Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

(..) Will this mod be for servers also?

I'm developing it on a local dedicated server, so Yes, it definitely will support dedicated servers, however clients will require textures to be downloaded by themselves, because as of now game doesn't push item icons to the clients.

The user interface uses some custom textures from ItemIconAtlas and thus also requires textures downloaded separately and those, that will join a server with this mod and without downloaded textures, will have a wall of red text in the console of missing image files.

For server owners it will be basically a two part mod:

Textures - Required by the client and not the server

XML edits - Required by the server and not the client

For single player mode:

Textures + XML files will be required.

Edited the main post and organized it a little bit more tidier and also added a poll question link under an image about the UI changes and you can go and rate how much you like the new look of the UI or just click the image below:

7FWonIHm.png

And for those of you, that aren't that patient, I'm working on the main HUD at the moment and once it is done, I'll post a download link for the UI changes.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

It's taking a while on making the hud, because I want to make a good job with it's own flavor.

Here's a sneak peak on the central bottom hud area (take in mind, it's still work in progress and will look much better when I'm done with it, but the basic layout will be more like that):

41AbgrA.png

Update: Added weapon ammo right besides the center hotbar near the thirst/hunger bars:

cLCF3Xz.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

I've used Val's mod for SO long, and before that Rongo's and another who hasn't replied to my questions IN TWO YEARS, but this one excites me!! I LOVE what you did so far with the screenshots of the hud and inventory and such and an waiting excitedly to see how it turns out. It always annoyed me that they used the picture and words instead of a list of pictures like you do and after this long yours is a refreshing change. In my opinion it makes things more noticeable and quicker. Instead of scanning for the words 'wood frame' and this little picture, I just have to look for the icon now, it would be much quicker to do. Keep up the good work and I wait excitedly for the release!!

OMG it's so COOOOOOOOL!!!!

It's taking a while on making the hud, because I want to make a good job with it's own flavor.

Here's a sneak peak on the central bottom hud area (take in mind, it's still work in progress and will look much better when I'm done with it, but the basic layout will be more like that):

41AbgrA.png

Update: Added weapon ammo right besides the center hotbar near the thirst/hunger bars:

cLCF3Xz.png

this is the best HUD, i want so much to use it! *¬*

hey, can you put this one in the modpack?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37573-Shears-%28Weed-Whacker%29

it's so usefull

I agree with you there. The current one is like two steps from the old one. We're at alpha 15 now, we need an snazzy new hud, not an minimal one! I love this one and what has been done for the creative menu and such. It would actually make alpha 15 feel like an new game, not an minimally updated one! There's more to alpha's then just better graphics and new zombies!!!

When will this MOD be out, and will it be easy to install for people new to running a server?

It would be as easy as copy/paste files in appropriate folders.

For those of you impatient out there, that can't wait to get their hands on the ui part, I'm sorry, but I will release it, when the hud will be as good as I want it to be and I don't want to rush out a crappy version, that might have some bugs etc. I also am busy with work and with university homework stuff and I code it in my free time, hope you understand :)

However long it takes you to perfect it. Don't let us try and make you release it early. Personally I was just expressing my excitement, not trying to bug you to do it sooner. If it came off that way, sorry. I regularly check back with you so take the time you need, better perfect then buggy as hell.

As you said, probably a troller. Sometimes I think there are people out there who just troll the internet looking for things to ruin, abuse or be cruel too. Unfortunately it's a part of life and you can't let it get you down. It's like when you go on Youtube and watch a touching video, but there is ALWAYS one dislike, just for the thrill of being mean. Eh, ignore them. Keep up the good work and when you're ready we'll be waiting.

It might be, who knows ;)

For the past few days I've been sick and thus haven't posted anything recently on the forums.

Here's some progress I made with the HUD:

gNE1xkf.png

Lmao, I thought so! :p

Looks very good man! Keep it up, and hope you're doing better :)