Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

looks great. Curious tho, how does the forge work since you don't have an output field for it?

There is an output field. It's under the queue, I was just too lazy to figure out how to visually make labels for all the sections of the inventory, since it's not an easy task to make them fit well and look pretty into the design.

Idea is as follows: Everything on the left side is input - crafting recipe list (5x5), queue (5x1), output slots (5x2). Everything on the right is input. Only way Forge is different is that it has only 3 slots for smelting ore as input.

I tried to make forges work with different materials (from inventory), but it results in spam of errors, which is why it doesn't have 5x4 input grid under the standard.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

I'm not sure how to react about it, but in the last few days there aren't coming in that much issue reports from the testing phase on the server. It's either a good thing or a bad thing, maybe people haven't stumbled across them yet, but the testing process is going quite well.

I am glad, that I didn't rush with the release of xml files for the public yet, because there were a lot of things overseen and missed, that are all now fixed and more things are being improved over time as well. If no major issue will come up by the end of this week, then I will be releasing the xml files, so far the mod looks pretty stable, no errors in the console etc.

The only 2 main issues though, that I have and I doubt I will solve without diving into .dll/SDX territory is small hickups/lag because of all the new recipes (only way to deal with it is by typing something in the recipe search field), and the second issue is related to inventory size - because of how many items have been added and considering the fact, that there will be a lot more to come, inventory size is very underwhelming. Even with additional storage on the minibike it seems like it's not enough.

:smile-new:

The only 2 main issues though, that I have and I doubt I will solve without diving into .dll/SDX territory is small hickups/lag because of all the new recipes (only way to deal with it is by typing something in the recipe search field), and the second issue is related to inventory size - because of how many items have been added and considering the fact, that there will be a lot more to come, inventory size is very underwhelming. Even with additional storage on the minibike it seems like it's not enough.

:smile-new:

A better way to deal with recipe lag is clicking on the Favorite's Star and leaving it on. That way there is no lag when you open your inventory.

I'm really interested to know if/what you did about progression. (How fast a player / team reaches "endgame")

Any insight in your thought process?

Depends on luck, really. If you happen to find some good items early on, then within days you will be there.

It will be dealing with this issue over time, by introducing tiered items and some only craftable (endgame) such as titanium alloys, diamond coated auger blades etc.

You can still find mechanical parts the conventional ways? I've never made them before, never needed to. So was just curious.

Yes, for now :)

This looks amazing... will there be new 3d models for the weapons and work stations?

Also is this mod aiming to be more difficult than vanilla... I hope so!

About 3D models yes and no. Once all the UI work will be done, I will branch the mod into two versions: Lite and Full, where Full will be with SDX and .dll changes and not compatible with EAC.

For now I'm more about balancing and making the mod an enjoyable, yet challenging experience. In some sense it's more difficult, in other not so much, with all the new items, loot abundance is noticeable and inventory management has never been harder, but a lot more fun to play!

for now!? not liking the sounds of that :)

Hey could you contact Games4kickz and ask him to test your build out? I'd love to watch him play test it for you on youtube, I'm sure he'd be right into it. Would garner more interest in it as well.

By saying for now I meant, that I might make them obsolete and replace with propper items, just like i did with electricParts and electronicParts.

I've seen Games4kickz videos, quite a bit actually, but I would rather wait till the xml files are ready to be shared with the world, so that he could play by himself in single player or co-op with friends ;)

By saying for now I meant, that I might make them obsolete and replace with propper items, just like i did with electricParts and electronicParts.

I've seen Games4kickz videos, quite a bit actually, but I would rather wait till the xml files are ready to be shared with the world, so that he could play by himself in single player or co-op with friends ;)

Aw ok. Kickz had commented yesterday about how he'd be happy to test out the starvation mod even though it wasn't finished yet. He just wants something new to showcase since vanilla is uhm... well vanilla. ;)

I figured your mod just looks amazing and would give him something to be excited about.

This mod seems awesome!

One question, it will support Compopack?

Translating, it will mod the rwgmixer or will use the vanilla?

:encouragement:

For now it uses vanilla POIs and default rwgmixer, for testing purposes obviously, so it should, theoretically be compatible, because I haven't dived into POIs yet.

Yesterday I spent all day improving the UI for all the crafting workstations and managed to overwrite all of the related UI xml code to them. On top of that today I made some first baby steps on adding Titanium to the game:

qASz4L0.jpg

As for the Client XML files, you will have to be a little bit more patient. This week has been very busy regarding testing and I can say thank you for all the feedback I got from people, who took their time, joined the test server and reporting bugs, glitches and balancing issues.

A lot of tweaks have been made because of that, though the mod isn't quite there yet to be shared, because loot drops aren't that well balanced and progression curve needs some tweaking, because you can get to mid/end game very, very easy if you are super lucky and get your hands on some nice toys early on in the game (like within first few hours). Those things need to be somehow addressed.

Very difficult task to balance progression in a game, where loot is RNG based. And sadly there is no way to lock certain items to spawn before you have reached nth level in the game.

Great to see, that the mod is progressing smoothly.

Any news regarding balancing?

It's what me and fellow members of the community have been doing for the past two weeks now. Result mostly is nerfing drop rates of things.

This looks cool.

Can you give a quick run-down over what this mod offers over the extremely popular Val-Mod?

Most of the stuff is said on the front page of this thread, however my most largest emphasis is on visuals and balance between things, that makes sense and things, that require to be there in order for gameplay to happen.

Basically I want to increase the immersion factor of the game both by adding more functional elements and clutter items, just like, for example, fallout 4 has. With Undead Legacy looting will be a lot more fun and interesting and even scavenging through trash piles will seem more fun and it's been already proved upon during the testing period.

Is Valmod more developed - yes and it had quite a lot more time to stabilize its features. But if you want to compare it to Undead Legacy, then, in my opinion, it's like comparing oranges and apples.

厉害了我的哥

Has been concerned for a long time, due to the reasons for the delay failed to participate in a very good test, used in a14, can see a really good in a16 refueling I have translated their own country language, hope the author as soon as possible Load the DLL model version which of course is excellent mod stick sticks:狂喜:

So I've been working hard on 1.1 update for the mod, here's what to expect with it:

Ingame ESC menu adapted to new UI style:

f8GWeuMm.png

Welcoming window, when you first create a world or join the first time on a server:

XuuXDVVm.png

47 Collectible magazines, that each unlock 1 unique perk:

e8toVzFm.png

3 tiers (iron,steel,titani for tools and armor:

WDXzLhFm.png

Other notes:

- Balancing of all food items,

- improved localization and description for certain items,

- craftable titanium bars,

- balances to crafting recipe progression,

- introduction of "Blacksmith" perk with 12 levels, that you need to upgrade, if you want to craft metal based items.

Also I am aware, that A16.4 experimental is out and I'm gonna wait till it goes out of experimental to make the necessary adjustments to address to the changes related to the update and then possibly the mod XMLs will be available for download ;)

Great mod, been playing for a few days on the test server. It's soo much more fun to find real garbage in trash heaps than preprocessed materials....

The Qualitiy of the Icons and additional Graphics is incredible, and fits surprisingly well into the game/world. Its really IMMERSIVE.