Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

On 8/1/2024 at 8:04 AM, Grandpa Minion said:

What i know is pve and pvp servers have already disabled vehicles off their servers because of how bad the bug is and that i've been told... "When you move a kinematic object, you can not apply velocity. Velocity is a linear based system in unity", appeartantly unity used to allow you to but changed with their new update. I also know it gets so bad it causes the csmm hosted monitor manager to start lagging and freeze up. Also i'm 100% convinced the devs already know about the issue since one of them spoke about it when they attempted to fix the vehicle dupe glitch in experimental. The whole reason for my post is to hopefully shed light that the bug is worse than they probably even imagined and needs fixed asap.

I went to exp thinking it was fixed, Nope! took out cars again see what it did with a 4x4.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 190837.png

On 8/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, Scharie said:

I went to exp thinking it was fixed, Nope! took out cars again see what it did with a 4x4.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 190837.png

The experimental update fixed 2 issues with vehicles which was the major issue...... (the unity bug and kinematic warnings) if you have found another one definately report it.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 072436.pngthis is the next thing that needs to go... rigconstraint spam coming from profiles all the spam causes servers to lag.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 101541.png

Screenshot_2024-08-10_114345.webp

Screenshot 2024-08-21 101645.png

Edited by Grandpa Minion
update (see edit history)

Hello Fataal,

We haven't heard much from you recently. Hope you are well... And I'm sure, very busy.

Any really nasty bugs you are working on right now?

Please let us know if you have time, thanks.

5 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

Hello Fataal,

We haven't heard much from you recently. Hope you are well... And I'm sure, very busy.

Ehm... you know, there IS vacation time for developers too! :tea:  :fish2:  :party:

Ohh my. I was attacked while looting POI. A friend of mine engaged a wolf, and as soon as I heard the sounds my survival nerdpoling skills kicked in. 2 dire wolves showed up, and a friend of mine was successfully consumed. My sniper Rifle DMG single fire shot to the body is around 50. Headshot multiplier around 250%. Direwolfs HP is around 3000. The only option is to wait for a good moment and RUN. At least the game is no longer a walk in the park 😅. Good stuff 🤣.

On 8/17/2024 at 2:36 PM, Adam the Waster said:

Hope she gets added to base game 

There "might" be "some" crossover between the two games, but not 100%. Some elements of Blood Moons will be unique to only Blood Moons.

On 8/17/2024 at 3:49 PM, fragtzack said:

About 2 wheel vehicles. TFP ever discuss kickstands?

Kickstands seems like such a logical mod. Faster mount time and the biggest thing is seeing the vehicle standing up. Too hard to code?

We've talked about it, but no plans to add one.

On 8/17/2024 at 6:34 PM, TWORDY said:

Rookie question. Does anyone know when a stable version of v1.1 finally drops? I am configuring my mini pc box after a tough battle with my open ports and firewall. Shall I wait a week or two... more than that?

It's done when it's done. Most likely will have another update or two before it goes stable.

On 8/17/2024 at 7:12 PM, jenniann said:

Will tier 6 items ever get more than 4 mod slots? It kind of sucks that going through all the work to make a tier 6 and still only has 4 slots :(

No plans to change this at this time. The UI overhaul "might" have accommodations for such an update. Will have to see how that works out then.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:07 PM, Space4Ace said:

Hello Fataal,

As correctly answered by others, there have been vacations, events, and lots of bug fixing that have taken up our time the past few weeks.
He's been working on some good stuff, but I'll let him fill you in if and when he decides to respond.

3 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

There "might" be "some" crossover between the two games, but not 100%. Some elements of Blood Moons will be unique to only Blood Moons.

We've talked about it, but no plans to add one.

It's done when it's done. Most likely will have another update or two before it goes stable.

No plans to change this at this time. The UI overhaul "might" have accommodations for such an update. Will have to see how that works out then.

As correctly answered by others, there have been vacations, events, and lots of bug fixing that have taken up our time the past few weeks.
He's been working on some good stuff, but I'll let him fill you in if and when he decides to respond.

Thank you for the transparency I have my hopes :D

Finally, I decided to sit down with the 1.0 after the A20 and the most striking thing for me how bad it got visually. All the vibrant colors got bleached out, like a bad gamma setting. Just no way set it right. The 1.0 succesfull fixed what was not broken. ☹️

1 hour ago, Rukminesh said:

Finally, I decided to sit down with the 1.0 after the A20 and the most striking thing for me how bad it got visually. All the vibrant colors got bleached out, like a bad gamma setting. Just no way set it right. The 1.0 succesfull fixed what was not broken. ☹️

Agreed times 5 it's too bright 

17 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Hopefully so, it'd be nice if Legendary gear felt legendary.

While you're here... any reason the default headlights on the vehicles are so much dimmer now? Plus they're completely useless if you have vehicle armor equipped, especially on the motorcycle.

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)

I loved the dark and grittier look of the game before but I think generally the game looks good where it is right now, maybe in the future it wouldn't be out of the world to have the possibility of a visual mode like some games have that have different filters? Doesn't seem impossible but we will have to see what the future holds for us.

7 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

I loved the dark and grittier look of the game before but I think generally the game looks good where it is right now, maybe in the future it wouldn't be out of the world to have the possibility of a visual mode like some games have that have different filters? Doesn't seem impossible but we will have to see what the future holds for us.

I still think the game could look a little bit darker maybe update some of the textures to make them look more gritty and old while also having some that are nice and new... hopefully it they will change there mind about the textures 

Thank You for sorting out some vehicle collisions against some objects scattered in Burnt Forest and Wasteland. Finally, vehicles have reasonable/moderate damage model. I had a lot of headaches before and now the game is smooth. Also, many of my friends say the game is much smoother, less stuttery and FPS is higher on every machine. Feels like we are getting somewhere, but still a lot needs to be addressed like iron sights/weapon position and crosshair. 

7 Blood Moons does it right in the trailer.

Some rewards seem insufficient or make Traders Rewards way OP.

5000k dukes among 10 lockpicks and a Flashlight? I believe 2500k vs 50 lockpicks and a package of 5 mods would make more sense.

desktop-wallpaper-doom-3-hell-knight.jpg

pb000002 - Copy.jpg

14 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Good afternoon, @Laz Man.
1. Take a look at the first floor of The Reed Residence, there is a little mess going on there🙂
2. Can you fix the water in this place somehow?
3. Does TFP know that the quest limit warning has no localization?
4. What are you working on now?

1. Thanks, will look into this further.

2. Picture is a bit dark.  I see you are in rwg_tile_countryresidential_corner but not sure what you are looking at.  Missing water?  Will probably need you to submit a bug report so we can look into the issue more precisely as it might be map specific.

3.  Thanks, will look into this further.

4.  Mostly bug fixes.  Also been adding more "Wandering" sleepers and audio triggers in some existing POIs where it feels good.  As far as new POIs are concerned, I am working on a large 100x100 commercial remnant POI.

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

1. Thanks, will look into this further.

2. Picture is a bit dark.  I see you are in rwg_tile_countryresidential_corner but not sure what you are looking at.  Missing water?  Will probably need you to submit a bug report so we can look into the issue more precisely as it might be map specific.

3.  Thanks, will look into this further.

4.  Mostly bug fixes.  Also been adding more "Wandering" sleepers and audio triggers in some existing POIs where it feels good.  As far as new POIs are concerned, I am working on a large 100x100 commercial remnant POI.

2. The picture turned dark after loading, try to look here: https://imgur.com/a/WXx85Dp . There are minor problems with the water around the pipe.

Edited by Chaton Noir (see edit history)