A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Well done getting this going for a16. I downloaded Sphereii's launcher and installed the mod. After starting the game through the launcher, it seems to hang at the main menu, without showing menu options. I always get stuck at "Loading..." and I have to Alt+F4 out. I can't get to my console.

I generally wait about 15-20 minutes before I exit out. This machine had no issues running starvation in a15.2. Any thoughts?

Edit:

I also tried installing manually to no avail. Same issue.

ok that it.. im done.. untill a update with less zompies..

it day 2.. I run to the air drop.. when i got there.. 1 boss spawn 3 zompies.. ( 2 running ) and dogs.. in day 2.. no no.. that just not fun or playable at all.. :( the animals are fine.. but the zompies just kill the fun in the game.. :(

normal the Stavation mod is the best mod i know.. but now its just not fun at all..

i even try to kill them in cheat mode.. take over 10 bullet.. for a zompie in the head.. and my game is only on normad :)

hope for a better update.. :)

Sorry that the mod is too hard for you. Airdrops are high value/high risk events unlike in vanilla. There is a random chance to spawn a boss, which sounds like what happened to you. Bad luck there. Most people complain the animals are too tough, harder than zombies. You say the opposite. One bullet into the head of a normal zombie should kill it, a few head hits with a poor club will kill most as well. How you can't kill a zed with 10 head shots doesn't square with my extensive play experience in this mod.

You can expect some game play adjustments over time, but Starvation will never be as easy as vanilla, nor as hard as several other available mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done getting this going for a16. I downloaded Sphereii's launcher and installed the mod. After starting the game through the launcher, it seems to hang at the main menu, without showing menu options. I always get stuck at "Loading..." and I have to Alt+F4 out. I can't get to my console.

I generally wait about 15-20 minutes before I exit out. This machine had no issues running starvation in a15.2. Any thoughts?

Edit:

I also tried installing manually to no avail. Same issue.

EAC off?

ok that it.. im done.. untill a update with less zompies..

it day 2.. I run to the air drop.. when i got there.. 1 boss spawn 3 zompies.. ( 2 running ) and dogs.. in day 2.. no no.. that just not fun or playable at all.. :( the animals are fine.. but the zompies just kill the fun in the game.. :(

normal the Stavation mod is the best mod i know.. but now its just not fun at all..

i even try to kill them in cheat mode.. take over 10 bullet.. for a zompie in the head.. and my game is only on normad :)

hope for a better update.. :)

Make a wooden spear, or if you can, a combat knife spear. Then make sure the area behind you is clear and run backwards. As the zombies chase you, aim for their heads and attack. The spears have a long reach so you can hit them long before they are in range to hit you, and if you hit the head, it one shots most zombies (at least the knife version does). It has a long refresh before you can attack again so it takes a bit to clear large groups of zombies, but it's a decent way to kill things early on without using a ton of ammo. That should help.

Make a wooden spear, or if you can, a combat knife spear. Then make sure the area behind you is clear and run backwards. As the zombies chase you, aim for their heads and attack. The spears have a long reach so you can hit them long before they are in range to hit you, and if you hit the head, it one shots most zombies (at least the knife version does). It has a long refresh before you can attack again so it takes a bit to clear large groups of zombies, but it's a decent way to kill things early on without using a ton of ammo. That should help.

Great tip. I use the "run and bop" technique and pretty much never get hit unless im out of stamina or get cornered carelessly. Run and bop means run at your target zombie and time your swing so it lands right before you pass "through" the target. Run a little past the zombie, turn, and repeat till its down, then 1 or 2 head hits while its down finishes it. Zombies have a swing delay so you will never get hit doing this. Standing still in combat without a spear is dangerous.

Note to self: Randomize Zombie swing delay in transmorgifier at some point if folks says the mod is getting too easy...:smile-new:

Gas barrel no craft button for gas can, I checked forge none, workbench none, big oven none, campfire none. Minibike running of fuel. I go wrench any cars get gas can & petrol station.

IcrNk1q.png

You need the moonshine still to convert the barrel into cans

Read your own post please, it clearly has a link to where you download the server files. In case you need more info:

Step

#1, setup a dedicated server install of the vanilla game.

#2: Check that it runs as expected.

#3 Download the Starvation server files.

#4 copy/paste the starvation folders over your vanilla dedi server install folders.

#5 Start up the dedi server and have fun.

If the main post would have said the step one about installing the vanilla server game and

then paste starvation server files over, that would clear a lot of things.

Those steps should be in the main post IMO.

Description of First Aid Kit says it removes animal bites, but can not remove spider bite, seems the bite can not be removed.

It is a horrible debuff. -3 stamina every second + you lose wellness? duration 30 minutes? that is more than just over the top

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly this mod seems to exaggerate the games issue with standing dead zombies.. :(

7_Days_To_Die_2017_10_23_17_49_15_279.png

Yes it does. That most likely due to the vanilla bug caused by over-damage. In Starvation with its Romero headshot mod, massive head over damage is likely. We will try to code around this in a future release.

Description of First Aid Kit says it removes animal bites, but can not remove spider bite, seems the bite can not be removed.

It is a horrible debuff. -3 stamina every second + you lose wellness? duration 30 minutes? that is more than just over the top

You need the insectBiteAntidote which at this point needs the sciencestation to make. We will discuss if we should make this easier to craft in early game, add more to loot, or nerf the stings a bit. Snake bites are the same way.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Firstly, apologies for my ignorance in this question and if it's been asked.

But will the mod launcher install this to a hosting service like Bluefang via FTP and can Starvation run on a hosting service like this?

The RAM requirements, those are client side requirements or server side? Again, apologies if I've missed this already being asked and answered.

Firstly, apologies for my ignorance in this question and if it's been asked.

But will the mod launcher install this to a hosting service like Bluefang via FTP and can Starvation run on a hosting service like this?

The RAM requirements, those are client side requirements or server side? Again, apologies if I've missed this already being asked and answered.

No, mod launcher will not do server installs. Yes, Starvation can run on hosted services, we use KillServers who know how to install the mod correctly. Pam, our server team member, can help with that server config, which depends on number of player slots you require. Client requirements are covered in the opening post, but the game is a heavy user of both RAM and video RAM. 16G and 4G respectively works great, less than that you will need to adjust settings down.

Paintings Bug

First off, let me just say how happy it is to have Starvation back. I have missed the challenge and work that has gone into this mod. Much love to everyone who works on the project.

Bug: When trying to place a painting it's orientation is such that it wants to be placed on the floor and rotates horizontally.

First off, let me just say how happy it is to have Starvation back. I have missed the challenge and work that has gone into this mod. Much love to everyone who works on the project.

Bug: When trying to place a painting it's orientation is such that it wants to be placed on the floor and rotates horizontally.

Press R to select then enable full rotation, that's an A16 feature.

No, mod launcher will not do server installs. Yes, Starvation can run on hosted services, we use KillServers who know how to install the mod correctly. Pam, our server team member, can help with that server config, which depends on number of player slots you require. Client requirements are covered in the opening post, but the game is a heavy user of both RAM and video RAM. 16G and 4G respectively works great, less than that you will need to adjust settings down.

I poked around for a server installation/config portion of this and I didn't find it. I don't suppose this could be added somewhere around the original post or am I just that blind? :-/

--- EDIT ---

Never mind. I'm that blind...

Server files are available via GitHub repository. If you have a server, all you need is to past those files there. NOT TESTED FOR LINUX SERVERS YET!!!

Edited by Jackelmyer (see edit history)

In my experience, if you get missing block/recipe or item errors, it means you closed the launcher before it finished downloading all the game files.

If you did get this error, I recommend you delete your 7D2D/StarvationMod folder and restart the process.

Thank you for writing that, I was just about to post a "me too" about that error. In my case I think my ftp client dropped connection to the service provider before finishing, resulting in errors when connecting to the server.

Morte,

Wood burn time at current state is 50s.

Wood Frame burn time is 2:30s.

With 2 woods you make 1 wood frame.

So if you convert wood in wood frame before using as fuel you gain 50s of fuel from nowhere.

Checked the xmls, the problem was from vanilla.

<block id="149" name="woodFrameMaster"> in blocks.xml

it has:

<property name="FuelValue" value="150"/>

<item id="1301" name="wood"> in items.xml has the FuelValue value="50"

the same was in the Starvation xmls.

If you alter the FuelValue of the frame master to to 100 you get rid of the bonus in all the wooden frame blocks at once.