Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Feedback: when you click on an item to see recipies, the game show you the last recipie you check in the recepie menu and not the current item you check, you need to check again the item on the recepie list to see the recepies, from that item. So far is the only bug I found or error.

Sadly I don't have much control about it, I'm left in the mercy of TFP for the recipe list and how it works without diving into SDX.

It also impacts inventory lag, because it searches through all the available recipes whenever some changes are made to the inventory. As far as I know, the only mod that fixed this is Starvation mod, but it's an SDX mod. When I will have more free time, I will branch the mod into xml edits only and a version, that increases inventory space and features fixes like recipes not lagging etc.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

When you use the storage of the minibike, when you reach the half of the slots. All the items in the minibike drop on the floor.
Are you by any chance trying to put a minibike basket into the inventory with shift clicking it in?

When you swap baskets of minibike, it drops all the contents of the bike to the ground, not a bug of the mod, but more of an issue of the game itself.

Are you by any chance trying to put a minibike basket into the inventory with shift clicking it in?

When you swap baskets of minibike, it drops all the contents of the bike to the ground, not a bug of the mod, but more of an issue of the game itself.

Well it's odd, never happen before not in vanilla or other mod, and happen to me this time 5 times, bot the odd part it's not always happen, sometime do other not, I usually use the shift key and then click on the item to move it the item of the back pack to the storage. For now I will do it more slowly. In the five times that happen this always I was doing fast. And thanks for the quick response :smile-new:

Minibike should drop stuff from the basket only when you try to replace basket with a different basket, because when you do that, even though it seems seamless, you actually unequip the basket from the bike for a brief moment (milliseconds), resulting in things dropping out of it.

It happened to me a few times, when I wasn't paying attention to what stuff I am putting in the minibike storage and i in a rush tried to quick move a minibike basket item, that was in my inventory, to the minibike inventory, and as a result all the stuff spewed out on the ground. Lost like 50% of it, because my bike was full :D

Minibike should drop stuff from the basket only when you try to replace basket with a different basket, because when you do that, even though it seems seamless, you actually unequip the basket from the bike for a brief moment (milliseconds), resulting in things dropping out of it.

It happened to me a few times, when I wasn't paying attention to what stuff I am putting in the minibike storage and i in a rush tried to quick move a minibike basket item, that was in my inventory, to the minibike inventory, and as a result all the stuff spewed out on the ground. Lost like 50% of it, because my bike was full :D

Probably you right Sub, I have a basket in my inventory when this happen to me, what dumb I am LOL :nevreness:

Congratulations for your work.

There is a serious problem with the loot that is exaggerated.

In three looting I already had the inventory full.

Review this, thanks.

Loot abundance is something to be balanced, it's a known issue, that will be worked on over time, but thanks for pointing that out.

The problem however arises because of the fact, that I wanted to make the world seem less empty and more like in Fallout, where you can find all kinds of junk laying around, therefore not only the loot abundance needs tweaking, but recipe costs as well by increasing required ingredients costs to match how much loot you get, which isn't an easy task to do, but hopefully over time it will be better ironed out ;)

Loving the mod but have to agree. So much loot that I am spending half my day running back to base to unload. Wouldn't want you to remove anything from the game but need much bigger backpack and/or something like what Starvation mod does.

Tried it out with zombie mods from True Survival. This mod gives off vanilla feel with gorgeous icons and UI. Definitely needs custom zombie mods to spike it up. Nevertheless, this mod is great for those who prefer vanilla gameplay with some more stuff added.

My suggestion is to make uncraftable stuff greyed out in the UI so it is easier to notice them. Also I found a solar cell in the cabinet. I think it shouldn't be lootable (or lootable but found in high end loot boxes rather than random cabinets). A lot of new junks make it somewhat harder to manage backpack but I feel neutral about expanding backpack.

In the campfire recipe menu there are some the call for a bread pan or deep frier. On the screen there is only room for three tools, the pot, grill and beaker. Is there something I’m missing?

As I replied to you on discord, if anyone is wondering - the slots aren't fixed, so you can put whatever tools you want in the tool slots.

@wolverine11979, @x33166, @Razor_ - thanks for the feedback :)

Notes:

-The wisky bottle should not give you hidratation & extinguish fire

-the tea pot can be use in the future to boil water?

-The lockpicks can be use in the future to open safes?

-The can food can be serve on bowls or plate and be heated later?

Notes:

-The wisky bottle should not give you hidratation & extinguish fire

-the tea pot can be use in the future to boil water?

-The lockpicks can be use in the future to open safes?

-The can food can be serve on bowls or plate and be heated later?

Regarding Whisky bottle you are correct, I will note it for the to be fixed list. Regarding tea pot and lockpicks I would suggest for you to read the item description for them ingame ;)

Regarding canned food being heated, you wouldn't get much more nutritional value out of them by doing that, so for the nearest future there are no plans for processing canned food.

I really like what you have done with the UI/HUD, loot is awesome but as someone already mentioned, a bigger backpack would be great. Good job :encouragement:

Thanks. I also wish backpack size could be made bigger without diving into SDX, changing .dlls etc.

Is there any wiki page or manual to mod? Like list of new items etc.

No, but good point and I assume the mod might need one some day :D

I would suggest you to join our discord chat if you have any questions regarding the mod and me and other undead legacy community members will be glad to help you out.

Link: https://discord.gg/CZY8W2t

Get this bad boy on the mod launcher

I tried, there are some issues I encountered while trying to add the mod to the mod launcher using my custom link to the mod. I did contact the mod launcher author, but it doesn't seem like he cares to update his mod launcher to support my kind of url to the mod zip file, so I don't know when or if the mod will support the mod launcher, because if the mod launchers author doesn't care about improving/updating his program, why should I care.

I tried, there are some issues I encountered while trying to add the mod to the mod launcher using my custom link to the mod. I did contact the mod launcher author, but it doesn't seem like he cares to update his mod launcher to support my kind of url to the mod zip file, so I don't know when or if the mod will support the mod launcher, because if the mod launchers author doesn't care about improving/updating his program, why should I care.

Aww that sucks I hope you manage to get in on there! Makes it so much easier to install without effecting the vanilla game.

...just so I'm clear; someone else takes the time to create and publish a well used piece of software that literally dozens of modders utilize successfully... that SAME author takes the time out of his busy real life day to walk YOU through what YOU need to do in order to be supported by his mod launcher, and then you blast him as if it's his fault that you are so narcissistic that you just have to know how many downloads you get, and accuse him of not caring (remember, this is the guy who not only wrote the launcher for people, but updates it continuously to support new mods, AND DOESN'T EVEN MOD HIMSELF) because he won't bend to your specific wants?

...I just want to make sure I'm all caught up.

...just so I'm clear; someone else takes the time to create and publish a well used piece of software that literally dozens of modders utilize successfully... that SAME author takes the time out of his busy real life day to walk YOU through what YOU need to do in order to be supported by his mod launcher, and then you blast him as if it's his fault that you are so narcissistic that you just have to know how many downloads you get, and accuse him of not caring (remember, this is the guy who not only wrote the launcher for people, but updates it continuously to support new mods, AND DOESN'T EVEN MOD HIMSELF) because he won't bend to your specific wants?

...I just want to make sure I'm all caught up.

First of all, let's not dive too much out of the topic here, because I don't want this topic to go out of hand and talk about how good or how bad someone is.

Now that out of the way, let me give you a rundown. I am a programmer IRL, I do it as a living, my girlfriend is also a programmer and we are pretty good at what we do, however at this point of my life I don't have much free time to spare and despite all that I sat a whole day trying 20+ different methods to make the mod launcher to work, but the way he implemented the obtainment of the .zip file is flawed and only accepts direct .zip files.

I don't have time at the moment to make a mod launcher app from ground up, but I could, if I had the spare time for it. He on the other hand, if he was so skillful to make the mod launcher app, would require idk, maybe 10-15 minutes to implement minor adjustments to how the .zip file function works to accept all kinds of indirect links, that give in result a .zip file.

I think I am for the most part a really nice guy and most if not all people I met would agree on that and based on my private conversations with the mod launcher developer I got the feeling, that he didn't care and he was pretty much with the attitude "deal with it, everyone else does, you will to" (not quoting his real words, my interpretation of it).

Now imagine if The Fun Pimps would be with the same attitude, when we as a community asks something for them to do so that we have more options to mod the game? 7 days to die modding wouldn't be the same as it is now if it would be true.

Also if everyone else would run off a cliff, would you too if you knew, there might be a better way, perhaps not to jump?