Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

28 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

And what would the workbench be used for then? 🙄

That's unrelated. Crafting from storage means the ingredients may be taken from nearby storage if the player doesn't have them in their inventory. Aside from the Forge which has its own "inventory", it would apply to all other stations as well as no-station crafting.

35 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

And what would the workbench be used for then? 🙄

Craft from Storage, would be based off a mod which simply allows the workbench to pull ingredients from nearby storage boxes instead of having to have all the components in your backpack. It’s simply a timesaver for people who don’t like the current crafting process. (IMO)

10 hours ago, Laran Mithras said:

I've lived with and around guns for 60 years now. I carry every day. Qualified for several licenses but never shot competitively. I live iron sights. When I am on the range or just dry-aiming, iron sights all the way: it's a natural thing.

In game? I use the reticle and it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm there for the game, not aiming realism.

Just saying.

No bullet drop, no wind consideration, and extremely limited gun range?

I'm fully happy with the way it is.

I'm not happy with the sights and neither is Hitler. Still love the game though. 

Hear him out.

The forum reacts to Alpha and the dev stream. (captiongenerator.com)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Professor-Pip said:

Craft from Storage, would be based off a mod which simply allows the workbench to pull ingredients from nearby storage boxes instead of having to have all the components in your backpack. It’s simply a timesaver for people who don’t like the current crafting process. (IMO)

Sorry, I see what jenniann was talking about..

Well, there's a mod for that. I don't use it because I like the way it is in game right now. I actually don't use any mods at all. For me, the game doesn't need them.

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

On 6/3/2024 at 4:51 PM, Professor-Pip said:

Precisely. I got the impression that when you are not actively driving your character, ie whe it's in a rest state, they will generically look around. If there is another player or zombie nearby, they will look in that direction. I think that's what was happening to Manny when he was just standing around while the Pimps were chatting. He would look at the camera and then turn his head, look at the camera then turn his head again. I could be wrong but I think this was what they were referring to as the "look at" system. 

It will really only matter in multiplayer, to make the characters look less stiff and wooden.

I think any NPCs/bandits would use this as well.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SONTURK said:
There are bandits but I wish there was an animal farm too

that's not going to happen im afraid

on a side note: why do you use such a big font to write?, it's a little bit annoying to read, but maybe it's just me.

Edited by GoldenFox (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, GoldenFox said:

on a side note: why do you use such a big font to write?, it's a little bit annoying to read, but maybe it's just me.

Most likely they are using a translator app and just copy-pasting the text. Forum's default is to copy formatting as well.

Also correct. I don't believe TFP have any plans for animal husbandry, and they have said this numerous times. Thankfully, they designed the game to be modded from the ground up, so you can get a mod for that.

On 6/3/2024 at 10:39 AM, dcsobral said:

On a related note, do the remade vehicles support dye? And if they do support it, is it the same level of support as up to alpha 21 (lacklust, in my opinion) or has it been improved upon?

I haven't looked too closely but they appear to support dyes like their older versions.  For some reason, I never liked the idea of having a bicycles in the game (maybe the idea of seeing a heavy armored player on one just shatters my immersion lol).  However, that opinion has changed with the new look.  All of the vehicles have more character in them and the visible changes to them when you install mods is "chef's kiss."

22 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

For some reason, I never liked the idea of having a bicycles in the game (maybe the idea of seeing a heavy armored player on one just shatters my immersion lol).

How interesting. Maybe you're more into a Mad Max vibe.

Gasoline to me is harder to believe unless you convert them to alcohol. The proportion of gasoline vehicles to electric by the game's year takes a crystal ball, but certainly to a greater extent than today.

Bikes would be readily available and easy to restore. Horses, assuming they survived, would be good.

2 hours ago, zztong said:

How interesting. Maybe you're more into a Mad Max vibe.

Gasoline to me is harder to believe unless you convert them to alcohol. The proportion of gasoline vehicles to electric by the game's year takes a crystal ball, but certainly to a greater extent than today.

Bikes would be readily available and easy to restore. Horses, assuming they survived, would be good.

I miss bio fuel. Saved me a trip to the desert and gave my animal fat some uses. Same for my corn

3 minutes ago, SONTURK said:
Are there any streamers playing 1.0? Or are they waiting for an update like everyone else?

No, selected streamers will get it Some weekend this month 

Everyone else gets it the following monday.

36 minutes ago, SONTURK said:
Are there any streamers playing 1.0? Or are they waiting for an update like everyone else?

Can you stop asking the same useless questions? They haven't announced dates for 1.0 at all yet, as you've been told like 10 times already. Chill out.

30 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Can you stop asking the same useless questions? They haven't announced dates for 1.0 at all yet, as you've been told like 10 times already. Chill out.

Agreed. Any chance these posts could be removed as soon as they arrive? They're going to find out either way. lol

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I haven't looked too closely but they appear to support dyes like their older versions.  For some reason, I never liked the idea of having a bicycles in the game (maybe the idea of seeing a heavy armored player on one just shatters my immersion lol).  However, that opinion has changed with the new look.  All of the vehicles have more character in them and the visible changes to them when you install mods is "chef's kiss."

Dyed vehicles make it easier to distinguish which one is yours when playing with others rather than clicking until one lets you on/in.  I like the look either way, though some dyes don't look as good to me.

1 minute ago, SylenThunder said:

I mean, not even TFP knows right now.  They may have a goal date they are shooting for, but the next build could change that.

TFP shoot for dates but they're using the 7 Days Iron sights so usually miss 😎

Hello! 🤗
You said that version 1.0 will have over 75 new locations (POI), but what about new block shapes?
Will version 1.0 include a variety of new block shapes to build more detailed and amazing buildings?
Thanks in advance for your answer :watermelon:

56 minutes ago, GoldenFox said:

maybe they will announce the release date on tomorrow's dev stream, who knows😏

Judging from one of Fataal's posts, there's way too many bugs left to fix for the game to be ready for streamer weekend.

At least one more dev stream after the one from tomorrow is my guess.

Time will tell, or, as they say... When it's done!

1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

Hello! 🤗
You said that version 1.0 will have over 75 new locations (POI), but what about new block shapes?
Will version 1.0 include a variety of new block shapes to build more detailed and amazing buildings?
Thanks in advance for your answer :watermelon:

How many more could you need? I can think of a few but at this point I'm fine if they don't add any more. There's also a few I've seen that are damn near the same as others and could probably be removed. This game has a block limit, and us modders are running into it pretty easy these days. The more TFP adds the less room we have. So I'm good with where it's at currently.