Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

There is no change at the prefabs between 16.2 to 16.3

I have imported some big handmade prefabs from our old 16.2 server and i have the feeling that they generate more lags than the prefabs in the pack of Magoli. I was hoping there was something more to do to prevent from this.

I do import/export with Coppis addition and it works great, just some lag in a few prefabs.

Thanks for the information, i will explore some other explanation for this.

By the way, great work from all the community in modding and building, impressive stuff.

16.2 is only a month ago, i think you mean 15.2

Nop i mean 16.2 :) we have done wipe between 16.2 and 16.3, rwgmixer changes if i remember well and the map became corrupted if we didnt. But maybe it changes nothing for prefabs, i dont know.

Hey Pille wondering if you have had any luck with the electricity side of things :-)

Soon™. I am still shocked that we can't spawn static entities anymore (that was planned to be the main features of version 0.4) . :'( But ok, I should forget this and continue to improve the editor. Not sure when the electricity update will be available but I'll try to release a small update this weekend in order to find back to my old workflow.

Unfortunately the new update is not ready yet (want to add more stuff before releasing it) but here is a little preview of one of the new functions:

w0uCK4I.jpg

As you can see I've added a 3d brush (actually it's an option for the edit brush). So you can draw spheres and 3d 'snakes'...

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Unfortunately the new update is not ready yet (want to add more stuff before releasing it) but here is a little preview of one of the new functions:

w0uCK4I.jpg

As you can see I've added a 3d brush (actually it's an option for the edit brush). So you can draw spheres and 3d 'snakes'...

Hmmmm what is the purpose of being able to draw spheres and 3d snakes lol haha

Hmmmm what is the purpose of being able to draw spheres and 3d snakes lol haha

For instance, it can be used to make ramparts (consisting of terrain blocks), sphere roofs or water tanks :) . Imo there're a lot of applications. The current 2d based tools aren't really powerful if try to build certain 3d structures...

Apart from that, I needed something that was easy to implement because my coding skills still suffer from my long break. So it's a warm-up. :)

Cn2gui4.jpg

lpg-sphere-1000-m3-500x500.jpg

RF-Architecture-Ceiling-Milan-Shopping-Arcade-ITA007.jpg

Again, firstly - Thanks for the Editor !

and a couple not serious feedbacks from me :)

- a feature with a highlighting blockName - greatly increases the convenience (reduces unnecessary movements of the eyes!), but would like to see the names appearing in the foreground (they are often hidden by the block color - this makes it difficult to read perception)

- there is a problem with the centering of the window of main-prefab, itself after loading - to have each time to scroll through all the slider scale that would it automatically centered.

(hmmm...I use the tools panel on both sides)

- question: what information is contained in the files .pille ?

- i tried to replace the parameter meta2 to zero in all prefabs (turn off all the glowing signs "open") but it failed me to do with the function "advanced replace" - only manually, each block.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Ok thanks for your feedback...

Sneak preview: ;)

qeotbVA.png

- question: what information is contained in the files .pille ?

The color data of the sleeper volumes. It's quite useless atm but I am going to add electricity data to it...

- there is a problem with the centering of the window of main-prefab, itself after loading - to have each time to scroll through all the slider scale that would it automatically centered.

(hmmm...I use the tools panel on both sides)

I think I know what you mean. It's a little bug introduce by the sleeper system (cos you can place the sleeper volumes outside the prefab borders).

@Spectral Force, Royal Deluxe, Magoli

I am going to integrate your suggestions into the next update. So don't worry, I didn't forget them.^^

Update Time!

Changelog v0.3z (Oct. 18, 2017):

- added control: double click on a block selects all connected blocks with identical id (if you use the selection tool / mode)

- added options to edit brush ('3d' and 'ignore non-air block' (brush changes only air blocks if this option is enabled) )

- fixed: editor will crash if you try to open a non-tts file

(Due to an unsolved bug in the open file dialog you can still select files having the wrong extension (e.g. .xml).

However, wrong extensions will be changed to '.tts')

- fixed: display mode switches to 'color' when you reload a prefab

- improved text of block info at cursor position

Remark:

Please ignore the entity tab (doesn't work and will be removed in the next update).

Update Time!

Thanks !

Remark:

Please ignore the entity tab (doesn't work and will be removed in the next update).

...and... hmmm...You may not need to remove it completely.. it works for Navezgane... and maybe the situation may change...well...you know better :)

Thanks !

...and... hmmm...You may not need to remove it completely.. it works for Navezgane... and maybe the situation may change...well...you know better :)

I don't delete the code from my hard disc. Maybe I can get some info from Gazz about the future of this system....

Only one question, does the Sleeper volume Editor work ?

I cant save my edits, is this Aplication sided or did i miss something ?

Means does it save/work normally ?

in the options there is a checkbox - "Write prefab XML". Maybe you turned it off.

@Pille

by the way, i noticed that the checkbox for convenience could be moved\duplicate in the tab "Slippers volume" (nearby with "show sleepers volume") or even in a window "saving" dialog.

(this can be useful when do many correctings vanilla-prefabs - in some cases, often have to switch. And that would be better to control\see it)

Edited by n2n1
sorry about true "names" - i not on my computer :) (see edit history)