Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Sniper hud

Awesome work!

Im working on a mod by myself for a serious amount of time but im running in problems with my snipers. If i add the sniperoverlay the custom model is still in sight like i would aim without scope the hud is just overlayed. Can you help with that?

Jax - Love the mod. Havent had this much fun playing the game since I first found it in Alpha 12ish.

One quick story - Love the bandit camp! We have been very confined to one city due to the difficulty of the mod. I am streaming with two of my buddies and one of my...more adventurous friends has decided that today is the day he is going to find another trader. All is fine, I am exploring our wasteland city, worst I have seen is two irradiated cops and a couple feral cowboys. Suddenly buddy is freaking out. Yelling, screaming and dead. We found our first bandit compound and he felt very safe with that. What we didnt know is a Feral Wight also lived there and wrecked his world. We then had to take a 5k walk together with only 7 hours until and kill the Wight together. Best moment I have had in a long time.

Here are the things we have loved:

- Bandit camps were amazing.

- Wasteland is scary enough. Irradiated cops were a surprise.

- Wide aggro range of zombies feels really nice. Very hard to sneak around them early.

- All the new POIs make cities feel way more diverse

- Ammo boxes are amazing - really needed early

- All the new items, quest, and surprises!

Things that I am not sure are specific to the mod or I dont know how I feel about them:

- Lag on some of the tables (Advanced Crafting, Food Table are the worse)

- Infection last too long. Its not even a little bit scary.

- Books for skills need to be doubled the loot rate (mining, scavaging, etc.)

Things that work fine but are hard to understand

- Getty messy happens really fast...if I am thinking walking dead, I dont know how killing a zombie can cause me to die so quickly.

- Tables: The tools needed for tables are always clear. Even if I could hover over them to tell me what they are this would be easier.

Things that are really hard for me and maybe they should be but I am making sure that is intended:

- I choose rifle class. I love it. Really hard to get into a POI early because I wake everything up

- Mini-bikes. Im almost level 40 and we still dont have mini-bikes because crafting tools 40 is a hard gate

- If playing single player, the classes would make this really hard. We just got our second class one player (Farmer). Dont know how we would have done it with one person

I am sure I will think of more but wanted to put it out there.

I believe I've installed everything correctly from master.zip directly from github but when i launch the game(no EAC) i have the red lines console error

https://pastebin.com/L012fBex

Any advice?

I had issues initially. Dont run EAC and Disable UNET.

What made it for me is uninstalling the mod, deleting the folder where the mod was kept and re-installing the mod. Make sure you are getting 2.02 or later.

My opinion about this mod.

Mod and server are great, really adorable, thank to Jax and others admins and players. But this mod too easy for me.

Now I'm at 30th level. My restrictions: I don't use any fire guns or blow weapons (only shotgun or pistol in desperate situations in close combats with ferals), and I prefer bow and crossbow. They are quiet, it's nice. Also I never burrow into the ground. And I don't use a minibike.

I built a shelter with three floors - battle floor (concrete + metal trussing), living floor (with all benches), farmer's floor (where I grow aloe for healiing). This is my second shelter (the first crashed with all my stuff because of my mistake)

My first class - bow, second - farmer, third - survivor (for auger). I played at horde night, but this not too hard. I didn't avoid mini hordes, easy too.

Maybe I too many played in True Survival and now all other mods too easy for me. Nevertheless, I got great pleasure playing on the server in this mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Jax, a bit of mistakes:

1. Quest "Cancerous addiction" I can take one more time without finished previuos one.

2. Quest "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay" seems not working.

I broke lumberjack's leg and then killed him with axe, but counter 0/3 didn't change.

3. Repeater crossbow has a big lag after reloading - animation of reloading finishes, then only through 4-5 sec really reloading finishes. That's really uncomfortable.

Some thougths and opinions.

1. Medical class seems useless, first aid bandages heal quite well and honey (=antibiotics) are found pretty easy, so no point to raise medical skill.

2. Charred meat - cheating thing, because adds 0.6 wellness and cost only 1 meat. Sugar the same. That why cooking is useless too.

3. /base is cheating thing ;)

4. Loot respawn is too fast. I think 30 days. It's too fast. I played yesterday morning and today evening all loot will be respawn.

Edited by trambalda (see edit history)

I had issues initially. Dont run EAC and Disable UNET.

What made it for me is uninstalling the mod, deleting the folder where the mod was kept and re-installing the mod. Make sure you are getting 2.02 or later.

EAC is disabled but how do i disable UNET?

EDIT: I found this in serverconfig.xml

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"	value="UNET"/>

Is that correct?

EDIT2: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game so I start fresh then apply the mod. Still got the same error

Edited by vosszaa (see edit history)

not sure if this is a intended, but the lockpick has quality, but everytime i have used on it disapears after one use. Is that as intended or a bug?

The same is puzzled by this. If there is quality, then there must be a number of uses. The need for such expensive lockpick disappears. 10 iron, it is very expensive.

Edited by TARCH26
fixed the amount of iron (see edit history)

I have rented a server - currently on war of the walkers - if i wanted to run Ravenhearst instead which download would I need ? I cant go with Bluefang as they dont have a server for us in Aus so I'm with someone else.

Also if i wanted horde night every night what changes would need to be made to the xml's ?

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

EAC is disabled but how do i disable UNET?

EDIT: I found this in serverconfig.xml

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"	value="UNET"/>

Is that correct?

EDIT2: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game so I start fresh then apply the mod. Still got the same error

UNET is one of the check boxes on the mod launcher. Make sure you have it checked.

Anyone know how to write on writeable Chests?? can't seem to find where i edit the text.

There should be a green text box that opens with it when you open the box. You have to click apply before you close it.

I love this mod.

as a suggestion,

-when opening the craft menu the fps are lowered.

-It would be good to say what day the hordes come as starvation.

-The double shotgun takes a long time to shoot after recharging.

-in the advanced work table also lowers the fps

Good job I like

The crafting lag is a vanilla issue. Use your Favorites as a way to get around this. Since all versions of the mod have different horde nights, it's not possible to use a counter for horde. That is a server side mod that comes with server managers.

So, I am confused. Is this mod able to be run on a dedicated server? The names imply that it can be but I have not been able to get the mod to run on a dedicated server without major issues that break the game. Then, looking at the Mod Launcher, I notice that that the files available there are single player only. I might be missing something here but I can install other mods on the server and locally and they run fine. What am I missing?

Dedicated Server files are in the first post. You need those on the server since SDX requires modified DLLs and they are different from SP dlls. Download the version you want for dedicated and have everyone use the launcher to install that version to join on your server.

It's a bug

I was building in the middle of the woods.

Then I put three turret with generatorbank.

Then I licked everything out of nowhere 6 zombieScreamer

+ 5 zombieScreamer +20 zombie

+ 3 zombieScreamer + 10 zombie

+ 2 zombieScreamer + 15 zombie

it was infinite.......................

Wax and because of the generatorbank that attracted so much zombieScreamer?

Very good mod the best I've played until today.

Too bad my pc does not run all at most

Sorry my english ...

No a bug. The more you do the higher your chances of screamers. Luck of the draw unfortunately. Kill them fast. You have turrets so that's a very good start.

for the moment best mod that i play, i would like to thank you for the boulout you made and continue how that ............... you are a big boss:jaded::jaded::jaded:

Thank you for the compliments. I promise it will only get bigger and better as we move forward

Hi Jax,

Just having a quick look prior to playing this next week on Guppy's server.

Nice work on the mod :)

Removed the error I thought I found ;) did not look closely enough lol expected the blacksmith station to be a workbench type station not a forge type station ;)

I'm looking forward to see what you guys think. If you come up with any fixes that you wish to share i'd love to implement them.

Minor bug with the Custom Text Storage Box.

Put something in the box. Now open box and hit R to take all. Box will auto close when empty and the text window will get stuck. Only way to clear is to hit Esc.

The custom storage box has a few bugs to work out. Unfortunately that mod is an older one so not everything works as properly as it should. I was considering just removing it but people do seem to like it for what it is.

Had the same issue. Blue fang could not get it to work either. The launcher will run some of the others like without weather and 21 day blood moon in single player. Not sure what the issue is but figured it might just be me...

Bluefang is working from the files in the first post. The best bet is to learn how to operate the server yourself as Bluefang may not be keeping up with the latest patch. That is something have no control over. If you keep your server current with the latest patches then there should be no issues. Just make sure you are using the same launcher version of the mod as the one you installed on your server.

Jax - Love the mod. Havent had this much fun playing the game since I first found it in Alpha 12ish.

One quick story - Love the bandit camp! We have been very confined to one city due to the difficulty of the mod. I am streaming with two of my buddies and one of my...more adventurous friends has decided that today is the day he is going to find another trader. All is fine, I am exploring our wasteland city, worst I have seen is two irradiated cops and a couple feral cowboys. Suddenly buddy is freaking out. Yelling, screaming and dead. We found our first bandit compound and he felt very safe with that. What we didnt know is a Feral Wight also lived there and wrecked his world. We then had to take a 5k walk together with only 7 hours until and kill the Wight together. Best moment I have had in a long time.

Here are the things we have loved:

- Bandit camps were amazing.

- Wasteland is scary enough. Irradiated cops were a surprise.

- Wide aggro range of zombies feels really nice. Very hard to sneak around them early.

- All the new POIs make cities feel way more diverse

- Ammo boxes are amazing - really needed early

- All the new items, quest, and surprises!

Things that I am not sure are specific to the mod or I dont know how I feel about them:

- Lag on some of the tables (Advanced Crafting, Food Table are the worse)

- Infection last too long. Its not even a little bit scary.

- Books for skills need to be doubled the loot rate (mining, scavaging, etc.)

Things that work fine but are hard to understand

- Getty messy happens really fast...if I am thinking walking dead, I dont know how killing a zombie can cause me to die so quickly.

- Tables: The tools needed for tables are always clear. Even if I could hover over them to tell me what they are this would be easier.

Things that are really hard for me and maybe they should be but I am making sure that is intended:

- I choose rifle class. I love it. Really hard to get into a POI early because I wake everything up

- Mini-bikes. Im almost level 40 and we still dont have mini-bikes because crafting tools 40 is a hard gate

- If playing single player, the classes would make this really hard. We just got our second class one player (Farmer). Dont know how we would have done it with one person

I am sure I will think of more but wanted to put it out there.

Some of the issues with the UI will be solved in the UI update. Messy happens when you loot the corpses. There is a chance. I can increase the Messy timers a bit while lowering the infection timers because I agree on both.

I wanted mini bikes to be tough to get especially with their increased storage sizes. I wanted them to be more mid - late game.

Zombies do sense you more. That is by design. Also the classes are meant to be difficult. The idea is you start out knowing about one thing. As you go along you pick up skills in other things. That's not really an overnight thing. But i wish it could be more complex. We are working with what we are given though. I agree about the books as well, I will increase probs of finding skill books in the world.

Thank you for the kind words. It means alot to hear stories like that. Inspires me to create even more situations for players to enjoy.

Agreed, the way it is in this mod, it should work like any tool.

Nope. Lockpicks are basically a cheat tool, as they are in real life. You can use the stone axe or pick and break in the hard way, wait until you skill up Iron Tools, or use a pick that you find in loot in the world. Gun parts are supposed to be harder to acquire so the lockpick falls in line with that. And yes it may be hard to make at first, but so should getting into a safe. When you have a forge and can make hundreds of forged iron you can make hundreds of lockpicks.

I have rented a server - currently on war of the walkers - if i wanted to run Ravenhearst instead which download would I need ? I cant go with Bluefang as they dont have a server for us in Aus so I'm with someone else.

Also if i wanted horde night every night what changes would need to be made to the xml's ?

You would need a server host that allows full access to your files including dlls. I'm not aware of another one that does this. Perhaps survivalservers if i recall correctly. You need to do a fresh install for your server with the mod of your choice in the first post. Then you have your players use the launcher for the version you choose.

Nightly hordes are a mod you can use from sphereii but it is an sdx mod and it is not something that can be done in the xmls.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that the holiday weekend is drawing to a close we are looking at another patch very soon, hopefully by tonight. If not then by tomorrow. Hang on Gup, if you can. I would wait for this patch to start that server as it fixes a lot of nagging little bugs and misspelt words and such.

Knowledge Points - If I am understanding it correctly if you scrap a recipe/schematic you should get KP. All I am getting is the normal paper, is this a bug or just me being stupid? (Most probably the latter)

Thanks to all that have worked on the mod, enjoying the difficulty of it immensely (will help I have now found all the parts I need for a minibike so can do some exploring)

Knowledge Points - If I am understanding it correctly if you scrap a recipe/schematic you should get KP. All I am getting is the normal paper, is this a bug or just me being stupid? (Most probably the latter)

They give me 3 KP. You have an error somewhere. Other mod functions work?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how to write on writeable Chests?? can't seem to find where i edit the text.

This is a bug mod. A window for text outside the screen.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Seal77 viewpost-right.png

Agreed, the way it is in this mod, it should work like any tool.

Jax

Nope. Lockpicks are basically a cheat tool, as they are in real life. You can use the stone axe or pick and break in the hard way, wait until you skill up Iron Tools, or use a pick that you find in loot in the world. Gun parts are supposed to be harder to acquire so the lockpick falls in line with that. And yes it may be hard to make at first, but so should getting into a safe. When you have a forge and can make hundreds of forged iron you can make hundreds of lockpicks.

Ok got it. Love the mod, keep it up.

They give me 3 KP. You have an error somewhere. Other mod functions work?

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bug mod. A window for text outside the screen.

It was me, as I suspected all along. Scrapping them in your backpack gives paper, scrapping them in the research desk gives KP :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Jax

Can you have a look at this please? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod&p=764388&viewfull=1#post764388

You quote everyone but not me :(

It looks like from the log that the models did not load so its possible the installation did not go correctly

We are going to be releasing a new ui in the next patch that will hopefully fix a lot of the window placement issues. Next patch is in testing right now.

It looks like from the log that the models did not load so its possible the installation did not go correctly

We are going to be releasing a new ui in the next patch that will hopefully fix a lot of the window placement issues. Next patch is in testing right now.

Aigh, I'll wait for the next update