Jax - Love the mod. Havent had this much fun playing the game since I first found it in Alpha 12ish.
One quick story - Love the bandit camp! We have been very confined to one city due to the difficulty of the mod. I am streaming with two of my buddies and one of my...more adventurous friends has decided that today is the day he is going to find another trader. All is fine, I am exploring our wasteland city, worst I have seen is two irradiated cops and a couple feral cowboys. Suddenly buddy is freaking out. Yelling, screaming and dead. We found our first bandit compound and he felt very safe with that. What we didnt know is a Feral Wight also lived there and wrecked his world. We then had to take a 5k walk together with only 7 hours until and kill the Wight together. Best moment I have had in a long time.
Here are the things we have loved:
- Bandit camps were amazing.
- Wasteland is scary enough. Irradiated cops were a surprise.
- Wide aggro range of zombies feels really nice. Very hard to sneak around them early.
- All the new POIs make cities feel way more diverse
- Ammo boxes are amazing - really needed early
- All the new items, quest, and surprises!
Things that I am not sure are specific to the mod or I dont know how I feel about them:
- Lag on some of the tables (Advanced Crafting, Food Table are the worse)
- Infection last too long. Its not even a little bit scary.
- Books for skills need to be doubled the loot rate (mining, scavaging, etc.)
Things that work fine but are hard to understand
- Getty messy happens really fast...if I am thinking walking dead, I dont know how killing a zombie can cause me to die so quickly.
- Tables: The tools needed for tables are always clear. Even if I could hover over them to tell me what they are this would be easier.
Things that are really hard for me and maybe they should be but I am making sure that is intended:
- I choose rifle class. I love it. Really hard to get into a POI early because I wake everything up
- Mini-bikes. Im almost level 40 and we still dont have mini-bikes because crafting tools 40 is a hard gate
- If playing single player, the classes would make this really hard. We just got our second class one player (Farmer). Dont know how we would have done it with one person
I am sure I will think of more but wanted to put it out there.