A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I thought I posted this, but seems not.

I am trying to use the rain collectors. I have them in a 9 square hole, as I did in A15. But now they don't seem to collect water. Is this broken, or has how rain collectors work changed? I noticed they have a new texture.

They work on Dedi. Fix for Sp and MP in next patch.

We have been working on a linux build so hopefully there will be one soon. This erreor:
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'FX/Glass/Stained BumpDistort' - All passes removed is harmless and can be ignored.  It happens on windows servers too and has no impact.  Your big problem is the parsing of the block.xml is which most like due to the fact that the binaries need to be recompiled.  You will just have to be patient - we had warned everyone that Linus would not be supported to start with but we would be working on that.  We don't provide access to source code so you will need to wait on the file once we get them complied for a Linux distribution.

Thanx ! That s an information I can life with. Is there an approximate duration how long it will take ?

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.24 patch

• fixed water stores in sp
  • stevecrawler key missing error fixed.... again...
  • animals spawning tweaked a little bit. Still work in progress
  • adjusted sanity.
    • Your passive resistence actually decreases the longer you stay alive (more time alive, more accumulated stress), so perks are even more important to compensate.
    • decrease meditation recovery speed by a small amount.

[*]Adjusted transmorgifier

• crawlers are now as vanilla only, no randomization
    • no zombie will get random crawler animation anymore.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Thanks again for the awesome job guys! Enjoying a lot the mod! (Still getting used to usain bolt zombies =P)

Just saw in the Game4Kickz video and got into testing before posting, seems to be a disbalance between normal wood and redwood.

(All tested with a new game, 25 stone axe and 1 construction tool, no additional perk)

On normal trees (pine from the forest):

1200 tree hp - 2 woods per hit - total 106 wood gathered

900 tree hp - 1 or 2 wood per hit - total 79 wood gathered

On redwoods:

300 tree hp - 6 woods per hit - total 106 redwoods gathered

900 tree hp - 4 woods per hit - total 203 redwoods gathered

I tought the difference was because of the scarcity and specifity of the redwood.

the real problem (as i think) is the conversion recipe.

1 redwood = 2 woods.

If you spawn in the forest, you can farm redwood real quick and swim in wood.

In 2 min you can convert 200 redwoods in 400 woods.

As you can get redwood in a faster rate, maybe should be more balanced the recipe 2 redwoods per a single wood? it will be still a good source of redwood but will not greatly reward the redwood farm for obtaining normal wood.

Thanks again for the awesome job guys! Enjoying a lot the mod! (Still getting used to usain bolt zombies =P)

Just saw in the Game4Kickz video and got into testing before posting, seems to be a disbalance between normal wood and redwood.

(All tested with a new game, 25 stone axe and 1 construction tool, no additional perk)

On normal trees (pine from the forest):

1200 tree hp - 2 woods per hit - total 106 wood gathered

900 tree hp - 1 or 2 wood per hit - total 79 wood gathered

On redwoods:

300 tree hp - 6 woods per hit - total 106 redwoods gathered

900 tree hp - 4 woods per hit - total 203 redwoods gathered

I tought the difference was because of the scarcity and specifity of the redwood.

the real problem (as i think) is the conversion recipe.

1 redwood = 2 woods.

If you spawn in the forest, you can farm redwood real quick and swim in wood.

In 2 min you can convert 200 redwoods in 400 woods.

As you can get redwood in a faster rate, maybe should be more balanced the recipe 2 redwoods per a single wood? it will be still a good source of redwood but will not greatly reward the redwood farm for obtaining normal wood.

I saw it to, it's noted. Thank you for the report.

Sure you can, but with unpredictable results. Let us know how it works out. :smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

Will do. Renaming rwgmixer.xml to rwgmixerOLD.xml and putting my own with generation_distance="10000" set to generation_distance="3000"

and at the bottom setting

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">

<distance_from_center range="2000,3000" />

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">

<distance_from_center range="3000,6000" />

Let ya know how it goes. In theory should be double the size of Nav. With the rad biome on the outside.

Workin!

Will do. Renaming rwgmixer.xml to rwgmixerOLD.xml and putting my own with generation_distance="10000" set to generation_distance="3000"

and at the bottom setting

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">

<distance_from_center range="2000,3000" />

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">

<distance_from_center range="3000,6000" />

Let ya know how it goes. In theory should be double the size of Nav. With the rad biome on the outside.

Works... but you'll have to play with Seeds.

Could some one please tell me how to install dedicated starvation server, I have a dedicated VM machine ready but

cant figure out the installation procedure :upset:

P.S.

Can I use any server manager with this mod like the 7D2D RAT manager?

Download the server files from the link indicated in the op, and unpack it to server root, overwriting files.

Disable EAC.

Running Starvation A160023 on my server will get me this error:

GameStat.ScoreDiedMultiplier = -5
GameStat.ScorePlayerKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ScoreZombieKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ShowAllPlayersOnMap = False
GameStat.ShowFriendPlayerOnMap = True
GameStat.ShowSpawnWindow = False
GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2017-10-22T16:27:44 125.997 INF StartAsServer
2017-10-22T16:27:44 126.146 INF createWorld: Random Gen, StarVationTest, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.RC (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.ZC (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes.XC (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at GameManager+WQ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any solution for this ?

Btw is the settings.ini still needed for the server to be dropped in "managed" folder ?

(If so -> where can I finde an example (exmpl link from old A15 thread is dead))

Thx!

Are you sure you installed the server files from the tools directory under library - or used the right steamcmd code to get the server files - or are you using 7DTD game files? If you are using game files the server files will not work - the directories are different

After installing 7d2d launcher and StarvMod per instructions.. What could possibly cause the game only to start in Vanilla? I seen someone in discord had this issue but I didnt make it back to see if it got resolved. any suggestions appreciated.

After installing 7d2d launcher and StarvMod per instructions.. What could possibly cause the game only to start in Vanilla? I seen someone in discord had this issue but I didnt make it back to see if it got resolved. any suggestions appreciated.

Click "Test Mod Sync" before launching for the first time seems to resolve.

- - - Updated - - -

Morte,

Wood burn time at current state is 50s.

Wood Frame burn time is 2:30s.

With 2 woods you make 1 wood frame.

So if you convert wood in wood frame before using as fuel you gain 50s of fuel from nowhere.

Click "Test Mod Sync" before launching for the first time seems to resolve.

- - - Updated - - -

Morte,

Wood burn time at current state is 50s.

Wood Frame burn time is 2:30s.

With 2 woods you make 1 wood frame.

So if you convert wood in wood frame before using as fuel you gain 50s of fuel from nowhere.

If I do the test Mod Sync.. its will keep going.. and never stop.. last time i tryed.. I stop it after 2 hours...

If I do the test Mod Sync.. its will keep going.. and never stop.. last time i tryed.. I stop it after 2 hours...

It syncs from GitHub... I know there are some problems with giithub and some countries... Check mod launcher thread ask Sphereii, i'm sure he will have more info...

Or try to download directly and install manually, but that will be a lot of work to keep updated.

Excellent job Starvation team.:clap2::clap2:

I'm really enjoying playing again!

Bigpack and large bike storage is nice fo me, not much big, but a litte!:distrust:

The UI ����, more infomation is necessary, not fundamental, but necessery for me.

Thanks for more many happy hour in one fun game!

:clap2::clap2:

:peace:

Edited by MysTerioN Soull
emoticon error (see edit history)

It syncs from GitHub... I know there are some problems with giithub and some countries... Check mod launcher thread ask Sphereii, i'm sure he will have more info...

Or try to download directly and install manually, but that will be a lot of work to keep updated.

Thx Mortelentus and Hameshy, I have been trying to help our friend get this amazing mod installed but it just doesn't want to...