A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

In the items file, a lot of things still use the old A15 skills Weapon Smithing, Gun Smithing and Tool Smithing - those need to be replaced with the new craftSkill...; and in case of the recipe books, that skillgain should be deleted.

ETA: also found instances of "Science" crafting skill, Misc Crafting and Armor Smithing.

ETA2: the armor skills like Light and Heavy Armor, Clothing, Tailoring and Leatherworking don't exist anymore either.

Thank you for the reports. Preparing a patch with a couple of quick xml patches.

Man you DEV's SUCK!!! How you going to make a grown straight man decide "Should I take the Vibrator or come back for it?" Lmao!!

Also, I too have the constant sound of buzzing around me, mostly noticeably when game paused. (And no its not the vibrator, I left it :p)

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.23 quick patch

• fixed crafting and action skill names
  • fixed meditation carpet economic value
  • bat should now show properly.
  • added meditation perks and skills
    • Stress Resistence
      • improves with regular game play
      • grants passive meditation recovery

[*]Zen Master

• unlocks meditation carpet receipt at level 7
      • improves the speed at which meditation kicks in without the meditation carpet.
      • REMEMBER YOU CAN MEDITATE ANYTIME ANYWHERE, just takes time to kick in.

[*]Courage

• unlocks black shades receipt.
      • increases your resistence to stress... Lower and fewer sanity hits.

[*]trash bags with flies, are using vanilla mesh until we can make sure the sound is ok.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.23 quick patch

• fixed crafting and action skill names
  • fixed meditation carpet economic value
  • bat should now show properly.
  • added meditation perks and skills
    • Stress Resistence
      • improves with regular game play
      • grants passive meditation recovery

[*]Zen Master

• unlocks meditation carpet receipt at level 7
      • improves the speed at which meditation kicks in without the meditation carpet.
      • REMEMBER YOU CAN MEDITATE ANYTIME ANYWHERE, just takes time to kick in.

[*]Courage

• unlocks black shades receipt.
      • increases your resistence to stress... Lower and fewer sanity hits.

[*]trash bags with flies, are using vanilla mesh until we can make sure the sound is ok.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

Hey Mortelentus, when will the server repository get the update? :)

How to disable spawn of spiders? In a 15 all needed parameters were in entitygroups.xml but it seems like they are no longer there. Also, does instructions on how to revert farming to vanilla still work in A 16 (Change MorteTreeGrowing,Mods and MortePlantGrowing,Mods to PlantGrowing / MortePlantGrown to CropsGrown in Blocks.xml). Thx in advance for answer:)

hi, have been waiting ages for this A16 update, and im probably being just super special right now, but when im in spherris mod launcher and i launch starvation, it keeps putting me into just normal 7D2D. ive deleted game in steam and redownloaded then redownloaded in mod launcher, and ive updated starvation mod multiple times but still no change. can anybody help me?

I always stumble when setting up modded servers I grabbed files from the hub and I get this error in the log. Can someone spot my stupid mistake?:

2017-10-22T08:52:25 94.839 INF StartAsServer

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2017-10-22T08:52:25 95.006 INF createWorld: Navezgane, My Game, GameModeSurvivalMP

at Block.GetBlockValue (System.String _blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.XC (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+WQ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I always stumble when setting up modded servers I grabbed files from the hub and I get this error in the log. Can someone spot my stupid mistake?:

2017-10-22T08:52:25 94.839 INF StartAsServer

2017-10-22T08:52:25 95.006 INF createWorld: Navezgane, My Game, GameModeSurvivalMP

at Block.GetBlockValue (System.String _blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.XC (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+WQ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I think you're running client files on server, can you confirm?

Is navezgane supported under Starvation?

I may be I unzipped the server files and then dropped them into the steamapps/7dtd/ folder ontop of what was there and overwrote when asked.

Setting this up on a virtual machine without graphics. I just grabbed the mod launcher and it will not launch till I load netframework 4 so off to do that. Well that did not work I get an error application is improperly formatted. Will try copying the 7dtdserver_data into the 7dtd_data folder. nope will uninstall all and start fresh. Ok restarting on the delted and reinstall because just letting steam do it left files behind. Maybe because it is loading the default serverconfig.xml will look if I should be using a different one. Maybe if I copy my working single player from my gaming machine over to the virtual machine the copy the dedicated server files over. Nope well will try setting up a plain unmodded server that I can getinto and then move starvation files into it. ok unmodded works will copy starvation files in make sure serverconfig is set for random and easy cheat off. Nope same error gonna step away for a second.

Edited by jasonsaffle13 (see edit history)