Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

@Guppycur

Yeh now it's no block id's. Check nearer to his last few messages on the dev diary.

Are you referring to this randomly dropped piece of information?

<block name="cntToilet02">

<property name="Extends" value="cntToilet01"/>

<property name="Model" value="Plumbing/toilet02" param1="main_mesh"/>

</block>

<block name="cntToilet03">

<property name="Extends" value="cntToilet01"/>

<property name="Model" value="Plumbing/toilet03" param1="main_mesh"/>

</block>

This is rather useless since we don't know how the new system works. I cannot plan ahead.

@dcsobral

What's the Spawner thing in the XML tab?

[color=silver][size=1]- - - Updated - - -[/size][/color]

Also, does search work at all? It's always an empty tab for me.

To be honest, I can't remember what the spawner thing is. Afaik, it no longer works in A16.

The search tab is not implemented yet.

This isn't out yet, is it? It would have helped me SO MUCH right now!

There are still some limitations I am trying to eliminate. I'll try to release a small updates on this weekend... :)

And while I'm taking advantage of such an incredible tool being provided at no cost to myself, could we get a recent files feature, please?

This feature is planned.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

It works by block name. And it's not random information if you know where to look. :)

The old system was stupid to begin with. It's not just modders that suffered, but TFP themselves. I bet there were just one or two people working on blocks and items, or they'd have dropped it long ago.

It's not hard: assign the IDs when first loading the XMLs, or when creating the world. Save name/id table on world, and whenever loading a game, load that and then assign IDs for whatever remains unassigned. The IDs are probably used internally for cross references, so there's some work there too, but even that can easily be fixed by adding another level of indirection (every problem in programming can be fixed by adding indirection, except too much indirection :) ).

• 3 weeks later...

There are still some limitations I am trying to eliminate. I'll try to release a small updates on this weekend... :)

Sorry guys but I was quite busy or too stressed to work on the editor....

Preview (v0.4):

- added blacklist and whitelist for block ids to import function.

- added write protection for block ids to import function (can be combined with whitelist and blacklist).

- added support for block id lists to search tool.

- added blacklist and whitelist for block ids to xRay mode.

- added more/higher SleeperVolumeGamestageaAdjust values (2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 10000)

- added console commands:

'count id' counts the number of blocks having the selected id and the total number of non-air blocks

- added feature for log file (70 % done)

- added more tool tips

- fixed: No block id selected in advanced replace. --Keep Old-- is the new default value for block ids.

Update Time!

Actually, the main feature of 0.4 is not ready yet but who cares.^^ I am going to release it in a few minutes.

Changelog (v0.40):

- added blacklist and whitelist for block ids to import function.

- added write protection for block ids to import function (can be combined with whitelist and blacklist).

- added support for block id lists to search tool.

- added blacklist and whitelist for block ids to xRay mode.

- added more/higher SleeperVolumeGamestageaAdjust values (2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 10000) -> not tested if they work ingame

- added console commands:

'count id' counts the number of blocks having the selected id and the total number of non-air blocks

'prefab' prints the location of the currently loaded prefab

- added human-readable entries to meta and meta2 lists

- added option 'restore last session at start up' - loads the last edited prefab at start up (incl. selected view and layer)

- added feature and option for log file (don't use it unless you're experiencing crashes or other serious problems)

- added more tool tips

- increased length of undo action list from 10 to 20 steps (64 bit version only)

- fixed: No block id selected in advanced replace. --Keep Old-- is the new default value for block ids.

Done!

Edit:

Added links to the op.

Thanks! These new features - is very useful to me during the transition to the new alpha.

By the way, your previous avatar - very well would have been appropriate for the application icon :)

Mhh I don't know. Edwin looks more like a zombie imo. ;)

Can anyone give me some advice, Thanks... :)

Ive made a prefab, Saved & exported it using the BBB commands, Loaded it up into the Zombie editor, Removed all crap blocks so in all views its just my prefab, Base level is the first layer... Ive then gone into an empty world & loaded my prefab without any problems or errors & made the mesh file which all worked... Ive then added my prefab to the mixer file in as many locations as I can think of spawned a new world to find my prefab DOESNT show anywhere lol...

Can someone please tell me if ive done something wrong :(

Unless it's particularly tall, then my only suggestion is ensuring that you're editing the correct rwgmixer in the correct folder and that the .tts file is in that game folder's prefab directory.

Because otherwise, it sounds like you did everything right.

Thats what I thought but genorated 4 worlds & flew around not seeing it once..... Not sure what ive done wrong but this is the first prefab ive made so not sure... I went through the forums & followed the Utube vids thats pointed too, Not sure what else to try... I figured cos I could load it up to create the .Mesh file that ive edited it correctly in the Zombie editor... Removing all the blocks below & 2 block from above just leaving the prefab.... pullin my hair out cos I cant think whats wrong...

Ive placed all 4 files into the prefab folder & added the line

<prefab name="Ure_Bike_Shop" max_count="1" />

To the mixer file into every group including common group 1 2 & 3 lol still nothing...

Edited by Tallon (see edit history)

Flying around isn't really a great way to find if a prefab installed; if you have access to a dedicated server, use StompyNZ's BadCo API mod to do a search for it in console.

Also, check and make sure the casing is right, as that's case sensitive. I'd still check the output log to see if that prefab error-ed out on loading.

Thats what I thought but genorated 4 worlds & flew around not seeing it once..... Not sure what ive done wrong but this is the first prefab ive made so not sure... I went through the forums & followed the Utube vids thats pointed too, Not sure what else to try... I figured cos I could load it up to create the .Mesh file that ive edited it correctly in the Zombie editor... Removing all the blocks below & 2 block from above just leaving the prefab.... pullin my hair out cos I cant think whats wrong...

Ive placed all 4 files into the prefab folder & added the line

<prefab name="Ure_Bike_Shop" max_count="1" />

To the mixer file into every group including common group 1 2 & 3 lol still nothing...

perhaps, you have not prescribed zoning or belonging to the type of hub or belonging to the biome....

...or, you may have done it wrong - many of the "functions", which is available- are now working incorrect.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

@Pille

re: Feature Request

Please add a Select All / Deslect All button for Allowed Biomes and Allowed Townships, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

@Tallon

Yeh, that's probably it.

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True"/>
   <property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False"/>
   <property name="TraderArea" value="False"/>
   <property name="ExcludeDistantPOIMesh" value="False"/>
   <property name="Zoning" value="any"/>
   <property name="YOffset" value="-7"/>
   <property name="DistantPOIYOffset" value="0"/>
   <property name="AllowedBiomes" value="burnt_forest,snow,plains,pine_forest,forest,desert,wasteland_hub,wasteland,city,city_wasteland,water,radiated"/>
   <property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,rural,town,wilderness,cave"/>

- - - Updated - - -

...note the Zoning is "Any" and that the AllowedBiomes and AllowedTownships have all of them in it. This is the prefab XML.

Wicked, Just done that & it was in the first town ive came across my ONLY prob is its spawned backwards, as in 180 degres facing... As you walk up to the front you see the back of the building ?

Just noticed another error, The first block base level is ontop of the ground not level so as you walk upto it you have to jump up 1 block lol....

...note the Zoning is "Any" and that the AllowedBiomes and AllowedTownships have all of them in it.

That's what i'm talking about! - this may not work, i always write(enumerate) all zones. For example, see street fillers - they never appear.

PS: by the way, there is an interesting bug where prefab may not spawn if it in the biome "pine_forest" and it not prescribed to the type "city".

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I used the Zombie editor to add the info you said which worked, But still have the 2 issues spoken of in my last message, Its facing opposite to the road... & the base level is above the ground not level so you have to jump onto the prefab ? & the help is great by the way....

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="False"/>

<property name="Zoning" value="Commercial,Downtown,Industrial,ResidentialNew,ResidentialOld"/>

<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="burnt_forest,snow,plains,pine_forest,forest,desert,wasteland_hub,wasteland,city,city_wasteland"/>

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,rural,town,wilderness"/>

thats what I have which worked minus my other 2 issues....

Its easy cos you know what to do lol..... Have NO idea what I do with the info you just posted haha....:p

where the 0 is do I put 180 to spin it round ?

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="False"/>

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />

<property name="YOffset" value="-1"/>

<property name="Zoning" value="Commercial,Downtown,Industrial,ResidentialNew,ResidentialOld"/>

<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="burnt_forest,snow,plains,pine_forest,forest,desert,wasteland_hub,wasteland,city,city_wasteland"/>

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,rural,town,wilderness"/>

This is what ive gone with seems to work thanks.... Much apprciated guys....