Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Damm! All Madmole has to do is fart in the general direction of this forum and everyone gets excited.

Yep. And if someone mentions that that creates some stink, these people will get attacked by not seeing how this delicate bouquet will enrich your gaming experience. Plus it is Early Access. The fart can always be adjusted to a shart.

That brings me to another thought with a question to the Devs.

Is Alpha 17 going to be partially or fully 3k or 4k with the remastering of the biomes and new assets and what not?

You can play the game in 4k now. It looks nice, but I usually play at 1440p so my system can handle recording at the same time. Ran smooth at 4k until I hit the record button.

You can play the game in 4k now. It looks nice, but I usually play at 1440p so my system can handle recording at the same time. Ran smooth at 4k until I hit the record button.

I haven't seen it in either 3k or 4k so I wouldn't know, is it legit like as good as Far Cry 5 (I've seen video's on Youtube on a 4k TV) or is it substandard in comparison, I'm just trying to get a idea of what I'm going to see when my new GTX 1080 Ti gets delivered on Tuesday.

I would like to see a harvesting action on the wiring tool that let's you take entire electrical blocks. Also, having a use for the stove, fridge, and air conditioner blocks that already exist in the game would be great.

Great idea ... build a stove, wire it with electricity and use it for cooking .... build an aircon and your base within a certain radius will have a constant temperature day and night. I love these ideas, thank you.

Off topic but relevant post here.

Have any of you guys heard about the new Asus ROG Swift pg27uq 4k HDR 144Hz monitor that is getting ready to drop for $2,000 USD? It makes me drool just thinking about playing 7 days to die on it, but that price tho who can afford to spend that much on a gaming monitor ugh!

Just wait. The price will drop sooner or latter.

That brings me to another thought with a question to the Devs.

Is Alpha 17 going to be partially or fully 3k or 4k with the remastering of the biomes and new assets and what not?

That is interesting question, though I don't care for answer, I only have 1080P monitor ..

Have any of you guys heard about the new Asus ROG Swift pg27uq 4k HDR 144Hz monitor that is getting ready to drop for $2,000 USD? It makes me drool just thinking about playing 7 days to die on it, but that price tho who can afford to spend that much on a gaming monitor ugh!

LOL.. 7 days to die is great for the gameplay, not the graphics ;) go play GTA V with that monitor! you would enjoy yourself more..

LOL.. 7 days to die is great for the gameplay, not the graphics ;) go play GTA V with that monitor! you would enjoy yourself more..

yep... :)

doom, gta 5, skyrim, tom clancys division, witcher 3, tomb raider and shadow warrior 2 are all fantastic looking on 4k. all of theses i have.

i bought 2 of these and love it... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DPBJ7Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i see no need for spending that much money when there are deals better or as good. :)

lol. Now that's how you do it! Way to go smerf. :)

You found this and it looks like the same thing but at a tenth of the price.

- - - Updated - - -

The true meaning of the HP bar is to assure you that time still passes.

Really? I should through out my watch then. ;)

Tempting... I could do it... part of my brain is wondering if I'd need such code myself, not in the next six months at least. Might be an interesting project to implement it in the new job system, the secondary physics engine can sit in it's own thread and trundle along at it's own pace. That should take a lot of the strain off the main physics engine when dealing with a ton of small objects. There's going to be some difficulty passing data about colliders in and out of the second thread but not impossible.

It would also make sense to wait until unity provide a struct base math library although I can't see that being much longer, it's possibly the single most useful library they could port. My implementation is more than a little crude, no point getting it perfect when a unity engine developer is getting paid to do it anyway.

Do you plan on posting the code to github?

I could write up a rough framework and put it on github.

I could write up a rough framework and put it on github.

Don't put yourself out, any excuse I made to myself about needing a secondary physics engine was just that, an excuse.

I'd love to play with the concept if I had the time but for what I'm doing it would cause more problems than it solves, speed matters less than a relatively deterministic system. I know I'll never have truly deterministic physics, and I don't really need it, but trying to track two physics engines at once just compounds the problem.

I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I'd expect, unity to make putting stuff from the built-in physics engine into the job system a lot easier than it is now. That would essentially do the same thing but I can't see it happening any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

About the same here in SA.. So it's reasonable to assume that our long break in the Southern hemisphere all fall over mid Dec to end Jan.

How can that be? Don't you get summer the same time as us due to flatness of the Earth?

How can that be? Don't you get summer the same time as us due to flatness of the Earth?

Nah, even if the earth is flat, the dense magical field slows down the light, that's why we have time zones. Also the rotation of the orbit of the sun allows for seasons to change all around the disc.

Ah yes! I was forgetting my para-geology for a moment there. Something to do with the bodily functions of an elephant if I remember correctly?

Well, naturally the world can't just float in thin air. Unless you want to come with that horse bollocks of gravity ..pffft. It's the rocking from the great A'tuin as he walks through space.

Well, naturally the world can't just float in thin air. Unless you want to come with that horse bollocks of gravity ..pffft. It's the rocking from the great A'tuin as he walks through space.

Now I remember, the turtle does the seasons and the earthquakes are caused by the elephants scratching their unmentionables.

Archived