armoured car.
  • New icons added for the offroad tires (now called performance tires), titanium handlebars (now called roadhog handlebars), titanium minibike seat (now called roadhog seat) and the large engine.
  • Elevator code updated so it should work better. Also includes a larger elevator (Seemed a little buggy to me) for the new vehicles.
  • Chrysanthemum spawn increased in the forest biome.
  • Survivor spawn rate slightly decreased.
  • Swapped munitions boxes to use the loot helper system for greater variety of loot.
  • Tweaked max power of the battery bank and generator bank.

The one thing people always ask is "Do I need to restart my game for this?" and that's a tough one to answer this time. If you actually read the warning posted and disassembled your titanium minibike, you will be fine. If you DIDN'T do that, you're gonna have some NRE problems. So... in THEORY... no you don't need to restart. If you want to in order to get the new cars to loot, then that's fine but they should spawn in unexplored areas. :)

HUGE thanks to 308 for updating his elevator mod (with a larger elevator to fit vehicles), manux for his custom vehicle code, Dust2Death for his Roadhog AND helping me rig up my car model and JaxTeller718 for providing sounds for the Roadhog (also used on the car for now).

Known issue: You will get the following error on spawning the car.

[type=EntityCustomLoader, name=CarArmour, id=568] : Some bones could not be found for set 1. Custom Car will not be fully functionnal.

This is completely ignorable. It's just because EntityCustomLoader expects some extra bones that are not present. It does not effect the car or performance in any way, but allows it to destroy stuff you run over.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Patch is going to be delayed due to nasty NRE errors when running on a server.

Just wanted to give a heads up in-case anyone was waiting. :)

Thankfully in a17 everything is bascally mp so it should be easier for modders like yourself. I was about to start a game in darkness falls, but, if there is going to be a patch soon it might be better if I wait till after it. Don't wanna have to restart again after just starting.

Thankfully in a17 everything is bascally mp so it should be easier for modders like yourself. I was about to start a game in darkness falls, but, if there is going to be a patch soon it might be better if I wait till after it. Don't wanna have to restart again after just starting.

It's mostly just extra vehicles for looting, fixing a few issues with the custom vehicles and single-player games start with 2 class books instead of 1. :)

So nothing major.

It's mostly just extra vehicles for looting, fixing a few issues with the custom vehicles and single-player games start with 2 class books instead of 1. :)

So nothing major.

Ahh I think i'll wait till that patch hits. Be nice to have something to drive other than the minibike. Also there a ver with a even bigger backpack/minibike out there?

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)