You are level one, pick one to loot. A crack-a-book or Savage country

ElCabong

• ElCabong changed the title to You are level one, pick one to loot. A crack-a-book or Savage country

First instinct is Crack-A-Book - I value having the long term skills.

But day 1 - doesn't the Savage Country big store have a weapons rack about midway through the store (Won't drop any firearms on day 1 though), and usually a few crates at the back, which have a high chance of food? And all the clothes scrap for good cloth for bandages and later duct tape.

Depends on whether I've decided which perk tree I'm going to focus on. If not, I'd do Savage first while coming to my decision and then spend my accumulated perk points before doing the Crack-a-Book.

On the other hand it might be fun to loot the Crack-a-book with no boosts and see what the gods tell me to do for this playthrough based on which mags I find the most of with no perks influencing anything.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Depends on whether I've decided which perk tree I'm going to focus on. If not, I'd do Savage first while coming to my decision and then spend my accumulated perk points before doing the Crack-a-Book.

On the other hand it might be fun to loot the Crack-a-book with no boosts and see what the gods tell me to do for this playthrough based on which mags I find the most of with no perks influencing anything.

That'd be a intersting way to play, Leaving it up to Rng for what you spec into based on how many mags for each stat u get or something.

I change the game difficulty so that looting isn't a very good idea for 1 day old characters - food, water, and shelter should be the priority. Some of you need to increase the game difficulty, and PERMADEATH is like the fundamental core difference. It's just a different game.

Edited by vom (see edit history)