Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

So I play this mod with an Xbox controller and everything works great but I can not scroll my pointer down to the hot bar to switch items out. It's like there is a barrier keeping me from touching anything at the bottom of the screen. It only occurs with this mod and does not do it with vanilla or any other mod. Please advise!

Hi,

Edit windows.xml and search for toolbelt, then add cursor_area="true" to the opening line of the code just before the closing bracket.

When done it should look similar to this but not identical as this is my custom code

<window name="SMXToolbelt1SMX" width="760" height="226" depth="0" pos="0,85" anchor="CenterBottom" backgroundcolor="[black]" controller="ToolbeltWindow" visible="{toolbeltvisible}" cursor_area="true">

I hope that helps.

How do you have a concrete base at day 3?

I have it like that since day 3 because I did it in creative. As I said before, the bases are erased and this is very small compared to the others I have had.

Apparently I realized that from the launcher when you download the mod above appears the version you play that is now 2.01, but if you remove the refresh the mods do not know why the game of downgrade and comes in the version that the station of tailoring does not have the weding toolds .....

At the moment I'm still trying things to see if I find what happens to me alone.

Hey there.

Been thinking of trying this mod, but I'm a little put off by the "can only hurt things with headshots" thing. How does this affect combat, and does it also affect hitboxes on animals? I don't fancy trying to hit a deer in the head when hunting.

Has anyone had issues with animals and zombies not spawning? Im on day 3 and I originally thought I did something with the server config. However, going into night three, no zombies, no sleepers, no animals.

I have also fallen through the world 3-4 times using the mod.

So I brought the safe zones down significantly and I am still got spawns on 21 day streamer version running on my bluefang server. Jax - Any thoughts?

Also I am not able to scrap items (Brass, clothes, etc.)

Scrapping items is unlocked through scavenging skill. Level 5 I believe without looking. Its a small gate but makes scavenging a bit worth it as logically at first you may not know how to scrap but as you get a bit more out there in the world you would learn. It unlocks rather quick.

Falling through the world is a desync/load issue. Perhaps the mod is a bit taxing on the system. There isnt much I can do to help that. If you post your logs I can double check and make sure there are no issues stemming from the mod.

As for no zombies or animals also send me logs. I will double check that version of the mod on my system but initial tests had spawns coming just fine.

So I play this mod with an Xbox controller and everything works great but I can not scroll my pointer down to the hot bar to switch items out. It's like there is a barrier keeping me from touching anything at the bottom of the screen. It only occurs with this mod and does not do it with vanilla or any other mod. Please advise!

Sirillion had a fix listed above. Here it is.

Hi,

Edit windows.xml and search for toolbelt, then add cursor_area="true" to the opening line of the code just before the closing bracket.

When done it should look similar to this but not identical as this is my custom code

<window name="SMXToolbelt1SMX" width="760" height="226" depth="0" pos="0,85" anchor="CenterBottom" backgroundcolor="[black]" controller="ToolbeltWindow" visible="{toolbeltvisible}" cursor_area="true">

I hope that helps.

I will be adding this in our next update and that should fix it. Im very sorry for this. It was an oversight as the I do not play with a controller so I did not consider this.

Hey there.

Been thinking of trying this mod, but I'm a little put off by the "can only hurt things with headshots" thing. How does this affect combat, and does it also affect hitboxes on animals? I don't fancy trying to hit a deer in the head when hunting.

Indeed it does apply to animals. I am right now working on a version that removes headshot only for those who wish to play this way. It will be posted in the first post when it is complete.

All work and no play seems to make Jax a very capable modder :)

Just dont look me in a walk in freezer please, and if you see me tossing a tennis ball at the wall just LEAVE ME ALONE! ;)

Ok I deployed a quick fix to the cursor issue across the board. I also put a hotfix in the streamer version that may have been preventing zombie spawns. Not a huge update only the entityclasses, entitygroups and windows xmls are changed this go around.

I also added headshots removed in the first post. Zombies have more health to compensate but body damage works to animals and zombies now.

Ok I deployed a quick fix to the cursor issue across the board. I also put a hotfix in the streamer version that may have been preventing zombie spawns. Not a huge update only the entityclasses, entitygroups and windows xmls are changed this go around.

I also added headshots removed in the first post. Zombies have more health to compensate but body damage works to animals and zombies now.

Wow, thank you JaxTeller! That headshot thing was the only thing putting me off - everything else looks fantastic! Time to give this perfect-looking mod a spin! Just one more question - will the no headshots version also appear in the mod launcher, or how would one go about installing it? (tech noob here)

Edited by Gothyc (see edit history)

I downloaded sphereii's mod launcher but Im confused which mod file I'm supposed to download to be able to play with my friends on a local server. There are the single player options which I assume are only for singleplayer and not multiplayer and then there are SDX Streamer Edition, SDX Streamer Edition 21 Day Blood Moons, Test Branch Files, and Ravenhearst SDX Whitelist Server Member Download

Wow, thank you JaxTeller! That headshot thing was the only thing putting me off - everything else looks fantastic! Time to give this perfect-looking mod a spin! Just one more question - will the no headshots version also appear in the mod launcher, or how would one go about installing it? (tech noob here)

Install everything like normal for the version you want from the launcher. Then head to the first post and download the HeadshotFree version. Replace the files in your install from the Launcher with those files and you are good to go. I would make Launcher links, but then Id have to add about 6 more links to the Launcher and I think sphereii would have my head lol

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded sphereii's mod launcher but Im confused which mod file I'm supposed to download to be able to play with my friends on a local server. There are the single player options which I assume are only for singleplayer and not multiplayer and then there are SDX Streamer Edition, SDX Streamer Edition 21 Day Blood Moons, Test Branch Files, and Ravenhearst SDX Whitelist Server Member Download

On a local server whoever is hosting has to have the dedicated version of the mod on their computer to host. Everyone else would use the SP version of whichever version you want to run.

Which version are you looking to run?

Made it to day 13 so far. Loving it! But kind of got stuck with NullReferenceException errors when bandits are next to the trader. I can't kill them fast enough before the console pops up and makes things difficult. Unfortunately error isn't much helpful:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Would zipping up the save directory and uploading somewhere be of any help?

Made it to day 13 so far. Loving it! But kind of got stuck with NullReferenceException errors when bandits are next to the trader. I can't kill them fast enough before the console pops up and makes things difficult. Unfortunately error isn't much helpful:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Would zipping up the save directory and uploading somewhere be of any help?

Nope, i feared this. I may just remove the bandits etc because the other option is to remove traders. And Im not doing that. So unfortunately bandits may have to go.

- - - Updated - - -

One more quest bug: Find doll quest generates NullReferenceException. The quest page disappears but quest doesn't start.

Thank you vitamin, im trying to track all these quest errors down. They are very erratic and most have to do with an icon or a quest reward. Im getting them but Im sorry you experienced this.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to run the dedicated version because im gonna be hosting and I also want the 21 day blood moons and 20k stacks

You would download the 21 day dedi version and then go to the first post and download the 20k stacks file. replace the items xml with the 20k stacks one. The people who play with you that are not hosting the server can download the sp version of the one you are hosting from your machine.

Patch 2.02 Released 11/20

-Lowered XP on Materials

-Removed All Army Personnel from Spawn List. They will still spawn in their buildings. They will have to be killed in the field first before they are gone. (Done because of Trader NRE)

-Fixed Junk Quest from Nulling

-Gave the Katana its own properties so it is as kick ass as it should be

-Cleaned up all Streamer Versions so that spawn issues will now be fixed

-Increased timers on Dirty buffs so it is not as fast

-Increased stack sizes on some items

-Cleaned up some spaces in items

-Fixed Controller Cursor Issue on Toolbelt

Thank you vitamin, im trying to track all these quest errors down. They are very erratic and most have to do with an icon or a quest reward. Im getting them but Im sorry you experienced this.

No worries! Glad to help in any way possible. I know it is impossible to check and verify everything, especially with that much more new content added. More bugs I find is hopefully less bugs for streamers or other non-experienced users to hit.

BTW got past those bandits. After a while they despawned. One was with shotgun another with AK47.

JaxTeller, I just spent night one in an old cabin.

Already before night fell I heard something squishy stalking outside the house. As night fell... the voices came, and then.. something... came into my house! Luckily I had taken out the bottom half of the stairs, but I could still see its white twisted form down there in the dark, trying to smash the wooden beams to get to me. I shot it and it went and it hid UNDER MY STAIRS! Kept whispering from there.. I'm so fricking rattled right now, hahaha!! Love your mod! Do I even dare to go downstairs in the morning??

Hey, I tried downloading the single player 21 day horde version with the 7D2D Mod Launcher and when I hit play mod it gets stuck at loading main menu and then my computer crashes. This happened 3 times and then I tried opening 7 days from steam and I connect to or make a world but it gets stuck at initializing world. It doesn't crash here but I waited about 20 minutes and it stayed at initializing world. I decided to quit out and try it again but it did the same thing. Now it doesnt even load the main menu and its just a black screen with my cursor. I uninstalled 7 days and the mod launcher and redownloaded it and would like to try again. Can someone give me very detailed step by step instructions to install and get the mod working?

Hey, I tried downloading the single player 21 day horde version with the 7D2D Mod Launcher and when I hit play mod it gets stuck at loading main menu and then my computer crashes. This happened 3 times and then I tried opening 7 days from steam and I connect to or make a world but it gets stuck at initializing world. It doesn't crash here but I waited about 20 minutes and it stayed at initializing world. I decided to quit out and try it again but it did the same thing. Now it doesnt even load the main menu and its just a black screen with my cursor. I uninstalled 7 days and the mod launcher and redownloaded it and would like to try again. Can someone give me very detailed step by step instructions to install and get the mod working?

is this the first time you're using the modlauncher?

if so there are very detailed images and videos on using it in its thread here. take a look at that first please.

do not recommend placing it inside the 7days folder, that causes problems for people. also make sure EAC is ticked off.

also as stated in the first post somewhere, sdx mods take much longer to load than the vanilla game, or xml mods. length varies on how good your system is.

- - - Updated - - -

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to get leather? I have animal skin and unrefined leather but I do not know how to make normal leather

drying rack!

No worries! Glad to help in any way possible. I know it is impossible to check and verify everything, especially with that much more new content added. More bugs I find is hopefully less bugs for streamers or other non-experienced users to hit.

BTW got past those bandits. After a while they despawned. One was with shotgun another with AK47.

For now they won't spawn anymore until you hit the 2 pois that have them spawn as sleepers. When I get a working fix in I will place them back in. And again thank you for your patience and your help. It is very much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

JaxTeller, I just spent night one in an old cabin.

Already before night fell I heard something squishy stalking outside the house. As night fell... the voices came, and then.. something... came into my house! Luckily I had taken out the bottom half of the stairs, but I could still see its white twisted form down there in the dark, trying to smash the wooden beams to get to me. I shot it and it went and it hid UNDER MY STAIRS! Kept whispering from there.. I'm so fricking rattled right now, hahaha!! Love your mod! Do I even dare to go downstairs in the morning??

I would be VERY careful about that one ;)

First Aid Bandages and Med Kits

I ran into an issue where the med kits and First Aid bandages don't always heal you. Is there a % of possibly working or is there a bug? Same goes with trying to get rid of a Bite Mark. I usually have to wait for the infection and then take antibiotics.

Could I get clarification on this please?

Thank You,

Striker