Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Oh I see, I thought it was supposed to look like the a16 gore block, but everything's in order then, thanks :D

Oh I wish I could use that. There was a proper gore texture in the files from A14 but they removed it... which is a shame.

I'm going to play with textures later and see if I can find something more suitable. :)

I'm going to play with textures later and see if I can find something more suitable. :)
It's suitable enough, didn't mean to complain that it looks bad or anything just thought it was a bug that it wasn't the good ol' chopped up corpse I'm used to :D

The Mod Launcher will reset to "1" .. anytime you pre-sync the mod or use the Auto refresh .. This is the original way the mod (Darkness Falls) is loaded into the Launcher ..

I have the same issue .. Now .. I have just gotten into the habit of Pre-Sync first turn off Auto Refresh and going back in file using a desktop shortcut folder and resetting .. (yel .. a bit of a pain .. but I have gotten use to doing things like that to make games work for me like I like) … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: And setting it to "0" is not 100% guarantee that you will not get gore blocks all the time .. I still get them ONCE in a while and it depends on weapon you use sometimes. Just a Thought .. Have Fun and Enjoy

AHH! That's what's going on. Thanks for posting that useful tip!

Also question about mining progression under action skills.

Currently I have mining 100/100 and only 1st perk unlocked. I see there are 100 possible skills points to invest? Is that intended or it was suppose to work like in A16 100 progression points where 100 is max?

Okay, so the green numbers are the level you have. The problem is we have to use cvars to represent the levelling and the game considers that to be a temp bonus instead of a proper level unlock.

That's why you can still pay points, but you don't need to. :) You DO have level 100.

However, mining is currently bugged because I set the wrong tag. Fixed it last night and a friend tested to confirm it's working.

Hey I think I found another one - Advanced Forge not smelting - it doesn't suppose to use any fuel, but when loaded it doesn't do anything. I tried plugging it in with the generator, just in case, but it wont connect. So Probably a line in xml is missing that allows it towork without any fuel.

These blocks required some sort of power - generator specific to this mod for these machines to work before in A16.

22.thumb.jpg.e409139e3bef326878f198007ee4f85b.jpg

(I tried to search but didn't find anything, sorry if it was reported already)

Something's wrong when you try to craft the mortar and pestle in the forge. If the forge is off (and I have the resources needed) I can click 'craft' , but if I turn on the forge something weird is happening and I can't craft it anymore.

Yeah, I don't get why that is happening to be totally honest, but I've reproduced it locally.

For now, I'm turning off the ability to craft it in the advanced forge. That fixes the issue even though the advanced forge recipe should not be showing up in the normal forge.

Anyone have any answer for why I'm only at 37 open slots when at strength level 7?

One of the things I am loving about this mod is the lack of guns! It is so much more satisfying to find one when you don't find 14 of them on day 1! LOL - More gun parts but very few guns. Love it! I have a stack of 9 mm in my base waiting for a working pistol or SMG or one I can build!

I've only recently started looking into 7DTD customization and stumbled across this mod.

Having played the experimental version recently, it was like a reminder of the good old days when I launched the mod. Many things I liked better in A16 are in, which was great.

However, there's one thing I really appreciate about A17, and that's having more vehicles than the minibike.

Thus I was a bit dismayed to see this mod being back to minibike and nothing else.

Can somebody tell whether it's in the plans to add the new vehicles to this mod and, if so, whether there's an ETA?

I'm sure the answer can be found in this thread, but ... there's a lot of pages. ;)

So thanks in advance for any reply.

Anyone have any answer for why I'm only at 37 open slots when at strength level 7?

One of the things I am loving about this mod is the lack of guns! It is so much more satisfying to find one when you don't find 14 of them on day 1! LOL - More gun parts but very few guns. Love it! I have a stack of 9 mm in my base waiting for a working pistol or SMG or one I can build!

Yes.

I screwed up the code. ;)

I set it to unlock at 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. The problem is it ONLY unlocks slots at those levels. So you lose the extra slots at 3, 5, 7 and 9.

However this is now fixed and will be in tomorrows patch.

Also, you can build a pipe pistol for that 9mm and at least start working on your pistols skill, :)

How do I go about finding the stuff I need to make other classes? I do not know how to find/make the skill notes and haven't found one in game yet and on day 12.

Scrap books and schematics you don't need. I did try to put some quests in specifically for that, but they were SUPER broken, so I need to revisit that. :)

Aww man, the forum ate my (slightly) longer post about this topic, so I'll be more brief this time around:

TLDR: Great mod, any plans to add in the new A17 vehicles?

Thanks

The forum is evil. It feasts on posts and souls. ;)

No. I'm not planning to add Manu's vehicles. I don't see the point in adding more stuff just for the sake of it. You can make it work with some minor tweaks to the modlet XML though.

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought the "bikes for dummies" book and I can't read it. I can buy the perk but I can't read to unlock it. Cost me my last 1,000 dukes. How am I gonna feed my children now?

Did you try using it from your hotbar?

I... actually have no idea.

If you're only installing the part that replaces the tree models, textures, etc and doesn't mess with the biome files, then it shouldn't matter.

If you're installing all of HDHQ, including the parts that mess with the biome files, then I'd install DF first.

Put on the hotbar and left click.

The read shortcut doesn't work on items that use GainSkill for some reason. I have absolutely no idea why, but it does work from a left click.

I need to add that to book localization.

Just tried it and it worked. Thanks

No. I'm not planning to add Manu's vehicles. I don't see the point in adding more stuff just for the sake of it. You can make it work with some minor tweaks to the modlet XML though.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't quite get your point on how having a jeep to ride around with two people or a helicopter to fly versus just a minibike can be considered stuff added "just for the sake of it", but it is how it is.

Thanks again.