A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

About ready to start a new starvation game. Before I start could someone tell me if this is better on Navesgame or Random. The last time I played this game I was told it was designed more for Random.

Not sure but I don't like what random does to the cities. Was kinda leaning towards Navesgame this time but didn't want to lose out on the game.

Much better suited to random gen due to rad zone changes.

I tested it in Nav for A15 version and the radiation zone was a tiny border.

Too much fun in the rad zone to reduce it IMO.

Question: I overnighted outside the nuclear plant, and contracted radiation. Even after I die, I still have it as well. If there some easy first week way to get rid of it, or do I just need to start a new game?

On my character page,m there isn't any listed cure or solution, and the radiation wiki page is blank.

I'm pretty sure swimming helps remove it.

About ready to start a new starvation game. Before I start could someone tell me if this is better on Navesgame or Random. The last time I played this game I was told it was designed more for Random.

Not sure but I don't like what random does to the cities. Was kinda leaning towards Navesgame this time but didn't want to lose out on the game.

RWG has more buildings available to it than does Navezgane. So there is a wider variety of what you see. Also, Navezgane is a much smaller map than RWG.

What's going on with the horde every seven days?

In the Alpha15 Starvation Mod I had demons, stone crusher, radioactive spiders and scoprione.

There is nothing more in the Alpha16 Stavation Mod. Where did the monsters go on Horde Night?

Please dear programmers give us the night of the hordes again with all the monsters as in the Alpha 15.... Please.

Greetings Asrac

In the Alpha15 Starvation Mod I had demons, stone crusher, radioactive spiders and scoprione.

There is nothing more in the Alpha16 Stavation Mod. Where did the monsters go on Horde Night?

Please dear programmers give us the night of the hordes again with all the monsters as in the Alpha 15.... Please.

Greetings Asrac

I think the bosses show up but at later gamestages now. I loved having a boss on day 7 back in A15 as well. I think they should still show up as well, really punish unprepared players... Especially if the Beastmaster shows up. He's probably the hardest one due to rad spiders and rad scorpions having so much health, and he usually summons another one before you have time to kill the first one until you get better weapons.

I think the bosses show up but at later gamestages now. I loved having a boss on day 7 back in A15 as well. I think they should still show up as well, really punish unprepared players... Especially if the Beastmaster shows up. He's probably the hardest one due to rad spiders and rad scorpions having so much health, and he usually summons another one before you have time to kill the first one until you get better weapons.

i hear that you must raise the difficulty level to the max in current version for it to happen like what you wished it to.

I'm looking to make the antivenom but to do so I need to make snake venom which comes from rattlesnakes. I'm assuming carving up snakes I've killed should give me that? I tried multiple times maybe I'm unlucky?

yes, its a rare harvest from snakes, but it's the only option to get that.

Greetings Asrac

There is only 1 boss that can spawn on Bloodmoon (at least until very very high gamestages) , per the decision of the Dev team. Even that 1 boss won't arrive until GS 1000+. In A16 all the other bosses are linked to POIs or quests.

If you want the other bosses to show up on bloodmoons, you can easily add them back into the bloodmoon spawner, or let the team know what you think is a better system.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

hi devs, great mod would really like and answer to this one?

Howdy, I'm not a dev but...multiple farmers works fine for me.

I have my famers inpairs sharing a fridge/icebox. It looks like they are limited to an 8x8 radius though so I've spread my groups out a bit.

Cheers

Two questions:

1. Advanced crossbow can't shoot through trussing (and presumably other similar blocks). Will this be addressed in future releases? Or is this behavior intentional?

2. On our server (created at 16.3 and updated to 16.4), I can't find any power plants or NPCs/bandits other than fishermen. What gives? The seed is conservative and within standards - nothing wild about it. So I can't imagine something as dramatic as this would be caused by a normal seed. Imagine my surprised when I spend time getting people to try out Starvation only to find out a couple of weeks into their time that they don't have the advanced features of the game in our server. Can this be fixed? Any way to confirm? What's the resolution?

Howdy, I'm not a dev but...multiple farmers works fine for me.

I have my famers inpairs sharing a fridge/icebox. It looks like they are limited to an 8x8 radius though so I've spread my groups out a bit.

Cheers

Thanks for the info, are these supplied from the same icebox ? Did you upgrade your icebox before of after placing the farmer.

Lack of doco makes the mechanics very unclear to if I am not.doing it right or experiencing a bug

Also is anyone having issues with the insert key and installing weapon mods, myself and 2 friends just receive a console error ?

Edited by Cakesonaplane (see edit history)

Two questions:

1. Advanced crossbow can't shoot through trussing (and presumably other similar blocks). Will this be addressed in future releases? Or is this behavior intentional?

2. On our server (created at 16.3 and updated to 16.4), I can't find any power plants or NPCs/bandits other than fishermen. What gives? The seed is conservative and within standards - nothing wild about it. So I can't imagine something as dramatic as this would be caused by a normal seed. Imagine my surprised when I spend time getting people to try out Starvation only to find out a couple of weeks into their time that they don't have the advanced features of the game in our server. Can this be fixed? Any way to confirm? What's the resolution?

I dont think any crossbow fires through trussblocks. Crossbows use the launcher class, which that block collides with.

Sounds like back luck...most npcs are inside buildings or bunkers, few walk around.

Two questions:

Just as a followup to what Xyth told you - and it probably just is bad luck.. the use of game name as a seed can get you some pretty badly randomized rwg but you did not perhaps add a combo pack or other mod along with starvation? If you added a combo pack and the rwgmixer that goes with it without merging the rwgmixer from the combo pack with the rwgmixer from starvation that would be an issue that would cause this problem. Just copying in a rwgmixer from a combo pack in will over write the custom rwgmixer for Starvation and you will get none of the Starvation POI's and without them you will not get spawning of most NPCs and Bandits.

If that is what happened then the fix is to but a fresh copy of the rwmixer.xml that comes with Starvation and either do without the combo pack or manually merge the edits made to the rwgmixer.xml for the combo pack that are different from vanilla and add them to the rwgmixer from Starvation. If any edit conflicts - in other words both versions change a line then you will have to not include that line from the combo pack rwgmixer and do without those POIs

Edited by rentechd (see edit history)

Just as a followup to what Xyth told you - and it probably just is bad luck.. the use of game name as a seed can get you some pretty badly randomized rwg but you did not perhaps add a combo pack or other mod along with starvation? If you added a combo pack and the rwgmixer that goes with it without merging the rwgmixer from the combo pack with the rwgmixer from starvation that would be an issue that would cause this problem. Just copying in a rwgmixer from a combo pack in will over write the custom rwgmixer for Starvation and you will get none of the Starvation POI's and without them you will not get spawning of most NPCs and Bandits.

If that is what happened then the fix is to but a fresh copy of the rwmixer.xml that comes with Starvation and either do without the combo pack or manually merge the edits made to the rwgmixer.xml for the combo pack that are different from vanilla and add them to the rwgmixer from Starvation. If any edit conflicts - in other words both versions change a line then you will have to not include that line from the combo pack rwgmixer and do without those POIs

Thanks, I'll have to look into this rwgmixer.xml further. I used the instructions provided by the Starvation team: download the mod tool and deploy from there.

As for regular crossbows shooting through trussing: it does work. I tested it immediately after noting the advanced crossbow does not.

Thanks guys.

If anyone else has info to add - PLEASE, I am all ears!

Thanks, I'll have to look into this rwgmixer.xml further. I used the instructions provided by the Starvation team: download the mod tool and deploy from there.

As for regular crossbows shooting through trussing: it does work. I tested it immediately after noting the advanced crossbow does not.

Thanks guys.

If anyone else has info to add - PLEASE, I am all ears!

hi Xyth, i can confirm on the advanced crossbow issue as well. it even cannot goes pass the normal wood frame. while ordinary crossbow or bow can.

Any fix or news on gas system?

Why does it tell after certain length "Parent not defined" when placing according the rule: 9 pipes and a valve?

And some sections working some not.

Update:

Alright Played with these system enough- Here's my feedback:

Its a very interesting concept when it works! The 10 pipe limitation has to go. Electricity(vanilla) has no such limitation and therefore its very unintuitive to place this as you have to always count- you can adjust- that's not the problem- but why not update to how electricity works. The limits may explain why these systems have so much bugs and often fail- random tiles go on and off. Game moves on as development goes- and these system have to have an update as well.

After a horde night 49 max difficulty 64 Here are the results:

1. Heat system. Good for machinery not so good for traps. I would say spike traps are the weakest- they can kill a dog but anything bigger than a dog gets free pass.

w72a8y.png

2. Gas system is far my favorite. burn traps!- very cool effect at night however medium+ Zombies only get roasted. So far the most durable system. Is it horde proof? Definitely no. Is it fun? Oh yes!

1110zkh.png

3. Tested value. Good old boring static spikes. Not only did they survive 4 Horde Bosses they survived the whole 49 Day Horde. They can take quite a beating but they do kill some of the zombies not to mention they are ideal for cutting their legs off.

21j0w0x.png

Sum-up:

Gas and Heat systems are essential for their original purpose- for machines that require them. They are fun to play with base defense(roaming hordes) but they are very expensive to build- involve lots of time and patience- however their practical use at Horde nights is very low. Zombies brake them easily and once a line is cut a whole section goes dark. Nothing beats good old spikes- for now....

Edited by zingo2 (see edit history)

hi Xyth, i can confirm on the advanced crossbow issue as well. it even cannot goes pass the normal wood frame. while ordinary crossbow or bow can.

Thanks for confirming, I'll have a look.

I don't have time to test today due to holiday, but try adding this to the property class=Action 0 (insert a line under launcher and paste that line in) of that weapon: <property name="Hitmask_override" value="Arrow" />

Let me know if that sorts it.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Two more questions:

1. Is there a way to admin spawn a power plant? Or are you strictly at the mercy of RGW at initial generation and "it is what it is" from then on?

2. Is there any way to take the character data of one server (ie. your developed skills/qualities) and import that to a new world?

Two more questions:

1. Is there a way to admin spawn a power plant? Or are you strictly at the mercy of RGW at initial generation and "it is what it is" from then on?

2. Is there any way to take the character data of one server (ie. your developed skills/qualities) and import that to a new world?

1. StompyNZ's API mod for servers allows POI's to be manually spawned in, other similar programs allow the same I believe, maybe check out his mod in General Mods and ask in his thread if you have any issues or need help.

2. Yes it is possible, I know GuppyCur did it on his server for us during experimental. May just be a case of copying the player data to the new game folder or similar.

Best I can do in answering these, I don't manage a server so can't personally assist sorry.

Thanks for trying, dude. I appreciate it. I'll look into StompyNZ's mod.

With regard to player data, I suppose I could play with it - I was just curious if anyone had tried successfully. Players aren't fond of starting from scratch. Some don't mind - but if you have to do it often because of updates it gets discouraging.

<prefab name="PowerPlant" max_count="1" />

<prefab name="pacco_settlement" max_count="1" />

<prefab name="bandit_refinery" max_count="1" />

Is this normal?

My question was answered on Discord. In case in helps others, the answer is that this is normal, as it only means these limits are applied to the wilderness biome.