Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

exactly Laz !! - This is what my tests r brought me too !!!

This Issue seems only to be in RWG-maps. I tested every Prefab in Nava and had not so nasty fps-drops !?!?!

Better use Lit2 - then Lit1 !!!

Better use wallcandles - then walltorches !!!

Because Torches have also an nasty negatuve impact to the performance !!!

I wait for the next game-update - If its not fixed then, I Have to switch all lights of all 120 prefabs to "Lit2" for real !!!

And also change all torches to candles - till we can use them again without performance-holes !!!

Mag

magoli, do you know how to change all to lit2 automatically? there must be a fast way of doing it

No - still not !!!

Iam on this. I asked Hal. No answere yet (was just a few hours ago XD)

Worst case scenario: I have to do it manually !!! Iam not afraid for - but is has to make sense for longer time.

Because iam sure TFP will fix this Lightning-Issue and tweak the performance from update to update !!!

Mag

I think hal will be able to help, he is a wizard when it comes to this. if not, i will work a way of scripting it inside the editor, though im sure hal can think of a faster way

Yes - Hal is a wizard - and my god XD - lets see what he says about it ...

Can u code in C# ??

I only can code in Basic !!!

If i would know C# - the "Lit-Converter" surly would be no problem !!!

Goodnight

Mag

I made lights with custom textures in the block Atlas Bundle, edit the Blockatlas and set the Emission map to very bright for you texture. Made a funny Video here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31813-2kDaysToDie-Future-Mod&p=304127#post304127

There are about 100 lights and 150 mirrors blocks that mirrors the lights. Couldn't see any Performance issues, works fast as without the lights. ;)

hey guys

How does the Pack work ???

It seems good - Useally i got tons of error-reports XD !!!

@bigc: Hal will perhaps take a look at the Light-thingy this weekend. Lets freeze down this casefile till then.

Serious request at ALL:

Please take a look on THIS Thread guys !!! Thank you guys

Mag

thx Doombringer101 :)

I have another Thread started.

Its a working-group-project for the COMPO-PACK.

me and alexander_q work on a SCORE-SYSTEM FOR LOOTCONTAINERS IN PREFABS :)

I want u guys to take a look on that Thread too, please !!!

The structure is already finished. But i want ur feedback there - before I make the values fix !!!

And another project for the Pack is in work !!!!

elitelex has a great knowledge of prefabbing too. And he will decotates some (or all???) Prefabs with decals.

(We figured out - that decals are useable on ground in rwg too !!! It has no rotating-issues !!! He has shorttested that !!!

And I myself continue with repairings of 6 Prefabs i have started.

I had no time/muse to finish them before Packrelease. But now i will do this !!!

btw:

I found a bug in the Pack:

It belongs to "xvanilla_factory_lg_01" and "xvanilla_factory_lg_02"

They have a strong tendency to collapse - becasue i forgot to add a thick basement to them.

Sry bout that !!! But it looks so cool when they start to collapse (especially when i stand inside XD) - Perhaps i keep that ?!?!

Pls take the time to read the Score-thing-Thread

Mag

Sometimes I am having some performance problems in the city but I am not sure why exactly. I am still testing and I will let you know if I find the problem.

But so far is perfect. Thx Mag

Chous

try to breakdown the lights and watch the fps !!! IMO thats the main-problem - The Lightning causes this !!!

But vielen Dank so far ;)

I just want to say thank you magoli for this fantastic mod! The prefabs are really great.

I found this awesome factory yesterday with a bull dozer outside. Some of the houses are incredible! You are are very gifted, my friend.

You've managed to breath new life into this game. Why the 7dtd team don't incorporate different prefabs in the game is beyond me, it gets real boring looting the same kind of house over and over

THANK YOU!

This mod is awesome. I can't believe TFP didn't added all these things in the game.

Like The Viper said, its damn boring to loot the same house over and over.

This mod gave me a new game to play, its awesome!

The problem im having with this mod is that if you want to use it, you cannot use any GSP out there that will run this mod correctly.

It always use to much RAM and GSP tend to auto-restart the server when it reaches 2.5/3GB of RAM in use. This is annoying.

I don't know any GSP that can handle this mod properly yet.. this make me sad :(

This mod is awesome. I can't believe TFP didn't added all these things in the game.

Like The Viper said, its damn boring to loot the same house over and over.

This mod gave me a new game to play, its awesome!

The problem im having with this mod is that if you want to use it, you cannot use any GSP out there that will run this mod correctly.

It always use to much RAM and GSP tend to auto-restart the server when it reaches 2.5/3GB of RAM in use. This is annoying.

I don't know any GSP that can handle this mod properly yet.. this make me sad :(

I run the pack( along with a big mod) on Bluefang server and have been for about 2 months through it's different iterations and Bluefang has never reset the server on me .

I run the pack( along with a big mod) on Bluefang server and have been for about 2 months through it's different iterations and Bluefang has never reset the server on me .

Omg you serious ??? What is the other mod you are running except this one ?

I might have to change GSP!

Thanks for this information thewalkingdeadguy :D

EDIT: Wow their price seems good too!

No problem . They have been nothing but helpful and their customer service knows what they are doing which is great.

Blackbox servers are the same. They have never rest the server as well. I have 2 large mods plus several small buts n pieces. Plus this combo prefab pack plus the cbsm and everything is great

hey guys

I don't know the compatibility to other MODs.

But the MOD thewalkingdeadguy mentioned has prefabs integrated too (as far as I know).

If its so:

This means it has probably also a modified rwgmixer !!!

U have to decide which mixer u want - or assemble them together !!!

Mag

hey guys

I don't know the compatibility to other MODs.

But the MOD thewalkingdeadguy mentioned has prefabs integrated too (as far as I know).

If its so:

This means it has probably also a modified rwgmixer !!!

U have to decide which mixer u want - or assemble them together !!!

Mag

Mag is 100%right . The mod I am talking about also has a mixer file . The prefab files are nearly identical except the mod has fewer prefabs because the mod owner does his own QC's on the prefabs . I personally have been using his mod(live free or die) and using Magolis prefab folder and mixer . Both mixers work just fine . And at this point there is very little difference in the two . Magolis mixer you will have more prefabs and just slightly more performance hit because of more prefabs . The mods mixer is a little easier on slower machines and has water biomes .

Both are great ! Magoli and agent are both very good at what they do and I got nothing but respect and gratitude for both you guys .

Did they change their website URL ?

If I reach http://7daystodie.com/servers/ and click on blackbox.. it direct me to a domain for sell.. lol

I switched from Blackbox to Bluefang. Both are good companies, but as far as ease of use, and ping, Bluefang won by fair margin. Even with both servers located in the same city my ping was consistently 40-50 lower with Bluefang

Mag is 100%right . The mod I am talking about also has a mixer file . The prefab files are nearly identical except the mod has fewer prefabs because the mod owner does his own QC's on the prefabs . I personally have been using his mod(live free or die) and using Magolis prefab folder and mixer . Both mixers work just fine . And at this point there is very little difference in the two . Magolis mixer you will have more prefabs and just slightly more performance hit because of more prefabs . The mods mixer is a little easier on slower machines and has water biomes .

Both are great ! Magoli and agent are both very good at what they do and I got nothing but respect and gratitude for both you guys .

This is exactly what I had been doing as well, on a GameServers dedicated server, and it has worked well. Just had to (in the past) be careful with the rwgmixer. Although now that Agent has some of the custom prefabs, as mentioned above, I'm going to try just his files for simplicity sake this evening. We'll see what happens!

Massive thanks for this incredible mod. My wife and I are having a blast exploring all the awesome structures you've created. You've added a ton of life to this game!

A couple of quick question, though... I occasionally get a block texture that is a red circle with a slash through it. It appears to be a missing texture of some sort. If you like, I can screencap it, but otherwise, i was curious to know what might be the cause.

Also, loot supply containers in the world are always completely empty. Is this by design, or is there something wrong on my end? Chests and things like the ammo, gun, and food crates which I find in the world have no loot in them whatsoever.

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome mod!

Archived