Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The addition of the bike to me means if it is intended to be an earlier game vehicle it means for players that are not on the high difficulty ramp they can get on quicker and maybe catch lucky breaks more often which in turn means the overall difficulty ramp can be increased a bit to balance things out.

So it is a win win for a lot a players as even if you dont use the bike you might benefit form it being available and part of game difficulty tuning.

Also if tracked vehicles are going to be introduced can we make sure they are using jet turbine powerplants, maybe increase engine wear in the desert to balance things out and make it more realistic.

Will we be able to attach a rickshaw to that bike?

I'm asking for Jax...

Question does not seem to be dripping in venom and sarcasm. :)

I like this. A Lot. And a 4x4. YES! Ill take that over a "car" because it fits the world a LOT better and because I'm just looking forward to hurling one off a mountainside cliff for science, of course.

But yeah...so about that rickshaw? And also can we attach mobile ziplines to it?

Asking for..a friend.

I think the car is a good idea and should be forced to use the roads, if there are no roads then you have to make them, same way you have to make everything else. This would make the item more complicated and special to use. People already make huge long tunnels.

Great work on the push bike, that would be an awsome find.

I hope you guys throw in more stability / memory saving patch work as well with the new update.

What the hell is the general accepted idea of a mem leak and where are there instances of them in 7d2D ?

I see the term thrown around and what i read in tech documents never matches the symptoms described.

Just want to try to understand this mysterious phenomena.

"Big armored 4x4 off road vehicle? Yes. " <<--- THAT is a memory leak. :smile-new:

As for the one year updates and whatnot, with their small team it's not anywhere near what it should be in terms of delivery (amount and functionality) of content, and because of that we as players have learned to just take what we are given, and the fanboi army insists we are grateful for it.

Not grateful, but:

TFP: Surely a few years programming experience, plus probably some game development experience for a few team members, plus ~4-5 years experience on programming 7d2d for each individual on the team.

You: A gamer, if lucky with some modding experience (and thinking "wow, easy stuff, programming can't be hard"), if really lucky with hobbyist level programming skills. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Now, which of these two parties would I trust to have a sensible opinion based on facts about the difficulty and speed of development of a game of this type?

So with the same factless guessing I can assume that your estimate is as accurate as throwing a few dice or asking a Ouija board.

At least I can actually provide some evidence: I'm following the development of another EA-game, Factorio. They implemented basically one new production cycle and some additions to the research tree and needed 6 months for it. I don't see much difference in their development speed.

Oh, and another case where you actually can see the development from outside: Star Citizen. Much bigger team and much bigger goals, but development crawling along at a speed that gets many frustrated posts from impatient and ignorant backers.

As a gamer you surely have experience with judging the quality and features of a game. But about speed of development you probably are just spoiled by publishers who put out a finished game after years of slow but secret development. "Wow, last year I didn't know anything about Fallout4, today I got it in my hands already. Games development must be as fast as the speed with which hackers on tv break into NSA computers"

New vehicle system is coming along!

DLaZ17HU8AEGu8o.jpg

Shawn has been working hard on a new vehicle system! All new real physics, no falling through the world, feels so natural now!

Yes the old stuff is gone, RIP. New physics are great, feels like GTA.

Hopefully [bikes can be painted] at some point. Its very easy to mod in other colors.

I only read this now... that's great news!

This opens up so many new possibilities!! :encouragement:

I just wanted to say i think some people (and i am the worst offender of this) might cross the line and become a backseat developer when in reality there singular totally detached from the build enviroment experience doesnt know whats best.

I am too damm inquisitve i have to know how things work and i like the game and like to help with feedback and in return for my unasked for uneducated opinion i might get a bit of insight on how things work and a bit of enjoyment when working that out.

I know it might seem a bit sad or think that i believe i know best but it just boils down to the fact i like to crunch and i am addicted to crunching sometimes i cant help it and i cant stop crunching.

In reality i am not even at the level of a hobby programmer but still i insist on adding my perception, i know i should stop and just enjoy the game but i have to disassemble maybe i need professional help?

New vehicle system is coming along!

DLaZ17HU8AEGu8o.jpg

Shawn has been working hard on a new vehicle system! All new real physics, no falling through the world, feels so natural now!

Yes the old stuff is gone, RIP. New physics are great, feels like GTA.

Hopefully [bikes can be painted] at some point. Its very easy to mod in other colors.

why is there an icon for battery and gas if its a push bike?

or is it another form of mini bike

why is there an icon for battery and gas if its a push bike?

or is it another form of mini bike

When you add new items to a game and there is allready a existing comparable/usable framework you will Paste´n copy alike use the same framework and edit it later. So nothing special at all about this.

When you add new items to a game and there is allready a existing comparable/usable framework you will Paste´n copy alike use the same framework and edit it later. So nothing special at all about this.

Also it isn't inconceivable that there might be upgrades to the bike, in vanilla or just as options for modders.

I think the car is a good idea and should be forced to use the roads, if there are no roads then you have to make them, same way you have to make everything else. This would make the item more complicated and special to use. People already make huge long tunnels.

Great work on the push bike, that would be an awsome find.

I hope you guys throw in more stability / memory saving patch work as well with the new update.

I think we need to be able to find Random Vehicles to repair or salvage, Cars(only for roads), Rare 4x4 Off/RD(RNMT SGR find at Saloons/StripperC/SM), the new Chopper Rare same places, Rare Gyro Copter at Military Sites or Camps. & some kind of Rare Boat at the Docks.

It would be an undamaged Car that could be repaired & all other Cars are Salvage & Loot. All other Vehicles should be a Rare find & the new Bike for early game should be found in the yards of houses, Garages, PPDC, Sheds, Schools, etc. & they should be the same new condition to repair & broken for salvage & loot.

Will we be able to fit a basket to that bike?

I'm asking for Janna....

I was doing catchup and reading posts, just saw the post from MM on the bike, and was thinking, can we put a basket on it. Go to the next page and see Roland's post.

Seeing the future, reading minds, or just know me well enough by now from having to figure out Jannaese to clear up some of my posts, or all of them?

Thanks for the question, now I get to continue reading to see what the answer is.

Most of that stuff is kind of on the radar, but Behemoth and Zip lines are on the cutting room floor.

I think a parasail chute (one use per craft as you have to jettison it) for jumping off buildings, mountains etc would be easier to implement than zip lines.

Pet taming, not a fan, but thats just me.

any news on AI development?

No, and no.

Not fair MM. Which no was for which part?

1. So what ur suggesting is while ur not planning cars...

2. You are planning to put in 4x4s...

3. Is that it?..

Could we get just a little clarification, are you planning on putting 4 wheeled vehicles in the game?

Not shopping trolleys or kids buggys, or horses on wheels, or two bikes strapped together, or one giant roller boot.

I mean as in cars/buses? Come on MM -.-"

Archived