Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

newest screenshots are looking good, enjoying the mod so far there is a lot more variety when it comes down to items, especially food.

Would it be possible to add in the item descriptions for the tools like wielding torch to state which they belong into since your interface you dont show the "shadow img" unlike how the original one had (ie forge showed us anvil, tool set, calipers".

Also any plans to do the compass area of the screen, the main screen is so well designed the compass is in much need of a redo XD.

(..) Would it be possible to add in the item descriptions for the tools like wielding torch to state which they belong into since your interface you dont show the "shadow img" unlike how the original one had (ie forge showed us anvil, tool set, calipers".

Also any plans to do the compass area of the screen, the main screen is so well designed the compass is in much need of a redo XD.

Descriptions are incomplete or missing for many items and over time I will fill them up correctly, but point noted, I will prioritize usable tool items first in terms of creating descriptions. I removed grayed out icons, because most workstations have more than 3 tools, that they can support and the game can't handle more than 3 tool slots, because starting with 4th slot game starts to dupe items.

Regarding compass, it's something, that will be changed as well, yes. I plan to change ALL the panels/menus etc wherever possible over time. Priorities on what goes first though is based more on how much free time i have and what mood I am at, because sometimes creativity just isn't there for me some days.

And now, remember there is this item in the game called "Spark Plug"? There will finally be use for it (my apologies beforehand for any auto technician out there, but I tried my best and for anyone else, that don't really love complicated recipes, I'm very sorry about that, but an engine is quite a complicated machinery):

w29ehc8.jpg

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

holy mother of god.. i did not expect an actual car style engine that's so awesome because it also ties into alpha 17's new vehicles too, the recipe looks about right part wise.. not to many of the new parts required but lots of rubber and wires is a good combo. I'd say u got that spot on dude..

also glad u recognized the item description for tools would be greatly beneficial since u can use more than the available slots now, this mod is getting better with each preview, 7dtd team should just hire you and make all your ui changed official as well as add all your tweaks and balances etc. this is defiantly a mod i will be fallowing closely. Man you got me so excited for god knows whatelse u can add to spice gameplay up

New version v1.1.1.0 is out!

Patch notes:

• Bugfix: Wasteland Mechanic magazine learns Grease Monkey perk.
  • Bugfix: Wooden Spikes can't be repaired.
  • Bugfix: Welding torch can't be bought from traders.
  • Bugfix: Whiskey no longer extinguishes fire.
  • Bugfix: Fusion Cell has same stats as regular battery.

• Change: Most of the UI has been changed/updated and improved, both on visuals and under the hood (cleaner code).
  • Change: Updated Minibike Chassis description text.
  • Change: Updated Minibike Book to include new frames.
  • Change: Updated ALL item descriptions. Some now include information where they are used as tools and what material you will get when scrapping.
  • Change: Removed "Immunity from weather" buff (the icon that was always on)
  • Change: Added description to Noodle Soup Package
  • Change: Renamed Noodle Soup Bowl to Noodle Soup, added description
  • Change: Fusion Generator has battery bank block model.
  • Change: Black Suit Pants and Jacket are now craftable.
  • Change: Iron Armor requires Welding Torch to be crafted.
  • Change: Titanium Armor requires Advanced Welder to be crafted.
  • Change: Animal Hide, Cloth, Leather and Scrap armor recipes altered and more difficult to craft.
  • Balancing: Fridge Coolant moved to Smithing Table and requires Welding Torch to be made.

• Balancing: Increased the chance to find Bench Vice, Welding Torch, Tool and Die set.
  • Balancing: Increased Meat Stew and Vegetable Stew stats to match ingredients used. Meat stew now will require less ingredients.
  • Balancing: Noodle soup also increases stamina.
  • Balancing: Updated automotive loot groups.
  • Balancing: Changed stats for Fusion Cell and Fusion Generator. Fusion Cell price changed from 600 to 6000.
  • Balancing: Altered Junk Car salvage components and probabilities. Included new engine parts as well.
  • Balancing: Antibiotics no longer cure Infection Stage 4

• New items: Canned Pineapples, Pineapple, Rotten Pineapple, Pineapple slice, Rotten Pineapple slice, Paprika, Rotten Paprika, Crankshaft, Piston, Engine Block, Engine Cylinder Head, Engine Oil Pan, Engine Intake Manifold, Engine Exhaust Manifold, Engine Manifolds, Engine Water Pump, Engine Oil Pump, Engine Parts, Lithium Battery Cells, Lithium Battery, Car Engine, Car Engine Recipe, Small Plane Engine, Lawn Mower Engine, Fine Fabric, Short Steel Pipe, Advanced Welder, Keyboard, VHS Tape, Steel Minibike Chassis, Titanium Minibike Chassis, Leather Strip, Brass Belt Buckle

• New blocks: Advanced Generator Bank (Requires Car Engines to run)

Wow what a fantastically polished mod. Thanks for what must be many many hours of work. 1 question and 1 request though. just started playing this today and first thing i noticed is the vanilla pois. im adding the compo pack and am wondering if this will cause any issues you are aware of. and my request is controller support, currently the left most column of the crafting menu is inaccesable by controller. i assume the same will be true when i get forges and other menus as well. other than that fantastic work and again thank you for sharing your work with the community

Wow what a fantastically polished mod. Thanks for what must be many many hours of work. 1 question and 1 request though. just started playing this today and first thing i noticed is the vanilla pois. im adding the compo pack and am wondering if this will cause any issues you are aware of. and my request is controller support, currently the left most column of the crafting menu is inaccesable by controller. i assume the same will be true when i get forges and other menus as well. other than that fantastic work and again thank you for sharing your work with the community

The mod should have no issues with Compo Pack, because it's running alongside compo pack on the test server.

Regarding your second issue with the controllers, I'm sorry, it's just that I don't own one, so there is no way for me to test the compatibility with it.

thanks for the quick reply. as for the controller issue, im pretty technically retarded but maybe i could figure it out. would you have any idea what files i would be looking to mess with? i tested out the forges and same issue except with it being a larger menu the right side is also not accesable

Sounds like there is some windows missing cursor_area="true"

Like in the below example

<window name="windowCraftingQueue" width="397" height="78" panel="Left" cursor_area="true">
	<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->
	<rect depth="0" pos="96,0" width="303" controller="CraftingQueue">
		<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" pos="0,-10" /> -->
		<grid name="queue" rows="1" cols="4" pos="3,-13" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true">
			<recipe_stack name="0" />
		</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

the important part in the above example is cursor_area="true" As long as that gets added to your windows in the windows.xml you should be able to scroll over it with a controller

@Zombizie

The way the mod xml files were created would make it really hard for you to do anything about it, since all the changes are contained within a single line or a few lines of code.

Files you are looking for are Data/Config/XUi/windows.xml and Data/Config/XUi/controls.xml, but to be honest I can't help you any more with any kind of guidance where things need to be changed without seeing myself what and where doesn't work.

Edit: Thanks for the tip stedman420, I will try to look into that when possible.

thanks for the quick reply. as for the controller issue, im pretty technically retarded but maybe i could figure it out. would you have any idea what files i would be looking to mess with? i tested out the forges and same issue except with it being a larger menu the right side is also not accesable

A new hotfix version v1.1.1.1 (very beautiful number lol) is out, that fixes your controller issues, patch notes:

• Bugfix: Controller cursor couldn't reach certain areas of the UI
  • Bugfix: Cursor icons on item/perk actions were offset.

For anyone not using a controller, you can still play v1.1.1.0 version of the mod, the new version only affects controllers.

Also @stedman420 thank you for your information, it did help!

Awesome i just got home and was going to mess with some files and see if i could figure something out, but youve already done it. i realize controller issues probably arent exactly high on the priority list so i really appreciate you taking the time to do it. so much so that had there been a donation link in the op you would have just recieved some cash

I've seen @borekplays play some of this mod and I love the UI. I just read the mod description and it seem more Builder based. Are there any special zombies or quests? Bandits or Npc's?

Awesome looking UI tho!!

In the current version there are no changes to zombies or any other kind of entities. Until the UI isn't all finished, that's not on the radar for now.

Awesome i just got home and was going to mess with some files and see if i could figure something out, but youve already done it. i realize controller issues probably arent exactly high on the priority list so i really appreciate you taking the time to do it. so much so that had there been a donation link in the op you would have just recieved some cash

No problem, was glad to help out. And I have to work on that donation link! :)

New version 1.1.1.3 is out, that fixes:

• Minor, but annoying bug, that I overlooked, where some item stats were overflowing the UI (1.1.1.2)
  • Revolver bug related to ammo and reloading, it had improperly defined ammo parameter (1.1.1.3)

Also for anyone not liking Patreon, but wishing to help me out with a donation, I added PayPal donation link to the main post.

New version 1.1.1.3 is out, that fixes:

• Minor, but annoying bug, that I overlooked, where some item stats were overflowing the UI (1.1.1.2)
  • Revolver bug related to ammo and reloading, it had improperly defined ammo parameter (1.1.1.3)

Also for anyone not liking Patreon, but wishing to help me out with a donation, I added PayPal donation link to the main post.

I started using your mod, and for now im loving it.

A minor issue with the server zip file, there is a folder

named "7DaysToDie_Data", but for server it must be

named "7DaysToDieServer_Data".

Thanks

I started using your mod, and for now im loving it.

A minor issue with the server zip file, there is a folder

named "7DaysToDie_Data", but for server it must be

named "7DaysToDieServer_Data".

Thanks

Thank you for reporting that. I thought they were the same, so I didn't double check. I reuploaded 1.1.1.3 server files for 72 slots, so it should be fixed now.

Modlauncher support?

Was poking around looking for a new mod to play (especially with a focus on building) and found this one. UI looked interesting, but I couldn't find it in Mod Launcher. Sorry if asked and answered before, haven't gone through all 20 pages of this thread (kudos on the ongoing interest and support!) and search didn't turn up anything). Thanks in advance!

@Scorpo Sadek I'm glad you are interested in the mod, however it will not be available for mod launcher in the nearest future because of an issue on how the mod files are stored on my server, that's not quite compatible with the mod launcher. Until that's sorted out, you need to install it the old fashion way, aka manually and preferably on a clean game.

Wow, thanks for the super quick reply! I was afraid that was probably the case. I tend to roll several flavors of 7DTD at the same time, so it can get a bit challenging to manage the files/folders directly. I'll see what I can figure out as I really want to give this one a go. Thanks again!

I found a link to this mod through the Steam forums and am really enjoying everything about the mod so far. It's been running extremely smooth for me, which isn't always the case with some of the other mods. I'm only on day 3 but like the new challenges the mod presents. I'd highly recommend it!

I found a link to this mod through the Steam forums and am really enjoying everything about the mod so far. It's been running extremely smooth for me, which isn't always the case with some of the other mods. I'm only on day 3 but like the new challenges the mod presents. I'd highly recommend it!

Glad you are enjoying it! Sadly modding forums on steam for this game aren't very active and seems like people don't go there to look for mods that often.

1.1.1.4 update is out, patch notes:

• Bugfix: Recipes weren't refreshing when you were trying to check what recipes an item is being used on unless the inventory recipe menu was open.
  • Bugfix: Hud missing backgrounds for acquired items and active buffs.
  • Change: New compass for the HUD, includes Core Temperature and Elevation level.

j5AOLqc.jpg

1.1.1.5 Lockpicking update is out - usable lockpicks! Patch notes:

• Change: Lockpicks can now be used to unlock gun safes, wall safes, desk safes, green drawers and many POI doors. Their price has been raised.
  • Change: Lockpics can now be bought from traders.
  • Change: Lockpics can now be crafted.
  • Change: Knitters Loom is used to craft cloth fragments cheaper than by hand (crafting by hand is 2x more expensive now).
  • Change: A handful of items have received updated descriptions.