Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

12 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Early on they're great, yes. But that drops off FAST in the current alpha, so stretching the value out so that the T4+ Savage Country POIs also had something good to look for in them would be really nice. 

Agreed.

Hi all, I am really looking forward for this to come out, I currently play on my Xbox because sadly my laptop isn't powerful enough to play the game, so I should see some massive changes compared to current version on console, I notice that the current console version and pc version are both on game pass, does anyone know if the new console version would be added to the game pass? Hoping the game comes sooner rather than later, really excited. 😀😀

On 3/13/2024 at 10:30 PM, n2n1 said:

For what reason does the Burnt Forest periodically disappear from the game?

It disappeared from RWG because we decided to remove it, so Robert stopped generating it, then later we decided to leave it in, so I added it back to RWG.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

It disappeared from RWG because we decided to remove it, so Robert stopped generating it, then later we decided to leave it in, so I added it back to RWG.

Yeah, that doesn’t sound very periodic. Most likely n2n1 played Navesgane and then random gen and then Navesgane and then random gen and then Navesgane and then random gen….

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Yeah, that doesn’t sound very periodic. Most likely n2n1 played Navesgane and then random gen and then Navesgane and then random gen and then Navesgane and then random gen….

And then? ... :ranger:

8 hours ago, faatal said:

To be honest - burning forest + wastelands are the the most unique and best bioms about vibe.  I loved this fragments of highways in random places damn.  Only need it to be perfect would be add more unique danger : smoke in forest to force you to wear gasmask or radiactivity in wastelands

7 hours ago, Roland said:

do you really not remember another case when another alpha went out without the burnt forest biome and everyone asked to return it?

17 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

do you really not remember another case when another alpha went out without the burnt forest biome and everyone asked to return it?

I remember that they changed the look of the trees of the burnt forest from what they were originally and that there was an alpha where the trees were very densely packed and then they thinned it out. I remember that it got removed from random gen eventually and then combined somewhat with wasteland. Now I’ve read that it will return as its own biome but I haven’t yet seen it. I know it was never removed from Navezgane. So…not very periodic in my memory as far as removing the biome and reinstating it multiple times. It’s good news it’s coming back in my opinion. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, Roland said:

I remember that they changed the look of the trees of the burnt forest from what they were originally and that there was an alpha where the trees were very densely packed and then they thinned it out. I remember that it got removed from random gen eventually and then combined somewhat with wasteland. Now I’ve read that it will return as its own biome but I haven’t yet seen it. I know it was never removed from Navezgane. So…not very periodic in my memory as far as removing the biome and reinstating it multiple times. It’s good news it’s coming back in my opinion. 

Agree i love it. i hope it will be mines and traps hell

@faatal I remember the so called "Events Director" (IIRC) was mentioned in several past dev streams.

They told us it would leverage stuff from the Twitch integration developed by Prime to create unique encounters and events in general.

Has the idea been scrapped or is someone working on it?

It would be great to have at least a prototype of the ED in A22.

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

@faatal I remember the so called "Events Director" (IIRC) was mentioned in several past dev streams.

They told us it would leverage stuff from the Twitch integration developed by Prime to create unique encounters and events in general.

Has the idea been scrapped or is someone working on it?

It would be great to have at least a prototype of the ED in A22.

It could still happen someday, but it is not on a roadmap or anything.

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm writing in the forum. I would like to know if with the implementation of first-person armor, will the field of view (FOV) of the hands be modified to better fit the environment?

23 minutes ago, Fifthgame2022 said:

Will the new console game version be added to Xbox game pass or will I need to pay for the game again?

It is unknown if it will be included in GamePass for the console. 

Since the release is not an upgrade to the TellTale version, and cannot be, it will be a new purchase. TFP stated that they were working with Sony and MS to try and offer discounts for verified owners of the TellTale release, but that is not finalized yet as far as I am aware.

I've always called the Dire Wolf, a half zombie. Because they never attack zombies but they give fresh meat.
Here's hoping both Dire wolf and Grace give rotting flesh in A22, as it's logical AND reduces the over abundance of meat in the world. Heck, halving the meat from all animals would be a step in the survival genre direction.

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

New direwolf model! Now that's a true zombie wolf!!!

FETCH ME THEIR SOULS

20240316_231846.jpg

20240316_231842.jpg

Wait, is that its nutsack or its buttsack?

Also, what is it going to look like? Is the bottom picture the concept art and the other picture is the in-game model?

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

6 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I've always called the Dire Wolf, a half zombie. Because they never attack zombies but they give fresh meat.
Here's hoping both Dire wolf and Grace give rotting flesh in A22, as it's logical AND reduces the over abundance of meat in the world. Heck, halving the meat from all animals would be a step in the survival genre direction.

I kinds wish grace was just a generic zombie hog that had a spawn pool out in the wild but hey!!!! 

Hope we see the Dire wolf on horde night.... and mutated zombies