Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Have u modified the mixer ???

Mag

- - - Updated - - -

Mag

The size of the townships as well as the city sizes yes :-D.

- - - Updated - - -

Mag

- - - Updated - - -

Mag

The size of the townships as well as the city sizes yes :-P.

I get pretty much the same thing on my end. Any time I get near a town or most POI locations my fps drops a ton. It's still playable, and IMO it's worth the extra stutter to have so much more variety, but having the prefabs without the lag would be great.

As for justifying the lighting removal, if you care about realism then there really shouldn't be any lights left out there. Any place that had their own generator would have either been used as a base, or at the very least had the fuel stolen long before the survivors in that area either moved on or died off. Even if they left the fuel, gas does have a shelf life and any fuel left in the tanks would likely be so degraded as to not work at all.

They say gas has a shelf life, and Ive heard many believable stories about it going bad...but...

I have spent 3 years working out of state, came home and started up my old truck and lowrider both with just a jump start. No fresh fuel, nothing. Proceeded to drive them with several years old gas without the slightest hiccup. One was throttle body with minimal computerized fuel control, the other high tech fuel injection. Same with an old work van I kept around for years. When I bought my house it started right up and I drove it here, after sitting since 2010. I later sold it, and the dude drove it home himself and said it made the 30 - 40 mile journey just fine.

So its perfectly feasible in my own personal experience to have gas that is several years old still work. :)

They say gas has a shelf life, and Ive heard many believable stories about it going bad...but...

I have spent 3 years working out of state, came home and started up my old truck and lowrider both with just a jump start. No fresh fuel, nothing. Proceeded to drive them with several years old gas without the slightest hiccup. One was throttle body with minimal computerized fuel control, the other high tech fuel injection. Same with an old work van I kept around for years. When I bought my house it started right up and I drove it here, after sitting since 2010. I later sold it, and the dude drove it home himself and said it made the 30 - 40 mile journey just fine.

So its perfectly feasible in my own personal experience to have gas that is several years old still work. :)

I agree. my dad had an old 57 chevy truck in the backyard and it only got cranked up once a year if that.. Took him like 4 years before he would fill up haha. Gas never gave him an issue. With today's cars and today's gas it may be different. As they have made sensors and such really high tech on vehicles now and gas has many many additives in it .

curious !!! Have got pics ???

No, I've already made some changes and restarted, but it was the big empty building with columns on front, with a desk next to a desk safe in about 10 places.

- - - Updated - - -

Gas literally has to evaporate and gum up the carb/injectors in order to "go bad". I'm sure there is an eventual "shelf life" and it certainly deteriorates in effectiveness over time (I bet your MPGs went down using that older gas) but in a sealed system, it'll last a good while.

Indulge me a moment, Mr. Guppycur... If the zombie infestation is a localized event, say roughly the size of Arizona, the rest of the US grid would kick in to supply the area. As for EMP, it's high altitude blasts that emit such energy, while the bombings here would be ground oriented to attempt to stem the Zed tide. Now, A14 electricity hopefully will be generator based to add a new level of complexity to the game- scavenge parts, make genny, find fuel. Just my 2 cents.

Well, I think we would disagree that it's a localized event, first. The story goes that Nav is the "last eden", which to me implies the least nuked. Additionally, power lines would have been knocked down, as well. Also (and I had to cheat) there are 3 types of EMP effects, only one of which requires ionization of the upper atmosphere.

But bottom line, from a /game/ perspective, it's best to go ahead and turn out all the lights before the introduction of generators and whatnot. Just my opinion.

Well, I think we would disagree that it's a localized event, first. The story goes that Nav is the "last eden", which to me implies the least nuked. Additionally, power lines would have been knocked down, as well. Also (and I had to cheat) there are 3 types of EMP effects, only one of which requires ionization of the upper atmosphere.

But bottom line, from a /game/ perspective, it's best to go ahead and turn out all the lights before the introduction of generators and whatnot. Just my opinion.

I agree. At the moment it's causing fps issues for some people. And there's really no need for them. You can pretty easily make candles/torches and the mining helmet is a perm fix or a flashlight on your gun is decent to for clearing buildings. And on top of all this as Guppy said electricity is coming, so why not prepare for it by going ahead and killing the lights. Mag could probably do it little by little instead of at the last second and save himself some grief.

Valid points. My opinion stems from observations and not the propaganda from Dear Leader MM: I only say localized because the plane overhead would have maybe an 1,100 mile range, so some form of civilization is at most 550 miles away. There are lights (underground lines?), working fridges, etc. So there is clearly electricity, which is coming from somewhere. Don't believe the lies of our current running dog government telling you all hope is gone. The lies keep them in power. The revolution is the only truth, and we will defeat the tyranny keeping us down! We will rise up! We will win! V for victory! Rebel ! Rebel! Rebel! Do not go quietly into the night! Rise up now and take back what is rightfully ours!!

Fight the Power!

(yeh, was always weird that some items had power, but I figured they were placeholders, I suspect refers will be turned off when electricity comes)

Hoping for that and food spoilage until you get a working generator to go with the fridge. Then you have to make biofuel, which leads to spiders, which leads to hoards.....

Me too. Spoilage would be awesome. And temperature effects. And encumbrance (to a point, not like H1Z1, but if I'm loaded down with rocks don't let me swim). And diseases that make sense.

With the upcoming "need rain for crops to grow" thing, maybe use spoiled food as fertilizer to increase plant growth in dryer biomes?

@Guppycur:

The sizis of the cities and town are synchronized to the amount of prefabs that are able to spawn there.

If u remove prefabs - u also have to decrease the max-sizes of cities and towns to fill them well !!!

(or let some prefabs appear twice)

When iam finished with the addictions of a new pack, i always count the prefabs for each township first.

And then i determite the sizes of the ciites/towns in association to the ability to spawn there !!!

U dont mentioned it before - that u have modified the Pack !!!!

I always guess error-reports belonging to Magolivanilla-Version if nothing else is said to me !!!

@Sergant1000:

villages? do u mean towns or cities. Or perhaps even rurals?

totally empty ??? This is curious. Could u pls post a screenshot of that ?

What seedname u have used? Perhaps i can reproduce that error!

And the coords of that empty thing would be awesome too.

Nice day

Mag

That's why I was hesitant to say anything, until I saw the other guy say something. FYI, the only prefabs removed were the skyscraper and MAYBE 2 others.

that should dont have such an impact.

When i back from work i make some testing-spawns to see if i get unfilled towns/cities too.

however thx for ur interresse and feedback guys :)

Mag

That's why I was hesitant to say anything, until I saw the other guy say something. FYI, the only prefabs removed were the skyscraper and MAYBE 2 others.

Off topic but, great job on the "roll" over at the Diary thread! I didn't personally get rolled, but mainly because I read the rest of the thread instead of insta-clicking. The level of stupid there gets annoying at times.

@Sergant1000:

yeah - i see that !!!

Which other mod(s) do u have installed also. I guess yours OFC.

But ur mod dont belongs the mixer or the Prefabs-folder IMO.

I have made about 10 seeds and searched for those cities. But in my (pure) version everything is fine.

Except:

-In very big CommonCities (this means the full 618 X 618) there are 3 Cityhubs not filled with Prefabs - sry for that !!!

-And the townspawning does what it wants. But sadly not what i wish !!!

-To have the towns filled well is part of the worldgenerator. Here the Pimps have much work to do !!! Also in the rurals !!!

Mag

@dragonslayer770:

all is done in the mixer:

its simple: when u double the city-size - u have to double the prefabs-amount (just double the maxlimit-value!)

@argeos:

iam sure u mean the one in the MAGTEN - Cellar in the Storageroom.

It is nothing !!! LOL

No - seriously: Its just used by me for decoration-purposes !!!

In earlier Gameversions there was a function. But no more today !!!

funny and curious to me:

All your questions was suposed to be answered in my very informative Info-Thread i have started not soon ago.

As i said i had just started the writing of the Knowledgebase. The Infos i gave there was about 1/8 of the Knowledge I wanted to share.

But as a few guys dont followed my simple wishes - and tried to playing tricks on me - I decided to remove all the informations from it !!!

to the Pack:

I will deliver the unlit-version when iam able to convert the metas.

Hal has made some bugfixes on the Magoli-function. I will check that soon. Hopefully it will work now.

to the Alpha13-Trailer:

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW - very big changes awaits us again - Iam very interrested in the new Blocks (Worklight and Steeldoors/Hatches) - I hope they will get new ID's. But i didn't saw the new water. Perhaps it was not finished for video.

Now u can Loot and/or harvest almost everything. I ask myself what impact to the Prefabs Lootcontainers it will have ????

Magout

Archived