Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

My only disappointment was that it seems not all the new animal models will be in for the 21st. But better they come in a patch than the release takes longer

I'm really looking forward to seeing the dire wolf and zombie bear in action

Posted (edited)

Loved the second dev stream but getting up at 4 a.m. is really hard on a weekday... 🥱

The new vehicles look extremely good. I especially like the new bicycle, which looks like someone has survived with it for months. Also love the new character models. They look soooo much better than our old ones.

And most importantly, big kudos to @faatal for the random gen improvements. Generating an 8K map in 40 seconds is amaaaaazing! 👍

Edited by LordMiG (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 9:34 PM, Gamida said:

TFP: "How many blocks do you guys want?"

Players: Yes.

I know, I know. That joke is extremely overused but hey, I gots to fill in my time until 1.0.

I'm still waiting on theses! 

I would kill for theses!!!! The corrugated metal, log walls, log gates, metal fence, wooden foundation 

I want the barbed wire coil. Or even. As a upgraded version.  Razor wire!

In the trailer it showed someone putting a junk turret on a log wall.  So that got me excited. Yall have been doing good about decor. Like the electric appliances 

Screenshot_20240607_112842_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240607_112836_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240607_113916_Photos.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Goofy is the most polite word I can think of for the new motorcycle, minibike and bicycle models. Don't like them at all.

I like the new truck model. Hopefully some day they'll use a truck engine, and not a lawnmower engine to make it move. Still that same terrible audio.

The plow front end is a nice idea, but it seems it's more bounce over the zombies than plow them aside.

Edit: forgot the gyrocopter. That's the worst of the new models.

Edited by seven (see edit history)

14 hours ago, User said:

New poi's look great visually, but honestly, I was hoping there would be less in terms of triggers and scripted stuff. I really hope I'm not punished even more than in a21 for breaking through a random wall or something instead of going through the standard path. I've also noticed bulletproof windows in a large amount of buildings. I think they have more hp than some stone/concrete walls, which I find a bit strange? I don't know glass, so it could make sense, but I'm not sure. Not trying to just be negative, very excited for a lot of the stuff shown on the stream 😅

Triggers make it so you can't just stealth everything. Makes it more exciting.  IMO, When you stealth a zombie next to another one. the undead one should hear the body drop and wake up.

1 hour ago, seven said:

Goofy is the most polite word I can think of for the new motorcycle, minibike and bicycle models. Don't like them at all.

I like the new truck model. Hopefully some day they'll use a truck engine, and not a lawnmower engine to make it move. Still that same terrible audio.

The plow front end is a nice idea, but it seems it's more bounce over the zombies than plow them aside.

I agree on the audio at least, that is probably the worst aspect of the vehicles given how awful the audio loop sounds. Might just take more coding as well to adequately mimic the sound of a vehicle switching gears and what not.

2 hours ago, seven said:

I love all of the new vehicles.  They look great.  Sure, a lawn chair on the minibike looks funny but the game is supposed to be humorous in places.  I'd probably have agreed with you on it if they left it as a toilet seat but since they didn't, I think it looks really good.  And if you don't like that, just don't use the seat mod.  It all looks really great and so much better than what we have now.

The only parts I agree with is that the plow should make it possible to plow through the zombies instead of bouncing over them and the sounds can definitely be improved.  They did say they have someone new going through and updating sound effects, so hopefully they will get to the vehicles at some point.

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I think theses are going to be my favorite sets. I hope the athlete helmet is a football helmet! 

And I wonder what the hat is for the preacher

Screenshot_20240607_123108_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240607_123118_YouTube.jpg

I do really like the preacher one.  I'll be happy once they add the ability to dye the outfits (they said that's not yet available) so that I can have that outfit in black.

Hello @faatal, this is Dmitry, I also remember in the old version there were bees 7 days to die, they had honey!I have 7 days to die, 3000 hours have been played, I started playing with alpha 3-6 from a pirate, I was lagging on the computer, I bought 7 days in steam to die with alpha 8, I really like this game,I will continue to play it with pleasure!And I wanted to ask if hostile insects (bees) will be added again?Do you plan to add not only bandits in the game, but also allies, such as survivors, who need to be protected from zombies!Would it be fun to add zombie kids???Thank you in advance for reading my answer, thank you very much, let the game become popular for everyone)

8 minutes ago, Дмитрий said:

Hello @faatal, this is Dmitry, I also remember in the old version there were bees 7 days to die, they had honey!I have 7 days to die, 3000 hours have been played, I started playing with alpha 3-6 from a pirate, I was lagging on the computer, I bought 7 days in steam to die with alpha 8, I really like this game,I will continue to play it with pleasure!And I wanted to ask if hostile insects (bees) will be added again?Do you plan to add not only bandits in the game, but also allies, such as survivors, who need to be protected from zombies!Would it be fun to add zombie kids???Thank you in advance for reading my answer, thank you very much, let the game become popular for everyone)

They said they aren't adding zombie kids due to the possibility banning of the game. 

Plus many people would find it distasteful 

28 minutes ago, Дмитрий said:

Hello @faatal, this is Dmitry, I also remember in the old version there were bees 7 days to die, they had honey!

Hornets (or bees) are not coming back.

Watching the stream made me think about one question on future content after 1.0.

Has the idea of Bosses and mini-Bosses been completely discarded?

We still have only Grace as a unique boss, and she's not even a (human) zombie!

It would be great to see something like that added to the game at some point.

Imagine reaching the end of a T4 or T5 POI and having to fight an end-level boss (like in 90' games) and having it drop legendary parts! :hat:

Any news on that?

@faatal @madmole or anyone who can reply...

Posted (edited)

Please add a kickstand for the bicycle, minibike and motorcycle. It would apply when you're not on it, and retract one you get on.

It looks funny to just drop the 2 wheelers on the ground. I think you would want to take good care of the vehicles since those are now pretty rare in the apocalypse.

15 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Watching the stream made me think about one question on future content after 1.0.

Has the idea of Bosses and mini-Bosses been completely discarded?

We still have only Grace as a unique boss, and she's not even a (human) zombie!

It would be great to see something like that added to the game at some point.

Imagine reaching the end of a T4 or T5 POI and having to fight an end-level boss (like in 90' games) and having it drop legendary parts! :hat:

Any news on that?

@faatal @madmole or anyone who can reply...

I consider the cop, mutated zombie and the demolisher to be at least mini-bosses... And judging on their sizes, maybe not so mini. 😁

I know it's not what you really mean but, that's probably the best we'll get.

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Дмитрий said:

I started playing with alpha 3-6 from a pirate, I was lagging on the computer, I bought 7 days in steam to die with alpha 8, I really like this game

By admitting that you played a pirated copy of 7 Days to Die; shouldn't that get you banned?

I know you say that you bought it later on Steam, but still, you admitted to the pirate version.

Maybe it's just rubbing me the wrong way.

Just now, DocRussel said:

They specifically said in the stream that this was not going to happen.

I must have missed that part, but they should still add it. It only makes sense.

28 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

They specifically said in the stream that this was not going to happen.

Maybe they can at least make it fall over the same direction every time, then I could lean it against a pole or wall.  Invariably when I try this it fall the wrong way....

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Any chance in a post 1.0 update there could be multiple elevations in a city/towm?  

That's possible today if you confine the elevation change to a single tile.

It's kind of a neat mental exercise to think about doing that over a larger area... To do that across a larger area would take nearly double to triple the number of tiles in the game as you'd have to make "height transition" variants of the cap, corner, intersection, straight, and T tiles for each of the districts, and then probably come "corner height transition" tiles too. As an alternative, RWG could make those transitions as a kind of wilderness. In both cases, you end up with a plateau upon which you could put more city tiles. If there's not a better way, I wonder if the juice might be worth the squeeze, so to speak.