Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Should MP be this tough to accomplish?

I have been trying for a couple weeks now to get an MP game going with my brother. He hosts. We cannot get this to work with the launcher. It just defaults to his WotW mod when he tries to launch Ravenhearst.

We found a way to bastardize a way with a custom 16.3 build and a few files direct from your github, but I had to perform a clean install and we can't make that method work again.

There must be a way to just straight up play MP this mod together?

I ran into an issue where the med kits and First Aid bandages don't always heal you. Is there a % of possibly working or is there a bug? Same goes with trying to get rid of a Bite Mark. I usually have to wait for the infection and then take antibiotics.

Could I get clarification on this please?

Thank You,

Striker

vanilla bug, worse in mods. use consumables from your toolbelt.

I have been trying for a couple weeks now to get an MP game going with my brother. He hosts. We cannot get this to work with the launcher. It just defaults to his WotW mod when he tries to launch Ravenhearst.

We found a way to bastardize a way with a custom 16.3 build and a few files direct from your github, but I had to perform a clean install and we can't make that method work again.

There must be a way to just straight up play MP this mod together?

the mod was created for 16.4, no idea what to suggest aside from he is doing something wrong :/

would need to know precisely what he's doing to fix it.

where he sets the mods to install ect. it should be creating it in its own folder, and running the exe from the folder it makes for ravenhearst when he hits the playmod button. does he have wotw installed ON his vanilla copy? etc.

Jax - When did you release 2.0 to Blue fang? The one with the non-spawning zombies animals?

The files in the first post are the most current dedi files that i gave to Bluefang. You should not be on 2.0 but 2.02. If you ARE on 2.0 please message Bluefang and tell them you need the latest server files. They will update them. I do not have any control over which files they offer to you.

I will also message them to let them know.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran into an issue where the med kits and First Aid bandages don't always heal you. Is there a % of possibly working or is there a bug? Same goes with trying to get rid of a Bite Mark. I usually have to wait for the infection and then take antibiotics.

Could I get clarification on this please?

Thank You,

Striker

Vanilla issue made worse by mods. Always use them from your toolbelt. Campfires are the same way. It is the inventory/desync lag from having so many recipes.

Would you be willing to work on a native linux build by sharing the source code? I'd be willing to give it a go, though I'm only an amature enthusiast, self taught, and new to linux myself. No desire to change anything in the mod, only try to sort it out for linux. I tend to learn best by doing, with a little reverse engineering and troubleshooting along the way, as required. :)

Would you be willing to work on a native linux build by sharing the source code?

The mod and the game already works on Linux as-is. I'm exclusively doing so 755 hours so far.

The only major issue is 16GB virtual memory size limit for the Unity3D version it use. As soon as this limit reached game crashes.

To install:

1. Install game normally via Steam
  2. Install git (depends on your flavor of Linux: apt-get git, yum install git, zypper in git, etc)
  3. Change to directory where the game is installed:
    cd "$HOME/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die"
  4. Get mod from GitHub (the example is for default mod version: 7-day horde with weather)
    git clone https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion.git
  5. Move all files into the correct location:
    mv MainVersion/* MainVersion/.* .

After you done this, just start game normally via Steam. If you want to have multiple concurrent version of the game with different mods, it's possible but more complicated.

Whenever Jax updates the mod all you need to do is:

cd "$HOME/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die"

git pull

I caught this in the log.

(Filename: Line: 1498)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'iMIGalilPreview') is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1655)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'iMIGalilPreview') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'iMIGalilPreview(Clone)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'iMIGalilPreview(Clone)') is missing!

So I was enjoying my 2nd play through, lvl 20ish, since I had to wipe my first play through where i was around lvl45. I killed 2 lumberjacks then died.. Tried to spawn on my bedrolll and game froze and crashed. Relaunched game, hit continue and hear my self die again. Then I hear myself shiver from the cold, then the option to spawn on bed or away pops up, i choose Spawn on bed, game freeze then crash. tried 4 more times, tried spawning on bed twice and away twice, plus reboot pc but nothing will let me back in my game... any help to get game going again appreciated otherwise i guessits time to give 7 another long breakl...

https://pastebin.com/S4Ggw9J0

So I was enjoying my 2nd play through, lvl 20ish, since I had to wipe my first play through where i was around lvl45. I killed 2 lumberjacks then died.. Tried to spawn on my bedrolll and game froze and crashed. Relaunched game, hit continue and hear my self die again. Then I hear myself shiver from the cold, then the option to spawn on bed or away pops up, i choose Spawn on bed, game freeze then crash. tried 4 more times, tried spawning on bed twice and away twice, plus reboot pc but nothing will let me back in my game... any help to get game going again appreciated otherwise i guessits time to give 7 another long breakl...

https://pastebin.com/S4Ggw9J0

That sounds like the Black Screen glitch. That's a vanilla issue and it happens VERY rarely but it does happen. You can try loading a backup. It can happen if you sit on the death screen too long or if you were killed by something with crazy hit damage numbers and the game miscalculates. Skippy and sphere know more about this.

Also sphereii has a program that fixes this on MP server but i do not know if it works on SP

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72088-Death-Loop-Fixer-for-Corrupted-Player-Profiles

We are considering adding Siriliions awesome HUD to our game and would like to know how you guys feel about it. Would you want to see the HUD in game, or perhaps as a separate download option in the first post?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42922-SMX-By-Sirillion

JaxTeller718 Error in version Ravenhearst_SDX_SP_21_Day_Blood_Moons. The horde arrived on the 7th and 14th days, although it should not have been.

Are you certain it was an actual horde? Zombies in the area will still turn feral on those days since they are already spawned in. Was it a horde that lasted all night?

That sounds like the Black Screen glitch. That's a vanilla issue and it happens VERY rarely but it does happen. You can try loading a backup. It can happen if you sit on the death screen too long or if you were killed by something with crazy hit damage numbers and the game miscalculates. Skippy and sphere know more about this.

Also sphereii has a program that fixes this on MP server but i do not know if it works on SP

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72088-Death-Loop-Fixer-for-Corrupted-Player-Profiles

Thx for the link, it worked!!

The mod and the game already works on Linux as-is. I'm exclusively doing so 755 hours so far.

The only major issue is 16GB virtual memory size limit for the Unity3D version it use. As soon as this limit reached game crashes.

Well, I got it all setup, but the memory issue just causes it to crash after startup, don't even need to try and start a game. Thanks for your help, though, vitamin! :)

Looks like there is still something wrong with that teddy bear quest. I've found a "dirty teddy bear" and it seemed to advanced to the next step. But now it still showing find teddy bear in my quest log. It does react with a sound when finding the next pieces though.

One more bug - the oven. Some recipes ask for beaker but there is no place to put it. Only a pan.

The HUD looks awesome! Would love to see it in the mod. Hopefully it will fix cut-off bike slots in the bike inventory view. And customizible storage box. Might be only an issue with 16:10 screen resolutions.

We are considering adding Siriliions awesome HUD to our game and would like to know how you guys feel about it. Would you want to see the HUD in game, or perhaps as a separate download option in the first post?

Consider this UI, its a butcher from SMX and zompact with my own flavor, very clean.

Alpha_16.3_2017-10-19_17-38-05.thumb.jpg.86114a96906bd4c3aea946b297e61be2.jpg

the xp bar is on the very bottom, show up good in game, also has the SMX by Siriliions minbike HUD. I think Ill call it the mutant SMX or how about the mutant Siriliions

Edited by Kaiser502 (see edit history)

@Kaiser502 NIce looking UI Mon, I'd use it. the only thing I don't like about current ui is the see through belt, it looks good but that green highlight is hard for me to see. I always scroll my mouse wheel when switching. Lol i try to get use to the hotkeys but I panic.. so glad they remapped "q" to "g"...

Belt

@Kaiser502 NIce looking UI Mon, I'd use it. the only thing I don't like about current ui is the see through belt, it looks good but that green highlight is hard for me to see. I always scroll my mouse wheel when switching. Lol i try to get use to the hotkeys but I panic.. so glad they remapped "q" to "g"...

Ya I trimed the buckles off the belt in valsmod to make it look cleaner and bring in the kill/Level counter. I also mabe the Level counter the same color as the xp bar so no mistaking what the little icon is for

I love his UI/HUD and i would definitely like to see it in Ravenhearst