Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

JaxTeller718, I have some suggestions about mod balance.

1. In quest "Daryl Would Be Proud" we must kill zeds with certain weapons. Sequence is Wooden bow, Iron bow, Crossbow, Iron crossbow, Compound bow, Crossbow repeater. But when I raise Archery I get recipes in a different sequence: Iron bow (15 lvl), Crossbow (30 lvl), Compound bow (45 lvl), Iron crossbow (60 lvl). I think here is a mistake. Recipe with Iron crossbow must be given before recipe with Compound bow.

2. Please increase the probability of finding Ink Pen. I have over 300 Survivor notes but can't find Ink Pen.

3. Maybe let us to craft Twine, or change recipe for Towels. I was messy four times but Twines someday will be end.

- - - Updated - - -

This is vanilla's bug from ancient times )

That was most definitely a hold over from the days of pre-bow skills. I will look into changing it but I am unsure if doing so on already started games might bug the quest out. I will test it first.

As for Twine, nothing in this game is sacred when it comes to looting. Everything is craftable and in my opinion there should be a lot more things you have to scavenge to find.

My thought process behind that is not to punish any players or play styles. If people want to ask me what my biggest purpose when it came to making this mod, it would be Walking Dead. And I'm not talking the everlasting war with Saviors Walking Dead, but early day Walking Dead, where loot runs were a thing, and people had to scrounge everything they could to get by.

I know my mod is far from that right now. It used to be a bit more tough on that end. But too many are used to crafting everything that if you removed some of that then people stop playing. In my perfect mod things like ammo and fuel would be EXTREMELY difficult to craft and would REQUIRE loot runs to far away places. Gas stations would be VALUABLE and I would increase zombie spawns in them. Ammo crafting could still be a thing but perhaps making tips or casings or gunpowder uncraftable to add a scavenging aspect. We DID toy with the idea of having Ammo Benches world spawn ONLY so people had to go to a gas station to make bullets. It adds danger and forces you to plan your bullet making runs. But that was nixed pretty early by people.

Im an old school zombie fan so I love things like that. As for the armor skill, I think you may have found a pretty interesting solution BMT. I like the idea of armor giving off more XP as you get the higher tiers. It may take some f the grind away. The one thing I didn't want to do was re-enable spam crafting by adding xp for crafting the gear and I didn't want it to be JUST a perk to dump points in. I like Guppys old idea of finding books to level the skill so possibly I will make the Clothing skill a series of book only skill ups.

But yeah: Loot. I would LOVE to have a list of "scavenge only exclusives" that people need to make a list of before they go out and hunt.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

Cool, have that update by Monday. =)

Been working on it all day, and plan to continue over the weekend. I may even call it the Guppy Patch ;)

It looks like I may not be maintaining the 20K stacks and headshot removed files after 2.05 drops. I have way too many versions to maintain as is, and those were never intended to be part of our mod officially. I will leave those files up if people want to use them to make the changes themselves in the future.

My view as well Jax. I prefer more scavenging and less crafting / farming.

I can accept any rules if they have logic and if they add challenge. If rules say scavenge, than I will be a scavenger. In addition, I found this damn Ink pen!

Jax, Iron crossbow is being repaired by wood, I think it is not correct.

Missing Items for Farmer Class?

Not sure if there are some items missing from the farmer class starter pack. Re-started a game this morning and noticed it says that I should start with a blunderbuss and 100 Home-Made Ammo but I didn't get any when I opened the briefcase. I have screenshots if you want to see them :smile-new:

@JaxTeller718

Is it possible to change the backpack slot size?

Or is it possible to start with the vanilla slot size?

I really like that mod and we want to start a server game but nobody wants to play with a confusing 72 slot backpack.

Thanks for answer.

ps. I really like that "little big" bigger backpack size from the valmod mod.

I noticed when i was playing on your server jax that the rogue army and swat "bandits" were quite weak against both the player and the zombies. Perhaps you could increase their health and give their guns a buff against the zombies, especially since its headshots only. Spider uses this one in ts on the npc guns:

<!-- JZMOD Bandit Zombie Bonus -->

<buff id="banditBonus" mutex="isPlayer" duration="2" stack="extend">

<modify id="0" stat="health" amount="-150" rate="1" />

</buff>

Also, they seem to be packing more pistols than anything else. Perhaps a few more automatic rifles and doubled hp might deter players a bit more from using them as punching loot bags:boom:

ps. did you nerf their accuracy as well?

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

I noticed when i was playing on your server jax that the rogue army and swat "bandits" were quite weak against both the player and the zombies. Perhaps you could increase their health and give their guns a buff against the zombies, especially since its headshots only. Spider uses this one in ts on the npc guns:

<!-- JZMOD Bandit Zombie Bonus -->

<buff id="banditBonus" mutex="isPlayer" duration="2" stack="extend">

<modify id="0" stat="health" amount="-150" rate="1" />

</buff>

Also, they seem to be packing more pistols than anything else. Perhaps a few more automatic rifles and doubled hp might deter players a bit more from using them as punching loot bags:boom:

ps. did you nerf their accuracy as well?

Had to remove them from the wilderness. Some people had those red nulls near traders. Health wasnt lowered but with the way I have the headshots worked out they were probably too low on the health side. For example the common zombie is 525 hp on my server whereas they are about 300 i believe on vanilla so I probably needed to bump them.

You give me a version of the army guys that do not null traders I will add them back in a heartbeat. I didn't want to use travelling traders or remove trader protection as a work around.

I did lower the accuracy a bit. With the increased zombie difficulty and headshot only it was a bit frustrating to be getting one shot every single time with pistol bandits. You can't even sneak by them because in my mod i have the sight scale dialed up so zombies can sense you from surther away so I had to compensate. Not an issue with your mod, just a conflict with my own personal settings.

It would appear, at least to me from what I have seen, that if a bandit or NPC fires a bullet and it hits the trader protection it repeatedly nulls until you kill the npc or it faces away from a trader.

Unfortunately, they only need to spawn near a trader for the nre to happen and its quite a bad one. The workaround for me was what you mentioned above, removing the trader spawn block and/or the trader settlements and having only wandering traders. Someone else on the forum suggested a different fix in the dll i believe. I havent tried it out though:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75754-Trader-NRE-NPC-Fix

Otherwise, having them spawn only in certain pois seems to be the way to go.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

I love this mod.

as a suggestion,

-when opening the craft menu the fps are lowered.

-It would be good to say what day the hordes come as starvation.

-The double shotgun takes a long time to shoot after recharging.

-in the advanced work table also lowers the fps

Good job I like

Edited by Eduuu (see edit history)

So, I am confused. Is this mod able to be run on a dedicated server? The names imply that it can be but I have not been able to get the mod to run on a dedicated server without major issues that break the game. Then, looking at the Mod Launcher, I notice that that the files available there are single player only. I might be missing something here but I can install other mods on the server and locally and they run fine. What am I missing?

It's a bug

I was building in the middle of the woods.

Then I put three turret with generatorbank.

Then I licked everything out of nowhere 6 zombieScreamer

+ 5 zombieScreamer +20 zombie

+ 3 zombieScreamer + 10 zombie

+ 2 zombieScreamer + 15 zombie

it was infinite.......................

Wax and because of the generatorbank that attracted so much zombieScreamer?

Very good mod the best I've played until today.

Too bad my pc does not run all at most

Sorry my english ...

Edited by Proteus12 (see edit history)

has happened to me just escaping out of the box when i'm done without hitting R, also when hitting E to just exit.

not sure if jax can do anything about it or not, forget who made the mod initially but he had some troubles getting it to adapt.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't play this mod.

I installed and hit play with the 7DTD launcher, but when the world loads it's Vanilla and not modded.

Plz help, I'm watching G4K videos on this and I really want to try it for myself.

Had the same issue. Blue fang could not get it to work either. The launcher will run some of the others like without weather and 21 day blood moon in single player. Not sure what the issue is but figured it might just be me...