A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

How do you fire up the turbines at the nuclear power plants now? I've got the reactors fired up with Uranium and the steel rings but the turbines state that they need a component of some sort. Google and forum searches seem to turn up nothing and Youtube only shows outdated info on how it all used to work... Any help on what I need to put into the turbine to make it work?

If I remember correctly, the quest says a single steel ring and a single enriched Uranium per side, but in reality you need 2x steel sings and 2x enriched Uranium per side. Let me know if that helps.

Well it wasnt working so I put a stack of 100 rings and uranium in to see if it just wasnt enough. That did not work. I left the game up for an hour or two and still could not turn the turbine on. Today, when I loaded the game up, the turbine fired up without issue... guess the game just needed to be restarted?

Is Starvation mod have increased blood horde moons?

I wanted to start playing. But in vanilla I have blood horde moons at 200-250 zombies.

Are the hordes increased for harder difficulty?

First you should configure the size of you bloodmoon horde according to what you want. Default is like 8 - a very wimpy horde. We usually set ours to at least 36. The bloodmoon horse are different fro starvation you get up in level of bloodmoon as you get starvation bosses that show up and in the very high ones mutliple bosses.

Many still have the old fashion idea that a horde is just programmed in for the day and that is no longer the case. Hordes, whether its bloodmoon or wander etc does depend on you game stage computation. There are some configuration changes you can make to give you a chance at tougher horde such as picking your game level difficulty and how large your horses are and how big a bloodmoon is but if you gamestage is lower you will not get a big bad bloodmoon horde.

Any way to fix the blood moon hordes so it's a constant horde throughout the night. And not a good start and then just trickles for 4 hours....

You have to talk to TFP about that - that is not a starvation thing but how the game is reacting and computing your game stage and what you have configured on your game/server for how many can be alive . With the default setting the hordes are very small and as soon as they are all sent out you get no more. Even ir you up your bloodmoon setting to something higher then 8 if you have been living at home and not killing a lot of zombies and just prepping for day 7 your game stage number is going to be pretty low and therefore the game is going to send you a very easy horde - thinking that you are not prepared. Game stage is a computation that takes into consideration how many z's you have killed, how many times you have die, how many skills you have, what level you are and a bunch of other things. That and the configuration set on your game or server can determined how many zombies you get in a horde. That given horde 7 and 14 are always going to be easy because it takes into consideration the game has just started - not that it is started by seasoned players.

You can have the potential for hordes that last all night - but it won't happen on day 7 or 14 and it will depends on your settings and on your game stages. If you stay at a default of 8 for bloodmoon you will always have a very small pool for your bloodmoon horde and you will exhausted it easily and then maybe get a dribble of one or two zombies on and off the rest of the night - if anymore come at all. There is not a bunch of editing that has to be done - its a matter of simply knowing how to handle you serverconfig file and how to configure your game/server. This is vanilla level stuff - had nothing to do with starvation and does not require editing the game. The other thing it requires is that people have to play the game and build up good game stages. Your game stage depends on how you play the game and its very possible that someone that spends more time building an crafting will have a much lower game stage then someone out there fighting and looting and dying. You could spend 21 weeks building a fantastically fortified base that you would not need because your game stage is low enough since you were not out fighting that you are not going to see a tough horde.

The only difference that Starvation makes to the bloodmoon is the addition of the bosses (one per bloodmoon until higher level). Otherwise bloodmoons use the same calculations as vanilla for the bloodmoon or wandering horse

- - - Updated - - -

Getting errors. No screamers, No wandering hordes, No airdrop bosses. Console error: No place to spawn! Solution?

Sounds like a bad installation

You have to talk to TFP about that - that is not a starvation thing but how the game is reacting and computing your game stage and what you have configured on your game/server for how many can be alive . With the default setting the hordes are very small and as soon as they are all sent out you get no more. Even ir you up your bloodmoon setting to something higher then 8 if you have been living at home and not killing a lot of zombies and just prepping for day 7 your game stage number is going to be pretty low and therefore the game is going to send you a very easy horde - thinking that you are not prepared. Game stage is a computation that takes into consideration how many z's you have killed, how many times you have die, how many skills you have, what level you are and a bunch of other things. That and the configuration set on your game or server can determined how many zombies you get in a horde. That given horde 7 and 14 are always going to be easy because it takes into consideration the game has just started - not that it is started by seasoned players.

You can have the potential for hordes that last all night - but it won't happen on day 7 or 14 and it will depends on your settings and on your game stages. If you stay at a default of 8 for bloodmoon you will always have a very small pool for your bloodmoon horde and you will exhausted it easily and then maybe get a dribble of one or two zombies on and off the rest of the night - if anymore come at all. There is not a bunch of editing that has to be done - its a matter of simply knowing how to handle you serverconfig file and how to configure your game/server. This is vanilla level stuff - had nothing to do with starvation and does not require editing the game. The other thing it requires is that people have to play the game and build up good game stages. Your game stage depends on how you play the game and its very possible that someone that spends more time building an crafting will have a much lower game stage then someone out there fighting and looting and dying. You could spend 21 weeks building a fantastically fortified base that you would not need because your game stage is low enough since you were not out fighting that you are not going to see a tough horde.

The only difference that Starvation makes to the bloodmoon is the addition of the bosses (one per bloodmoon until higher level). Otherwise bloodmoons use the same calculations as vanilla for the bloodmoon or wandering horse

>>> That's the only thing I'm worried about. I would just remove and replace the gamestages of starvation with guppycurs blood moon fix. But it would remove bosses. I already have the hordes at 64 and changed the config to this

<config startingWeight="1" scavengerGameDifficultyBonus="0" adventurerGameDifficultyBonus="0.1" nomadGameDifficultyBonus="0.2" warriorGameDifficultyBonus="0.6" survivalistGameDifficultyBonus="1.0" insaneGameDifficultyBonus="1.5" daysAliveDifficultyBonus="0.10" daysAliveChangeWhenKilled="0" diminishingReturns="0.0" />

So I was jut curious if there was a line/s I can find in the game stage folder to increase without having to remove the bosses. But make it so theres alot more zombies and theres no trickle but a constant horde all night.

Does anyone else have a problem with fishing? i have gone through 18 fishing rods in the past days and different kinds of lure, but i always get the message that i caught nothing.

BTW. the quest for making the small lure shows the wrong amount of moldy bread (quest says 1, you need 2)

So I was jut curious if there was a line/s I can find in the game stage folder to increase without having to remove the bosses. But make it so theres alot more zombies and theres no trickle but a constant horde all night.

What you can do is to delete all gamestage XML entries below say... 600 in the blood moon gamestage list, and then change stage="600" entry to stage="1".

When gamestage is calculated, it looks for the nearest entry rounded down. So gamestages 1 to 599 will round down to gamestage 1 (which is now a much tougher horde) and then when you get to 600 it will start ticking up from there. So you can make your stage raise faster if you want the tougher hordes to come more quickly.

To stop trickle, change the maxAlive from 1 to 30 or whatever value you want on the ZombiesNight group at the end of each gamestage entry.

Y

Sounds like a bad installation

No. We have played for 80 days and things started happen recently. It only happens when one of my friends is online. He gets no screamers or wandering hordes. Console errors as,

Error: no place to spawn!

and

Scout spawning failed, FindHordeTargets() returned false!

We do not want to wipe his character as it must exist another solution

Anyone knows how to tweak the xml files? When i try to change them they get overwritten when starting the mod and if i set the files to read only i get an error upon starting.

If you use the refresh mod check in the mod launcher, any changes you made in the relevant directory created by the mod launcher when it installed the mod, before you run the mod launcher, will be overwritten. So uncheck the refresh mod check box after the mod is installed.. Keep copies of your changes and swap in the code - not the whole xml - after any updates if you do run the refresh mod option.

What you can do is to delete all gamestage XML entries below say... 600 in the blood moon gamestage list, and then change stage="600" entry to stage="1".

When gamestage is calculated, it looks for the nearest entry rounded down. So gamestages 1 to 599 will round down to gamestage 1 (which is now a much tougher horde) and then when you get to 600 it will start ticking up from there. So you can make your stage raise faster if you want the tougher hordes to come more quickly.

To stop trickle, change the maxAlive from 1 to 30 or whatever value you want on the ZombiesNight group at the end of each gamestage entry.

Oh. Okay so ZOMBIE NIGHT is the trickle.... So change that to a higher number. Gotcha! Thanks I'll try it out!

Is there a reason that getting rabbits and chickens from traps only works if you have space in your backpack? It does not work if the only free slots are on the task bar, the rabbits or chickens vanish. Similar thing happens with wheat, you can only load the box traps if the wheat seeds are in your back pack.

So why do my guards keep disappearing? I have place and lost 6 guard stations, they have food but after returning from a loot trip 2 out of the 3 I have placed always seem to be gone. Additionally when they do fire at something there is a high probability I will get spammed with console errors. I took their guns away to prevent it and was going to keep them just for "looks" but getting kind of tired of replacing them every time I return home.....

Edit: If it helps any my console repeatedly says "guardworkscript: guard has no inventory" Repeating itself indefinitely

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

Hello, I can not play 7DTD Starvation. Tried a lot of options, it does not help. So, in the original 7DTD of STEAM, I can play if in the launcher settings I click "Switch to 32 bits" and remove the daw "use easyanticheat (EAC)". In other cases, the game crashes, rarely reaching the loading of the character. 7DTD Starvation was able to reach the download of the character, with "64 bit game engine version" and without EAC. In other cases, the game takes off even earlier. Help me, what do I do, I really want to play.

Man just doing my first run throw of this mod and i have to say - amazing! Even stuff like putting kettles on the cooker and how they appear - great immersion.

My only comment would be;

- Quest chains that unlock new items and recipes. Currently it's a bit overwhelming as you have a lot of the modded content available from the get go. It would be nice to be taught about the new cookers, recipes and stuff.

- Make some of the modded item recipes a bit more interested. I some how managed to make a blender / kettle / meat grinder all in my inventory with just the resources and no need for tools ha! A least make me use the anvil :-)

Amazing work!

So was wondering if someone could shine some light on power lines?

Currently on a server where a couple are trying to start up the power plant to use the machines. How do you run power to them? Normal wire tool?

Thanks.

Correct. You use the vanilla Wire Tool and Relays to get power lines run now.