Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Did a quick creative tour on the most recent version and driving the armored car through the center of the map was a blast. Gives us something to aim for as the wife and I play a new game of it.

Thanks for all your work on the mod!

Glad you like it! There's something just... cathartic about running over tree's and stuff with it. :)

I found this big bunker in the wasteland !!! The future has come ;-)

It was wonderful. How many times have I driven around them. Facepalm. If you do not know where he is, then it is very difficult to find him.

My only concern is that it's a bit laggy. Still trying to track down why but I know it's not due to new textures used.

By any chance did you remove Antibiotics from Pill case and Medicine cabinet loot lists? I've looted 5 pop-n-pills and that huge 8-10 floor hospital and I haven't found one Antibiotic yet.

I did not. Sounds like RNG just really hates you. :)

Hi KGB, I really like your Mod. I have a few questions. On my first hoard night only one spider zombie showed up. I am playing SP random map. I was in a building second floor. Seems like some zombies run in the day, is it always one type? I select zombies to never run but your mod overrides that right? Do you have a wiki page? What is the armored car? Great work thanks.

Khaine, I think lags due to a lot of zombies. As soon as I killed everyone there, the lags stopped.

Gonna need to look at that again then. I was using the sleeper spawn system but that was ALSO laggy (and didn't work half the time)

Hi KGB, I really like your Mod. I have a few questions. On my first hoard night only one spider zombie showed up. I am playing SP random map. I was in a building second floor. Seems like some zombies run in the day, is it always one type? I select zombies to never run but your mod overrides that right? Do you have a wiki page? What is the armored car? Great work thanks.

The one zombie thing can actually just happen on vanilla horde nights too. It's pretty annoying.

Some zombies will run during the day, yes. Ferals spawn at night so any left over from that will run, and the ones with the big flare attached to them also run.

And yes, the mod will likely override never run, because it's not supposed to be a fun time. :p

No, I don't have a wiki. Most information regarding where things can be crafted can be found in-game. The armoured car is a vehicle you can build (book needed). It's faster than the minibike, but slower than the roadhog (mechanic mastery for the roadhog) but it does have the largest storage.

Khaine, I used the car in 1.8.4, but it was bad compared to the roadhog. The appearance and sound of the roadhog motor is the best :-) The car increased the skill of axes and destroyed objects, which I did not like. In the late stage of the game, I see no reason to use it and the big slots are not a big advantage of speed. Can you offer car advantages over roadhog? ;-)

The car skill thing is fixed.

And there is an advantage. The roadhog doesn't destroy blocks, the car does. You also take less damage when using the car, it has better handling than the roadhog and almost double the carry capacity.

Roadhog should really be used more for exploration to scout out areas you want to go loot, then swap to the car to loot everything due to the 80 slots.

I'm not planning to add anything more to the car because ANYONE can make that, and for less resources than the Roadhog. The Roadhog is a class specific vehicle and therefore should be on-par or better than the car (especially since it needs titanium)

Also, the car uses the same sounds as the roadhog... :p

Feral zombies always run no matter what the run setting is set to. You will eventually start getting them during the day in later game stages. If your killing sleepers in a poi and it doesn't go down in 1 shot, its most likely a feral, they seem to have about double the health, most zombies I can 1 shot with the xbow from stealth, but not most ferals.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

It seems Antibiotics DON'T drop from pillcases anymore in your mod, I checked the medicine group, as you can see below the rare medicine item group is listed under the medicine loot list in vanilla, so this explains why I haven't found any antibiotics in any medical container.

<lootgroup name="medicine" count="1">

<item name="painkillers"/>

<item name="firstAidBandage"/>

<item name="bandage"/>

<item name="emptyJar"/>

<item name="bloodBag"/>

<item name="vitamins"/>

<item name="grainAlcohol"/>

<item name="splint"/>

</lootgroup>

Here is the Vanilla medicine loot group

<lootgroup name="medicine" count="1">

<item name="painkillers"/>

<item name="firstAidBandage"/>

<item name="bandage"/>

<item name="emptyJar"/>

<item name="bloodBag"/>

<item name="vitamins"/>

<item name="grainAlcohol"/>

<item name="splint"/>

<item group="rareMedicine"/>

</lootgroup>

Seems either you removed the rare med item group from them, or it somehow got removed on its own.

Ooooh. I know why. I didn't want medicine to roll on the rare medicine loot table when I was re-doing the nurse and doctor loot lists.

So the problem is I'm actually just kinda dumb. :D Will make sure the raremedicine loot list has a chance to be rolled when opening pill cases.

EDIT: Try replacing the medicine cabinet loot container with this and let me know what the drop rate is like.

<!-- medicine cabinets -->
<lootcontainer id="7" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_medicine_cabinet" sound_close="UseActions/close_medicine_cabinet" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item group="medicine"/>
<item group="rareMedicine" prob="0.5"/>
</lootcontainer>

Ooooh. I know why. I didn't want medicine to roll on the rare medicine loot table when I was re-doing the nurse and doctor loot lists.

So the problem is I'm actually just kinda dumb. :D Will make sure the raremedicine loot list has a chance to be rolled when opening pill cases.

EDIT: Try replacing the medicine cabinet loot container with this and let me know what the drop rate is like.

<lootcontainer id="7" count="1,2" size="5,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_medicine_cabinet" sound_close="UseActions/close_medicine_cabinet" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item group="medicine"/>
<item group="rareMedicine" prob="0.5"/>
</lootcontainer>

0.5 is 50% I believe or at least I think thats what it is. Might be too high, maybe 25% for pillcases, and 15% for those cabinets? Med cabinets you find in most poi's so it should have a lower drop rate IMO than pill cases which are only in specific poi's, and much rarer.

But ahh the mystery is solved, was a simple case of just forgetting to put it there. If u wanna set a number to the pill cases in my current game I am literally right smack outside of a unlooted pop-n-pills.

It's supposed to be 50% but RNG tends to screw me and either give me loads, or give me bugger all. It's why I thought someone independently testing it would be a good idea. ;)

Also, pill cases and medicine cabinets currently use the same loot list... so that's a thing. I mean, I could make a new loot list and attach it...

It's supposed to be 50% but RNG tends to screw me and either give me loads, or give me bugger all. It's why I thought someone independently testing it would be a good idea. ;)

Also, pill cases and medicine cabinets currently use the same loot list... so that's a thing. I mean, I could make a new loot list and attach it...

You could also just add the raremed probchance to container 51 which is the pillcases, which would probally be easier than making an entire new loot list.

I just found the pill cases.

Going to poke at some code now cos I need a break from Fortuna anyways. ;)

EDIT: Here we go...

<item group="medicine"/>
<item group="rareMedicine" prob="0.15"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- pop n pills -->
<lootcontainer id="51" count="1,3" size="5,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_pill_case" sound_close="UseActions/close_pill_case" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item group="medicine"/>
<item group="rareMedicine" prob="0.25"/>
<item name="scrapPlastics" count="1,2" prob="0.1"/>
</lootcontainer>

Alright I plugged those in, time to loot this pop-n-pills and see how it is. I hope for a good haul considering I looted 4-5 pop-n-pills and that 8 floor hospital when they had 0 chance to drop anything in the rare medicine loot group. There is a story behind that too.

Saw zombie male researcher, stupidly tried to melee it had a sledgehammer but the male researcher zombies hitbox is wonky as hell when hes moving, got stage 3 infection instantly, spent the next 2+ hours hopped up on grain booze as I had no beer, looting any med/pill cabinet i could find, no antibiotics, cue stage 4 infection, 40 mins still nothing (as they had no chance to drop at the time), air drop arrives, and it takes me about 5 min to run to it, and thankfully there was 3 antibiotics in there. I usually play dead is dead and i've never ever came this close to dying from a infection XD. Did I mention this was on day 2 or 3 of my game with 90 min days? Worst thing is I knew about the researchers and their ability to land stage 2/3 infections instantly like the hazmat zombies, but I tried it anyway.

I do need to go and have a look at the hitboxes of those zombies. Maybe just slightly increase the radius.

Admittedly it means people will land more "phantom" hits (obvious miss but still counts) but it might be a better solution.

Yeah when he's idle the head hitbox is in the proper spot, but second he moves, the headshot hitbox like disappears, and even halfway down his torso when he is moving results in no hits, I had to aim my sledge for his legs to actually hit him once he is active. Female one is a bit wonky too but not on the same level as the male version.

I also looted that pop-n-pills, 3 beakers, 3 blood draw kits, 2 antibiotics and 2 anti-rad pills. at 25% chance to get the rare medicine group in a pill case i'd say this was a lucky run. Back when it was 50% chance I usually didn't do this good so rng really was on my side. Didn't test cabinets yet as they are more spread around, should be 2 in this popnpills but 2 is not much of a sample size.

Thanks KGB for answering my previous post. You may know this issue already, in my game bandits with crossbows are not shooting them at me. They also are not dropping the cb when dead. Your bandits are great, I like how they can see you from far away.

Huh, I need to look into the ammo issue then.

Not dropping the crossbow is intentional. Basically anything that takes ammo (like the crossbow or any gun) drops the item and an ENTIRE STACK of ammo.

I figured that might be a bit excessive with a crossbow and like... 250 iron arrows. :)

Khaine, I have a problem: I have a little scrap of plastic. It needs a lot to craft laser and coil ammo. I always buy from all traders(Caitlin is the best), and I don’t get much from disassembly. Can you add this recipe or a similar recipe? :-)

<recipe name="scrapPlastics" count="1" craft_area="chemistryStation">

<ingredient name="oilShale" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="glue" count="1"/>

</recipe>