Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

6 hours ago, YourMirror said:

As accurate as the Hitler meme. The gun "enthousiasts" crawl out of their holes and come bring the Evangele of "how aim must be perfect".

Who cares, put the crosshair on your target and shoot. Leave the rest to your RL gunrange. Please. 

my only issue is that it was fine in pervious alphas, 

Plus other guns aim well awhile others are bugged. 

Tho I am a gun nerd, I don't care about tac or partial reloads. Games like fallout 4 and gta 5 don't have it and are fun.

OK NOW IM DONE!!! 

Screenshot_20240615_123411_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240614_134454_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, Astronomical said:

I don't think it would be fair to add this realism for pump shotguns without also adding reloadable mags for automatics. You would then have to collect magazines, reload each one with rounds, and store the mags for use. Then reload them again when you are out like in a game like Project Zomboid. Honestly, I would use a mod that did this for a challenge but it's probably too complicated for basic 7 days.

I think the idea is different guns have a set reload time that can be improved with perks and the animation is just flavor.

Oh, I really hope they do this. Just think of the fun we can have spending a few minutes loading up the drum magazine for my m60, Especially during a blood moon. And yes, that is sarcasm. If I want more realistic gun handling I'll play Arma or something.

I don’t think anyone really wants to individually load magazines. Even COD didn’t do that. When you slapped a new mag in it just added what you had shot and you carried on. For the single shot guns you could wait until the gun was fully loaded or stop the animation and fire what was there. This is all I think we really want, plus realistic sight pictures. 

I really dislike the crosshairs and random bullet placement within them. I’d rather that be tied to weapon sway and perks would steady that instead of just giving you a tighter crosshair. 

8 hours ago, OasisWolf said:

The crew at Fun Pimps is around 30 or less people working on a game that has become beloved by as many as players as a big name game from a bigger game maker.

Just to be clear, The Fun Pimps are now around 70 people (Rick mentioned it in one of the 1.0 dev streams). 30 people was years ago.

Some of the team are working on a, still unannounced, Unreal engine game. It's hard to say how many people are still on 7 Days to Die. So your 30 people could still be accurate, at least for 7 Days to Die. 😁

When firing a gun in this game the recoil animation ends as abruptly as the sound does.

No string of animations when firing another shot, just one abrupt shot after the other abrupt shot.

No natural bounce to the recoil makes the animation feel flat/stiff.

no sprint animation

I could go on. It has been slightly improved over the course of 10 years but the starting point was an abomination along with the whole game it's self. 

Also the pistol is way to close to the POV 

This game

image.webp

Most other games

revolver.webp

Edited by Zombiepoptard (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

but the starting point was an abomination along with the whole game it's self

Makes one wonder. This means there must be a huge market for abominable games !! Maybe steam should open a new category so people can search for them

😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

Just to be clear, The Fun Pimps are now around 70 people (Rick mentioned it in one of the 1.0 dev streams). 30 people was years ago.

Some of the team are working on a, still unannounced, Unreal engine game. It's hard to say how many people are still on 7 Days to Die. So your 30 people could still be accurate, at least for 7 Days to Die. 😁

Last I was aware, it was mostly just a few artists that did not have any current work on 7 Days to do. I would imagine there are still 60+ working on 7 Days. 

Carrying around 11 tons of concrete, eating a meal in 1 second, cutting a tree into lumber in 3 seconds... none of that matters, but BY GAWD there better be hyper realistic aiming and loading animations in this game, OR ELSE.

Some people just cannot let go.

Happy with my zombie survival sandbox game. When's 2.0?

10 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Why would anyone NOT want this?
It's SOOOOO satisfying!!!

Some people just don't care that the game is not taken to this level of realism or animation.

When I play, I don't fret about the pump shotgun animation loading two shells when in fact it loaded 8 shells total.  I am just concern about the horde I am fighting and waiting for the reload to get done so I am ready to go again.

Same thing with Iron sights / crosshairs.  I am using the crosshairs and pull the trigger, I don't fret about where the iron sights are compared to what I am using to assist with my aim.

And lets be honest, if you truly want realism, then you would need to be required to hit R to load each shell individually - so loading 8 shells in, you need to hit the R key 8 times in the proper sequence.  For game play, I am okay with one click of the R button and a 2 shell loading animation.

16.06.2024 saat 01:34'te Space4Ace şunları söyledi:

Eğer her şey iyiyse giderse.

Araç zombilere çarptığında hasar görür mü? Eskisi kadar zarar verecekse hiçbir anlamı kalmayacak.

40 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Some people just don't care that the game is not taken to this level of realism or animation.

When I play, I don't fret about the pump shotgun animation loading two shells when in fact it loaded 8 shells total.  I am just concern about the horde I am fighting and waiting for the reload to get done so I am ready to go again.

Same thing with Iron sights / crosshairs.  I am using the crosshairs and pull the trigger, I don't fret about where the iron sights are compared to what I am using to assist with my aim.

And lets be honest, if you truly want realism, then you would need to be required to hit R to load each shell individually - so loading 8 shells in, you need to hit the R key 8 times in the proper sequence.  For game play, I am okay with one click of the R button and a 2 shell loading animation.

I suppose your right, I'm only kinda grumpy about it cuz it was fine before.  

I can speak for everyone.  Some people want tarkov level stuff.... some what call of duty.... some are like me were they want average stuff

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

And other people do care just as much. Of course, I'm most concerned with the stability and optimization of the game, but the truth is that they've neglected to polish the animations in a satisfactory manner. CSGO, for example, manages to balance realism with gunplay while allowing for a close quarters and constant action shooter. There is no legitimate reason for them to leave janky and sometimes laughable models and animations with the firearms when they are one of the core parts of the game.

39 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

And lets be honest, if you truly want realism, then you would need to be required to hit R to load each shell individually - so loading 8 shells in, you need to hit the R key 8 times in the proper sequence.  

What game requires to press R for each round?

I have a mod that requires you to press R to reload, trying to fire with an unloaded gun makes it go *click* instead of reloading, which is nice to avoid unintended reloading.

56 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

And other people do care just as much. Of course, I'm most concerned with the stability and optimization of the game, but the truth is that they've neglected to polish the animations in a satisfactory manner. CSGO, for example, manages to balance realism with gunplay while allowing for a close quarters and constant action shooter. There is no legitimate reason for them to leave janky and sometimes laughable models and animations with the firearms when they are one of the core parts of the game.

CSGO is FPS popular only game.  They do not have RPG, Big open world, extremely.  Guns is what they game is about.  Not pickaxe,  no sledgehamners.   Firearms is not the core part in this game.

23 minutes ago, minisith said:

CSGO is FPS popular only game.  They do not have RPG, Big open world, extremely.  Guns is what they game is about.  Not pickaxe,  no sledgehamners.   Firearms is not the core part in this game.

I take it either you've never played the game, or you don't understand what I said. I made sure to qualify that firearms are "a" core part of the game, amongst many others. If every class has a set of four different tiers of firearms within it, then yeah, I'd say it is a core part of the game, if not one of the largest aspects of the game.

7 hours ago, meganoth said:

Makes one wonder. This means there must be a huge market for abominable games !! Maybe steam should open a new category so people can search for them

😉

Key word is “starting point”. If it stayed like that we would be here. You liked when the blocks weren’t even cubes?

Do you like that doorway the pillar or the floor not being flat. looks like Tim Burton made the game.

image.webp

Edited by Zombiepoptard (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Some of us rarely use guns (pretty much only horde night for me) and I honestly couldn't really tell you what the models or animations look like.  I'm not looking at the gun, I'm looking at the zombies.  And it's not like I'm a newbie

image.png.1d9d004caaa8ac41726d8dcdffe23c1b.png

19 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Key word is “starting point”. If it stayed like that we would be here. You liked when the blocks weren’t even cubes?

Do you like that doorway the pillar or the floor not being flat. 

image.webp

Actually I wouldn't mind. In most games I notice the graphics for a few minutes, after that the only things going through my mind are gameplay-related.

Thankfully you posted a picture of the revolver and how you want the revolver to look like, otherwise I still would not know what people here are talking about. I never noticed and chances are that I have already forgotten the issue when I see a revolver in the game again.

Your version of the revolver looks better by the way, but mostly because it is a smaller revolver and doesn't take up as much screen space. I would suggest to TFP to make the weapons smaller or put them lower so they don't hinder the view so much. Especially melee weapons modded with the fire mod simply burn in my eyes because they fill up the screen

On 6/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, FranticDan said:

Most definitely!
it's so irritating to me that no matter how many rounds you fire with the pump shotgun, the reload is 2 shells.
There's a mod thankfully that addresses this.

I've been playing doom 3 on the side, and the pump shotgun feels amazing!
If you die because you're terrible with time management for reloading, then that's on you.

7 Days to Die is the only game (that I know of) that DOESN'T have adaptive reloading

I'm with Dan on that (hehe). These two reload animations have driven me nuts from the moment they were introduced. The very first time I reloaded a shotgun many years ago I thought "That didn't look like the number of shots I fired". And when I reloaded my shotgun YESTERDAY I looked at the animation and bemoaned the fact it didn't represent the number of rounds loaded accurately.

I've never complained about it that I can think of because it is such a small thing, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Now, the fact that the lever action rifle cannot use the tube extension mod despite the fact that the mechanism is exactly the same as the shotgun's, that one I have complained about and I'm going to take this opportunity to bring it up again. And I'll raise it with my complain that clubs have three exclusive mods (which drop way more often than clubs themselves and are mutually exclusive anyway), whereas blades share mods with knuckles (!?!??! -- iirc), spears have no exclusive mods, and batons and sledgehammers cannot use the club mods despite the fact that they work just like clubs. And sledgehammers don't even have magazines. Sadly, apparently I'm the only person in the whole world that's bothered by these things.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:31 AM, Roland said:

lol...I remember the very first time I shot a couple rounds off using the pipe pistol and then reloaded and was dismayed to see all my unfired rounds being emptied out of their chambers and just thrown away. I quickly did the math and realized I didn't actually lose anything but it really worried me for a moment. It still pains me to see it even though I know it is just a flavorful animation and it shows the impact of visual representation....er....misrepresentation...

Me too!

On 6/16/2024 at 10:50 AM, Adam the Waster said:

my only issue is that it was fine in pervious alphas, 

Plus other guns aim well awhile others are bugged. 

Tho I am a gun nerd, I don't care about tac or partial reloads. Games like fallout 4 and gta 5 don't have it and are fun.

OK NOW IM DONE!!! 

Yeah, I agree. I don't particular care if they do iron sights or not -- there's pros and cons, and if done right you'd have to focus on the front sight and blur everything else which I think very few people would appreciate. But however it works it has to be consistent across all guns.

Edited by dcsobral (see edit history)

On 6/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, seven said:

Oh, I really hope they do this. Just think of the fun we can have spending a few minutes loading up the drum magazine for my m60, Especially during a blood moon. And yes, that is sarcasm. If I want more realistic gun handling I'll play Arma or something.

You are putting in a whole new drum or a whole new magazine. Even on revolvers there's fast loaders were you are replacing all your ammo at once. But in the specific case of these two guns you do load bullets one by one, and the animation does show you loading a fixed number of bullets.

2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

I take it either you've never played the game, or you don't understand what I said. I made sure to qualify that firearms are "a" core part of the game, amongst many others. If every class has a set of four different tiers of firearms within it, then yeah, I'd say it is a core part of the game, if not one of the largest aspects of the game.

If I can play this game with knives and fist only it is not a core part of my playthrough.  You play your way I play my way.  There is a lot wrong with guns besides the ADS like others pointed out.  

Edited by minisith (see edit history)