Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey guys, I just spent the creepiest night I've ever had with this game. I was hiding out in what I thought was a normal apartment building. It was not. Some one here created a seedy, maze like building full of tiny, weird apartments, and I had the best time of this game so far crouching around getting loot while trying to avoid detection from the rest of the city folk. (for clarification- there's a room with a coffin on an alter with candles around it) I just wanted to thank who ever created that building. You really captured a mood there!

Hey guys, I just spent the creepiest night I've ever had with this game. I was hiding out in what I thought was a normal apartment building. It was not. Some one here created a seedy, maze like building full of tiny, weird apartments, and I had the best time of this game so far crouching around getting loot while trying to avoid detection from the rest of the city folk. (for clarification- there's a room with a coffin on an alter with candles around it) I just wanted to thank who ever created that building. You really captured a mood there!

That's one of my favorites!

It's especially scary when you have zen spawn count at 300 with a 150% spawn rate and you're the only one online. (Almost didn't make it out of there alive)

UPDATE-TIME !!!

New version is now: COMPOPACK8(lit)

This Release mainly belongs to 3 big things i worked on:

1. Adding all the new Prefabs to the Pack

2. Repaired ALL Prefabs 100% - In term of function and Looking !!!

(Also Prepared them for the new Lootamount-Score-System. But this will be officially Introduced later!)

3. Added a new Towntyp with a bunch of new and reactived Nava-Prefabs. Its called WASTYTOWN. I posted it earlier!

To get it click the DL-Link on the first Post !!!

Final thoughts:

IMO the RWG-worlds could look like so much better. I hope for A13 !!!

OK - we dont have to forget: This is Alpha!!! after an difficult untity-change !

But its the swelling amount of BUGS and the NOTFIXING of the known ones that decreases the Experience drasticly.

This makes me sad and disappointed. Its not in my hands to deliver u the Map i wanted to look like yet !!!

Here is what i have changed from pack7:

(I cant believe it! The changelog is to big to post it here - lol)

Who is interrested: HERE is the CHANGELOG for this release.

Have fun

Magout

UPDATE-TIME !!!

(Also Prepared them for the new Lootamount-Score-System. But this will be officially Introduced later!)

3. Added a new Towntyp with a bunch of new and reactived Nava-Prefabs. Its called WASTYTOWN. I posted it earlier!

Final thoughts:

OK - we dont have to forget: This is Alpha!!! after an difficult untity-change !

But its the swelling amount of BUGS and the NOTFIXING of the known ones that decreases the Experience drasticly.

This makes me sad and disappointed. Its not in my hands to deliver u the Map i wanted to look like yet !!!

Have fun

Magout

Great work! Viewing the changes now. Not sure of the problem, but could just busting out the lights in each prefab fix it? How about you get a number of trusted 7D2D gamers to take a few of the prefabs each, go in, bust the lights, replace with the optimal light, resave and recompile? Just a thought. Thanks so much for all your work! Having a great time with the pack.

Awesome update Magoli. I've installed it and I'm re-mapping everything now after wiping the region files.

Also, thank you for removing the barelsmoketest items. the fog was really a huge issue with those. I've been trying to create a smoke item like you would see on a chimney or small fire, but no luck yet.

UPDATE-TIME !!!

Final thoughts:

Have fun

Magout

Awesome work, can't wait for the unlit version to see if that helps my sister and niece who are playing on cheap laptops. Thanks a ton for all the work you put into making this pack so more people can enjoy the prefabs than ever would even attempt installing each of them separately.

thx so much guys - u are awesome too !!!

Iam so glad ppl like it. :)

Do u guys have more fps-drops as normal with the pack8(Lit) installed ???

On my PC the fps goes down to about 25fps constantly. When moving it goes down to about 15fps.

No nice playing !!! On a server i guess its unplayable. Much feedback is wished !!!

Anyway:

The more i think of it - the more i need to ask myself one simple Question:

Why should be there a lighting at all ?????

All plants have deactivated themselfes long time ago.

And the last emergency-engine in the Hospitals and airports just worked 1 week. Now they has also no gas left !!!

It a conflict between real-looking and nice-looking. OFC the Prefabs looks much better with active Lights (just look the shadowplays of the porchlight01 on the walls - just beautiful). But the situation this game is simulating is another.

IMO the lighting should be deactived at least until TFP add the electricity-part !!!

What are your points and meanings to that guys ???

Mag

On my PC the fps goes down to about 25fps constantly. When moving it goes down to about 15fps.

No nice playing !!! On a server i guess its unplayable. Much feedback is wished !!!

Anyway:

And the last emergency-engine in the Hospitals and airports just worked 1 week. Now they has also no gas left !!!

It a conflict between real-looking and nice-looking. OFC the Prefabs looks much better with active Lights (just look the shadowplays of the porchlight01 on the walls - just beautiful). But the situation this game is simulating is another.

IMO the lighting should be deactived at least until TFP add the electricity-part !!!

Mag

I downloaded the pack and wiped for a fresh start and it's amazing Mag. The cities are full and are spawning almost perfectly now. And so many new buildings to explore! Loving it man Great work.!

As far as the frame drop, I am getting some rough spots here and there . it seems to really wig out around the burning buildings (which are awesome btw). But i am still consistently over 40fps even in the city with zeds. And as far as the lights, i have never understood why fridges/lights and all are working anyway...the power has long been gone. I would be completely cool with killing the lights. Would add to the spookyness of a lot of prefabs as well and would give people more reason to carry torch/candles around.

Awesome work magoli and greatly appreciated effort!

been waiting for this for a while now, been working on these to go with your compo pack on our dedicated server, defo worth a look when ye have time.

Yes - I read your Thread. I really like what u did :)

I give detailed feedback when Iam starting the work on the next release (Pack9).

I wish u a great time

Mag

btw:

The unlit version of PACK8 will come as soon as the Converting-function in editor works 100% fine.

Anyway:

Mag

NOOOOOOO mags lol. TWD has power in season 5 5 yrs after the outbreak lol.just think of it as there is a nuclear plant that is still operating somewhere far far away lol :-D

Anyway:

Mag

I get pretty much the same thing on my end. Any time I get near a town or most POI locations my fps drops a ton. It's still playable, and IMO it's worth the extra stutter to have so much more variety, but having the prefabs without the lag would be great.

As for justifying the lighting removal, if you care about realism then there really shouldn't be any lights left out there. Any place that had their own generator would have either been used as a base, or at the very least had the fuel stolen long before the survivors in that area either moved on or died off. Even if they left the fuel, gas does have a shelf life and any fuel left in the tanks would likely be so degraded as to not work at all.

Solar panels. The buildings with lights in them have solar panels lol. No fuel sun is still providing power :-D = realism.

- - - Updated - - -

MAG

Great work i havent had any fps drops and I have 6 cities with a stone throw away from each other. Will put up pics when i at computer.

Have always loved the varieties of prefabs and the cities look amazing :-D

Must be bad luck, one of my cities has like 80% of the same building in it. I'ma keep looking around though.

It depends on many factors - world seed also how you set your rwgmixer ie: citywasty i have like 1030 x 2070. But i think the size of biome maybe i have 3200.

Idk but i am set up for the entire zombie apocalypse lol.

...and nukes would have emp'd any existing power plants. And electricity is coming in what, A14? So... that.

Indulge me a moment, Mr. Guppycur... If the zombie infestation is a localized event, say roughly the size of Arizona, the rest of the US grid would kick in to supply the area. As for EMP, it's high altitude blasts that emit such energy, while the bombings here would be ground oriented to attempt to stem the Zed tide. Now, A14 electricity hopefully will be generator based to add a new level of complexity to the game- scavenge parts, make genny, find fuel. Just my 2 cents.

Archived