Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Hello.

You remember our conversation about the spawn Entity in prefabs? (which now won't spawn in the RWG prefabs). I some time did not follow...You found a way to spawn them?

Yes. I have not found a way.

I've found it! :) are You interested in?

If you hold information back ...

a4tlnn.jpg.60d174ad17f6532c1d1948441daec4b4.jpg

;). So it might be better to share your insights.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

:) Look at the block:

<block id="1915" name="spawnTrader">
<property name="Extends" value="metalTrussingRamp" param1="DescriptionKey"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="metalTrussingRamp"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
<property name="Class" value="[color="#00FF00"]SpawnEntity[/color]"/>
<property name="SpawnClass" value="[color="#00FF00"]npcTraderJoel,npcTraderRekt,npcTraderHugh,npcTraderBob,npcTraderJimmy[/color]"/>
</block>

meta indicates the enumeration.

I checked just now:

- it works in the RWG,

- meta - is select entity,

- and it does spawn once (not sure - not enough tested)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Yes, there is a chance but I will wait for A17.... :)

Some custom prefabs have them but I'm not finding much info on creating the mesh files.

You can use Hal's Tools to create meshes. Let me know if you've further questions:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor

Edit:

I am just trying to make room for other stuff in the op. That's why you see the old changelog in the comment below.^^

Changelogs (v0.3x):

Changelog v0.3 (July 11, 2017):

- added a few tool tips (not complete yet)

- added option "inverted mouse wheel" (related to "mouse wheel changes layers")

- added option for a15 xml support (the editor assumes you're working with alpha 16 unless you've activated this option)

- added a16 xml support

- added system to visualize and edit sleeper volumes (see details)

- added button for clearing inserted prefabs (This button removes the blue box. So you don't have to click on "fix position" and undo)

- changed layout to save space

- corrected spelling "Your current prefab is the small" -> "Your current prefab is too small"

- temporarily disabled "Layer-independent selection" (performance issues for large prefabs)

- renamed "side view 1" to "front view" and "side view 2" to "side view"

- fixed scaling for high dpi displays

- fixed bug related to fill tool

- fixed bug related to a15 xml support

Changelog v0.3b (July 11, 2017):

- fixed minor bug related to highlighting function in side view

- made color indicator in sleeper volume list thicker

- made a16 xml reader case insensitive

- fixed crash caused by faulty XML files

Changelog v0.3c (July 12, 2017):

- added brush tool to editing tools

- added more tool tips

- added settings for filler tool

- changed filler tool (it should edit all block properties, not just the block id)

- fixed minor bug in undo/redo algorithm

Changelog v0.3d (July 12, 2017):

- added new style option for selected blocks and "blue prefab boxes" (is disabled by default but can be enabled in the option menu) (see screenshot)

- fixed performance issues and reenabled option "Layer-independent selection"

- general performance improvements

Changelog v0.3e (July 13, 2017):

- improved placement of new sleeper volumes

- fixed bug in undo/redo function (should be bug free now^^)

Changelog v0.3f (July 14, 2017):

- added console tab (it's not too useful atm but I will add more of developer functions to the console output)

- added function "print all prefab xml data" (this console function prints a list of all properties and corresponding values used in the prefab xml files and a list of those files)

- added X-ray mode (now we can see through air blocks^^)

- fixed: closing the program while the edit tab was undocked/floating prevented to editor from starting

- renamed "prefab settings" tab to "Xml" and "sleeper volumes" tab to "Sleepers"

Changelog v0.3g (July 15, 2017):

- added optional tab "sleeper generator"

- fixed missing line-breaking of prefab xml files in windows notepad

Changelog v0.3h (July 16, 2017):

- added button "count sleeper blocks" and text field sleeper block count to volume list items (gray indicates the volume doesn't contain any sleeper blocks)

- added "remove sleepers outside volumes" button to the sleeper generator tab.

- added function: sleeper volumes can be resized using the right mouse button (it's a bit buggy atm. see details)

- added tool "place sleeper" to toolbar

- Renamed "Sleepers" tab to "Sleeper Volumes"

- fixed: x-ray didn't work (didn't update) after activation until you changed the current layer

- fixed: click on a sleeper volume which is partially outside of the prefab area unintentionally changed the position of the volume. So double click didn't work for those volumes

- fixed: old sleeper volumes will not be deleted if you load a prefab without prefab xml

Changelog v0.3j (July 17, 2017):

- added vertical tabs (can be deactivated in option menu "vertical tabs")

- enabled remove and insert rows and columns in x-ray mode

- improved resizing of sleeper volumes by mouse button (still not perfect but it's much better now)

- fixed visual issue caused by sleeper volume resize via text fields

- fixed: dock widget size (size of the tabs) not saved properly

- fixed: sleeper generator changes the size of other tabs

- fixed: size of the volume list items was too small

Changelog v0.3k (July 18, 2017):

- fixed: undo didn't work for sleeper placing tool

- fixed: creating a new prefab didn't remove sleeper volumes from previously loaded prefab

- fixed: sleeper volumes slowed layer switching down

Changelog v0.3l (July 18, 2017):

- fixed: multiple modes/tools caused crashes if you moved or resized sleeper volumes using the left or right mouse button

Changelog v0.3m (July 20, 2017):

- added new/better sleeper volume algorithm to sleeper generator (click on smart volume placing method; generating the volumes may take a few seconds!) (see details)

- added random SleeperVolumeGroups to sleeper generator (SleeperVolumeGroups will be randomly chosen from the list "active")

- added new console function "print free block ids" (shows a list of all unused ids in the console tab)

Changelog v0.3n (July 25, 2017):

- added link to the official thread to the main menu (help -> show official thread)

- added dialog on quit to save unsaved changes (implementation is not complete yet (changes on sleeper volumes will be ignored))

- improved sleeper volume placing

- made read-only text fields gray

Changelog v0.3o (July 30, 2017):

- fixed graphic bug related to sleeper volume resizing

- fixed: removing rows/columns while xray mode is on may crash the editor

- partially fixed: remove rows/columns may cause crashes (this is NOT the final bugfix but should significantly improve the current situation^^). I'll try to release the final fix within the next few days.

- temporarily disabled opengl

- added dynamic gamestage reading (so you can use custom spawning groups / use a modded gamestages.xml)

- added text field 'chances' to sleeper volume list items. this text field show the emptyChance, decoyChance and decoy1hpChance (see gamestages.xml for further explanation)

- increased the font for rotations shown in the grid

hint: please ignore the electricity stuff. It's deactivated anyway. :p

Changelog v0.3p (July 30, 2017):

- added prefab export tool (see details)

@n2n1

There will be an update next week...

Hi n2n1, the update takes longer than expected because I've found the motivation to implement some new features.^^ It will be quite big compared to the previous mini patches but it's not ready yet. So, no update today. Sorry. I need a few more days to finish the main feature. :)

Will as will!....the program is quite functional to use :)

Recent list for load, will in the next update? :fat:

PS: to provide prefab - it does not make sense. Same actions under the same circumstances, after rebooting OS - do not cause crash.

(of course, i'm sure my Soft isn't guilty....if only ... there may be a shortage of any libraries... just, i use a fairly clean environment for modding - dedicated OS, do not install anything that does not require the program...)

By the way, entity spawn works when creating decorations biomes, my head was crazy from this opportunity!

Will as will!....the program is quite functional to use :)

Recent list for load, will in the next update? :fat:

PS: to provide prefab - it does not make sense. Same actions under the same circumstances, after rebooting OS - do not cause crash.

(of course, i'm sure my Soft isn't guilty....if only ... there may be a shortage of any libraries... just, i use a fairly clean environment for modding - dedicated OS, do not install anything that does not require the program...)

By the way, entity spawn works when creating decorations biomes, my head was crazy from this opportunity!

Actually, that's a good question. The current version of QT (application framework of the editor) does have some bugs which make certain things difficult to implement, e.g. due to a bug in the framework you can select non-tts file if you load a prefab. Adding entries to the main menu at run-time causes random crashes. I suppose that's another QT related bug. That's why there is no recent file list in the main menu atm.

I could add another tab which holds the list of recently loaded files but a whole new tab just for this list? ... I don't know.^^ This could be confusing for new uses. So the answer to your question is 'maybe' (it's not unlikely. I just have to find some more features that fit to the tab thematically...).^^

No problem. The new logfiles feature should be sufficient to find the reason for the crashes.

I don't know what decorations biomes are and how they are related to prefabs.^^

I don't know what decorations biomes are and how they are related to prefabs.^^

Here mean the contents of biome.xml.

biome.xml, along with blocks, in addition has the ability to use prefabs as decorations (burned remains of houses, rock formations, piles of coal or nitrate, and etc.).

ie, some prefabs are used as decor, and controlled via biome.xml.

In fact, this used only the content of the prefabs - the blocks. In this case - the placeholders, sleepers or static spawn - don't work.

With the class "SpawnEntity" - becomes possible to spawn entity into prefabs which is part of the scenery biomes. (not RWG!)

Such previously was not available! Now it is possible to control spawn through decorations of biomes!

In short, using prefabs with sleeper volumes as biome decorations to increase spawn counts is viable using the SpawnEntity class.

No more empty cities. Every mailbox can be a spawner. Or tire. Or whatever. So instead of decorating the cities with blocks, you decorate them with 1 block prefabs.

@n2n1 Tin tried this out unsuccessfully, btw. I forget what the failure was, and am not sure if he tried to fix it.

Thanks Guppy and n2n1

Let me know if there's anything I can do. lol

Just a short preview:

There are new options for the xRay-Mode.

Ignore Air:

- identical to the old xRay-Mode

Blacklist

- Enter block Ids you want to hide

Whitelist:

- Opposite of blacklist

9Qibqll.jpg

I've added similar options to the import function:

jRz0aS9.jpg

(particularly useful if you want exclude air blocks)

Wait, there's an old xray mode? That implies there's a new xray mode, which is like the "bug" I was reporting a few weeks ago. Lol.

Wait, what? The new mode is like your reported bug? I don't get it. lol Anyway, I hope that the new mode will fix the bug.

Is there a way to set <poi lights to ''lit'' ?

Hey

I designed a huge prefab. Now i m searching for a way to set the light to ''on''

In Hals prefab editor i did this in alpha 15. but now on a 16 the editor wont work so i found pills editor.

Are we able to set the poi lights to ''on'' so that they are lit ?

We tryed conecting them to solanr banks but it ends up in a huge lag.....

perfekt thank you ... after it works i tryed same with turrents and gen for infinit power and gas and ammo for my prefab but it wount work .. ( after i gave the prefab trader prot. i wont have acces to refill the turrets and gens...think i have to make a new '' block '' for turrets and gens and electric fenses.

Does your prefab editor also generates a distant view ???

perfekt thank you ... after it works i tryed same with turrents and gen for infinit power and gas and ammo for my prefab but it wount work ..

I wish we had this kind of feature but it's not supported by the game atm.

Does your prefab editor also generates a distant view ???

No, distant meshes for prefabs can be created using Hal's tool:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor

@Guppy

Someday Guppy. Need to overcome my laziness. ;)

In light of the new block format (no id numbers) in a17, I hope you're planning ahead and also figuring out a converter.

I dunno what you're talking about. lol I thought we got more block ids? There is a comment from Gazz....

<block id="2051" name="cntCupboardCornerCNRRed">

<property name="Extends" value="cntCupboardCabinetRedTopClosed" param1="CustomIcon,Place"/>

<property name="Model" value="cupboard_corner"/>

</block>