Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, keisuke.jp said:

Dear moderators,

I am Japanese, and I am really looking forward to being able to play A21. Will it be possible to play it by June?

No date has been given.  If you read the last page or two, you'll see they're working on fixing certain game stopping bugs first but that those seem to be mostly done if no more crop up.  So chances are it'll be within a couple of weeks.  On the other hand, if more bugs appear that have to be fixed first, it could be later.  All we can do is wait.  When they give an exact date, I'm sure the first post in this thread will be updated to show it.

11 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Lets not have any of those bugs, lets have the kind that faatal uses a fly swatter on.

So if its the next weekend then around monday we should know?

I'm pretty sure for A20 it was the Wednesday before it was made public. I'd hope at least they would let streamers know today or Monday though

23 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

I'm pretty sure for A20 it was the Wednesday before it was made public. I'd hope at least they would let streamers know today or Monday though

Roland said that the streamers will get new informations as soon as they are available. Therefore, I assume that they know a little earlier than us when the streamer weekend is.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

On 4/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Crater Creator said:

Streamer Weekend FAQ

Q: When is Alpha 21 coming out, and when will the Streamer Weekend participants get access to it?

A: When it's ready. Don't claim specific dates when hyping the event to your viewers. Some streamers did this in the past, and it makes everyone look bad. Monitor the Discord server for updates. We hope to provide the date the Monday or Tuesday before the event, but sometimes things happen. The public release of Alpha 21 experimental will happen on a Monday. The Streamer Weekend participants will get it the Friday/Saturday before that, so they have roughly the full weekend for streaming (more or less, depending on timezone).

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

14 hours ago, keisuke.jp said:

Dear moderators,

I am Japanese, and I am really looking forward to being able to play A21. Will it be possible to play it by June?

By June or within June? If by June, from what I recall of how the time zones are set up, you asked your question on June 2nd Japan time. So no, not by June. I get it, the flow of days and weeks gets blurry sometimes.

Example: Yesterday, which was Thursday local, I was intermittently thinking today, Friday local, was both Thursday and Friday depending on what conversation I was in or what I was planning. 😖

Here's hoping for a release of A21 within June though. :)

I know it's off-topic (from both A21 and farming), but I always got myself thinking:

Wouldn't it be nice if, for every repair you do on an item, it degrades a level?

Say you have a level 6 pump shotgun. You repair it, it then degrades to level 5. If it is a level 1, it cannot be repaired. You lose it forever...

Is it only me or does the idea really sounds good?

21 minutes ago, Teure said:

Not really. With each horde, the quality of my weapons would drop by at least 2 levels if not more.

And I don't even want to start thinking about how many augers I would consume per mining day this way.

But if you want to give it a try, there is a mod that does something similar to what you want. With each repair you have a 50% chance that the quality drops by one level.

https://7daystodiemods.com/item-quality-degradation/

By the way, there is already a thread about this topic.

1 hour ago, hiemfire said:

By June or within June? If by June, from what I recall of how the time zones are set up, you asked your question on June 2nd Japan time. So no, not by June. I get it, the flow of days and weeks gets blurry sometimes.

Example: Yesterday, which was Thursday local, I was intermittently thinking today, Friday local, was both Thursday and Friday depending on what conversation I was in or what I was planning. 😖

Here's hoping for a release of A21 within June though. :)

I'm sure some things don't translate perfectly between languages and they were asking about it being ready in June. 😀

6 hours ago, Teure said:

I know it's off-topic (from both A21 and farming), but I always got myself thinking:

Wouldn't it be nice if, for every repair you do on an item, it degrades a level?

Say you have a level 6 pump shotgun. You repair it, it then degrades to level 5. If it is a level 1, it cannot be repaired. You lose it forever...

I've been playing older versions to pass time until A21 drops and there was a time things degraded when repaired. It was removed so don't know if they will change it back in future but who knows.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)