A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

We gave up on the smith station and the diesel.. its far easier to just mine some shale and use the chemical station. So far the smith station is the only one that really has issues we've run into.

Oh, incase they don't know, they don't have controller support button selection for the popup menus... you have to use kb/mouse for them.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem we saw was we had all the parts, but the diesel didn't highlight like it could be crafted. We tried every common kb/mouse to select it to craft, but nothing looked like it did anything. Do you have to level up the smith at the station before he will make specific items?

If you see a recipe but it is greyed out that means he knows it but it is beyond his current level. So yes, you need to level him up to be able to craft it.

We gave up on the smith station and the diesel.. its far easier to just mine some shale and use the chemical station. So far the smith station is the only one that really has issues we've run into.

Oh, incase they don't know, they don't have controller support button selection for the popup menus... you have to use kb/mouse for them.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem we saw was we had all the parts, but the diesel didn't highlight like it could be crafted. We tried every common kb/mouse to select it to craft, but nothing looked like it did anything. Do you have to level up the smith at the station before he will make specific items?

From my experience level up the npc to 15 by making other parts. Then you should be able to pick the diesel generator to fabricate.

Great job on the mod as my players are having a blast as well as myself. This is what Vanilla should be, not that watered down version thats far too easy. Have a private server up and running with 13 people on at peak times. Is there any plans for EAC to be enabled for the mod or is it not possible?

Also is there any way for the Rhino to become more dangerous than the hyena? Currently the rhino falls way too easily as compared to the hyena

Edited by Pizzalicious (see edit history)

Great job on the mod as my players are having a blast as well as myself. This is what Vanilla should be, not that watered down version thats far too easy. Have a private server up and running with 13 people on at peak times. Is there any plans for EAC to be enabled for the mod or is it not possible?

Also is there any way for the Rhino to become more dangerous than the hyena? Currently the rhino falls way too easily as compared to the hyena

I don't believe its possible atm as many of the core game files have to be modified for the mod to be what it is. EAC sees the modified game files as hacking the game.

Trader missing from map

Has anyone else had their trader disappear? I tried to locate my original trader and it said something could not be located. I've travelled far and wide looking for an alternative trader but have not located any. Is this a known bug or am I just special?

Thought I was reading that was in this mod that you place the radio and you can put your music in the game from some folder created in the starvation game..

Maybe I'm confusing it with something else

I used to play Mortelentus' radio mod in a previous alpha and indeed it was possible to play music out of a folder you can specify in the xml.

There is a youtube video about the starvation radio where you can hear the music so I think it should be working in starvation as well but I can't find how.

Also I read somewhere you can interact with the radio (on/off) but that's also not working for me.

I put the music directory in the xml: <property name="MusicDirectory" value="D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Radio" />

And off course I put a few mp3's in that directory but nothing changes in game

Does someone know how to get the radio to work?

Thanks in advance!

I used to play Mortelentus' radio mod in a previous alpha and indeed it was possible to play music out of a folder you can specify in the xml.

There is a youtube video about the starvation radio where you can hear the music so I think it should be working in starvation as well but I can't find how.

Also I read somewhere you can interact with the radio (on/off) but that's also not working for me.

I put the music directory in the xml: <property name="MusicDirectory" value="D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Radio" />

And off course I put a few mp3's in that directory but nothing changes in game

Does someone know how to get the radio to work?

Thanks in advance!

All right i fixed my own problem :D

If you want the working radio you have to change blocks.xml from

<!--property name="Class" value="Radio, Mods" /-->

<property name="Class" value="Radio, Mods" />

to

<property name="Class" value="Radio, Mods" />

<!--property name="Class" value="Radio, Mods" /-->

In game hold the use key to turn the radio on or off. Like unlocking a chest.

Probably this feature is turned off by default because the xml points to a local directory so not meant for server play.

Has anyone else had their trader disappear? I tried to locate my original trader and it said something could not be located. I've travelled far and wide looking for an alternative trader but have not located any. Is this a known bug or am I just special?

If you are an admin/server owner you can try using the command: traderarea while next to the broken trader

This is supposed to reset the traders in Vanilla, although it doesnt work 1/2 the time. You can also use the command: se

and this will spawn a trader using the correct id number where you want to place it aka: se xxx with xxx being the correct id #

Hey guys

I found a bug with the "big forge" (maybe with forge too) where i can smelt any item in a few seconds. That was already reported? If not, i could do a video o write a step to reproduce.

This is a vanilla bug. I am able to reproduce on the forge.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

This is a great mod! I've been having loads of fun playing it the last few weeks!

I have run into a bit of a problem though. I've seen mentioned in the forums there is a donkey that is a reward from one of the quests. From what I can tell there is a Farmer NPC that gives the quest, but I cannot find him. Looking through the .xml files, I think the farmer spawns in a prefab called 'FarmerPrefab', but I haven't seen it anywhere. I just checked with over a dozen seeds today using the random gen previewer, and in creative mode with the FINDFARMER item. Nothing.

This has left me with a few questions:

Is this prefab super rare or is there an issue with rwgmixer.xml? (I know I have found it in alpha 15, and only found one video on Youtube where someone got the donkey in A15. Haven't found anything for A16 yet.)

Does the Farmer NPC spawn anywhere else?

Has anyone else found the farmer that gives the quest? (And if so if would be helpful to have the seed of the map and coordinates)

This is a great mod! I've been having loads of fun playing it the last few weeks!

I have run into a bit of a problem though. I've seen mentioned in the forums there is a donkey that is a reward from one of the quests. From what I can tell there is a Farmer NPC that gives the quest, but I cannot find him. Looking through the .xml files, I think the farmer spawns in a prefab called 'FarmerPrefab', but I haven't seen it anywhere. I just checked with over a dozen seeds today using the random gen previewer, and in creative mode with the FINDFARMER item. Nothing.

This has left me with a few questions:

Is this prefab super rare or is there an issue with rwgmixer.xml? (I know I have found it in alpha 15, and only found one video on Youtube where someone got the donkey in A15. Haven't found anything for A16 yet.)

Does the Farmer NPC spawn anywhere else?

Has anyone else found the farmer that gives the quest? (And if so if would be helpful to have the seed of the map and coordinates)

You have to build a radio tower and that will call survivors to your settlement. Thats more of an mid/end game feature. if your lucky you will find a donkey in loot.

wenn man weis wie is es einfach aber lنuft jz auf G-portal

its running on G-poortal

for help ask/für hilfe einfach fragen

My server is not from GPortal, i have a root server.

I have installed vanilla 7days - it works. i can joine and play.

Now I copy the server files of the mod - start the server, but the message is in the client is:

SERVER IS STILL INITIALIZING , PLS TRY AGAIN IN A MINUTE!

The last Log from server is:

GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2017-12-10T10:44:44 70.833 INF StartAsServer
2017-12-10T10:44:44 70.980 INF createWorld: Random Gen, dwqdwTgsdtFTd, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.KH (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.147 INF [NET] PlayerConnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName=''
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.357 INF PlayerLogin: xxxx/Alpha 16.4
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.358 INF Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.363 INF Kicking player (Server is still initializing): EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxxx'
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.511 INF [NET] PlayerDisconnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.512 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at ConnectionManager.DisconnectClient (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Boolean _bShutdown) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at ConnectionManager.Net_PlayerDisconnected (.ClientInfo _cInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at NetworkServerUnity.OnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at Steam.OnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.865 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
 at ConnectionManager.DisconnectClient (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Boolean _bShutdown) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameUtils+QI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found! ??

Edited by InsertDisk2 (see edit history)

Has anyone else had their mod only weapons get stuck in the attachment menu? For me it started with the advanced crossbow. I dont even know which key accesses this menu while weapon is equiped. Hitting esc gets me out for a second but it goes straight back to it....

My server is not from GPortal, i have a root server.

I have installed vanilla 7days - it works. i can joine and play.

Now I copy the server files of the mod - start the server, but the message is in the client is:

SERVER IS STILL INITIALIZING , PLS TRY AGAIN IN A MINUTE!

The last Log from server is:

GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2017-12-10T10:44:44 70.833 INF StartAsServer
2017-12-10T10:44:44 70.980 INF createWorld: Random Gen, dwqdwTgsdtFTd, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.KH (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.147 INF [NET] PlayerConnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName=''
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.357 INF PlayerLogin: xxxx/Alpha 16.4
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.358 INF Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.363 INF Kicking player (Server is still initializing): EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxxx'
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.511 INF [NET] PlayerDisconnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.512 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
 at ConnectionManager.Net_PlayerDisconnected (.ClientInfo _cInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at NetworkServerUnity.OnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer _player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at Steam.OnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-12-10T10:45:26 112.865 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='xxxxx', OwnerID='', PlayerName='xxxx'
 at GameUtils+QI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found! ??

This isn't much info to go on. Everything is normal except it seems it failed to find or load the Starvation blocks. Usually this means you didnt copy all the starvation dedicated server files and over write the vanilla ones on the server.

This isn't much info to go on. Everything is normal except it seems it failed to find or load the Starvation blocks. Usually this means you didnt copy all the starvation dedicated server files and over write the vanilla ones on the server.

Thank you for your answer!

I have no idea, it is not the first 7Days server that I use with mods.

The installation of the Vanilla server works fine, i download this server files:

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer

And copy the dirs from the zip:

/7DaysToDieServer_Data

/Data

/Mods

to the same server dirs and overwrite existing files.

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.27

Multiple Tweaks and Fixes

• Changed rubber recipe to use scrapRubber
  • Removed brokenGlass recipe from forge
  • MacheteBlade weight incorrect so scraping for 90% loss.
  • Increased scrapIron requirement to make emptycan on lathe to fix exploit.
  • Added repair xml code to steelBars
  • Very slight increase to gauges in loot
  • Slight increase to chance of finding a snake item, as vanilla snakes dont drop this.
  • Icons for chains, goulash and pizza
  • Reduced number of Cops in all hordes by 25%
  • Fixed many localization workstation entries
  • Reduced the amount of zinc needed to make brass from 5 to 2.
  • Multiple minor fixes.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.