Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Massive thanks for this incredible mod. My wife and I are having a blast exploring all the awesome structures you've created. You've added a ton of life to this game!

A couple of quick question, though... I occasionally get a block texture that is a red circle with a slash through it. It appears to be a missing texture of some sort. If you like, I can screencap it, but otherwise, i was curious to know what might be the cause.

Also, loot supply containers in the world are always completely empty. Is this by design, or is there something wrong on my end? Chests and things like the ammo, gun, and food crates which I find in the world have no loot in them whatsoever.

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome mod!

thx for ur feedback :)

The "missing texture" is a officially Block !!! It is a deco-sign and its called "donotusesign".

I use it often for decoration (above doors).

But u are right: it looks like a placeholder for a missing texture. But its not - it is only a grabby looking Block.

Yes - all supplycrates are empty. They was added to the game just to help the players sort their stuff by category.

They r not supposed to generate Loot. I very often use them as decoration and instead of real Lootcontainers (to reduce the Amount of Lootcontainers in a Prefab). They have the same function in game as Storage-Chests (without Locking-function!)

ty for using and enjoying my Pack :)

Mag

hey magoli,

suggestion for the compo pack: Give the pack Version numbers/change list, so we can tell if we have the latest version of it or not :)

Cheers

The Pack has version-numbers!!! From 1-7 !!! Actual version is 7 !!!

I count the releases in whole integer numbers !!!

The latest version-number is always on the first page.

There is also the actuall version-number listed.

The changelog of the releases i post always in the update-post.

But the actual release-notes (and all older ones) are also added to the DL-file of the COMPO-PACK.

All Packs have Changelogs with the correct date of the releaseday.

What is in (and where it spawns) u can easily check by watching the actual CompoPack-rwgmixer.xml !!!

Here u get info about the real spawning-situation (what spawns where - and how often!)

Anyway - thx for ur interrest

Mag

thx for ur feedback :)

The "missing texture" is a officially Block !!! It is a deco-sign and its called "donotusesign".

I use it often for decoration (above doors).

But u are right: it looks like a placeholder for a missing texture. But its not - it is only a grabby looking Block.

Yes - all supplycrates are empty. They was added to the game just to help the players sort their stuff by category.

They r not supposed to generate Loot. I very often use them as decoration and instead of real Lootcontainers (to reduce the Amount of Lootcontainers in a Prefab). They have the same function in game as Storage-Chests (without Locking-function!)

ty for using and enjoying my Pack :)

Mag

Thanks! I was thinking I might have installed something incorrectly, but it turns out thats just the way you designed it.

Are there any ways to potentially get the supply crates to generate loot in the world, do you know? It'd be awesome if they could spawn even just a little bit of loot of the variety they're labeled as (food crates spawn random food items, med crates spawn med supplies, etc.)

Thanks again!

Thanks! I was thinking I might have installed something incorrectly, but it turns out thats just the way you designed it.

Are there any ways to potentially get the supply crates to generate loot in the world, do you know? It'd be awesome if they could spawn even just a little bit of loot of the variety they're labeled as (food crates spawn random food items, med crates spawn med supplies, etc.)

Thanks again!

Yes iam sure this is possible. But i dont know if its hardcoded or xmllistet.

One of the real modders should know this.

Mag

Sometimes I am having some performance problems in the city but I am not sure why exactly. I am still testing and I will let you know if I find the problem.

But so far is perfect. Thx Mag

Chous

The performance hit is coming from the Skyscraper prefab. I 100% know this.

yo - thx for the info ;)

I will check the Skyscraper for any Issues (Light , Doors , strange blocks , strange rotations)

I give feedback to this soon ;)

sidenote:

If anyone asks:

"What the hell is Magoli doing the last days ??? Does he still work on the Pack ???"

Hell - yeah ;)

After Pack-release I took 3 days outtime just for playing and having fun.

Then I had the muse to make a new Prefab!! Its a Cityspawner and really cool IMO ;) - but i guess its secret till next release Oo)

Then there r 5 workinggroups/projects i do simultanious right now:

- Iam in conversation with 4 Creators because of little or big tweaks they may do in their Prefabs (to get in the Pack)!

- There are still some Repairs of old/reincarneted Prefabs i have to finish.

- Iam in conversation with elitelex because of decals in some(or all) prefabs. He has a brilliant knowledge how to use them - thx lex;)

- Iam in conversation with alexander_q because of the new Score-System for Lootcontainer-amount in Prefabs i wanna activate soon ! I bring the values - Alex makes the spreadsheet !!! (more about this in its own thread!)

- Iam in conversation with Hal because of an Converter for Meta's (Lit1 to Lit2 - Converter at least !!!!)

bigc90210 is also interrested in such a tool. Perhaps he has the muse,time and skills to programm one !?!?!

Because it seems Hal doesn't have much time for that. He gives so much support in his thread these days.

I respect him - and appriciate all the work he did for us. This is y i believe some1 other should code such an tool.

I would do it - but i can't code in C# !!!

There are other little and big works on my do-to-list. But since 3 days i calculate and determite all the Prefab-factors (PF) for the Lootcontainer-amount-system.

ok - talked enough

Mag

Hey Mag, I might have found a tiny problem. Any city that loaded up with Lazman's Apartment_Store prefab was causing the world to stop rendering. I tested it about 10 times, and got the same result everytime except when I commented that prefab out

Hey Mag, I might have found a tiny problem. Any city that loaded up with Lazman's Apartment_Store prefab was causing the world to stop rendering. I tested it about 10 times, and got the same result everytime except when I commented that prefab out

k - will check that also !!!

Every prefab was tested ?!?! hmmm curios !!!

I give feedback tommorow

goodnight

Mag

I tested it. Yes - the Skyscaper is a "Lit1"-Prefab !!!

We are on that problem.

Meanwhile i recommend to remove or deactivate the line 401 from my rwgmixer.

This will cause the Skyscraper to NOT appear !!!

I have tested it now !!!

I watched it complety in the editor and examined it (Lights, Doors , Strange Blockss, Entity or Rotations)

And i also let it naturally spawn (City) and took a flight above, through and beside it.

But everything is fine and my fps-counter stays constantly by 60 !!! (Its a local-SP-map!)

No error found on this Prefab.

Are u sure u use A12.4 ????

Save ur work - and reinstall the game - perhaps something is broken??

(gfx-driver , win-driver , steam had also a update yesterday!)

thx for the feedback and the interrest guys ;)

stay tuned

Mag

@Uriziel:

Have u tried to let it spawn in NAVA ???

Perhaps there is a limit (hardcoded) of Prefabs that r allowed to spawn ????

Have u tried to let another Prefab appear there - where the Store from Laz made u problem ???

-- just a few after-thoughts ---

Mag

@Uriziel:

Have u tried to let it spawn in NAVA ???

Perhaps there is a limit (hardcoded) of Prefabs that r allowed to spawn ????

Have u tried to let another Prefab appear there - where the Store from Laz made u problem ???

-- just a few after-thoughts ---

Mag

Nope, I spawned it in Random Gen, no idea why but everytime I got close to the city I got the island bug where nothing would render and I was on a square. So I commented out half the city POIs, completely reset the world and went back. Repeated this process til I narrowed it down to this prefab. I'll try reinstalling the prefabs when I get home and see if that fixes it.

Nope, I spawned it in Random Gen, no idea why but everytime I got close to the city I got the island bug where nothing would render and I was on a square. So I commented out half the city POIs, completely reset the world and went back. Repeated this process til I narrowed it down to this prefab. I'll try reinstalling the prefabs when I get home and see if that fixes it.

Reinstall all ! The game too.

Very curious ... !!!

I have no idea - what that could be. There should be about 70 COMPO-PACKS7 out there. Nobody reported this before.

Please try to find the problem at your side first.

Iam sure the Prefab is fine - It spawned now the 3rd time RWG without any problems !!!

very curious !!!

Mag

@guppycur:

As long u let it spawn in Cities,Towns or rural it will appear near the street !!!

U can define the direction the prefab has to be spawned to face the street.

Its this line in the prefabs-own xmlfile:

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="3" />

The value can go from 0(=no rotation) to 3(=270 degrees rotating)

The rotation goes CLOCKWISE !!! (4 times 90degrees)

The word "RotatingToFaceNorth" is totaly confusing for non-trained people (and technically wrong IMO) !!!

It should rather be called: "RotatingToFaceTheStreet" !!!! Because this is what this command actually does !!!!

It has for us users nothing to do with NORTH !!! North is just the beginningpoint (for him) he starts to rotate !!!

If u have that in mind u have understood how it works !!!

I got around to making my rest area last night, and came back here to study this answer, but quick question:

How do you determine which side of the PREFAB is the one to face the street? I get that "North" is an abstract to represent "Where the street is". I don't get which side of the prefab is going to be the one to face "North".

YYYYYYYY
Z         W
Z         W
Z         W
XXXXXXXX

...what determines w,x,y, and z?

I could use trial and error, but I would have to find my prefab in the random gen map first. :)

I got around to making my rest area last night, and came back here to study this answer, but quick question:

How do you determine which side of the PREFAB is the one to face the street? I get that "North" is an abstract to represent "Where the street is". I don't get which side of the prefab is going to be the one to face "North".

YYYYYYYY
Z         W
Z         W
Z         W
XXXXXXXX

...what determines w,x,y, and z?

I could use trial and error, but I would have to find my prefab in the random gen map first. :)

Its confusing - i know !!!

It belongs where the mainentry/frontside is in the editor. Is it in the North - then u have got rotation=0

Is it in the south then u have to choose rotation=2

Next problem:

The "RotationToFaceNorth"- Command dont works for City-Spawning !!!!! (rural,wilderness - also dont know !!!)

what i know for sure: It still works for town-spawning !!!

Sry - i cant tell more !!! But i have to make a few testingseries - to figure out how the rotations now work in a12 in the City,rural and wilderness !!!

(any help is appreciated !!!)

furter problem:

If u get it rotated - u stand in front of the next Issue !!!

Some blocks (stairs , chests , manymany other blocks) dont rortate well with the whole Prefab.

And iam sure u have disrotated Blocks after Prefab-rotation !!!

Alpha - Alpha - Alpha !!!!

But i really hope they take care soon of the misserable spawning-situation we got now !!!!!

Mag

Mag

Okay, so when I'm in Hals, the "main entrance" is the top of the screen?

...and "Best Practice" is to always make a prefab using that knowledge, so that rotations are never an issue?

I wish it would be like so - but no!

The Game-engine rotates Prefabs for spawning in town to fit the street. And streets can be N,W,S and EAST to the Prefab !!!

The Game-engine rotates also City-Prefabs by random - if they don't have a rule for in the rwgmixer!!! (I have to make more tests about this !!! - But don't have much time since weeks to workdown my to-do-list :( )

As long the Rotating-Issue of the stranger-blocks is not fixed - Prefab-Rotating is a dangerous thing. On map - and even in the editor itself! Normal: Because the editor is always bind to the blocks.xml that is in use !!!

I have mixed feelings about the BIG-BLOCK-FIX (whenever it should come).

One side: I want the Issues to be gone !!!

Other side: I guess I have to repair all our Costum and XVanilla -Prefabs again manually each by each.

The waiting of the unknown drives me crazy sometimes (and decreases my Prefabbing-muse)

Mag

My apologies, the language barrier is confusing me.

...so there is no way to determine which side of the prefab faces the street?

It doesn't matter if I include facenorth because I can't set which side of the prefab faces north?

I think we are misunderstanding each other, because in your pack, the front door always seems to face the street.

What I'm trying to determine is how you set which side of the prefab is the one to facenorth.

For my rest area, I have a parking lot that needs to be adjacent to the road. Right now that edge is the north edge in the editor.

sry for my bad english.

I also mixed 2 things in the answere:

1. The answere of your question

2 What happens to Prefabs when the game rotates them. No matter if with or without rotation-rules !!!

Yes - its possible to give them a rule to always face to the street in towns.

This is what the "RotationToFaceNorth"-Command in the Prefabs own .xml does !!!

If the Prefab-frontside in the editor is in the north - then u have to choose rotation="0" !!!

If the frontside dont point to north - then correct the value by how many 1/4 rotations u need - to get it face to north !!!

counting-direction: clockwise = +1

counting-direction: counterclockwise = -1

The Range goes from 0-3 (=4 directions - per 90deg - 4 X 90 = a full rotation)

After 3 follows 0 (in clockwise countingdirection)

After 0 follows 3 (in counterclockwise countingdirection)

But how it works in Cities,rural and wilderness i dont know yet. This i have to figure out - when i have time for.

I hope i finally answered now well !!!

Mag

The game assumes the front of your house points north, if it does, do nothing and rwg will place it south of a road so the entrance points to the road..

If the entrance points west the rotation is 3 and rwg places it east of a road

if the entrance points south the rotation is 2 and rwg places it north of a road

if the entrance points east the rotation is 1 and rwg places it west of a road

No idea if this is still neede but it's the simplest way to explain it imho. :)

Ah, so this will work if I build it in game then export, I will know what "North" is and can build facing south. Perfect. I'll have to play around and see what side that ends up being in the editor, should I build a prefab straight from there. Thanks guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread but knew this was the most knowledgeable place to get an answer. :)

everything is fine Guppy ;)

And ur right - seems here is the meetingpoint for Prefabbers ;)

@all:

QUIZ-TIME !!!!

I never mentioned it - but the word COMPO is a shortcut !!!

Who guesses for which words C.O.M.P.O. Pack stands for ???

The winner can wish himself a Prefab - and build it ;) !!!

Mag out

Archived