Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by chaosterone View Post

Lol. And I suppose we're going to break our arms punching rocks and trees for mats on day 1.

Good feedback! Thanks.

How about something simple like the player gets damaged every time they punch a tree or rock without a tool and zeds continually lose hp every time they swat at buildings n the like ;) Would be sweet to see a zed attack certain blocks and they just do so much damage to themselves they destroy their arms/hands in the process.

I'm totally down with that.

Joel did ask for increased gas in cars so now you practically never run out just wrenching down the occasional car.

The desert is... difficult.

Maybe if I switched the desert to a "coal biome" and randomly dropped bits of oil shale from there?

I don't even mine for oil... There is plenty to find in the loot lists.

What's the math reason for 1000 units per can instead of 1?

I don't even mine for oil... There is plenty to find in the loot lists.

What's the math reason for 1000 units per can instead of 1?

Getting oil into or back out of a vehicles tank needs granularity because tanks have different sizes.

We could also go with (inventory) gas cans having "durability" so the can would be x % full after filling up your vehicle and you would have to fill up the gas can... how?

At some point you have to convert more granular gas items into it so... not much gained one way or the other.

Getting oil into or back out of a vehicles tank needs granularity because tanks have different sizes.

We could also go with (inventory) gas cans having "durability" so the can would be x % full after filling up your vehicle and you would have to fill up the gas can... how?

At some point you have to convert more granular gas items into it so... not much gained one way or the other.

Jar of water it. A can gets used it turns empty. Minibike takes 1 can, chopper 3 cans, jeep 10 cans, gyro I dunno, 4.

Gas pumps have random chance to turn "empty" after each use. Maybe that chance goes up, maybe it's 50%.

Each gallon nets you 30 game minutes.

Done.

Would rather have this then the wasted time on vehicles that will remove you from the survival of the game ..just like the minibike does now.

MTFGA

Ouch,

This is what we know of vehicles now. There is the possibility with all of the buffs and trigger events being talked about this could change. For instance, going by foot, you won't get noticed much. However, if you show up on the Hog or in a jeep, it could trigger events like bandits or dogs converging on you when you stop.

All depends on what their plans are.

n the United States and throughout the oil industry world-wide, an oil barrel is defined as 42 US gallons, which is about 159 litres or 35 imperial gallons.

so if we are the US system. we would have quarts of Oil and 5 gal cans of gas and 42 gallon barrels. why not use standards?

XX Shale Oil makes a gallon stored in 5 gallon cans or partial barrels maybe?

Jar of water it. A can gets used it turns empty. Minibike takes 1 can, chopper 3 cans, jeep 10 cans, gyro I dunno, 4.

Gas pumps have random chance to turn "empty" after each use. Maybe that chance goes up, maybe it's 50%.

Each gallon nets you 30 game minutes.

Done.

Done until you think about abandoned cars. Need an entirely new action to get the gas out.

All I can see so far is more silly micromanagement to get the same things done.

A bit of Very Important Progress... that only modders have a real chance of understanding. ;)

<block name="cntToilet02">
   <property name="Extends" value="cntToilet01"/>
   <property name="Model" value="Plumbing/toilet02" param1="main_mesh"/>
</block>

<block name="cntToilet03">
   <property name="Model" value="Plumbing/toilet03" param1="main_mesh"/>
</block>

<item name="tshirtBrown">
<property name="Extends" value="tshirtWhite"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="tshirtWhite"/>
<property name="CustomIconTint" value="132,105,84"/>
<property class="UMA">
	<property name="Overlay1Tint" value="132,105,84"/>
</property>
</item>

<item name="tshirtGreen">
<property name="CustomIconTint" value="51,92,65"/>
<property class="UMA">
	<property name="Overlay1Tint" value="51,92,65"/>
</property>
</item>

Done until you think about abandoned cars. Need an entirely new action to get the gas out.

All I can see so far is more silly micromanagement to get the same things done.

Leave the loot table like it currently is, except I'd add that in order to get gas you have to harvest it with a siphon. No more magically appearing cans.

And, I'm relatively sure you can do this with the current or XML setup.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit of Very Important Progress... that only modders have a real chance of understanding. ;)

</block>

</block>

<property class="UMA">
</property>
</item>

<property class="UMA">
</property>
</item>

We love you Gazz!

Well, like I said.

It would be an entirely new action to "repair" the durability of the gas can by siphoning a car and remaining fuel would have to be tracked on every car wreck...

It's a bit of a gas can of worms for no practical gain.

We love you Gazz!

Well, that was Alloc and umm... whatever Chris uses 'round here LOL.

Well, like I said.

It would be an entirely new action to "repair" the durability of the gas can by siphoning a car and remaining fuel would have to be tracked on every car wreck...

I'm not into the durability method, I'm thinking a straight swap from an empty gallon can to a full one. As far as keeping track what the car has left, that system is already in place with loot containers.

You can use whatever tracks the mining system for the amount that gets harvested, but instead of using skill to determine harvest amount use a dice roll.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the value add is that it sets you up to make gasoline important again.

</block>

</block>

<property class="UMA">
   </property>
</item>

<property class="UMA">
   </property>
</item>

That... is a good thing. :) So clothing dyes confirmed for A17? :p

EDIT: And what are the ramifications for combining items defined like this at a workbench?

Check out improved combat and terrain!

I haven't read all the reactions (yet), but man, what an amazing, amazing video. Seriously, i've never been so stoked by a developer update like I have been with this one.

The content you showed is exactly what I have been awaiting for a long time. Improved combat system, combat technique evolution, distant trees and random gen improvements. The very core of this game in my book. Sure, the sandbox experience is great, but hell, it's a zombie fighting game in an amazing world to explore, and everything you showed makes the essence of the game so much better.

Thanks for making this game better by the day, and I mean that beyond the scope of getting to enjoy playing. This kickstarter experience and your commitment to it are refreshing in today's standards.

Go back and watch the video. Joel talked about picking up arrows. He said he would love to be able to retrieve arrows. He literally said that what he showed is the starting place.

Everdeen is sticky arrows. Sorry if it is underwhelming compared to expectations but that is what hype is all about :) Trust me that playing with it is far more enjoyable than watching it. I probably ran around for 45 minutes just shooting zombies and deer and boars trying to stick as many arrows in them before their....ahem...huge red HP bar depleted completely. Sticky arrows adds more than you would guess to the archery part of the game-- even if you can't retrieve them yet.

Do we also have sticky crossbow bolts?

Archived