A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Water. I need water.

I've long noted, hoping it would be fixed by now, that it often just doesn't rain. Forest and pine forest biomes. Is there any fix for this, to make it rain more often? I know about the command console, but I'd like to get it to rain once in a while without cheating it in. And without rain, rain catchers do nothing.

I've long noted, hoping it would be fixed by now, that it often just doesn't rain. Forest and pine forest biomes. Is there any fix for this, to make it rain more often? I know about the command console, but I'd like to get it to rain once in a while without cheating it in. And without rain, rain catchers do nothing.

I'm pretty sure the weather setting in Starvation are all vanilla, but I will check. If other folks are having this issue, we can take a look at making some small adjustments in a future patch.

Still at it trying to get Starvation dedicated up and running.

So on my DL380 G7 box running ESXI to run PFsense, Minecraft, Forge modded minecraft, 7dtd, and other games I am still trying to get a dedicated Starvation server going in a windows virtual machine. Running a non modded server in a virtual machine works with no problem. I have tried a fresh install load up 7DTD then launch the dedicated server log in then log off shutting down server. I go to my steam/steamapps/common/7 days to die/ and copy the unzipped folders there and overwrite or merge when prompted. Then I edit my serverconfig.xml to a new world seed, turn off eac, change world type to Random Gen, and I have tried it with and without password. When I launch my client from the 7dtd mod launcher and go into single player starvation game works and runs normally.

When I try to log into the dedicated server nothing happens for awhile then it tells me server is still starting up no matter how long I wait before I retry. Then when I look in the log files I see the same error others have had item errors. Not sure where I am going wrong but still trying.

Edited by jasonsaffle13
fixing typo (see edit history)

You need the insectBiteAntidote which at this point needs the sciencestation to make. We will discuss if we should make this easier to craft in early game, add more to loot, or nerf the stings a bit. Snake bites are the same way.

I, for one, think the antidotes for spider/snake/scorpion debuffs should be made more available in early game, OR the debuffs nerfed a bit. If you get hit with these debuffs, you're probably better off committing suicide, especially if you're going to lose wellness anyway.

That said, I have a question. Does EAC need to be on or off in order to join the official servers listed in the first post?

When I launch my client from the 7dtd mod launcher and go into single player starvation game works and runs normally.

When I try to log into the dedicated server nothing happens for awhile then it tells me server is still starting up no matter how long I wait before I retry. Then when I look in the log files I see the same error others have had item errors. Not sure where I am going wrong but still trying.

This might be what you already did, but I can't quite tell from how you wrote it so just in case; make sure to run your client from the 7dtd mod launcher not directly from steam, THEN connect to your server using the client that is now running the mod.

I had consistent problems because I assumed wrongly that Starvation installed server side would work without any client configuration, whereas in truth you need to install the mod on both sides and connect to the server from a modded client, or it fails.

I, for one, think the antidotes for spider/snake/scorpion debuffs should be made more available in early game, OR the debuffs nerfed a bit. If you get hit with these debuffs, you're probably better off committing suicide, especially if you're going to lose wellness anyway.

That said, I have a question. Does EAC need to be on or off in order to join the official servers listed in the first post?

EAC off for any modded server, including Starvation.

I'm pretty sure the weather setting in Starvation are all vanilla, but I will check. If other folks are having this issue, we can take a look at making some small adjustments in a future patch.

Oh, the issue is vanilla. I saw it all along during A16. It isn't a Starvation mod issue. It's just that without rain, no collected water. I've been playing with the biome percentages, and have had some success with increasing the low end rain odds. It's like the game never tries to conjure up a storm.

Here is what I did

<biome name="forest" biomemapcolor="#008D00">

<weather>

<Temperature min="-35" max="5" prob="1" />

<Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".9" />

<Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".1" />

<CloudThickness min="0" max="0" prob=".2" />

<CloudThickness min="10" max="70" prob=".2" />

<CloudThickness min="100" max="100" prob=".6" />

Changed this <Precipitation min="0" max="100" prob=".30" />

<Precipitation min="50" max="100" prob=".70" />

<Wind min="10" max="20" prob="0.9" />

<Wind min="20" max="100" prob="0.1" />

Edited by icecold951 (see edit history)

Tend to agree.

JMO: either

1) wellness debuff needs to be decreased so that you have to seriously consider whether the stamina debuff merits staying alive

2) There could be a low-tech partial treatment for the bites that mitigates the effects to a noticeable, but not crippling extent.

Anyway, well done on the mod. Enjoying it a great deal.

This might be what you already did, but I can't quite tell from how you wrote it so just in case; make sure to run your client from the 7dtd mod launcher not directly from steam, THEN connect to your server using the client that is now running the mod.

I had consistent problems because I assumed wrongly that Starvation installed server side would work without any client configuration, whereas in truth you need to install the mod on both sides and connect to the server from a modded client, or it fails.

I am using the 7DTD mod launcher to play Starvation from not steam. We have weekly LAN parties and have the mod launcher on all the "game stations" https://imgur.com/a/8NnH5 I have a decent working knowledge with computers but as I am home taught it is very likely a stupid mistake, just struggling to find what it is. I understand there is no formal support as Starvation is a labor of love from the modders and I assume they see no money for there efforts and we are lucky to even have it in the first place. I hope that someone in the community sees this and says "Oh I had that problem!!" till then gonna keep trying!! Love the mod though!!

Hi!

Fantastic mod! I need a bit of help though please!

I'm working on a server and used the github file upload. I am able to join Starvation servers so the issue doesn't appear to be client side. Here is the startup report. Any suggestions?

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.286 INF Awake done

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.396 INF Atlas reset took 78 ms

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.396 INF Atlas load took 107 ms

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.557 INF NET: Starting server protocols

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.599 INF NET: Unity NW server started

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.599 INF [steamworks.NET] NET: Server started

SDX: SDX ModEngine::StartModScripts

CustomBehaviour - OnGameStarted

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.602 INF StartGame

2017-10-23T14:57:28 63.841 INF Atlas reset took 64 ms

2017-10-23T14:57:29 64.289 INF Atlas resized to fit more icons. Old 1561 icons, 4096x4096, now 2358 icons, 8192x4096

2017-10-23T14:57:29 64.718 INF Adding 798 sprites to atlas took 989 ms

2017-10-23T14:57:29 64.771 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2017-10-23T14:57:29 64.868 INF StartAsServer

2017-10-23T14:57:30 65.018 INF createWorld: Random Gen, test, GameModeSurvivalMP

Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.358 INF [NET] PlayerConnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName=''

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.618 INF PlayerLogin: Dingo/Alpha 16.3

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.618 INF Client IP:

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.620 INF Kicking player (Server is still initializing): EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Dingo'

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.793 INF [NET] PlayerDisconnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Dingo'

2017-10-23T14:58:33 128.794 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Dingo'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2017-10-23T14:58:34 129.117 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Dingo'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have reinstalled, done fresh restarts and installs, all the basic stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

How does one level the sanity skill so I can get my carpet again? I have one character on day 9 now with 120 minute days and his exp bar for resistance is 2% at lvl 1. I feel like I'm wasting my life sitting on a bedroll trying to recover sanity now.

Also is there a way to find out what is needed to craft certain items? I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't craft aloe bandages. I feel like I'm going to miss out on a lot of early progression just due to the fact I'm not sure what I can/can't build.

Other than that, loving it.

Tend to agree.

JMO: either

1) wellness debuff needs to be decreased so that you have to seriously consider whether the stamina debuff merits staying alive

2) There could be a low-tech partial treatment for the bites that mitigates the effects to a noticeable, but not crippling extent.

Anyway, well done on the mod. Enjoying it a great deal.

There's an idea, too. Perhaps a treatment to cut the debuff duration in half, like splints do for sprained/broken legs.

Is there any way to install mod without this new sphereii’s launcher and if there is then how to update it after. Asking because this launcher never remembers my 7dtd mod directory destination and always refreshes mod without even updating it to new version and ruins all my xml tweaks . THX for answer in advance)

I am using the 7DTD mod launcher to play Starvation from not steam. We have weekly LAN parties and have the mod launcher on all the "game stations" https://imgur.com/a/8NnH5 I have a decent working knowledge with computers but as I am home taught it is very likely a stupid mistake, just struggling to find what it is. I understand there is no formal support as Starvation is a labor of love from the modders and I assume they see no money for there efforts and we are lucky to even have it in the first place. I hope that someone in the community sees this and says "Oh I had that problem!!" till then gonna keep trying!! Love the mod though!!

Do you have access to the Server log files? That would help a lot in figuring out what the issue is.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way to install mod without this new sphereii’s launcher and if there is then how to update it after. Asking because this launcher never remembers my 7dtd mod directory destination and always refreshes mod without even updating it to new version and ruins all my xml tweaks . THX for answer in advance)

You can do the initial install through the Mod Launcher, then just go into the folder where you picked ( by default C:\7D2D\StarvationTeam\StarvationMod), then run the 7daystodie.exe. You'll get no updates, however, but will preserve your changes.

As for the Destination not remembering.. this seems to happen to a few people. I can help you with that, if you'd like.

The Mod Launcher updates your files in your game folder all the time. This is to help prevent people from making mistakes in their XML files. However, if you are comfortable with making your changes, you can simply not use the Mod Launcher to run the game on a regular basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone help me with how I could run starvation in big picture mode on steam? I injured my wrist and I need to map a controller to it, having issues playing on my keyboard for extended time periods.

My wife uses Big Picture with her Steam Controller to play 7 Days to Die.

1) Add the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe to Steam as a non-Steam game

2) Launch Steam Big Picture

3) Launch the mod launcher from within steam

4) Potentially awkwardly pick Starvation from the Mod Launcher using your controller, and Play

5) Enjoy the game in Big Picture

@StarvationTeam

I made a PullReq on github for a problem about quest icons are not showing.

Please review and merge, or fix it manually.

It includes sdx codes for the issue.(dirty, but works)

The github link was given to people as a convenience to download if the launchers was not working. We have to use github for the files because that is what the launcher uses but that is not our working repo. We do not monitor issues or pull request or anything in the repo, we simply post the compiled files there for download. Source is not contained in the repo so pull request are of no value. If you have an issue please post it to the forums or discord and we will track it from there. We cannot maintain separate branches with different folder names for multiple people. If you need changes in the mod folders or locations for you particular setup you will need to do that yourself once you download the files.

I may be I unzipped the server files and then dropped them into the steamapps/7dtd/ folder ontop of what was there and overwrote when asked.

Setting this up on a virtual machine without graphics. I just grabbed the mod launcher and it will not launch till I load netframework 4 so off to do that. Well that did not work I get an error application is improperly formatted. Will try copying the 7dtdserver_data into the 7dtd_data folder. nope will uninstall all and start fresh. Ok restarting on the delted and reinstall because just letting steam do it left files behind. Maybe because it is loading the default serverconfig.xml will look if I should be using a different one. Maybe if I copy my working single player from my gaming machine over to the virtual machine the copy the dedicated server files over. Nope well will try setting up a plain unmodded server that I can getinto and then move starvation files into it. ok unmodded works will copy starvation files in make sure serverconfig is set for random and easy cheat off. Nope same error gonna step away for a second.

The 'server files' are for dedi servers, running the server files on a server set up using the server code downloaded from the Steam Library/Tools. If you have a server you have set up or a hosted server those are the files you need. If you just play a MP game from your local client game then you can't put the server files in and play... you need the client files. One your computer the steamapps/7dtd/ is where you have the vanilla version of you local game. What you need there is the client files that come through the launcher. You will need to delete that folder and reinstall the vanilla files or you will not be able to play the vanilla game. You should not apply any mod files there but make a copy of that directory and copy the client files in if you can't use the launcher. You are better off using the launcher as it makes a copy of 7DTD other then in your vanilla copy and then copies the right files in there.

If you want to run a server and have a server set up then you can install and configure the server files from steam library/tools or use the steam command that will download the server files and not the client files, and once that is installed and configured you can copy in the Starvation server files.

You cannot mixed client and server files or noting will work

You can do the initial install through the Mod Launcher, then just go into the folder where you picked ( by default C:\7D2D\StarvationTeam\StarvationMod), then run the 7daystodie.exe. You'll get no updates, however, but will preserve your changes.

As for the Destination not remembering.. this seems to happen to a few people. I can help you with that, if you'd like.

The Mod Launcher updates your files in your game folder all the time. This is to help prevent people from making mistakes in their XML files. However, if you are comfortable with making your changes, you can simply not use the Mod Launcher to run the game on a regular basis.

Wow, thank you for such fast reply ) So, could you please tell how to make launcer to remember my mod folder?

I'm noticing rain collectors aren't working in this update. Or at least, mine aren't getting water. I have them centered in a 9 square hole. I've used them before in A16. I've noticed they look different now. Are they used differently?

Is this sp? If so we are aware and its being addressed. If this is server please let us know because its working for us.

Wow, thank you for such fast reply ) So, could you please tell how to make launcer to remember my mod folder?

It uses a Windows-method to store local settings, and should work. That being said, sometimes it fails. Are you running any anti-virus or anti-spyware? It could be blocking the actual save.

It uses a Windows-method to store local settings, and should work. That being said, sometimes it fails. Are you running any anti-virus or anti-spyware? It could be blocking the actual save.

He-he, disabled my eset eav 10 and now it’s working just perfect thats some weird staff ) Much appreciated for help man:fat:

The 'server files' are for dedi servers, running the server files on a server set up using the server code downloaded from the Steam Library/Tools. If you have a server you have set up or a hosted server those are the files you need. If you just play a MP game from your local client game then you can't put the server files in and play... you need the client files. One your computer the steamapps/7dtd/ is where you have the vanilla version of you local game. What you need there is the client files that come through the launcher. You will need to delete that folder and reinstall the vanilla files or you will not be able to play the vanilla game. You should not apply any mod files there but make a copy of that directory and copy the client files in if you can't use the launcher. You are better off using the launcher as it makes a copy of 7DTD other then in your vanilla copy and then copies the right files in there.

If you want to run a server and have a server set up then you can install and configure the server files from steam library/tools or use the steam command that will download the server files and not the client files, and once that is installed and configured you can copy in the Starvation server files.

You cannot mixed client and server files or noting will work

Maybe this is my error? I have been downloading the dedicated server files from the github page but then copying them into the same directory as the single player files? On the virtual machine I use one of our guest Steam accounts to log into steam perform the steam install of 7 dayys to die then start an unmodded 7DTD server. Then shutting it down I copy in the dedicated files from the github (with merge/replace).

Maybe what I need to be doing is using the Steamcmd to download the server and then copy the github files into that? Now that would make sense since that's how I have been doing it for my Linux virtual machines. Will try it that way after I get home from work tonight. Thank you.

Any chance on a less intensive version of this mod?

I mean, a 6 gig video game that has a 16 GIG mod on it is really kind of silly.

I know it says 10 gigs can be done, but thats not entirely true either.

I'd really like to try the mod, but what on earth is making is require so much Ram?

Is there any future where a less strenuous version of this mod can be enjoyed by other people besides those with beasts for computers?