Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Think its about time for me to get back into 7dtd mods, anything I need to know about the a17.1 version of this mod? Also will my modlet to reduce the stupid encumbrance penalty still work? as I hate that crap from alpha 17, why give us bigger inv if your going to penalize us for using it.

P.s. u might wanna change some of the mod features descriptions if they don't match both versions. Getting 4 skills points per lv in a17 would be akward.

It's 1 point per level

Not sure about your modlet working with this or not.

What you need to know about the current version-

This mod currently is not working for multiplayer correctly unless you get the version on discord (though not sure if that version really fixed the problem yet or not, I haven't tried that version and haven't heard how well it's working on this thread yet).

If playing single player yer good to go now though, just don't shoot bees or behemoths with arrows lol. There is a few fixes for other problems coming too though, so maybe wait for that next official release like I am.

What little I've played, it's pretty fun though. It pairs well with the HDHQ mod too! Felt like a whole new game.

Something I stumbled upon. I'm playing a laborer/scientist, and during the laborer quest chain (3rd part of 6 i think), I leveled from a zombie kill and put a point into hammer and forge. This made it Hammer and Forge 2/5 before the quest line finished. Now that I finished the quest, levels 3-5 are redded out and disabled "due to status effect." I should have read more about the quest lines here before trying to rush iron tools, but just thought I'd let anyone else know.

TL;DR - Finish your class quest line before putting points into your class perks.

This also happens if you find a mastery book for a class you didn't take. After reading the book it will say 0 and be redded out.

Replying to both of you here.

So A17 doesn't check if you meet requirements or not when you unlock something via quest or book... and straight up unlocks it anyway. HOWEVER, I've done some testing and those skills will become unlocked once you meet the requirements. In the case of Hammer and Forge 3, that's finish your class quest and hit level 15.

Does it lock ALL levels though? I didn't test that so would appreciate feedback.

Good Day KhaineGB

I'm sitting here Playing and getting ready for the Horde night 7 …… AND …… SOMETHING Came to mind and I didn't notice anything in the Notes; DO WE Still have Wireless junction boxes and connection .. OR .. is it coming still … OH Please say we will _ if not yet.

Something I hated about Vanilla .. seeing all those wires.

Have a Great weekend and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Not in yet, because I wanted to get the main features of the mod into the game first, and then start bug hunting and squishing before adding in vanity items. :)

And this is the fix list SO FAR...

- Cvar tracking removed from weapons and transferred to buffs.

- Hunter and Survivalist quests changed to Gather Shiv instead of Craft Shiv to help with a rare NRE.

- Animal Snare and Chicken Coop now have the right loot lists.

- Butchering Tools had a max level of 1. Should have been 2.

- Bowl of Water can now be crafted in the campfire.

- Scavenging now works a little better. It also levels up from using the wrench to disassemble things.

- New food and drink items should show how much food and drink they give.

- Fixed the winchester rifle perk not unlocking the winchester rifle gun.

- Stone axe should now power attack.

- Removed time from the map because that was supposed to be a thing.

- Changed the FIRST class quest of every class to reward items in a different way to prevent NRE's.

- Hornet doesn't get a tomahawk missile stuck in it now.

- Increase amount of time between zombie corpse and gore block.

- Gore blocks now self destruct after a certain length of time so players don't need to mess with clean up after a horde.

- Clothing now shows how many backpack slots it unlocks.

- Potato seed changed to always_unlocked due to it sometimes not unlocking for some reason.

- Wheel's were missing a recipe, which has now been added and is mechanic-specific.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

These showed up after I replied, so apologies.

Think its about time for me to get back into 7dtd mods, anything I need to know about the a17.1 version of this mod? Also will my modlet to reduce the stupid encumbrance penalty still work? as I hate that crap from alpha 17, why give us bigger inv if your going to penalize us for using it.

P.s. u might wanna change some of the mod features descriptions if they don't match both versions. Getting 4 skills points per lv in a17 would be akward.

It might, but as per my earlier post and the notice on the first page, the use of modlets is UNSUPPORTED with Darkness Falls and I'll basically ignore any errors reported... with the exception of D2D's HDHQ because we compared notes and verified that it works.

And yes, I know I need to edit the mod features but I've basically been dealing with error reports on servers since it launched on Monday. :p

However, you have a 30 slot bag and 60 total slots. CLOTHING unlocks extra slots and the STRENGTH attribute unlocks more slots. No more pack mule. You can get around 8 extra slots just from wearing the right clothes, so encumbrance shouldn't be that much of an issue.

It's 1 point per level

Not sure about your modlet working with this or not.

What you need to know about the current version-

This mod currently is not working for multiplayer correctly unless you get the version on discord (though not sure if that version really fixed the problem yet or not, I haven't tried that version and haven't heard how well it's working on this thread yet).

If playing single player yer good to go now though, just don't shoot bees or behemoths with arrows lol. There is a few fixes for other problems coming too though, so maybe wait for that next official release like I am.

What little I've played, it's pretty fun though. It pairs well with the HDHQ mod too! Felt like a whole new game.

The version on discord HAS helped with the creating player issues. They still exist, because it's a vanilla thing. Seriously... search the forums. It's been a thing since A16... I have no idea why the hell they decided to change their multiplayer protocol and stuff everything up even more.

There's also some server-specific NRE's popping up that are almost impossible to track down since it seems to happen on SOME servers and not others... on stuff that shouldn't even NRE... like jumping animations on vanilla entities... I'm not kidding.

The version on discord HAS helped with the creating player issues. They still exist, because it's a vanilla thing. Seriously... search the forums. It's been a thing since A16... I have no idea why the hell they decided to change their multiplayer protocol and stuff everything up even more.

Glad to hear it helped.

I didn't know that glitch happened even in vanilla, quite the ugly problem for people who put in a lot of time. I hope the pimps fix that sooner rather then later.

I know one of my very first posts to the 7d2d forums was to complain about losing a savegame to a rare glitch that killed many hours of progress. I know how painful that stuff can be first hand.

Sounds like you have done some important fixes and work on this mod, keep up the good work.

I will miss the giant arrow glitch though. It looks like a blimp of doom slowly flying around when stuck to a bee.

I noticed that at certain Scavenging levels that I get absolutely no loot. I believe starting at Scavenging level 6 so you can test. Only fixed its self when I leveled up.

POSSIBLY fixed. Will need to do more testing, but I changed how scavenging levels so folks will get that more consistently anyways. :)

I saw it was an issue on servers where logging out and back in fixed it.

Glad to hear it helped.

I didn't know that glitch happened even in vanilla, quite the ugly problem for people who put in a lot of time. I hope the pimps fix that sooner rather then later.

I know one of my very first posts to the 7d2d forums was to complain about losing a savegame to a rare glitch that killed many hours of progress. I know how painful that stuff can be first hand.

Sounds like you have done some important fixes and work on this mod, keep up the good work.

I will miss the giant arrow glitch though. It looks like a blimp of doom slowly flying around when stuck to a bee.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie... it's pretty funny. Especially on a behemoth.

7_Days_To_Die-19-32-56-25-01.jpg

It's like pyramid head had some kind of horrific child. :D

Forge, Big Forge, Advanced Forge - what do the latter two give you that the first two do not? I don't want to waste points in it just to find out - at least not without first checking :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a minor display bug - "Light Armor" and "Heavy Armor" perks have the same descriptions - both heavy armor.

OK - ignore the first question - just read their descriptions in-game. :)

Forge, Big Forge, Advanced Forge - what do the latter two give you that the first two do not? I don't want to waste points in it just to find out - at least not without first checking :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a minor display bug - "Light Armor" and "Heavy Armor" perks have the same descriptions - both heavy armor.

You get more slots to put in ores - 3 slots in big forge, advanced forge is for smelting titanium I would assume - its how it was in A16 modpacks with this mod in it.

KhaineGB:

Compound bow - after reading the book it unlocked bow crafting perk - but it only lets you craft crossbow.. compound bow is still greyed out - as if you have no skill.

I've found 2 bugs, one I have no idea how to reproduce, the other, should be easy.

Had one bug where I'd get a NRE error anytime i loaded into the world, had something to do with the trader quest, as it said 0.0 meters, but never actually marked anywhere on the map. It was a repeating error to the point the game was unplayable, I had to scrap that world. I tried warping to 0,1 which used to fix the trader quest bug in a earlier a17 build but that didn't fix it, and the console would pop up every 1-3 seconds after its closed.

Other one, was (and I THINK this is a bug) After using the lucky googles and looting something (they are the loot bonus+50 trasure radius -1 goggles), my scavenger skill started raising almost every single time I opened a container even after taking the goggles off, unsure if this is normal around 10 or so skill. I felt it was worth mention due to how many containers on average I had to open before I put the goggles on to raise it by 1, then it was suddendly going up every 1-2 containers after using the goggles.

Ok, first up, I'm not removing the gore blocks. They exist for zombies to climb on during horde nights and for the player to have a way to get more bones.

However, you should just be able to edit the XML. It's entity classes, and you're looking for this.

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="terrGore"/>
<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

You can either remove it or just change the chance to 0.

Greetings. Really enjoying the mod, but I have a question in regards to the above..

I'm having an issue doing this. Every time I change this, or any of the XML files in this mod, they automatically reset to default when I run the game. Using the latest mod launcher. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

The gore blocks look like when they fall wooden blocks and they make a lot, is normal?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27366[/ATTACH]

Looks normal, but that's very dark so hard to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Big Forge is 3 slot instead of 2 slot. Advanced forge smelts titanium... the other two don't. The amrour descriptions are like that in vanilla too... I didn't change them. ;)

KhaineGB:

Compound bow - after reading the book it unlocked bow crafting perk - but it only lets you craft crossbow.. compound bow is still greyed out - as if you have no skill.

It's a 2 level perk. First level unlocks the crossbow, second level unlocks the compound bow. I did consider making them seperate perks like A16, but I thought that might just be annoying for the player.

I've found 2 bugs, one I have no idea how to reproduce, the other, should be easy.

Had one bug where I'd get a NRE error anytime i loaded into the world, had something to do with the trader quest, as it said 0.0 meters, but never actually marked anywhere on the map. It was a repeating error to the point the game was unplayable, I had to scrap that world. I tried warping to 0,1 which used to fix the trader quest bug in a earlier a17 build but that didn't fix it, and the console would pop up every 1-3 seconds after its closed.

Other one, was (and I THINK this is a bug) After using the lucky googles and looting something (they are the loot bonus+50 trasure radius -1 goggles), my scavenger skill started raising almost every single time I opened a container even after taking the goggles off, unsure if this is normal around 10 or so skill. I felt it was worth mention due to how many containers on average I had to open before I put the goggles on to raise it by 1, then it was suddendly going up every 1-2 containers after using the goggles.

You're just special, Scyris. ;)

I'll keep an eye out for the trader one. Scavenging is a little iffy in the build you guys have... sometimes it doesn't level at all, sometimes it does what you're describing. It's more consistent with the fix I have applied.

Greetings. Really enjoying the mod, but I have a question in regards to the above..

I'm having an issue doing this. Every time I change this, or any of the XML files in this mod, they automatically reset to default when I run the game. Using the latest mod launcher. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

I don't use the launcher, so I have no idea I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else having problem with winchester recipe?I have its skills and all parts,but cant craft it in workbench.

Yeah, it's a bug as noted in the list of fixes last page.

So I've fixed it locally, but not put out the fix yet. :)

Good day KhaineGB,

I have one question .. Before I settle in and Start building Big .. Do you think _ when you get the update out .. we will Need OR Should do a restart ?? …… I have no problem as to doing a restart .. but just thinking ahead. :biggrin-new:

Learning what needs to be done and have made a couple mistakes .. BUT Still Alive. … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

The Mod Launcher will reset to "1" .. anytime you pre-sync the mod or use the Auto refresh .. This is the original way the mod (Darkness Falls) is loaded into the Launcher ..

I have the same issue .. Now .. I have just gotten into the habit of Pre-Sync first _ then turn off Auto Refresh and going back in file using a desktop shortcut folder and resetting .. (yel .. a bit of a pain .. but I have gotten use to doing things like that to make games work for me like I like) … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: And setting it to "0" is not 100% guarantee that you will not get gore blocks all the time .. I still get them ONCE in a while and it depends on weapon you use sometimes. Just a Thought .. Have Fun and Enjoy

EDIT: 01-27-2019 @ 10:50am EST ..

I started to have a problem again with Gore Block set to .. "0" .. I had to reload game thru launcher and Now .. Most of the time .. it is Going Back to .. "1" .. after starting the Game ..

I know the Launcher re-copies the "Darkness Falls" files each time you play game and it might be having an issue with the XML reset that we do .. and .. changing it back to " 1 " as original file is.

Maybe Sphereii can shed some light on this issue and a way to fix.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Looks normal, but that's very dark so hard to tell.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/219vr15.jpg

Here's an other screenshot, it's normal that the goreblocks look like this? It looks like forest ground block and if multiple zombies die on top of wach other it can form a 2-3 block high pile, which then they can use to walk over my fence x)

Btw, noob question, the modded game seems to use more ram then vanilla, my pc with 12GB kinda struggles with it, but of course I have no idea what part of the mod might cause it, is there any easy was to reduce it a little maybe through xml changes or something?

Anyway, I just started playing with this mod and it's awesome, thank you! =D

I am having an issue with the extra slots. I've purchased level 7 of strength and should have 12 extra slots. Right after I purchased it (the same thing happened when I went up to 8 as well) the slots were there. But after teh first time I became encumbered (I think this is when it happened), I lost some of the extra slots. I currently have no disease or other negative effects but only have 37 unencumbered slots when it should be 42. Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Thanks.

Enjoying the mod immensely!

Corrupted game?

I'm trying to join my friend's game that was working fine before. I am getting this message:

"Exception:Class BlockPlantGrowingWithWater Mods not found on block cropsGrowingMaster" and other errors. (See attached pic). After this, my friend also had issues with his game, he can log in but the traders are closed. Is there any way to recover this game?

CorrGame.jpg.573bd90b9e2fa26a230593d43e63ebf6.jpg

It's a 2 level perk. First level unlocks the crossbow, second level unlocks the compound bow. I did consider making them seperate perks like A16, but I thought that might just be annoying for the player.

11.thumb.jpg.2915da7eb98fcfaa39974cbb05aa3f40.jpg

Only 1/1 perk. Probably forgot to change it once you decided it will be 2 level perk ;)

Also question about mining progression under action skills.

Currently I have mining 100/100 and only 1st perk unlocked. I see there are 100 possible skills points to invest? Is that intended or it was suppose to work like in A16 100 progression points where 100 is max?

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

http://oi63.tinypic.com/219vr15.jpg

Here's an other screenshot, it's normal that the goreblocks look like this? It looks like forest ground block and if multiple zombies die on top of wach other it can form a 2-3 block high pile, which then they can use to walk over my fence x)

Btw, noob question, the modded game seems to use more ram then vanilla, my pc with 12GB kinda struggles with it, but of course I have no idea what part of the mod might cause it, is there any easy was to reduce it a little maybe through xml changes or something?

Anyway, I just started playing with this mod and it's awesome, thank you! =D

Aha, I see. The texture is a little bit of a pain, but TFP got rid of the gore one so I'm trying to make do with whatever is available right now. :)

I'm only getting about 6-8GB RAM usage on my laptop. Can't really fix that with XML because it's loading extra models and textures via the external unity3d files.

I am having an issue with the extra slots. I've purchased level 7 of strength and should have 12 extra slots. Right after I purchased it (the same thing happened when I went up to 8 as well) the slots were there. But after teh first time I became encumbered (I think this is when it happened), I lost some of the extra slots. I currently have no disease or other negative effects but only have 37 unencumbered slots when it should be 42. Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Thanks.

Enjoying the mod immensely!

It is and it SHOULD be fixed. I noticed it last night before I went to bed. :) Going to look at getting 2.01 out by monday.... hopefully.

I'm trying to join my friend's game that was working fine before. I am getting this message:

"Exception:Class BlockPlantGrowingWithWater Mods not found on block cropsGrowingMaster" and other errors. (See attached pic). After this, my friend also had issues with his game, he can log in but the traders are closed. Is there any way to recover this game?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27370[/ATTACH]

That sounds like the modded DLL isn't installed properly, because it cannot load my custom code. I'd try reinstalling the mod on the server and see if that fixes it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27374[/ATTACH]

Only 1/1 perk. Probably forgot to change it once you decided it will be 2 level perk ;)

Nice catch. Found and fixed. :) Was set to max level 1 when it should've been 2.

Aha, I see. The texture is a little bit of a pain, but TFP got rid of the gore one so I'm trying to make do with whatever is available right now. :)
Oh I see, I thought it was supposed to look like the a16 gore block, but everything's in order then, thanks :D