Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

33 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

Has anyone bought any water filters? given how much harder dukes are to come by they feel like a luxury item and I would never actually buy them because I would much rather spend 6 minutes of my time just boiling the water then spending an hours worth of questing  dukes to get the same result.

Water filters are too expensive for what they do and feel useless because of there price. the convenience just isn't worth the extra cost.

Bought 2 sometime after day 30 because I didn’t have any pressing needs and the convenience was worth it. Before then I wouldn’t have spent the dukes for the same reason as you. 

Hello, @faatal, I have a few questions.

1. Which AO is using 1.0? Earlier you wrote about "BCVAO" (block colour vertex AO). Is this it? https://github.com/Delt06/vertex-ao
2. Is it possible to remove fog from indoor areas? Now it is created globally for the whole world.
3. Is it possible for volumetric clouds to appear? It could make the game much more beautiful outdoors. Plus it wouldn't affect performance if you make it optional and customisable. Regular skyboxes also need improvement - the sky can be made much prettier even without volumetric clouds. I think you will do at least skyboxes in 1.1.
4. Do you plan to change the future order of updates in any way? Will we have intermediate updates 1.0.1, 1.2.2 (like A21.1, A19.5) as before, or will you focus on major updates and we will see only small fixes (1.1 b287, b295)?

5. What is the main problem with generating bridges? You could, for example, make individual bridge sections and place as many of them as you need. You can also additionally make several variants of river widths, for example. Or, for example, you could make some sort of tiles/stamps with a river and a bridge, which would be some sort of nodal point through which the river would be generated. Or you could make a river first, and then put such a tile/stamp/whatever in the place where the bridge is needed, and adequately connect the river and bridge to the tile (which will be easier if there are certain widths of rivers). This is just something that came to my mind :)

I've also heard that the Teragon generator creates bridges the first way. These images were shown to me by one of the players who uses Teragon.

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (2).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31 (3).jpg

photo_2024-07-07_15-32-31.jpg

18 more days before I can both legally buy liquor and play 7dtd on console.  

24 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

1. Which AO is using 1.0? Earlier you wrote about "BCVAO" (block colour vertex AO). Is this it? https://github.com/Delt06/vertex-ao
2. Is it possible to remove fog from indoor areas? Now it is created globally for the whole world.
3. Is it possible for volumetric clouds to appear? It could make the game much more beautiful outdoors. Plus it wouldn't affect performance if you make it optional and customisable. Regular skyboxes also need improvement - the sky can be made much prettier even without volumetric clouds. I think you will do at least skyboxes in 1.1.
4. Do you plan to change the future order of updates in any way? Will we have intermediate updates 1.0.1, 1.2.2 (like A21.1, A19.5) as before, or will you focus on major updates and we will see only small fixes (1.1 b287, b295)?

5. What is the main problem with generating bridges? You could, for example, make individual bridge sections and place as many of them as you need. You can also additionally make several variants of river widths, for example. Or, for example, you could make some sort of tiles/stamps with a river and a bridge, which would be some sort of nodal point through which the river would be generated. Or you could make a river first, and then put such a tile/stamp/whatever in the place where the bridge is needed, and adequately connect the river and bridge to the tile (which will be easier if there are certain widths of rivers). This is just something that came to my mind :)

I've also heard that the Teragon generator creates bridges the first way. These images were shown to me by one of the players who uses Teragon.

The bottom is more of a @Laz Manquestion 

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

But still it's more a question of RWG than POI, I think. Although maybe I'm too used to asking all questions to Faatal) Although I would like to hear Laz Man's opinion too.

On 7/6/2024 at 6:32 AM, NukemDed said:

first proper go today (had a big promotion so been working my a** off)

controller controls suck. cant play it without the key board and mouse.

wtf? really, someone needs to be shot. very very very disappointed

cant even customise the controls. total bs.

buttons have been swapped. functions are missing. no cursor. have to use right button and trigger and joystick to pedal a bike in turbo? really?

sprinting doesnt work all the time, need to grind my thumb on the joystick.

ready for the hate, bring it on. why the hell are the controls so so so different????

absolutely ruins the whole experience

Agreed and lots of us "idiot" controller users agree. 

I hope enough are complaining about this that they are considering changing it back. 

I was briefly excited when I saw the game had a patch already.....then disappointed to see the 💩 controls still in play.

19 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Well trader Jen is waiting on you with an ear of corn, some aloe cream, and a full stack of beer to welcome you my friend! 🎈

9 hours ago, NukemDed said:

its nothing to do with the keyboard and mousers, they should stay in their lane. i really really dont care what they think of controllers. they dont use them, they simply cannot understand. they should respect the controller users and remain silent on the topic

Wow! Now I feel like I'm the scum of society just because I use a K&M... :pout:

I wish I was a fine controller person like you, but, whatever, I was born like this and I can't do much about it. :( 

I started a no trader play thru with no loot respawn and its very fun.  I like how you can now get a dew collector without a trader.   

Does anyone know if the Dew Collector MODS require a trader?

Is there total list of trader only items?

Is there a mod that makes trader only items craftable for a balanced/challenging set of materials?

7 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I started a no trader play thru with no loot respawn and its very fun.  I like how you can now get a dew collector without a trader.   

Does anyone know if the Dew Collector MODS require a trader?

Is there total list of trader only items?

Is there a mod that makes trader only items craftable for a balanced/challenging set of materials?

You can find them in broken dew collectors sometimes 

2 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

Has anyone bought any water filters? given how much harder dukes are to come by they feel like a luxury item and I would never actually buy them because I would much rather spend 6 minutes of my time just boiling the water then spending an hours worth of questing  dukes to get the same result.

Water filters are too expensive for what they do and feel useless because of there price. the convenience just isn't worth the extra cost.

I have, mostly mid game where I'm building up my arsenal materials and weapons then making clean water along with more water and quicker it comes in very handy together to mass produce glue if you don't have super corn.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:12 AM, spud42 said:

To each their own but i dont understand why someone would use an inferior controller on a PC game. I get you have no choice on a console but keyboard and mouse are so much more accutate.  

You dont see PC E-Sport pros using a controller... 

Oh, to be young again...
I use a controller for the comfort.  It is a lot easier for me to hold a controller in my lap for my hours long sessions in this game.

45 minutes ago, Code6 said:

Oh, to be young again...
I use a controller for the comfort.  It is a lot easier for me to hold a controller in my lap for my hours long sessions in this game.

I agree about the comfort of holding the controller in my lap vs arms up on the desk for k/m but alas I just don't have the fine motor control in my right thumb on a stick for looking around and aiming as I do with my right hand on the mouse. I enjoy the feeling of playing with a controller but I die more often and waste a lot more ammo.

3 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

Every time.  I have no other need for dukes in the early game and it's just so much faster to just buy all 3 mods right away for each dew collector.  1 dew collector per person with all mods seems to be enough since I don't go crazy with glue, so it isn't a big deal to spend the money.  I think the cost is okay.

One of the other reasons I favor the controller is, because forward
with a K&M config is a MOM or or SPST. Forward is mostly a single
speed. I can adjust my, thumb stick to variable sensitivity, so I creep
a lot when exploring danger spots.

The basic config for the key board is go forward coast or stop. Some
developers have incorporated a variable increase rate.

But even my cherry doesn't have the dead zone variable resistor.

That's why I have never had a real problem with stealth. Unless TFP
suddenly turns the sensitivity way up, I stealth regularly.

Others using K&M have learned to compensate for it, on the pad its built
in.

Other than a roller ball and or reversing the look vs move, I couldn't
replicate it.

2 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@Adam the Waster

Are you sure? If so then my co worker is going to be a bit upset with me.

I just bought him the game, and told him of all the mod potential. 😆

I mean for PC yes but not on console.  

I've posted it before and I'll say it again. Out of all the things I ask/suggest/share

This is my number 1 suggestion.  It would slove so many problems people have with the game. People complain about the lack of zombies and others just say use XML files some people don't know how to do that I messed around with that before when I had it on my PC but still just out of QOL. Making more accessible is great for everyone.  

On console I always have it set to the max and whenever I go somewhere there's tons of zombies at least a good 16 in town roaming around in a group. Diresvill is packed! 

9ef2a613-77c1-4fd6-b903-0c0661adec03.png

I don't understand why they removed it. 

4 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

So if this is going to be cross platform play, does it mean that all players will have to be in Vanilla mode?

They talked about modding via pc client. So you would have to join the PC players but they said no promises 

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

They talked about modding via pc client. So you would have to join the PC players but they said no promises 

But the cross play won't come till later

@Adam the Waster

Welllllll, he sits 4 feet away from me, I can't wait. I already made the mistake of laughing at a mis understood question.

He was walking to the front from the warehouse,  and asked "where's the freaking fiber?" I  didn't   realize he had already

bought downloaded and started playing.

So I told him it was in the stalk.  Then he explained that he played for hours looking for fiber to make a bed roll.

After I stopped laughing, I told him to punch the grass. His reply you're S#%&*ing me. He kept looking for the button to pick it up.

Goodtimes

He didn't want to go to the web because he felt it would be cheating.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@Adam the Waster

Welllllll, he sits 4 feet away from me, I can't wait. I already made the mistake of laughing at a mis understood question.

He was walking to the front from the warehouse,  and asked "where's the freaking fiber?" I  didn't   realize he had already

bought downloaded and started playing.

So I told him it was in the stalk.  Then he explained that he played for hours looking for fiber to make a bed roll.

After I stopped laughing, I told him to punch the grass. His reply you're S#%&*ing me. He kept looking for the button to pick it up.

Goodtimes

He didn't want to go to the web because he felt it would be cheating.

You good big man! You good

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Hello, @faatal
I liked the fact that you find some clothes in the zombie apocalypse world, but in the new version it looks strange. We immediately find a whole piece of armor, but now it’s impossible to find ordinary clothes in this world, I think this breaks the immersion of survival, I got an idea to return clothes to the game.

You can keep old items of clothing, but only as items for crafting armor. They cannot be equipped on a character. It will still be possible to find clothes in clothing stores, rather than pieces of fabric; you can also buy them from a merchant or sew them yourself if you can find the book you need.

How will this work in crafting? Let's say for a farmer's armor you will need a T-shirt and overalls, as well as fabric and iron, like this:

Tier 1 - T-shirt, overalls, 5 fabrics, 5 iron
Tier 2 - T-shirt, overalls, 10 fabrics, 10 iron
Tier 6 - T-shirt, overalls, 45 fabrics, 45 iron, legendary parts

Thus, in order to craft a certain armor, you will need certain clothes, this will complicate the crafting and add variety to the armor crafting. Will encourage the player to buy the right item, find it in the loot, or hope that the right book will drop that allow

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 6:16 PM, Fisher said:

Here's a minor fix for you.  This pile of books/table is not able to be interacted with.  Perhaps a deprecated prop.  Hopefully the POI name and pic will be enough to identify it.

books.jpg

I spun up a new map but seems fine so far to me.  Did you try harvesting any of the decoration around it to see if it helps?  Thanks!

V1.0_2024-07-07_10-50-40.jpg

5 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Personally, given enough time I have faith Faatal could figure out a way to get longer rivers into RWG.  Bridges on the other hand can be a bit more complex, especially when trying to connect 2 diagonal river edges.  Teragon can do it but its far from ideal imo.  At the end of the day, its a matter of priority, available time and what value it would add apart from "it looks cool."  Oh and how much of the game it breaks of course... 😅

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

14 hours ago, NukemDed said:

its nothing to do with the keyboard and mousers, they should stay in their lane. i really really dont care what they think of controllers. they dont use them, they simply cannot understand. they should respect the controller users and remain silent on the topic

had another good poke today and found where the quick actions were. have to hold y and then they work? used to just work. meh to that but can cope. still want my cursor back

most annoying thing is how quiet the devs are on this. a whole thread on it and nothing

still need to use mouse and keyboard to make inventory management and trading and crafting tolerable

shame really as the gameplay feels great

What if devs are keyboard and mousers. You basically told them to shut up and then annoyed they don't answer.

:D

55 minutes ago, Gamida said:

What if devs are keyboard and mousers. You basically told them to shut up and then annoyed they don't answer.

:D

Considering the universal (seemingly) opinion about the new controller scheme and that the devs thought it was a great improvement in the dev stream, you could definitely be right. 😁