Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, version 0.4 is still not ready (soon® though). So instead of an update you get some hints regarding rotations (that's something I've discovered recently).

There are blocks having the property OnlySimpleRotations. If you open the block.xml and remove all occurrences of the line

<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>

you should have more available rotations for certain blocks (e.g. for the garage door). However, there are other rotations which will still remain inaccessible ingame (you can set them in the editor though even if you haven't modded the blocks.xml).

zeEvNR1.jpg

Does anybody how we can make all rotations available (without editor / for ingame usage)?

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Unfortunately, version 0.4 is still not ready (soon® though). So instead of an update you get some hints regarding rotations (that's something I've discovered recently).

There are blocks having the property OnlySimpleRotations. If you open the block.xml and remove all occurrences of the line

<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="false"/>

you should have more available rotations for certain blocks (e.g. for the garage door). However, there are other rotations which will still remain inaccessible ingame (you can set them in the editor though even if you haven't modded the blocks.xml).

zeEvNR1.jpg

Does anybody how we can make all rotations available (without editor / for ingame usage)?

Thats cool to know! Side note about the garage door. You have to be careful how you place it as placing it to near to certain blocks can cause cast ray errors. I assume this is due to some collision detection for the door when it opens/closes. I ran into this problem when using it as the door for my outdoor garbage enclosure within my mcdowell's prefab. :)

Thats cool to know!

Actually it's annoying since we have to recheck hundreds of blocks ids (because some of the blocks could have an useful unknown rotation^^).

Side note about the garage door. You have to be careful how you place it as placing it to near to certain blocks can cause cast ray errors. I assume this is due to some collision detection for the door when it opens/closes. I ran into this problem when using it as the door for my outdoor garbage enclosure within my mcdowell's prefab. :)

Ohh thanks for the hint!

New to your wonderful tool and pre-fabs in general.

I have been making some very small basic prefabs using the guides that you guys have been making and I really love the programe.

I wanted to put some on a map to see them but the only way I have found to do so is through Hals prefab program. Is this right?

and one more question. How could I get these prefabs onto my existing mp PVP server?

Thank you

I have been making some very small basic prefabs using the guides that you guys have been making and I really love the programe.

I wanted to put some on a map to see them but the only way I have found to do so is through Hals prefab program. Is this right?

and one more question. How could I get these prefabs onto my existing mp PVP server?

Thank you

To get them on your pvp server, you'd have to upload the tts file to the prefab server, and have either Coppi's Mod or Bad Company Manager installed on the server. You can use either to import your prefab.

They do what they should do. ;) You place an entity somewhere in the prefab and the entity spawns (together with the prefab, no matter if RWG or Hal's import function).

Yes yes - this is work for a16! (i checked this on my old prefabs).

Cool ! I wait this feature!

...but i couldn't spawn this way in RWG...:(

(before, i tested it on Navezgane)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

To get them on your pvp server, you'd have to upload the tts file to the prefab server, and have either Coppi's Mod or Bad Company Manager installed on the server. You can use either to import your prefab.

Yeh the three - Stompynzs badco api. Hals commands or coppis. But if you have a tts you can also upload to your server and place the prefab into the rwgmixer to for it to spawn naturally.

@Spectral Force, stallionsden

Thanks for being so supportive. :)

@Mr.Kinder

I think Spectral Force and stallionsden have already answered your questions but if there's anything else you want to know, just ask.

@n2n1

That would be bad. I'll have a look at this issue. Thanks.

a really nice idea would be a Randompaint.

Means the user can make a list of blocks he want and give every block a propability

As example, the user make a free field and want to place

Boulder 0.1%

Azalea 5%

Rock01 2%

Rock02 2%

Rock03 2%

Rock04 2%

Rock05 1%

Rock06 1%

Rock07 1%

Rock08 1%

Rock09 1%

Grass

Thats cool to know! Side note about the garage door. You have to be careful how you place it as placing it to near to certain blocks can cause cast ray errors. I assume this is due to some collision detection for the door when it opens/closes. I ran into this problem when using it as the door for my outdoor garbage enclosure within my mcdowell's prefab. :)

Had the same issue, good to know

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74279-Maybe-Modrelated-Bug-But-maybe-it-helps-detecting-in-Vanilla

@n2n1

(before, i tested it on Navezgane)

Me too.

I am not able to use the static spawns in RWG. That's really annoying.:(

@Guppycur

Please add a feature that writes my claims for me, thanks.

What kind of claims are you talking about? lol

@Royal Delux

Have you fixed the prefab (because I don't get any error messages)?

hoKLpC8.jpg

a really nice idea would be a Randompaint.

Means the user can make a list of blocks he want and give every block a propability

As example, the user make a free field and want to place

Boulder 0.1%

Azalea 5%

Rock01 2%

Rock02 2%

Rock03 2%

Rock04 2%

Rock05 1%

Rock06 1%

Rock07 1%

Rock08 1%

Rock09 1%

Grass

There were ideas in my head for a random vegetation brush and actually there's no reason to not have such a feature.

Convert Prefab from 16.2 to 16.3

Hello guys,

I want to convert a prefab from a 16.2 server to a 16.3.

I think that can be done with this editor, but i have no idea how :o

Is there a way to see if some bocks are not recognize or something ?

Hello guys,

I want to convert a prefab from a 16.2 server to a 16.3.

I think that can be done with this editor, but i have no idea how :o

Is there a way to see if some bocks are not recognize or something ?

I got 15.2 prefabs in my a16.3 game lol. You need to use Hals prefab converter. The place tts and xml in a16.3 game prefab folder and then use pille editor to view prefab.

I fairly certain a16.2 prefabs will be the same as a16.3. As my village hadnt changed in the update.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)