A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

no idea whats going on with my game. still cant get into starvation, keeps loading in as vanilla. ive deleted all forms of 7D2D and installed only steam version and mod launcher, ive synced it multiple times and it says everything is fine, just keeps loading in as vanilla.

super keen to play this mod and i cant :upset:

Omg... after 12 hours trying to fix the launcher to plat the mod.. and after delet the game 5 times.. and so much more.. nothing to to... then comes my HERO...: Mortelentus and send me the Zip file.. and bum.. the game is running.. :)

THX so much... and yes need to look for the updates.. but maby the launcher will work later... :)

for now.. i can played it :D

no idea whats going on with my game. still cant get into starvation, keeps loading in as vanilla. ive deleted all forms of 7D2D and installed only steam version and mod launcher, ive synced it multiple times and it says everything is fine, just keeps loading in as vanilla.

super keen to play this mod and i cant :upset:

Are you trying to launch it through Steam (or desktop icon) or via the mod launcher?

On the launcher there's a button that says "Play Mod" you need to start game with that.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.602 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#AirCon?AirConPrefab' not found on block with id 1499)

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.602 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.604 ERR at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.948 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'plantedBamboo1' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.949 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.949 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Item smallEngine for Receiver not found!

at ItemClass.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClass.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+EI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Excellent job Starvation team.:clap2::clap2:

I'm really enjoying playing again!

Bigpack and large bike storage is nice fo me, not much big, but a litte!:distrust:

The UI ����, more infomation is necessary, not fundamental, but necessery for me.

Thanks for more many happy hour in one fun game!

:clap2::clap2:

:peace:

i have to agree the UI needs to have more info like altimeter and temp, food and water even going back to the UI from starvation 15 would be a big improvement

Hello

Cudos for the work done in this mod- it gives a different meaning to 7D2D.

My question would be is the bigger backpack mod and bigger storage mod working properly with this overhaul?

Regarding mod Author on the bigger inventory slots- not all people have so much time to play(job family etc) What bigger inventory gives you is saved time- sure some people will always abuse the system but for other people its better to have such an option and still enjoy the mod than not to have and make compromises for worse.

Hello

My question would be is the bigger backpack mod and bigger storage mod working properly with this overhaul?

Regarding mod Author on the bigger inventory slots- not all people have so much time to play(job family etc) What bigger inventory gives you is saved time- sure some people will always abuse the system but for other people its better to have such an option and still enjoy the mod than not to have and make compromises for worse.

I have this same. Backpack size is not matched to number of new staff in mod.

STARVATION

A16 version (currently A16.3)

VERSION 16.0.0.24

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD OUR TERMS OF USE AT THE END OF THIS POST.

STARVATION is being developed as a modification to TFP's 7 DAYS TO DIE. Starvation adds a higher level of difficulty, challenge, realism, and fun to the original game.

Some of the features you will find in STARVATION are as follows:

• advanced farming
  • food spoilage and plagues
  • animal husbandry
  • dog taming
  • special pets
  • fishing
  • traps
  • power system (natural gas, heat and electricity)
  • wildlife hazards
  • radiation hazards
  • wellness and sanity system
  • NPC survivors
  • settlement founding
  • advanced weaponry
  • new zombies
  • new animals
  • boss zombies
  • bandits

If you would like know more about us, you can

visit our site. You will find pictures, videos and more. Make sure you check our merchandizing section :)

sfdGchJ.png

A VERY WELL DESERVED THANKS to the important contribution of:

• Pacco for all the graphics, xml, patience and dedication. Unfortunately he is no longer amongst us. Rest in peace my friend.
  • Good old Matite for the numerous assets we're using, made by him (garage door, drawbridge and numerous plants)
  • Dissolutionskey for providing resources for development and testing, for the awsome ideas, and for all the moral support
  • xtended2l for his extensive review, cleaning and balancing of the xml. He has been busy with real life but will always be a member of our team.
  • Rentched and KillServers for all the support in both development and hosting official servers.
  • Xyth recently joined his, and has been extremely helpful and productive
  • Well, myself for... scripting?
  • A special thanks to Sphereii for his launcher, and for his mods. I'm using slightly adjusted version of his Transmorgifier mod, for example.

icgYlKu.png

ALERT - This mod is demanding. It is strongly advisable that you have a bare minimum of 10GB ram, preferably 16GB.

I would put some emphasis on some of the new stuff we're trying to incorporate. The most visible aspect will obviously be the player colony. Player colonies give you, the player, the possibility to recruit and employ survivors. This "survivor" NPCs can be assigned a multitude of tasks, from cook to guards, and many of the end items will somehow require you to develop and maintain a well structured colony, which you can do alone or with your friends...

This is just the most visible "tip of the iceberg" since we're trying to incorporate so many of our previous mods in a way that makes sense. We're refining them, adapting them as needed and even making new interesting things, hoping that in the end this package can provide an experience as interesting as possible. While realism plays a important role, it's not what it's all about. There are still fun and illogical stuff. Because it's fun!

We will providing the mod using Sphereii 7D2D Mod Launcher.

The launcher will replace / update all necessary files, so even if you have no contact with SDX, this should be straight forward.

Server files are available via GitHub repository. If you have a server, all you need is to past those files there. NOT TESTED FOR LINUX SERVERS YET!!!

Keep in mind that there are still many things that will probably change or be added/removed.

I leave you with a small trailer

[video=youtube_share;a_shCtzCJW0]

You can also check "

" for more info about the Colonies, armor buffs and other interesting stuff.

We started working on a wiki for the mod, here

if you want to help with building it up, contact rentechd or any Starvation Team member

- - - Updated - - -

TERMS OF USE:

By downloading Starvation Mod, you agree that:

• you can copy the material in any medium or format for your personal use.
  • If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material, without asking for our permission first. This includes c# code, xml configurations and all included models and icons.
  • If permission is given, you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to this license, and indicate what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
  • Many of our assets were purchased and as such we can not give permission to use any of our models on your own projects until further notice.

NOTES:

• If you are currently using any of our models, we will ask you to stop using them and contact us, until we can figure out which ones we will even be able to grant permission to use, if the team decides to grant permission.
  • Anyone using Starvation c# code from our latest public release, is free to keep using it freely.
  • From now, access to full SDX code versions will remain available per request only. If you want to use any of my code for your personal use or public mod, please contact me.

How do you run a dedicated server with this mod, all the instructions show how to run a single player only.

i have to agree the UI needs to have more info like altimeter and temp, food and water even going back to the UI from starvation 15 would be a big improvement

I know everyone will have different tastes, but being a survival game to much UI transcends into more of a HUD and that then I feel distracts the immersion and the survival aspect. Most if not all information can be seen in the biometric screen anyways and has it all there in one place. But on the playing screen ?, nahhh to much clutter ( unless it can be toggleble so those like me can turn them off ~ optional UI )

bad luck?

it installs files, and whatever..... starts the game, BLACK SCREEN, mouse pointer switched to 7d2d-pointer, thats it....

can only quit with alt+F4, game wont start.

if simple, or advanced...

downloaded the fzip-file that the launcher uses. made a fresh copy, put the files in, started game.... black screen.... nothing seems to work at all :(

edit: no starting sound nothing, and every time i gotta accept eac changing things on my computer.... its kinda strange (windows 8.1)

ok, besides, i deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times....

i started over and over and over again....

now guess what.

without anything changed after the felt 50000th time of starting it finally booted and i can play...

Edited by Archmage105xy (see edit history)

maby the spawning of the zompies should be turned a bit down..

I take the ladder to the roof.. where 5 zompies spawn.. I take the ladder down.. the zxompies followed me.. I killed them.. and take the ladder back to roof.. where 5 new zompie spawn.. that happen 4 times.. an every roof i get on to.. :(

if sure if I god into a building the same will happen.. maby the Mod is supposed to be hard.. but that is just not playable.. there is no fun.. go on a roof/in a building.. where many zompies spawn.. go out for 5 sec.. go in again and now the same number of zompies spawn.. at day 1.. :)

new info.. if you want a running horde.. like horde night.. just go on to a builds roof.. then go inside the building.. and do taht 2 times without killing any zompies.. and you have a horde night in day 1.. :)

I did that.. there are now 20 Zompies after me.. and 15 of them run.. :)

more new info.. if you stay on the roof.. for more then 5 min.. new zompies will spawn.. so if you want to go to a town to get good loot.. remember 1000 bullet and some nuke bombs hehe LOL :)

it sems like it only on the.. Working stiff tools roof.. :)

Edited by Dّller (see edit history)

Why are some of the custom zeds white? Is this due to graphics settings (I have some settings like shadows disabled to gain performance)?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23077[/ATTACH]

That looks exactly as designed by the modeler "Pacco". Its how he wanted it, and will remain that way to honor his memory.

How do you run a dedicated server with this mod, all the instructions show how to run a single player only.

Read your own post please, it clearly has a link to where you download the server files. In case you need more info:

Step #1, setup a dedicated server install of the vanilla game. #2: Check that it runs as expected. #3 Download the Starvation server files. #4 copy/paste the starvation folders over your vanilla dedi server install folders. #5 Start up the dedi server and have fun.

If you do not know how to setup a vanilla server, there are posts elsewhere on these forums to help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

This was discussed in an earlier post, but again, we "may" slightly increase the backpack size not larger than 45 slots, but as we do include a donkey that will carry your stuff for you once you get one. Pack animals and vanilla bike storage is how we compensate for a small backpack.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.602 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#AirCon?AirConPrefab' not found on block with id 1499)

2017-10-23T16:56:02 13.602 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

In my experience, if you get missing block/recipe or item errors, it means you closed the launcher before it finished downloading all the game files. It can take a very long time to finish this process, depending on your download speed. Could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes or more. If you close and restart, you may get corruption even if the next time it completes successfully. I have personally seen both happen. The launcher does not need to be closed, even after the game starts.

If you did get this error, I recommend you delete your 7D2D/StarvationMod folder and restart the process.

I know everyone will have different tastes, but being a survival game to much UI transcends into more of a HUD and that then I feel distracts the immersion and the survival aspect. Most if not all information can be seen in the biometric screen anyways and has it all there in one place. But on the playing screen ?, nahhh to much clutter ( unless it can be toggleble so those like me can turn them off ~ optional UI )

As previously stated, a new HUD is under development for next major release. It will probably have all the requested extra features on the main screen. I will see if we can comment the xml to help indicate where certain screen elements can be hidden by commenting them out.

it installs files, and whatever..... starts the game, BLACK SCREEN, mouse pointer switched to 7d2d-pointer, thats it....

can only quit with alt+F4, game wont start.

if simple, or advanced...

downloaded the fzip-file that the launcher uses. made a fresh copy, put the files in, started game.... black screen.... nothing seems to work at all :(

edit: no starting sound nothing, and every time i gotta accept eac changing things on my computer.... its kinda strange (windows 8.1)

ok, besides, i deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times....

i started over and over and over again....

now guess what.

without anything changed after the felt 50000th time of starting it finally booted and i can play...

the mod does not seem to work with EAC. uncheck the EAC and start the game (well that is what i did)

ok that it.. im done.. untill a update with less zompies..

it day 2.. I run to the air drop.. when i got there.. 1 boss spawn 3 zompies.. ( 2 running ) and dogs.. in day 2.. no no.. that just not fun or playable at all.. :( the animals are fine.. but the zompies just kill the fun in the game.. :(

normal the Stavation mod is the best mod i know.. but now its just not fun at all..

i even try to kill them in cheat mode.. take over 10 bullet.. for a zompie in the head.. and my game is only on normad :)

hope for a better update.. :)