Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was thinking about the Sleepers Re-Spawning on the roof of the S/W I encountered recently. I cleared the entire roof & collected the remains & put down my chest by the front bill-board. They all re-spawned over & over again until I ran out of arrows & had to run away with no food & starving.

I was wondering if there might be some kind of conflict with the POI Sleepers inside & the ones on the roof. Could there be a problem with the sleeper spawn area related to being outside on the roof. If you enter a Cabin & lead the Z's outside you re-spawn the sleepers by leaving the Cabin. could this same thing be what's happening on the roof?

I gave up on 7D over a week ago when me and my friend occupied a firestation roof.

We heard some commotion below and realised the place was teeming with sleepers. They literally turned the place to ♥♥♥♥.

I dont mind 2 or 3 per room, for 5 total rooms ill even take 15 sleepers, but thats how many I got in just ONE room after half the room next door had wooden frames laid down.

I literally had to dynamite the crap out of them just to make enough room to get blocks down yo stop the spawns. At that point all was concrete, and yeah, Id stopped the spawns, but I had to use developer mode to do it.

Concrete blocks, dynamite on day 2, invincibility and a reinforced firestation - it all felt like a cheap self cheat and for me that was pretty much the last straw.

Cant play 16.3 because an honest stealthy entrance into a building doesnt mean jack ♥♥♥♥ when a zombie or 2 that wasnt/werent there when you walked in are suddenly behind you smacking hell out of the back of your head.

Cant play when the game cheats me. Go to experimental, great improvement on bow sway, liking the forge concept, overall feels better, then need to cheat the crap out of the game just to stop infinite zombies spawning beneath you wrecking the place.

Oh, and did I mention? Once things finally did settle down, the very last nail in the coffin came when I managed to get my friend who was equally as pissed as me back online.

Red text of doom followed by infinite hang.

Let me say this for the last time. Updates for these fixes are crucial. If the devs told us how far on they were or offered a potential workaround I think there would be much quiet on the forums.

Just like you 'piggio if we got a temp fix at least we could play our arses off quite content until A17 drops.

The frustration and disappointment of not being able to play without this absurd revert to much older game states is just not going to help matters.

I hope they sort it out soon though.

Never thought of them before, but binoculars would be a great addition for early game too. Until sniper scope can take over :)

Cheers

In most games i would think the same, but because of Voxelgame the sight is so short i cant see a decent reason to have a binocular.

I see more the issue that a usefull Binocular would show to many details from LOD models

In most games i would think the same, but because of Voxelgame the sight is so short i cant see a decent reason to have a binocular.

I see more the issue that a usefull Binocular would show to many details from LOD models

Yeah LOD would be a biatch there. But heck why not use it to be able to make scopes for all available firearms. Paint on some mil dots and go go go :)

Cheers

Can we have sorted chunk loading please? It would make much more sense to prioritize each cube in the chunk based on player distance and view direction rather than the linear approach. It would probably help also vehicles falling thru unloaded areas since the rule would dictate to have always a cube infront of the player first networked/loaded. One could even go further and multiply the direction with velocity and have an approximate on where the player could be in 1 second since everything around the player will be just for visuals.

Humans will always be a bigger threat to humans. Zombies don't suffer from those pesky emotions like we do, maybe except for the hunger one. We on the other hand have jealousy, fear, anger, etc. We have seen lots of instances where when cornered it is the person that is suppose to have your back is the one that shoots you in the leg (or won't open the door, drop you the rope, etc) so they can escape or getting rid of you for something you have that they want.

To each its own. I find TWD boring because of it, and, honestly, unrealistic. Humans become closer when under duress -- it is when they are organized and comfortable that they lose empathy, and that's backed by history and experimental research. If it's going to have humans, then it needs to be Alas Babylon, not A Boy and His Dog.

Not that I mind human conflict, I just don't want it mixed up with my zombies! :)

Yeah, I have not played on my server for 2 weeks & something happened with my X SP game & I did not want to restart. That is why I do not like playing X is you have to play in CM because the wipes are so close to progress & test everything. I gave up too until A 16 is stable & don't want to go back. I will be playing the But Whole tonight at midnight so that will keep me busy for a while, preloaded & ready to FART.

To each its own. I find TWD boring because of it, and, honestly, unrealistic. Humans become closer when under duress -- it is when they are organized and comfortable that they lose empathy, and that's backed by history and experimental research. If it's going to have humans, then it needs to be Alas Babylon, not A Boy and His Dog.

Not that I mind human conflict, I just don't want it mixed up with my zombies! :)

I think you're considering humans becoming closer in as studied within an single group. Societally, humans are historically more dangerous than the wild or the elements.

And I think it's from a societal perspective in TWD and in 7 Days that dangers of humans is elevated and brought to light.

Specifically in TWD, the most damaging and dangerous we're human beings from an outside social group. I.e. Ungoverned Warlordism. Where often than means of gathering resources was to take by fear or force.

I think you're considering humans becoming closer in as studied within an single group. Societally, humans are historically more dangerous than the wild or the elements.

And I think it's from a societal perspective in TWD and in 7 Days that dangers of humans is elevated and brought to light.

Specifically in TWD, the most damaging and dangerous we're human beings from an outside social group. I.e. Ungoverned Warlordism. Where often than means of gathering resources was to take by fear or force.

For goodness' sake!

Never take TWD in any way as realistic !

99% of all acting in that Fiction would NEVER ever happen

Its a TV show you can enjoy.

But in all that time the only really good thing they invented in that series (until around 2 Seasons ago then i stopped viewing)

is the Use of Spiky weapons through Wirefence.

For fun i checked only the first episode for logical errors, i endet up somewhere around 100

For goodness' sake!

But in all that time the only really good thing they invented in that series (until around 2 Seasons ago then i stopped viewing)

For fun i checked only the first episode for logical errors, i endet up somewhere around 100

Two words - Coconut Effect

AKA Reality is Unrealistic.

But yeah, it bothers me too when people bring up realism and fictional television in the same breath.

Mercy Snip

This must be something that is user specific. Not saying it isn't happening to you but my experience so far with 16.4 is VASTLY different than yours. Its crazy to me how so many people can have so many different issues and experiences. I have no explanation for it, but all can say is for me 16.4 is fine. No respawning sleepers yet, we DO get a few that seem to be back on separate floors but I can't confirm the building had been cleared. And i never take over a POI so I never experience zombies spawning inside my base. I can say I 100 percent have never had one spawn in any base I have built.

Sorry I guess?

To each its own. *snip twd snip* Humans become closer when under duress -- it is when they are organized and comfortable that they lose empathy, and that's backed by history and experimental research. If it's going to have humans, then it needs to be Alas Babylon, not A Boy and His Dog.

you forget, humans have also formed tribes in those instances. they band together yes, but anyone outside of it or from a rival tribe become a non human as far as many are concerned. it becomes an us or them situation. that is also a history lesson

For goodness' sake!

You are wrong, RD. It's True. ALL of it!.....you and your "spiky" weapons.....

:)

So you think self styled developing is a no go area.

Not sure what else to talk about and i thought that TFP being in an enclosed development know best as no community member has the source or know whats going on so i didnt think a bit of spectulating didnt hurt and to the ones in the know it is likely comical to read when they get time.

Well, depends what a self styled developer is exactly. In my case I used it as a synonym for "armchair critic". On its own it's a pretty harmless term.

I didn't speak out against a bit of speculating.

Archived