A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Mortelentus write...: DO NOT USE STARVATION LAUNCHER.. but still I have to use it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Read the very first post on this thread. This mod, and most mods, use the 7D2D Mod Launcer

Mortelentus write...: DO NOT USE STARVATION LAUNCHER.. but still I have to use it ?

- - - Updated - - -

No, DO NOT USE STARVATION LAUNCHER!!! Use the 7D2D Launcher!

Just sent you message with more info, hope it helps.

Edited by vudugan (see edit history)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the link for the 7DTD Mod Launcher: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&highlight=launcher

It's the greatest thing since sliced bread! :smile-new:

I still dont get it.. i download the files.. but cant do anything now.. cant clik anything or do more.. ??

last time i played Starvation mod.. it was not that cumbersome to do and easy to download and start.. but now.. it just feels sp hard.. why not just download some folders and copy them in the game.. like other mods.. ?

Running Starvation A160023 on my server will get me this error:

GameStat.ScoreDiedMultiplier = -5
GameStat.ScorePlayerKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ScoreZombieKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ShowAllPlayersOnMap = False
GameStat.ShowFriendPlayerOnMap = True
GameStat.ShowSpawnWindow = False
GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2017-10-22T16:27:44 125.997 INF StartAsServer
2017-10-22T16:27:44 126.146 INF createWorld: Random Gen, StarVationTest, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.RC (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.XC (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+WQ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any solution for this ?

Btw is the settings.ini still needed for the server to be dropped in "managed" folder ?

(If so -> where can I finde an example (exmpl link from old A15 thread is dead))

Thx!

Running Starvation A160023 on my server will get me this error:

GameStat.ScoreDiedMultiplier = -5
GameStat.ScorePlayerKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ScoreZombieKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ShowAllPlayersOnMap = False
GameStat.ShowFriendPlayerOnMap = True
GameStat.ShowSpawnWindow = False
GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2017-10-22T16:27:44 125.997 INF StartAsServer
2017-10-22T16:27:44 126.146 INF createWorld: Random Gen, StarVationTest, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.RC (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.XC (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+WQ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any solution for this ?

Btw is the settings.ini still needed for the server to be dropped in "managed" folder ?

(If so -> where can I finde an example (exmpl link from old A15 thread is dead))

Thx!

No extra files needed for new SDX mods. Just copy the files and you're done... And no, I don't know what's going on. I'm guessing that your output log has some error before that occurs... ALWAYS look at errors loading xml files, if you get an error creating the world.

Make sure you're using server files, and not client files.

NOTES TO EVERYONE:

• There is NO LAUNCHER for server, only the github... If you can't figure out how to copy files to your server, maybe you should reconsider hosting a server.
  • When a error occurs, please try to provide the full output.log. It's not guaranteed that we can figure it out, but it will at least help.

Thank you!

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

No extra files needed for new SDX mods. Just copy the files and you're done... And no, I don't know what's going on. I'm guessing that your output log has some error before that occurs... ALWAYS look at errors loading xml files, if you get an error creating the world.

Make sure you're using server files, and not client files.

NOTES TO EVERYONE:

• There is NO LAUNCHER for server, only the github... If you can't figure out how to copy files to your server, maybe you should reconsider hosting a server.
  • When a error occurs, please try to provide the full output.log. It's not guaranteed that we can figure it out, but it will at least help.

Thank you!

Thanx for your fast reply! I am running the latest server-files from Git repo.

Maybe we can get it run an linux... if you are interested in testing that on my server I could support with my machine while talking on TS.

You are right. There are errors while loading recipes.xml and stuff bevor the crash. Would be nice to get it running.

Complete log is here on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/JSLUEeR5

EDIT: I think this is the part where it starts going wrong:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'FX/Glass/Stained BumpDistort' - All passes removed
2017-10-22T16:27:32 114.099 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Class 'BlockTV, mods' not found!)
2017-10-22T16:27:32 114.099 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

I know you guys made changes to the rwgmixer.xml, but I don't want to generate at 10000m. Can I reduce the size without causing issues with the mod?

Down to around 3000?

Sure you can, but with unpredictable results. Let us know how it works out. :smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

Do coolers still prevent food spoilage? And if so is it only the crafted ones? I bought one from the trader and food spoiled in it.

It wont prevent spoilage, just slows it. You need a powered fridge to do more than that.

Starvation launcher was used for A15 build, The 7D2D mod Launcher is being used for the A16 Builds. There is a difference. Take the time to READ the ENTIRE first post on this thread. Also make sure to delete/uninstall every 7d2d game you have installed, BEFORE attempting to run/install this mod, it will ensure you are starting with a clean install.

Sniper schematic

The issue of A15 with the Sniper schematic still exists. It randomly disables the Sniper schematic after having read it. Making you have to read it again and again.

There are some crawling zombies around that have movement speed of a speedboat (seen on the Official Starvation PVE Europe)

YOu can add the combo pack mod in, till the SDX team adds in their own prefabs, everything is set kinda vanilla for this initial release, all you have to do is drag n drop the combo pack prefabs in, and replace the mixer with the combo pack one.

Actually there are already Starvation custom prefabs added in. If he just add the combo pack he will break many things including quests that rely on those prefabs. If he wants to add in the combo pack he is going to have to manually edit the mixer to take in the changes the combo pack makes and not break the changes in the mixer from starvation!

Thanx for your fast reply! I am running the latest server-files from Git repo.

Maybe we can get it run an linux... if you are interested in testing that on my server I could support with my machine while talking on TS.

You are right. There are errors while loading recipes.xml and stuff bevor the crash. Would be nice to get it running.

Complete log is here on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/JSLUEeR5

EDIT: I think this is the part where it starts going wrong:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'FX/Glass/Stained BumpDistort' - All passes removed
2017-10-22T16:27:32 114.099 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Class 'BlockTV, mods' not found!)
2017-10-22T16:27:32 114.099 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

We have been working on a linux build so hopefully there will be one soon. This erreor:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'FX/Glass/Stained BumpDistort' - All passes removed is harmless and can be ignored.  It happens on windows servers too and has no impact.  Your big problem is the parsing of the block.xml is which most like due to the fact that the binaries need to be recompiled.  You will just have to be patient - we had warned everyone that Linus would not be supported to start with but we would be working on that.  We don't provide access to source code so you will need to wait on the file once we get them complied for a Linux distribution.

The issue of A15 with the Sniper schematic still exists. It randomly disables the Sniper schematic after having read it. Making you have to read it again and again.

There are some crawling zombies around that have movement speed of a speedboat (seen on the Official Starvation PVE Europe)

No idea on the sniper recipe issue, the xml looks the same as on other weapons. If others report it I'll take a deeper look. Are you seeing "crawlers" on their belly, or "spiderwalkers" , on hands and knees? Spiderwalkers can go upto 1.1 so can be very fast. Crawlers should go no faster than .5 and Vanilla zeds go .3

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

No idea on the sniper recipe issue, the xml looks the same as on other weapons. If others report it I'll take a deeper look. Are you seeing "crawlers" on their belly, or "spiderwalkers" , on hands and knees? Spiderwalkers can go upto 1.1 so can be very fast. Crawlers should go no faster than .5 and Vanilla zeds go .3

that were all zombies on their bellies that moved fast (well moved, they were surfing on the ground fast)

to clarify, not all on their bellies were this fast, but all that were this fast were on their bellies

Edited by Kandoral (see edit history)

Actually there are already Starvation custom prefabs added in. If he just add the combo pack he will break many things including quests that rely on those prefabs. If he wants to add in the combo pack he is going to have to manually edit the mixer to take in the changes the combo pack makes and not break the changes in the mixer from starvation!

Thank you, figured this out too :)