its getting worse

onovbuton

so with 3170 hrs of gameplay from a17 to a19 and then giving up in frustration i have just returned to a20 ... and am appalled at the state of the game... its getting worse... which is a shame... and the problem lies in the very basics of gameplay which should be fixed first before concentrating on adding features... i am happy tp play with a unoptimized game with frame drops and serious lag and stutter.. but when you cannot even do basic movement due to lack of support for controllers both x box and gamepad.. and issues with keyb and m .. its makes it just not worth it...so i will depart a20 with a great big FU to the devs and one day when you manage to sort the very basics of game development out i might return...and as usual on this forum i will get bull@%$# comments by some wanna be moderator and no response from actual developers c u in a21 

Well you sounds like typical uncle during weeding who complain about changes in car industry but he can somehow complain a lot and still you don't know  why he is complaining about that. 

You wrote just 2 detail problems - 1. lack of xbox pad support ( this is PC sandbox game so why you want play using pad?) 2. frame drops and preformance issues ( well this one is true but this game is still in alpha so this will be fixed someday).  Rest?

9 hours ago, onovbuton said:

very basics of gameplay 

This can be everything you know? And you can put here everything - crafting, weapons system etc. so...  So if you want to have any chance to get feedback - write something more and more expended that "is bad because is bad"

On 6/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, onovbuton said:

so with 3170 hrs of gameplay from a17 to a19 and then giving up in frustration i have just returned to a20 ... and am appalled at the state of the game... its getting worse... which is a shame... and the problem lies in the very basics of gameplay which should be fixed first before concentrating on adding features... i am happy tp play with a unoptimized game with frame drops and serious lag and stutter.. but when you cannot even do basic movement due to lack of support for controllers both x box and gamepad.. and issues with keyb and m .. its makes it just not worth it...so i will depart a20 with a great big FU to the devs and one day when you manage to sort the very basics of game development out i might return...and as usual on this forum i will get bull@%$# comments by some wanna be moderator and no response from actual developers c u in a21 

umm what?   I have used my XB controller for 1.5 years since moving to the PC.   The ONLY thing I can't do on the controller is fly the gyro correctly(I switch to keyboard for that) and type, but the latter is more an issue with Steam requiring "Big Picture" mode to work correctly.     I've probably put in about 600 hours in A20 and over 1000 in A19(with a few dozen in A18) and have had no big problems using the controller at all.     Hell, I can't figure out how to do half stacks on the keyboard which is exceedingly simple to do on the controller(another reason I prefer the controller)

45 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

right click mouse and drag off a half stack.

Thanks.   Not that I plan to use keyboard, but what about single item drop(ie, with a stack of x items, drop one item from the stack at a time into a container) via M+K as that is another controller thing that is extremely simple to do and it might help others

1 hour ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Thanks.   Not that I plan to use keyboard, but what about single item drop(ie, with a stack of x items, drop one item from the stack at a time into a container) via M+K as that is another controller thing that is extremely simple to do and it might help others

Single items are easy.  You just grab the stack and single click.  For each click, it puts one item of that stack in your inventory or container.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, onovbuton said:

c u in a21 

C U Next Time?

Okay, I'm probably risking a ban for this, but this is a genuine tourism advertisement in my country:

image.png.cc80b1ead57e1893bf216beacf9cb690.png

(Apologies if that offends, but we are in the forum of a MA15+ game)

On 6/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, Matt115 said:

Well you sounds like typical uncle during weeding who complain about changes in car industry but he can somehow complain a lot and still you don't know  why he is complaining about that. 

You wrote just 2 detail problems - 1. lack of xbox pad support ( this is PC sandbox game so why you want play using pad?) 2. frame drops and preformance issues ( well this one is true but this game is still in alpha so this will be fixed someday).  Rest?

This can be everything you know? And you can put here everything - crafting, weapons system etc. so...  So if you want to have any chance to get feedback - write something more and more expended that "is bad because is bad"

Not enough references to other video games in this post. You're slacking off, Matt :]

On 6/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, onovbuton said:

so with 3170 hrs of gameplay from a17 to a19 and then giving up in frustration i have just returned to a20 ... and am appalled at the state of the game...

Imagine having almost 3.2k hours in this game and still have yet to grasp 'Basic Gameplay,' or how the controls work.

And then being upset at the Devs for it..?

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

On 6/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, onovbuton said:

but when you cannot even do basic movement due to lack of support for controllers both x box and gamepad..

Don't have a clue what OP is talking about concerning using a controller. I've been using my ps4 controller since I came over from console with no problems at all. So could you please explain what issues you are having with controllers not working, because they are supported.😕

On 6/19/2022 at 7:54 AM, onovbuton said:

So you want Devs not to make any changes to the game at all and let the game run as it is.

I don't think that's possible because you have to make changes over time. 

14 hours ago, sammyadam said:

So you want Devs not to make any changes to the game at all and let the game run as it is.

I don't think that's possible because you have to make changes over time. 

You can always roll back to a specific alpha, but then you miss out on bug fixes and new features you do want.

Unfortunately there will always be games people don't like, and by implication, if a game evolves, people who don't like the changes. Every new DLC of WoW there were always people who claim the class they invested 10 years into is now nerfed and they are never coming back, etc. 

People will vent. Some will do as they say and never come back. Some will come back when things change, others never leave, they just wanted to vent. Whichever way it goes, it is what it is. 

On 6/21/2022 at 8:20 AM, Pernicious said:

C U Next Time?

Okay, I'm probably risking a ban for this, but this is a genuine tourism advertisement in my country:

image.png.cc80b1ead57e1893bf216beacf9cb690.png

(Apologies if that offends, but we are in the forum of a MA15+ game)

I saw a car with the sticker on it's back window just last week, got a giggle out of it. I lived up there for a few years, I don't remember political correctness being a big priority for many people.