Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Hey Pille, did you ever get a chance to look into the dungeon and maze auto generator?

I should have time during the holidays. So, yes. Sorry, it's more annoying to implement than expected. That's why it takes so long.

thanx for the reply

tryed to to see if i can do just one block but after reading this but

after downloading the new one

im getting this error and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23585[/ATTACH]

it takes 4 clicks for it to go away..

me

It's an installation issue. What version are you using? I bet this doesn't happen if you download the editor from the opening post, right?

Well, i have no way to download the update via autoUpdater, but manually - always! :)

Yes - i'm not like normal people :D

Thanks for the Update!

Being special is ok. lol ;)

Looks like the guys from mediafire have permanently disabled an essential feature (essential for the auto-updater). I guess it's time for a better updater and an update of the libraries. Briefly worded, I am going to post a new link in the op after the holydays. You'll have to download the thing from there if you want to the latest version.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

It's an installation issue. What version are you using? I bet this doesn't happen if you download the editor from the opening post, right?

i downloaded it from the first page.. and tryed to update it... crashed... i knew it was going to

do that after read the part about mediafire..

im using 0.3v before i put the other files in

now it saids v0.3z© with is the current ver. right??

thx for your help

me

hey pille

as you`re working on a new release. i dont know if its a bug or if you already fixed it.

The Replace Function in the Tools Section isnt working correct. I tried to replace all Sandstone Layers with concrete. It worked but as ingame all layers which i replaced had a visual bug. Every concrete block also displayed normal stone Blocks. Like the game spawned both at the same time. Was really strange looking and as i destroyed them, there definetly Concrete Blocks. And on the other hand i only had sandstone and no stone blocks..

Thereafter i changed all per hand. No visual bug.

That section

Replace Block ID: 13

With Block Id: 211

mO10mny.png

Edited by Andyjoki (see edit history)

hey pille

as you`re working on a new release. i dont know if its a bug or if you already fixed it.

The Replace Function in the Tools Section isnt working correct. I tried to replace all Sandstone Layers with concrete. It worked but as ingame all layers which i replaced had a visual bug. Every concrete block also displayed normal stone Blocks. Like the game spawned both at the same time. Was really strange looking and as i destroyed them, there definetly Concrete Blocks. And on the other hand i only had sandstone and no stone blocks..

That section

That may be a density issue. Saw similar glitches when testing my block command for swapping.

terrain vs cube blocks are inverted density. Not sure if the swap block stuff in pilles changes the density to a valid range

@Andyjoki

hey pille

That section

mO10mny.png

It's not a bug but a feature. ;)

The default density values are -128 (terrain blocks / diamond-shaped blocks) and 127 (cubic blocks). The non-advanced replacing function doesn't change the densities. Thus, you get unusual values if you replace terrain blocks with cubic blocks. I think I could add a checkbox 'set default densities' in the next update.

Until then, please use the advanced replacing function:

6K4NuUo.png

@n2n1

Just for notice, maybe this will help.

- after installing version 0.3 z© - crash due to "removing rows/columns" - began to appear almost always and i had to revert back to version 0.3z. - and the errors almost stopped again.

Mhh that's strange. I haven't changed the corresponding code. :(

@StompyNZ

minor bug:

The app crashes if you try to load a prefab with some invalid xml (in my case was some missing sleeper volume info)

version .3t I think, I cant get it to upgrade keeps telling my download failed

I am going to fix this. :)

Sorry guys the autoupdater doesn't work atm. due to an issue with mediafire.

You can download the update files though (or just wait till they fix their damn website :) ):

(32 bit)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bhejz0peqarh2wj/Zombie_%2832_bit%29.zip

(64 bit)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0bn5d6r2g2sx0un/Zombie_%2864_bit%29.zip

(Replace the zombie.exe to install the update)

The link to the newer version isn't working atm. I'm kinda stuck on 0.3v.

Good news. I just updated the link in the opening post and repaired the auto-update process.

@all

Please load the test update (via auto-updater) and let me know if it works.

@stallionsden

The (sleeper) bugfix is already included.

People have recommended I download "Pille's editor". This thread is what I found searching for it, but the comment "new editor" at the beginning makes me wary... Is this the droid I'm looking for?

Don't worry, it's not bug-free but usable.^^

@n2n1, stallionsden

Ok, I made more tests and this time I was able to reproduce the crashes. I've introduce some massive internal changes in 0.3z© that caused this bug.^^

You're not supposed to use the older versions btw. I want you to test the current ones.

Changelog 0.3z(d):

-Fixed: delete rows/columns functions cause crashes.

Please let me know if this fix works.

lol, = _)

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that this bug wasn't new.

Changelog v0.3z(e)

-fixed: remove rows/columns function reloads original (or previously used) prefab xmls

Time to use a more reasonable versioning system lol.

You still need testers? If its EAC compliant Ill do it on a live MP server if not, I'll pass to one of my admins to bugger one of his SP games hah = ) nice work either way.